Track Creator Racing - ALL WELCOME!

• Thread starter imalexi
  • 2,608 comments
United Kingdom
London
GTP_alexi
TCR IS BACK - WITH TURBONATOR TAKING THE REIGNS
WE'LL STILL BE USING THIS THREAD TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND ORGANISE SOME CASUAL EVENTS, BUT WE"LL BE BACK ASAP (PROBABLY THE END OF SUMMER).

If you're bored of the same old tracks and fancy a new challenge, you've come to the right place.

TCR is run by GTP_alexi, GTP_Joylord and GTP_Eriba and we've been busy creating fun and challenging tracks that are easy to learn.
We've started using them for online racing and the overall response has been very positive, so think we ought to share this with more fellow GTPers.

Here's how it works.
TCR will decide on a Car(s),PP and Tyre combo which will be posted on the bottom of this first post. Everyone has to use this car or cars, but if it's not your cup of tea, don't worry because we'll change this combo every 2 weeks and there's a Wednesday Fun Night which is run by GTP_Eriba.
During that fortnight, we'll have a track that has been specially created for the Car(s),PP and Tyre combo.
If you have added us as a friend, tracks will be available for download in advance for some practice. You'll find these in the community section on GT5.

TCR 2.0

Here at TCR, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality racing the online world has to offer and endeavour to constantly improve and refine our format in order to achieve this excellence.

2012 brings TCR's first bimonthly event (every 2months), here's how it will work from now on.

TESTING - Monday/Tuesday

Each week, Jon will create a track or two that he, Phil and I will test to figure out which car would make a good event. People are more than welcome to join us, so keep an eye on the thread during The start of the week if you want to add some input during testing.

The car (if single make race), will usually be available in the premium dealership or online dealership, in order to make it easy for people to join, but there is the odd acceptation to the rule.

Once car/track has been decided, I will update the thread wit the relevant details.

RACING - Wednesday

This is Phil's special weekly event (GTP_Eriba). You might be racing a classic car on a long flowing track or hustling 4x4's round a short twisty track. Who knows? One thing is for sure, it will be fun fun FUN!

RACING - Thursday -Sundsay

Anyone can open a racing room, but they must always be in an open lobby so anyone can join and please remember to post the room number.
Plus they must use the current track and car combo.

The regulations are as follows.

START - Grid with false start check
TYRE WEAR - ON
FUEL DEPLETION - ON
GRIP OFF TRACK - Real
SLIP STREAM - Weak
PENALTY - Strong
DAMAGE - Light
ASM - Not allowed
SKID RECOVERY - Not allowed
ACTIVE STEERING - Not allowed
TRACTION CONTROL - Allowed
DRIVING LINE - Allowed
ABS - Allowed

Here are some suggestions for the racing.

I like to start the racing with 5 laps, then build it up to 10, 15 and maybe 20+ with pitstops as the week goes on.

Ideally we'll have a 5 minute gap between races on autostart, but this is not always ideal when waiting for members to join.

Watch out for the punters. There will always be accidents, but I think I can spot the difference between clumsy driving and a ram instantly. I always thinks it's best to give the benefit of the doubt and to give them a warning, but if it's blatant, kick them.

Also, don't forget, we race for fun!

FORTNIGHTLY TIMETABLE

These aren't set in stone, but is a rough guide to our weekly timetable.
When we've opened a lounge, we'll post the Room Number

Monday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / TESTING FOR MAIN EVENT

Tuesday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / TESTING FOR MAIN EVENT

Wednesday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING PHIL'S FUN NIGHT

Thursday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

Friday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

Saturday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

Sunday: 14.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

Monday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / TESTING FOR MAIN EVENT

Tuesday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / TESTING OR RACING FOR MAIN EVENT/RACING

Wednesday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING PHIL'S FUN NIGHT

Thursday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

Friday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

Saturday: 20.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

Sunday: 14.00 - 00.00 GMT / RACING MAIN EVENT

BIMONTHLY EVENT

As you have read above, TCR will be introducing a monthly event which will be ANY CAR, at a PP to suit the track we use.

The track will be decided by a general feel for which of the 3 tracks people enjoyed the most.

Because of the wide range of cars to choose and the fact that the track will be different every month, it will be interesting to see which race car comes out on top at each PP value.

MONTHLY TIMETABLE

TCR will operate on a 8 weekly cycle.

Fortnight 1: Track 1, Car 1

Fortnight 2: Track 2, Car 2

Fortnight 3: Track 3, Car 3

Fortnight 4: Best Track with ANY CAR within specified PP

When we've opened a lounge, we'll post the Room Number next to the relevant Car Combo.
You can also, send us a friend request and join direct.
All levels are welcome, so don't be shy!

Add us as friends
GTP_alexi
GTP_Joylord
GTP_Eriba

Or PM us if you have any questions.
Looking forward to seeing you guys on the track!

Also, here's a little bit about racing etiquette

Here at TCR we are proud to be known for good racing etiquette and clean driving, so here are a couple of pointers I would like to bring to the attention of all our members.

This is fun and entertainment, not a serious competition. Obviously we want you guys to be as competitive as possible, but not at the cost of the enjoyment of others.

If you start a race, try not to exit if you have a mishap part way round. Please pick yourself up and finish the remaining laps, you never know what can happen!

If you go off for any reason, watch the map for other cars behind you. Then rejoin the track without causing another driver to move off line or brake.
You might be able to join straight away or you may have to wait for 3 or 4 to go past, but whatever you do, please give respect to the other drivers.

If you have a coming together with anyone on track, whether you're in first place or last, please use your manners and make sure the other driver is stable or not left spinning while you drive off into the sunset.

We don’t like seeing negative remarks in the lobby room or thread about bumps, knocks and bangs, so please respect your fellow racers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See last posts for latest event details. Turbonator is in charge of this now, but I (Alexi), will be doing my best to keep this first post updated. A may even have to give Turbo my login details

👍

Last edited:
Ferrari Challenge 575PP

I for one haven't spent much time driving the Ferrari's, so thought it was about time I did.

RACE NO: 1 CLOSED
START DATE: Thursday 7th April

CAR: Any Ferrari
PP: 575
TYRES: Racing Soft
ROOM NUMBER: NA

Track available from Joylord's track list in GT5 community

When we've opened the lounge, we'll post the Room Number.

👍

Last edited:
Regulation Settings

1. Track name and where to download it from or whom
2. Car/cars that you would like to use for the event
3. PP, weight or bhp or both
4. Tyres
5. Pit stops
6. Vehicle Tuning
7. Tune or tuners recommendation

Room Profile

Track Settings:
Event Settings:
Number of laps:
Penalty:
Visible Damage:
Mechanical Damage:
Slipstream Strength:
Tire Wear/Fuel:
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge:
Race Finish Delay:

Last edited:
Great idea guys, I've thoroughly enjoyed racing (read trying to keep up!!) with you over the past few weeks on some of your home brewed tracks! I'll definitely keeping an eye on this thread, should be around this weekend for some fun 👍

Any restrictions?
I like to run driving line on and TC-1, ABS-1.

Hi Kwakaman

Good point, I didn't think of that.

We're trying to be as inclusive as possible and because the tracks are new, the driving line will be available. I don't normally use TC, but we can probably allow that too.

I'm about to join Joylord for some testing.
Feel free to join 👍

We have gone very conservative with this weeks opening event by running racing softs which should be good for everybody as well as racing. Racing line will be on but I can't say it will offer you the fastest route as well as traction control will be optional.

Just remember adding aerodynamics costs you 10 performance points. But could be helpful.

Thanks

It's official!!!

You guys have put on the best OLR events I've had the pleasure to compete in. I still haven't figured out how you manage to create such good tracks and the car selections you offer are by far the most inclusive.

If your future races match up to the BMW Z4's or Nissan road cars or the NSX RM events, I'll have to make some more game time available :D

See you on track soon.
D.

Alexi / Jonathan thanks for the heads up and the invite, I try and make time to support your efforts as you know.

I've also put a link to your main post here along with other online racing events, I hope this helps to fill your grid.

I'll pop in when I can but I dont race late as you know (health) my body is on melt down by 22.00hrs :grumpy:

See you soon

Phillip.

I've also put a link to your main post here along with other online racing events, I hope this helps to fill your grid.

Cheers Phillip, you're a gent and a scollop, or should that be scholar?

It's official!!!

You guys have put on the best OLR events I've had the pleasure to compete in. I still haven't figured out how you manage to create such good tracks and the car selections you offer are by far the most inclusive.

If your future races match up to the BMW Z4's or Nissan road cars or the NSX RM events, I'll have to make some more game time available :D

See you on track soon.
D.

Thanks Fastas, always a pleasure to race with you!
Check out the Ferrari combo, we were testing last night and it's awesome.

Tracks are now available for practice.
From my track list (Bowar Circuit) and Joylords track list (301 Raceway).

👍

sounds great, will try to be there as usual. Recently i'm getting dc from Joylords room, so ill hope for the best :)

Thanks for this thread,the pm,the awesome online races we've had lately and the tracks you guys have created .... top lads :cheers:

As soon as i have some time available i will join again for sure 👍👍👍

:)

spy.

I'll check if I got a prancing horse lying around and join you guys tonight. I'm a bit below par for you guys, but it'll be a nice change from the shuffle-racing I been doing lately.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definately join you guys in this racing series, as the previous races have been so much fun 👍
Keep it up guys!

Great! Hope to be joining you guys for some more action, desperately chasing after you on your challenging creations 👍

Great to see such a positive response from everyone.
You're all so modest, not one of you is below par!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on track this evening 👍

Thanks gents for the feed back. Alexi has done very well with the thread and the logo looks brilliant.

I'll open a room shortly so hopefully see you on track.

Room name: TCR Ferrari's 575PP
Room no. :1472-6118-3615-5262-1525

Thanks

Last edited:
Some great action last night, thanks Captain D, Fastas, Steven, Kat and the others that I've forgot.

Nice time there Jon.

So who's up for some racing tonight?
I'll be there from 8.30pm - 9pm. Jon will probably be there earlier.

Quick tip, the 458 seems to be the best combo.

I'll be on for a fair bit tonight, will keep an eye out for when the room opens. Look forward to some more good racing with you guys in my "tastefully done" 458 :D

Just some pics from last night
5600365885_83f5173e1a.jpg
5600952024_1b1ea0720d.jpg

5600373737_2258f2dff8.jpg
5600377581_43629abc5e.jpg

5600967328_9a0ee2e710.jpg
5600392545_511e6761b1.jpg
We'll start the evening @ 20:30 GMT with half an hour of warm up and practice, then we will move onto sprint races of seven laps and at 22:15 we will have a 17 lap race with a pit stop which is optional. Hopefully we are able to stick to the schedule but will be flexiable.

Thanks and I will post the room number once the room is open.

Those are some v. nice photos. I have to admit I laughed when I saw the first one, I bet that guy in front stormed off and won by a mile. :ill:

It also really captures the spirit of this series; where else can you pick your own car, tune it however you like and then pitch yourself against a field of other guys, in different cars, on a track where you don't know where you are going......brilliant!

Those are some v. nice photos. I have to admit I laughed when I saw the first one, I bet that guy in front stormed off and won by a mile. :ill:

It also really captures the spirit of this series; where else can you pick your own car, tune it however you like and then pitch yourself against a field of other guys, in different cars, on a track where you don't know where you are going......brilliant!

lol. I absolutely loved your comment,.... Yip that's you in the first picture flying into the chicane.

Nice work Jon, great pictures there.
Really like the Ferrari following very close, you couldn't park it that close.
Will be online ASAP, probably 8.30-9pm

Room open

Room name: TCR Ferrari's 575PP
Room no. :1472-4710-9909-6402-5825

Last edited:
Shame I can't make it this weekend. Maybe next week!

The night started off well with good grids of between 10 to 13 Ferrari's. Here are some pictures.
5603056392_4f9b0debfe.jpg
5602472085_a312894d17.jpg
Being a tight first chicane you could've expected carnage.
5602472803_6cf85e6a62.jpg
5603056998_dd8bc9433f.jpg

5602473099_f36eafe5ed.jpg
5602473419_11538b0dd6.jpg

5602473693_9c643a6760.jpg
5602473971_d633c736da.jpg
Some bashed up Ferrari's
5602475051_40c594fe38.jpg
5602475519_88b5205ef8.jpg

5603062328_2cd9bdb85e.jpg
5603062862_1d50b97fc6.jpg
But then we get serious and the big boys come out to play. Good racing with 17 lap races.
5602516265_261dc8647d.jpg
5603064140_8244f12caa.jpg

5603064608_38fdafeb42.jpg
5602480615_0ef700007d.jpg

5602480879_9b30b335d9.jpg
5603066460_ec16d5c055.jpg
And the prize for the most adventurous Ferrari has to be this one.
5602481887_e4abc79868.jpg

Last edited:
Back