Further explanation of the theme, in the words of our Week 7 Winner Moglet:

I want to see some classic cars shot in the right style! So retro tones
and locations are going to get my vote!

CARS: any from 1980 or earlier
LOCATIONS: any track
PHOTO TRAVEL: yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: see above

gtpapmcrulesc.jpg

• No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 20. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", and the best from each
    poll faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
gtpapmcediting.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).

What you may do to a photo:
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photo Travel shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline.jpg

(@ 1700 GMT)

Last edited:
Interpret retro locations however you will, but if I see a classic car parked infront of the glass offices of the Red Bull Hangar it's likely to not get into the poll. :P

Important News: As was discussed earlier this week, the Editing section has been, er, edited. Please review, and bring up any glaring omissions I may have forgotten about either in this thread, or the General Discussion thread. I believe I've covered everything of note for our editing purposes, and it now is multi-platform, but since I don't have as much experience with things that aren't called Photoshop, I'd like to hear from the community as always :)

Oh, and a rough time deadline is now given. That is usually when I send the PM to the week's judge. They might not make their picks until hours later, but that is the latest guaranteed time that they won't miss your entry.

Go go go! :D

(NINJA-EDIT) Jeez Mog, you're fast :P

(NINJA-EDIT) Jeez Mog, you're fast :P

Did you see me lurking in the poll thread before the options were added? :lol:

Also, I'm annoyed with myself for picking my favourite theme when I can't even enter XD

I didn't - I have a system in place for getting poll options up as soon as they can go up, usually within about 90sec of the thread itself (and both threads up at the same time :D), so I don't actually see the thread until the poll is complete :P.

That's the trick - you have to pick a theme you won't mind missing out on. On the other hand... it's your forte, you probably would've won again!

Very nice theme Moglet! I'm gonna have fun looking around in GT5 and testing stuff out in CS this week. :)

I'm guessing an aged picture look could go well with this. Hmmm... 👍

Any track or phototravel. So anywhere at all, basically. There are no restrictions on the location.

They are fine, as long as the original car would be considered a classic.

So here's on what I decided to upload, thought I'd get in early, first time uploading a preview image so I hope it's ok, pretty sure I'm within the changed rules with editing, feel free to shout at me if I'm not!

FINAL ENTRY

This is my second favorite photo-theme idea... I'm actually working on putting a lot of vintage classics in my personal gallery.

Speaking of... provided that an image already in my gallery fits the rules, may I use it?

Gallery images are fair game, as long as they haven't shown up in any previous competitions 👍

I used my gallery as a backup back in GT4 times when I didn't have the will or time to do a separate shoot for each week's comp :lol:.

So, to be clear, it can be a race, or does it have to be a singular vehicle?

So, to be clear, it can be a race, or does it have to be a singular vehicle?

It can be a race as long as the image is clearly focused upon a car from 1980 or earlier (or they're all classics), or it can be a single car shot.

Final Entry
Challenger R/T RM during a T/A Practice Race held by my Club

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

'54 Mercedes-Benz 300SL, Siena.

Yup, if it's retro, it has to be a Polaroid.​

Quick question: Can you crop the image any way you want in the 2.0 competition? Cannot find it in the rules...?

Quick question: Can you crop the image any way you want in the 2.0 competition? Cannot find it in the rules...?

Yes you can crop and resize however you like as long as you stick to a single image. 👍

Brilliant entries so far everyone, they're all exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back