• 68 comments

Pyle_PMG

A Real Homer
Premium
Canada
Canada
First Draft
The Beginning of a Story

This is my first story. Feel free & comment.

It was a Monday morning, slightly overcast, but that didn't bother Marus. He was used to it. After all, being the heir to Bil Jurgenson's Monopoly that was MicroTex had its benefits. He had a vision and had to fulfill it.

He wanted to participate in the Denso Sard Trial Mountain 30 Enduro. He had a chance to qualify in the past but never made it. Always one win short, he had the reputation, he wanted to prove everybody wrong, at all costs. He had a 100,000cr check ready to buy a car, he just needed to win the final 80s Sports Car Series event at Tahiti Road, sponsored by Pirelli. Marus entered his Tom's T020 and was in second the whole race, he couldn't pass E. Burzie's AE86. He lost. He went to Trial Mountain anyway, to participate in the UK Nationals event. He entered his Opel Astra and dominated, drawing the attention of Mr. Pirelli. He called Marius over for a chat, 'We like! I pulled strings, you're in, drive the Pirelli Lancia Y.' He waken, race day. Comments?

That led to this...

Fully Updated, with beginning. Chapter 4 soon

My life is a Million Miles of Tarmac and Gravel:

Alex Vandenbrand Prologue:

The smell of the burnt Pirelli rubber, the scent of the gas that did not make it into the fuel tank, removing lug nuts with pinpoint accuracy, the cloud of brake dust that appeared when the front tire was removed: Marius loved it, ...but he longed for more. He saw the excitement first hand when not changing the front tires of a car. The braking for the corner, the lateral movement, and weight transfer as the driver tried to enter and exit the corner as fast as possible. It thrilled him, how dedicated the racers were, yet they always depended on a strong pit crew. “Funny,” he thought. “They get paid over $100,000 per year and without us, they would make absolutely NOTHING.” It made him happy knowing he was needed, and that the team could depend on him, he worked his ass off to get this far, it was tough enough to get here, yet he wanted to go bigger. Racing was in his blood. His doctor once told him, “You’ll never be able to do anything; with your condition everyday tasks will be almost impossible.” He loved the day he proved him wrong.

Here he was; he proved his doctor and anyone who doubted him wrong. He was 15, physically fit and a front-tire changer for TRD. He had done it all, from his first tire change on an AE86 Sprinter Trueno, to the last change he did on the TSO20 (also known as the GT-One), he was skilled, and the team knew it. He was offered a 7-year contract by TRD valued at $2 million US. He rejected the offer. 7 years was too long, he wanted a 1-year offer, so he could determine if he actually wanted to continue being a tire changer. TRD rejected his idea, and he left.

He was walking into the local Wal*Mart to pick up milk for his mother when he noticed the headline on the cover of the Chatham Daily News, in big letters it simply said “Local Marius Jurgennson quits TRD” This angered him. “I didn’t quit,” he muttered to himself. “I saved myself.”

For the remaining 3 months of the racing season, Marius signed 1-month contracts with Tommy Kaira, Renault, and Alfa Romeo. The job with Tommy Kaira was by far the best. Being the only one able to change the front tires on the ZZII pre-production model was something to be proud of; “It’s something to tell the grandkids.” Mr. Kaira simply said at the end of his term with the team. The Alfa Romeo job was so-so; he loved getting to change the tires on the GTV, because it was such a lovely car. However the 155, that was a different story, they basically took two boxes from homeless people, stuck the boxes together, and beat the crap out of them, then constructed the shape out of metal. The result was a piece of junk that made the DeLorean look great when compared to...

The Renault job was by far the worst; the cars looked like they used the placenta from a cat, froze it, and moulded it into the shape of garbage, then stuck four wheels into them. The Espace F1 was the worst, the shards of ceramic in the brake dust when inhaled literally felt like it was stabbing his lungs. “Maybe I should wear a mask,” he again thought to himself. Nevertheless, he endured the hell that was working for Renault, the year ended. He was 16, eligible to earn his racing licenses at the GTF Office. He loved being a tire changer, but he really wanted to be a racer. This is his story.See More
15 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Alex Vandenbrand Chapter 1:

It was a crisp winter morning, 41 degrees Fahrenheit. No precipitation from the night before, meaning Marius could do his 7-preliminary tests for his National-B License. He walked down the marble staircase into the dining room. H...e had his typical breakfast, a grilled cheese, and a glass of milk along with his 60 mg dose of Strattera to combat his ADHD. His Nanny drove him to the GTF office. He met the instructor, Mr. Barrett, an upstanding citizen who developed the best racers in the country, to have him as your instructor was an honour, and Marius was proud.

His first test was a 1000m start and stop in a Mazda Demio. He jumped in the Demio, put the key into the ignition, and started it up. “Here goes nothing.” He thought, “I read the books and now I just need to put what I studied into action”. He ran the test flawlessly. They ran the next test in a Nissan Skyline; again, he ran the test flawlessly. The day of tests went very quickly. Mr. Barrett was very impressed, in his 25 years of instructing, he had never saw someone with such pure talent. Marius was credited with a Gold-Status on his National-B license, a rare and impressive feat.

He went home and got a goodnights rest. Over the next several weeks, Marius continued his training and was awarded with his National-A, International-C, and International B licenses; he achieved Gold-Status on his National-A, and was slightly disappointed when he did not achieve Gold-Status on his other license tests. Mr. Barrett reassured him that he had the talent, he had the skills, he had the potential, he had to put it to use.

--------------------------​--------------------------​--------------------------​--------------------------​--------------------------​--------------------------​--------------------------​--------------------------​--------------------------

He awakened several minutes later. It was his favourite dream; the fact that it was a real event he was remembering made it even better. That was 4 years ago. He wished he had the enthusiasm he did back then. He was fearless, willing to do anything. However, his racing career led him nowhere. He had raced for five teams in those 4 years. He never could find a rhythm with any of the teams. Be it Spoon Sports, Subaru’s STI team, Honda’s Mugen team, or even Dodge’s Mopar Unit. Once outside of his comfort cycle, he cracked under pressure. He was known for always being one-win short of what he needed to become noticed.

This season seemed to be no different, Marius and his Ford Racing affiliated team could not for the life of them win a race, and their Ford RS200 was always experiencing mechanical problems. They were leading the GTF 80’s Classics Series race at Grindelwald when on the final lap, the rear spring broke and the car became uncontrollable. Marius crashed but recovered and finished in fourth. Marius had to win the final race at Tahiti Road to be eligible to enter the GTF Denso Sard Trail Mountain 30 Enduro. To earn a contract to drive the prestigious Mitsubishi FTO GR ’97 car next season, he needed to make that race and defeat his rival Giuseppe Piazi. He was sweating with anticipation.See More
13 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Alex Vandenbrand Chapter 2:

He was sitting in his RS200; Marius was a lot more focused then usual. Even his sister noticed at the breakfast table earlier in the day. She was one year older than Marius was; her name was Meredith.

“You look angry today.” She s...aid.

“I’m not angry, I’m focused... Okay I am angry too. I want to beat Piazi and reveal what he did to everyone. We should not be hiding this. Moreover, he will not be arrogant and popular for long. He needs to learn that payback is a b****.” Marius replied.

Meredith was taller than Marius by a about a foot, she was 6’6” and had the typical high-school athlete body. She was the star of the track-and-field, volleyball, basketball, soccer, and even the European handball teams.

She and Marius had a strong bond; they never argued with each other and talked to each other about everything. It had not always been that the way, they used to never talk to each other and never got along, that changed all in one night.

5 years ago, Meredith and Giuseppe Piazi were in a relationship. The fact that they were in a relationship never really bothered Marius, he liked the fact that his sister was able to be with someone popular as Giuseppe. He was Marius's best friend, and he knew that he would never harm his sister Meredith; at least that is what he thought. "Boy was I wrong", as he was reflecting on how stupid and ignorant he was at that time.

Piazi was one who always got what he wanted, and when he did not get it, boy did he turn violent, Marius still thought he would never ever harm his sister. He should not have had to ever doubt that.

Marius and his father Bill were off at the Daihatsu World Midget Challenge. The Midget Challenge is a invitational event where the best 12-15 year old’s (who are interested in a motor-sport’s pit crew career) in the world hop in Daihatsu Midget's and compete in 3 days worth of events to prove who is the best young driver in the World.

Giuseppe and Meredith were partners for a science project they had to do at school. So the two of them obviously could not fly to Japan with Marius and Bill.

Marius was nervous at the thought of them two being alone, but he remembered that Giuseppe’s parents were home (not accounting for the fact that Giuseppe’s parents were business people, and often had to take trips on short notice).

To put it simply Giuseppe’s parents were not home, Giuseppe and Meredith were together and drinking alcohol. Anyway, Giuseppe had a beautiful girlfriend and thought that they wanted to take their relationship to the next level. He was wrong, she did not want to. Giuseppe would never and did not take no for an answer.

Marius and his father flew back from Japan immediately and Marius, full of anger for not being able to race, having to watch Titanic on the plane, sitting in front of a crying baby, and finding out what happened snapped. He went to his former friend’s house and gave him the beating of his life.

Marius had a criminal record, he was charged for assault. The GTF found out and immediately suspended Marius for 1-year relegating him to spotting for TRD, this was another reason why he left TRD and started his racing career, because he hated spotting.

Although He would hate to admit it, Marius now understood racing from an outside perspective making him better, he could relate to what the spotters would see and found to have better chemistry with the teams for which he raced.

During this time, Piazi was sixteen, acquired his licenses, and started racing. He was great and gained immediate success. His aggressive driving gained him many rivals, along with media attention. This angered Marius even more, “these people do not even know him; he does not even know himself.”

Now you understand the story behind the Giuseppe Piazi – Marius Jurgennson rivalry.See More
13 minutes ago · LikeUnlike.Alex Vandenbrand Chapter 3

Back at the GTF 80’s Classics Series Race- Tahiti Road

Lined up at the grid, the sound of the engines revving, the new-car scent air freshener working its wonders, and his bottle of Gatorade firmly held in the cup holder: This was w...hen Marius was in his zone, all of his problems just floated away.

“I’ve got the car, I got the power, this race is mine now,” he thought aloud.

Marius and his RS200 started last again, just as usual. In the test session, Marius missed a shift and blew up the transmission. Marius was never good with manual transmissions, which were difficult for a man with ADHD to deal with, as he was never good at multi-tasking. Therefore, he had a CVT transmission from a Nissan Cube installed. Several conversion pieces were required but the system surprisingly worked. Marius could get through the gears quicker, so the team installed a restrictor plate on the engine in order to not give the RS200 an unfair advantage (though Marius thought this was ridiculous because they needed every advantage possible.

As the special broadcast team of Dan Stevens and Peter O’Keefe from Sega Sports gave their pre-race thoughts to those watching the Bleem broadcast, the pace car pulled off the track and the race began. Marius immediately went to work, as he passed a [R] Honda CRX in the first chicane and tailed a [R] Silvia K’s out of the following turn. Blasting down the straight and through the little left-hander before the turn by the house, he was slowly hunting them all down. He was in the zone; like when he was playing NFL 2K with the Washington Redskins. He felt the rush like when Peter O’Keefe would be calling play by play and QB Rodney Peete would throw the game-winning touchdown pass to WR James Thrash (QB Brad Johnson was way better than Rodney Peete, but Marius hated Johnson). It was ironic that Johnson’s brother William was starting on the pole for the race. But that didn’t matter to him. During the next 2 laps Marius caught up to William and was putting the pressure on. This continued into the final lap where at the final turn before the straight Marius used a rather unconventional line getting as close to the left wall as he could before taking the apex sharply and power sliding out of the turn. William when seeing Marius sliding almost into the passenger side door immediately turned into the pits to avoid a collision. William did not slow down to pit road speed and crossed the line first. However, GTF Race Stewards disqualified him and awarded the win to Marius.

After the race, William confronted Marius. Marius was expected a verbal tongue-lashing when instead Johnson said, “In my 15 years of driving I have never seen anybody with the nerve to pull a move like that off. You are a great driver and that was a fun race.”
Marius was presented with the series trophy, despite finishing second in all the previous races. (Johnson finishing second ensured that Marius would win the race series).

Next up was the Denso Sard Trial Mountain Enduro. He jumped and itched for the chance to make this race and defeat the b****** Giuseppe. He spoke softly to no one in particular, I am not going to just win the race, I am going to humiliate Piazi and show him that he is nothing: Not noticing that Piazi was standing right behind him.See More

Last edited:
Kind of short, but it sounds good. Honestly though, the intro chapter had little buildup. See, even a first chapter needs a little background or if not that then at least make it so that it has a little something like how I started my story. Check my first chapter to see how I did, and see if you can a chapter like mine. Don't get me wrong; mine's not all that special, I just started with an opening to get readers in the story. After all, my opening is summed up in my first chapter title, "From humble and not-so-humble beginnings!

Anyway, hope this helps!:)

-gtmaster08

I know, it was way to short. My cell limits me to typing a max of 1024 characters. Anyway, here's my prologue to chapter 1..........,....................The smell of burnt Pirelli rubber, the smell of the gas that didn't make it into the fuel tank, the cloud of brake dust that was inhaled after removing the front tire. The lugnuts being removed with pinpoint accuracy from the airgun. Marus loved it, but he longed for more. Being 15 he couldn't drive, he practically got tire-changing to a science. He did over 1000 tire changes in 3 series, he wanted to drive. When he turned 16, he was eligible to earn his race licenses, being the man he was, he studied and achieved gold statuses on his National B, National A licenses, he later passed his other tests and he was rewarded with a gift by the GTF office, a Spoon S2000. He entered the Sunday Cup and destroyed the field and was noticed, Spoon's owner Mr. Chi signed him to drive full time. 4 years would pass by. He was average, but that would soon change. Read post 1.

You're typing this on your cell phone? Wow! I was gonna say it's hard for me to read because there aren't any paragraph breaks, but if you wanna just post text blocks, I can live. That actually makes sense now if it's from your phone.

The story is building, I like the part where it says he changes tons of tires, and wants to finally drive. 👍 I can relate.

Thanks Parnelli! I'm going to slow down the writing a bit. I want to take my time and let the story develop. I'm going to type on my laptop and update this when I have internet access on a computer. I'll also edit the first two posts when I have this time, because if I want to edit a post on my cell, I have to retype everything :grumpy:. 95 per cent of my posts are on my cell. Anyway, thanks for the praise and I'll have a new chapter and some patch work done by Saturday. Hopefully I can get better at writing, your race stories are great. You may notice I jump around a lot in my writing and start talking about something them abruptly stop, thank my ADHD for that.

You may notice I jump around a lot in my writing and start talking about something them abruptly stop, thank my ADHD for that.

Ha ha, I may have ADHD, too, cuz that sounds like me kinda. I always thought that was "creative flow" myself. :) You get this great idea, start writing it, and it goes nowhere once it's being typed. Happens to me sometimes, too.

Back when I was younger, they didn't have all these fancy terms for every little "disorder" we're supposed to have as we try to make our way thru this big, confusing world.

Well the medication tones it down a bit. Still can get out of hand. After trying Rispiradol, Concerta, Rispiradone, Concerta again, then Strattera. Nothing really helps much, I also think I have some other disorder, they'll be days where I think everybody is trying to kill me, for someone as logical as I am, to think so illogically is absurd. On the other hand, I just finished the endurance race at Trial Mountain and won using racing hard tires. It seems limiting myself to 200 hp still doesn't stop me from finishing 2 laps ahead. There was a BMW 328 in the field, I was suprised when it was the slowest car in the field. What should I do to make this race more challenging? I was using the Lancia Y with the Race-mod.

For Trial Mountain Enduro (saving Parnelli Bone the time it takes to check his website) you should try racing on normal tires and semi-race suspension, and should not do a racing modification. Whatever weight your car is (in pounds) divide by 15 to find out what hp to tune it up to, should be at least 164hp. I'd use the racing transmission, too, but no other parts.

Thanks Jeffgoddin, I'm going to do the lap time challenge then the Enduro with an Mitsubishi FTO.

Well the medication tones it down a bit. Still can get out of hand. After trying Rispiradol, Concerta, Rispiradone, Concerta again, then Strattera. Nothing really helps much, I also think I have some other disorder, they'll be days where I think everybody is trying to kill me, for someone as logical as I am, to think so illogically is absurd.

You think people are out to kill you, yet you live in Canada? Good thing you don't live in Yemen or Libya or somewhere that this could actually be an everyday reality.

On the other hand, I just finished the endurance race at Trial Mountain and won using racing hard tires. It seems limiting myself to 200 hp still doesn't stop me from finishing 2 laps ahead. There was a BMW 328 in the field, I was suprised when it was the slowest car in the field. What should I do to make this race more challenging? I was using the Lancia Y with the Race-mod.

Hee hee, try lesser tires! Less power! The Ai is all on Normal tires I believe. Sucahyo (wherever he is) proved this by hacking into GT2's coding a few years back. Here's the link to that awesome page of his...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93352

You can check the GT2 racing guide on my website, or just follow the rules jeffgoddin outlined. 164 hp sounds about right. Oh, and make sure the Lotus Elise shows up. That's the fastest Ai car for sure...you'll know if it's in the race because it'll be the dot on the map getting way ahead of everyone else...

164 hp should sound about right! If I wasn't very clear above, I'll say it clearly here: I got my recommendation off of Parnelli's website, www.gtcarreviews.com, and yes, the tires from that Sucahyo thread PB pointed out!

I just have all that info organized into a spreadsheet so I can sort by Track and weight to power ratio when I'm looking for an event to do a comparo or time trial with.

164 hp should sound about right! If I wasn't very clear above, I'll say it clearly here: I got my recommendation off of Parnelli's website, www.gtcarreviews.com, and yes, the tires from that Sucahyo thread PB pointed out!

I just have all that info organized into a spreadsheet so I can sort by Track and weight to power ratio when I'm looking for an event to do a comparo or time trial with.

That's trippy how we arrive at similar conclusions via different methods. You've got your spreadsheets & system, while back in the day I used to just grind races over and over, calculator on hand, and make notes on the site, trying to figure out what worked best and what was too overkilly. :lol:

I probably did the exact same thing VANDENAL did: originally tried the TM endurance on racing tires, tried sports, and finally tried normal tires. I have a memory of attempting to race the TME in a Datsun 240Z on simulation tires! That experiment ended very very quickly though! :crazy: I like my races to be challenging, but not frustratingly so!

One thing that's interesting is the fact that I arrived at my tire conclusion (Normals in the TME) before I even met sucahyo, way before he posted that page.

Okay, did the enduro and here are the results: Denso Sard Trail Mountain 30 Enduro.......... Position-Driver-Car-Time(behind first) 1ST-M.Jurgensonn-FTO GR '97-52:48.648/ 2ND-S.Cook-MGF 1.8i VVC-+12.915/3RD-E.Piazi-Fiat Barchetta-+19.419/4TH-G.Enzo-Alfa 156 2.0-+54.101/5TH-J.Schwartz-Opel Vectra GSI V6-+1:14.921/6TH-J.Mario-Alfa 166 2.5-+1:56.001................... Race results shown above to be replaced with story.

Last edited:
Thanks SVX! My laptop has 100GB of free space, so I mind as well use it. And with that being said, I'll give a sneak peak for the next chapter: The lights on the pace car went off, it was the final lap before the start. Marus radioed into the crew chief, 'Okay boss, lets show him what we got.' He was riding shotgun, a problem in the first test session required Marus to start in 6th. He just had to finish ahead of Piazi to guarantee his seat in the new Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 for the next contract year. He wasn't just going to beat Piazi, he was going to destroy him... To be continued.

I just patched up the prologue and am halfway through chapter 1. Expect an update this Tuesday! Should I talk about the licenses and build the story up further? And his name is Marius now. I need some GTP user input.

I think you should talk about the licenses, perhaps possibly not a whole lot, or you could do an entire chapter on it, it's up to you.

It's different, in a good way, I like how it is, but I agree with SVX, you should talk about the licenses.

I did a couple paragraphs about the licenses, and it transitions perfectly into the next part. Thanks for your input SVX and Skython!

I just patched up the prologue and am halfway through chapter 1. Expect an update this Tuesday! Should I talk about the licenses and build the story up further? And his name is Marius now. I need some GTP user input.

I would talk about licenses only if I was inspired to. Like if it seems like there's an interesting angle you can think of, go with that! If not, don't bother. Maybe instead of creating an entire story around them, you could give a quick comment how Marius did each one. Did he flub a test and get a FAIL? Etc.

He was riding shotgun, a problem in the first test session required Marus to start in 6th.

Ha ha, cute! :lol::rofl:

^ VANDENAL, you got 1,000 posts! :cheers:

It's cute because we always think of ways to incorporate the game's limits in some way. In other words, you make up a reason why he's starting in 6th just like I made up Graham embezzling money from his company...exactly $10,000.

Oh! Now I understand. Thanks, took a while to get 1000 posts. I went from being on once a week to literally being on everyday. I'm going to slow down a bit. I love it here, and that's why I decided to write this story, to give back to the GTPlanet community. And I'm going to incorporate the 5,000cr car wash and garage delete bug into my story. You'll soon see.

Cool. 👍 I'm pretty sure there's something about the car wash coming up in my yuppy story, too.

Awesome, can't wait to read it. GT2 is a fun game to write about, its got a perfect storyline, you start at the bottom and work your way up to become the best driver in the world. When did you start writing, and what inspired you to do so?

You ask for it, you get it.

New Update, also reflected in first post.

My life is a Million Miles of Tarmac and Gravel:

A GT2 Race Story

By Alex Vandenbrand

Prologue:

The smell of the burnt Pirelli rubber, the scent of the gas that did not make it into the fuel tank, removing lug nuts with pinpoint accuracy, the cloud of brake dust that appeared when the front tire was removed: Marius loved it, but he longed for more. He saw the excitement first hand when not changing the front tires of a car. The braking for the corner, the lateral movement, and weight transfer as the driver tried to enter and exit the corner as fast as possible. It thrilled him, how dedicated the racers were, yet they always depended on a strong pit crew. “Funny,” he thought. “They get paid over $100,000 per year and without us, they would make absolutely NOTHING.” It made him happy knowing he was needed, and that the team could depend on him, he worked his ass off to get this far, it was tough enough to get here, yet he wanted to go bigger. Racing was in his blood. His doctor once told him, “You’ll never be able to do anything; with your condition everyday tasks will be almost impossible.” He loved the day he proved him wrong.

Here he was; he proved his doctor and anyone who doubted him wrong. He was 15, physically fit and a front-tire changer for TRD. He had done it all, from his first tire change on an AE86 Sprinter Trueno, to the last change he did on the TSO20 (also known as the GT-One), he was skilled, and the team knew it. He was offered a 7-year contract by TRD valued at $2 million US. He rejected the offer. 7 years was too long, he wanted a 1-year offer, so he could determine if he actually wanted to continue being a tire changer. TRD rejected his idea, and he left.

He was walking into the local Wal*Mart to pick up milk for his mother when he noticed the headline on the cover of the Chatham Daily News, in big letters it simply said “Local Marius Jurgennson quits TRD” This angered him. “I didn’t quit,” he muttered to himself. “I saved myself.”

For the remaining 3 months of the racing season, Marius signed 1-month contracts with Tommy Kaira, Renault, and Alfa Romeo. The job with Tommy Kaira was by far the best. Being the only one able to change the front tires on the ZZII pre-production model was something to be proud of; “It’s something to tell the grandkids.” Mr. Kaira simply said at the end of his term with the team. The Alfa Romeo job was so-so; he loved getting to change the tires on the GTV, because it was such a lovely car. However the 155, that was a different story, they basically took two boxes from homeless people, stuck the boxes together, and beat the crap out of them, then constructed the shape out of metal. The result was a piece of junk that made the DeLorean look great when compared to...

The Renault job was by far the worst; the cars looked like they used the placenta from a cat, froze it, and moulded it into the shape of garbage, then stuck four wheels into them. The Espace F1 was the worst, the shards of ceramic in the brake dust when inhaled literally felt like it was stabbing his lungs. “Maybe I should wear a mask,” he again thought to himself. Nevertheless, he endured the hell that was working for Renault, the year ended. He was 16, eligible to earn his racing licenses at the GTF Office. He loved being a tire changer, but he really wanted to be a racer. This is his story.

Chapter 1:

It was a crisp winter morning, 41 degrees Fahrenheit. No precipitation from the night before, meaning Marius could do his 7-preliminary tests for his National-B License. He walked down the marble staircase into the dining room. He had his typical breakfast, a grilled cheese, and a glass of milk along with his 60 mg dose of Strattera to combat his ADHD. His Nanny drove him to the GTF office. He met the instructor, Mr. Barrett, an upstanding citizen who developed the best racers in the country, to have him as your instructor was an honour, and Marius was proud.

His first test was a 1000m start and stop in a Mazda Demio. He jumped in the Demio, put the key into the ignition, and started it up. “Here goes nothing.” He thought, “I read the books and now I just need to put what I studied into action”. He ran the test flawlessly. They ran the next test in a Nissan Skyline; again, he ran the test flawlessly. The day of tests went very quickly. Mr. Barrett was very impressed, in his 25 years of instructing, he had never saw someone with such pure talent. Marius was credited with a Gold-Status on his National-B license, a rare and impressive feat.

He went home and got a goodnights rest. Over the next several weeks, Marius continued his training and was awarded with his National-A, International-C, and International B licenses; he achieved Gold-Status on his National-A, and was slightly disappointed when he did not achieve Gold-Status on his other license tests. Mr. Barrett reassured him that he had the talent, he had the skills, he had the potential, he had to put it to use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He awakened several minutes later. It was his favourite dream; the fact that it was a real event he was remembering made it even better. That was 4 years ago. He wished he had the enthusiasm he did back then. He was fearless, willing to do anything. However, his racing career led him nowhere. He had raced for five teams in those 4 years. He never could find a rhythm with any of the teams. Be it Spoon Sports, Subaru’s STI team, Honda’s Mugen team, or even Dodge’s Mopar Unit. Once outside of his comfort cycle, he cracked under pressure. He was known for always being one-win short of what he needed to become noticed.

This season seemed to be no different, Marius and his Ford Racing affiliated team could not for the life of them win a race, and their Ford RS200 was always experiencing mechanical problems. They were leading the GTF 80’s Classics Series race at Grindelwald when on the final lap, the rear spring broke and the car became uncontrollable. Marius crashed but recovered and finished in fourth. Marius had to win the final race at Tahiti Road to be eligible to enter the GTF Denso Sard Trail Mountain 30 Enduro. To earn a contract to drive the prestigious Mitsubishi FTO GR ’97 car next season, he needed to make that race and defeat his rival Giuseppe Piazi. He was sweating with anticipation.

Chapter 2:

He was sitting in his RS200; Marius was a lot more focused then usual. Even his sister noticed at the breakfast table earlier in the day. She was one year older than Marius was, her name was Meredith.

That's as far as I got.

I'm taking user input, what would you like to see in this story?

Last edited:
I'm taking user input, what would you like to see in this story?

A little more background, maybe? Did Marius finish school? Stuff like that. He's only 16, right?

Awesome, can't wait to read it. GT2 is a fun game to write about, its got a perfect storyline, you start at the bottom and work your way up to become the best driver in the world. When did you start writing, and what inspired you to do so?

True on the perfect storyline bit. I started writing when I was a kid. Went to a Catholic school (with nuns and all that) starting in 4th grade and in English we had a creative writing class. we had to basically write about something every week, didn't matter what it was. That was my fave part of English, of course.

I started the Yuppy Scum story because my internet connection died at home, and I couldn't edit my website. So for 2 weeks, I tried to finish Mission 34 (GT4) and at some point decided I'd start writing that story, just to fill time. I thought it would entertain everybody at least, everybody that was here in the GT2 section back in 2008, that is. Ha ha.

Last edited:
I'd say it reads kind of like a report of what happens, and could use some more humor and spice. Some short bursts of dialogue.

Looks like you're going somewhere with Meredith, but we could use some more characters. Like an arch-rival, or a trouble-making childhood friend worked into a background of amateur karting who continues to distract and entertain Marius to the frustration of employers and pro sponsors, etc.

I hate to inflate PB's ego, but the way he does his characters all over-the-top makes for a very entertaining read!

A little more background, maybe? Did Marius finish school? He's only 16, right?

I was going to say he was home-schooled, but I could manage putting him in a normal high school.

Or should we say he is gifted? One of those students who do the higher grades in summer school to get farther. Like do grade 9 normal, (grade 10 summer school), grade 11 normal, (grade 12 summer school). That way he would be out of school when he was 16 and him being out of school would make sense.

He possibly could be racing to gain money to go to college, because his father isn't as wealthy as everyone thinks. Possibly Microtex was suffering big losses but he was reporting that he was breaking even, to keep the investors money in the company, meanwhile he was using the investors money to finance Marius's racing career, when he should have been putting it back into the company. Marius continues racing not knowing what is going on.

Marius runs his car through Nine machine tests, and goes to the car wash at the 1 mile away from West City to clean his car. Federal agents show up, and arrest Bill. When Marius goes home to get into the car he normally drives he finds that all the cars are gone, except for one that has engine problems and won't run properly. It ends up that the bank who was paying out loans to Microtex finds out and because Bill is the man in charge of paying back the loan, the bank seizes control of Microtex and Bill's assets to pay for the money they hadn't received. Bill ends up in a federal prison and Marius has to restart his racing career, giving him a second chance. A formatted card shall we say :sly:.

jeffgoddin

I'd say it reads kind of like a report of what happens, and could use some more humor and spice. Some short bursts of dialogue.

Looks like you're going somewhere with Meredith, but we could use some more characters. Like an arch-rival, or a trouble-making childhood friend worked into a background of amateur karting who continues to distract and entertain Marius to the frustration of employers and pro sponsors, etc.

I hate to inflate PB's ego, but the way he does his characters all over-the-top makes for a very entertaining read!

Don't worry, I have a plan. My brain is running at full-capacity right now.
I'm doing math homework and writing at the same time, left hand types, right hand writes.

I plan to have an interesting angle involving Meredith and Giuseppe Piazi (Arch Enemy of Marius).

One that intensifies the rivalry even further. It has to be edited as its not very AUP friendly. I can word it in a way, where if read out of context would be slightly offensive, but just read it in context.

Last edited:
Back