Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 RS

9352-27rs.jpg

Years of Production: 1972-1974

Layout: 2 door, Rear Engine - Rear Wheel Drive

Engine: Air-cooled 2.7L Naturally Aspirated Flat-Six

Gearbox: 5 Speed Manual

Power: 210 bhp / 157 KW @ 6300 rpm | Torque: 188 lb/ft @5100rpm

Top Speed: 153 Mph

Kerb weight: 1075 kg/2370 lb (Touring version)

0-60mph: 5.6 Seconds

Numbers Produced: 1,580(All variants)

Price today £100,000+ (Approx $160,000USD+)

Iceboxplzkthx.

This is, after all, the one that'd kill you if you did so much as step off the gas funny. It's the car that made the 911 series famous. It was the precursor to the GT3. Do I REALLY need to justify this automobile?

The best street legal 911 of it's time hands-down, arguably the best 911 ever. Sub-zero might actually be too warm for this car (possibly the Icebox too), but since that's as high as the voting goes, it's what it got from me.

Last edited:
Honestly, I had to look up the history for this one, because all the Porches except the 955 are all mashed together in my head.

This is definitely sub zero!

Defo burgers cool.

It's fast, impractical, verging on dangerous and old enough to be seen as driving a classic rather than it looking like you could only afford an old cheap Porsche.

Of course all of that would instantly be ruined as soon as you put an owners club badge on it or let your toupee flap forward as you polish the chrome.

A good friend of mine owns a lightweight RS that was supposedly (I saw that because I have not viewed it's documentation personally) campaigned by one of the factory teams. It weighs around the 900kg mark and puts out over 400hp. It's nasty. Very very nasty.

The same guy also has around $500,000 worth of motorcycles in his games room, and there is only between 5-6 bikes on display at once. Nicest guy too, his daily driver is an old Nissan Homy van so he isn't pretentious.

I was going to just click "cool", until I paused and took another look long enough for the nostalgia filter to kick in.

Back when I was a kid, the coolest cars you could get were the 911 (known to us simply as a Porsche), a 'Lamborghini' (by which we meant the Countach), and the Firebird with the screaming chicken on the hood (hey, we were kids, give us a break). This...it's like my childhood car dreams come true...! It's a beautiful death trap!

...Ok, I'll stop now.

There once was a time when Porsche made a car that didn't make you look like a tool driving one....

This is that car.

Sub-Zero

It was fast, it was loud, and it will kill you if you tried to do anything in it. This is one of the definitive Porsches. How can that not be sub-zero?

An enthusiests car, and a classic Porsche that is not only one of the best Porsches, but one of the best sports cars to see and hear.

I would die to drive this thing, and I'm afraid I would die driving it, but I would be the happiest corpse in the grave.

Cool.

I still think many of you don't fully get the "cool wall".

A car with bright red wheels and a bright red stripe cannot be "sub-zero". As much as I love the car (and I do), it's too flashy to even be labeled "cool". Alas, I just couldn't bring myself to labeling it anything lower than "cool". I just love the car too much.

;)

Some misconceptions about the RS... The 2.7RS is not 'the widowmaker', the car is actually quite passive to drive, as lighter weight and wider rear tyres made it far less tail happy than some of its predecessors.

It is one of the coolest 911's of all time, but it can't be sub zero as that would leave no room for the 3.0RSR, which along with being better looking and substantially faster than the 2.7 is also much, much rarer.

Cool

It is naturally aspirated.

EDIT: Stotty nothing is cooler than the 2.8 RSR.

930 is a model designation. But only for pre-964 911 Turbos. Non-turbo models up to the debut of the 964 series in 1989 were officially called simply "911," including the various sportier models.

Any car that has replicas made of it is cool, but this one is relatively unknown to non-enthusiasts so that and its awesomeness make it sub-zero

Oh look, it's yet another 911! They really make good cases in game of spotting the differences, don't they.. ;)

Back