::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
I hear ya.. I didn't realize it was changed from DeLa Sarthe to Monza until yesterday morning.. just didn't see it in the thread I guess lol. Got about 10 minutes of online practice in and ran almost a full second faster then than in qualifying :crazy:

Yeah same, had 30 mins of my only practice around Monza and I managed to get a low 1:47... I believe I could of even got 1:46. The set-up I have now just makes the car a dream to drive as well, even though it is totally random :drool:

Btw, making a practice room for Monza now, if anyone wants to join they are welcome to, number will be up in a sec.

Edit: Number is 1472-6681-3630-4562-6419

I am so far off pace of the other GT300 racers that I must have a really bad setup or I just can't drive. Probably just can't drive:)

Yeah same, had 30 mins of my only practice around Monza and I managed to get a low 1:47... I believe I could of even got 1:46. The set-up I have now just makes the car a dream to drive as well, even though it is totally random :drool:9

I was running stock except for LSD (only braking reduced), downforce and transmission. I really need to learn how to tune LSD and suspension.

I was running stock except for LSD (only braking reduced), downforce and transmission. I really need to learn how to tune LSD and suspension.

LSD seems to be driver-friendly in a way. I can't get my head around it either, but you can edit it a lot without too much of a negative effect, as long as you don't go too high with the settings. I find the middle numbers work best, but that's just me. Suspension, on the other hand... well that's a totally different animal :P Only thing that works for me here is trial and error... I just keep going lower and higher settings, taking note of what effect they have. Slow and tentative I know, but I'm starting to get an idea of what settings work best for the car. :)

New room number btw, last one disconnected :scared:

1472-6118-3701-4254-3556

LSD seems to be driver-friendly in a way. I can't get my head around it either, but you can edit it a lot without too much of a negative effect, as long as you don't go too high with the settings. I find the middle numbers work best, but that's just me. Suspension, on the other hand... well that's a totally different animal :P Only thing that works for me here is trial and error... I just keep going lower and higher settings, taking note of what effect they have. Slow and tentative I know, but I'm starting to get an idea of what settings work best for the car. :)

New room number btw, last one disconnected :scared:

1472-6118-3701-4254-3556

Yeah, I'll probably try and do some trial and error later. I really need to get the horrific low-speed understeer out of the Xanavi Nismo GT-R.

Don't know if it is still up, but I just got disconnected from my own room and I can't get back in -.- GT5 being typically evil again.

yea we still in it, however im gunna go watch shameless lol.

Just did a 1st lap of 1:46.111, i hope i can get near that tomorrow :sly:

Care to share the set up? I still have no clue if my setup is close, so it leaves unsure to drive the car different or look for changes in behavior via chassis.

:(

Of course i can share my setup. Gimme 2 secs i'll boot up the PS3 and post the setup here. Keep in mind that it mostly suit my driving style and tuned with a DS3. BTW luke i just accepted your invite. yo yo yo Masi can we do a mock up race of 10 laps maybe just to test things out like we did on Laguna?! :)

When will a fresh season start Masi? Just curious because I want to be 100 percent focused with GT Academy Round 2 starting next week. But I wanna compete in this league as well as WRS. Thanks!

Start will be after the first week of February as i will be out of town (Depends on the Poll Results).

I kinda wish i put more effort in GT Academy myself, but i got caught up making this series :(

Oh well...

Woohoo! I just ran 7 practice laps at Monza and finally figured out how to get my time down to 1'58.7xx! It's not as fast as the top GT300 qualifiers, but it is competitive now and it was very clean, if I push it a little more I could probably run a 1'57. Hopefully I get in the race this week. Funny thing is that I used the exact same setup! So I guess I was just driving extremely cautious(slow).

Last edited:
Of course i can share my setup. Gimme 2 secs i'll boot up the PS3 and post the setup here. Keep in mind that it mostly suit my driving style and tuned with a DS3. BTW luke i just accepted your invite. yo yo yo Masi can we do a mock up race of 10 laps maybe just to test things out like we did on Laguna?! :)

you got a lobby open now. ill join if you have.

Just opened a room for practice/testing.

We can also conduct some qualifying if people want to do that now. You must be in the driver's list to qualify.

Room Number: 1472 6118 3701 4254 3705

Last edited:
I kinda wish i put more effort in GT Academy myself, but i got caught up making this series :(

Oh well...

I was hoping to see you and more GTP drivers on the leader boards. Although I think someone said out of the top 25, 17 drivers are from GTP which is a good thing for our community.

Arta Garaiya Monza Tune. I will do this every race just to help you guys out who don't know how to tune well.

Aerodynamic Adjustment:
F-35 / R-60

Transmission:
Max Speed-155

Differential:
Initial Torque-5
Acceleration Sensitivity-5
Braking Sensitivity-10

Suspention:
Ride height: F -10 / -8
Spring Rate: F 10.5 / 11.0
Dampers: F 2 / R 4
Dampers compression: F 4 / R 5
Anti-Roll Bars: F 7 / R 3

Wheel Alignment:
Camber Angle: F 1.5 / R 2.5
Toe Angle: F -0.03 / R 0.15

Brakes: (ABS on 1)
F 3 / R 4

Just opened a room for practice/testing.

We can also conduct some qualifying if people want to do that now. You must be in the driver's list to qualify.

damn i would of joinned but i told the miss il watch tv with her lol, il have to wait till tomorrow

i will try the garaiya set-up i only tune the downforce and transmission usually, i dont understand, is there anyway i can join a lobby with one of the organizers so i can do my laps?
as when i tried to join yesterday it dident let me

i will try the garaiya set-up i only tune the downforce and transmission usually, i dont understand, is there anyway i can join a lobby with one of the organizers so i can do my laps?
as when i tried to join yesterday it dident let me

join masi lobby

im nat type 3 i cant join room numbers, it doesnt let me, i can only join via friends in the community

hmm doesnt make sense but hey, add masi as a friend and join that way i guess

look up how to get nat 2, i hvnt got time to explain as im going to bed now lol sorry

About the additional cars in GT300:

I think firstly they don't fit in (I mean the BMW Touring Car, Lexus IS200 Touring Car, Mazda Atenza Touring Car) - they are not at all JGTC/SuperGT cars - they don't have the same look and feel either.

What's more, they just don't have the downforce. With everything maxed to give me as much cornering ability as possible, I was still doing laptimes 3-4 seconds slower than in the RX7. That's just too much, and it was all down to cornering, the top speed is ok - put those cars on a track like Suzuka and they will be 5-6+++ seconds slower per lap, it's just not good enough - only way to solve it is to add power, but it would be a total different type of car than GT500/300.

Just my opinion.

I agree with Andy.

Love the Sound from the Mazda.
Love the looks of the BMW and the IS200.

And that's about it. They're way off pace.

I'll see about the cars when i get back home.

hi all,

first, i'm really looking forward to my first race with you guys friday, and hopefully many more after that!

i'm driving the Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08 GT300 class car.

i've been doing practice laps on Monza for the last couple hours and i can't seem to break 2'. running consistent 2'00".67 or so. have experimented a bit with settings, decreased downforce to minimum, lowered ride height a tad, increased spring rate a touch, but can't seem to break 2 min. i am wondering if there are any tuning suggestions out there for this specific car that you wouldn't mind sharing?

i bought the car just this morning so it only has 100mi on it so far now. i did oil change right when i purchased. it's at 326 HP right now.

i was wondering if maybe i might get a little more HP out of the thing if i was to run it in some B-Spec endurance races in order to get it broken in? i know with some of my other cars (FGT for example) HP seems to peak after about 400-500mi use on a new engine. thoughts?

any tips, tricks, hints are very much appreciated, and i also totally understand if nobody wants to share their setup in the interests of competition!

thanks,

-d

Back