DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
GalleryBanner.jpg

Since entering my first PhotoMode Competition here I've been taking quite a number of pictures, a feature of GT5 I thought I'd never use. While I am not the greatest photographer it is something that I would like to improve upon. Constructive criticisms and comments are always welcome and I would greatly appreciate some tips and pointers on shooting or editing technique.

Latest update: Revival! Added my Avants and another set of the California.

*** Coming Soon! ***

HondaS2000.jpg

ToyotaFT-86.jpg

FordGTLMTest.jpg

FerrariF10.jpg

Ferrari458.jpg

Last edited:

Week 38 - Glowing Discs

Week 36 - Race Mod vs. Road Mad
Poll Qualifier

Week 35 - Bokeh

Week 34 - Harmony
Poll Qualifier

Week 33 - Tour De France
Poll Qualifier

Week 32 - Supercars vs. Racecars

Week 30 - Carbon Faster

Week 29 - Audi vs. PSA

Week 28 - Gimmie Fuel, Gimmie Fire

Week 26 - Close-ups

Week 25 - Futures

Week 24 - Curves vs. Straights

Week 23 - Track Editor

Week 22 - Become The PMC Drift King

Week 21 - F1
Poll Qualifier

Week 19 - Every Child's Dream

Week 18 - Welcome To Germany!
Poll Qualifier

Week 37 - Let There Be Light

Week 36 - Rainy Day Classics

Week 35 - Coming To America

Week 34 - RWD vs. FWD/AWD

Week 33 - Abstractor

Week 32 - So Real

Week 30 - Front vs. Rear

Week 29 - 24 Heures Du Mans

Week 28 - Going Underground

Week 23 - Arch Rivals
Poll Qualifier

Week 21 - Holidays

Week 23 - Raw Power Exported

Week 22 - The Missing Legend
Poll Qualifier

Week 21 - Dream Vacation
Poll Qualifier

Week 20 - Someone Had To Do It
Poll Qualifier

Week 19 - Formula 500

Week 15 - SLS vs. The Ring

Week 11 - City At Night In Style

Week 9 - Prancing Horse At High Speed

Week 6 - GT History
Poll Qualifier

Week 5 - Power Laps
Poll Qualifier

Week 27 - Virtureality

Week 26 - Game Posters

Week 25 - Going Where No Car Has Gone Before

Week 22 - Goodwood Festival Of Speed

Week 20 - Future Racing

Week 19 - Your Game

Week 15 - Classic Album Covers

Week 14 - Autotrader
Judge's Choice

Week 10 - Art

Week 12 - The 90's
*Pending Results*

Week 11 - Master of Mode 1
Poll Quailfier

Week 10 - Photo Mode vs. Photo Travel
Poll Qualifier

Week 9 - Night Rider

Week 8 - Type R Portrait
Poll Qualifier

Week 7 - Reflections

Week 6 - Immaculate Conception
Poll Qualifier

Week 2 - Compact Cars
Poll Qualifier

Last edited:
Looking forward to see your shots. I like the layout, and nice to see that you have started a gallery. :)

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can keep some semblance of organization going as I keep adding. But, here is something to get us started.

McLaren F1 '94

I took these for the PMC this week (32). I wanted to do a supercar but couldn't decide on one or a location with the restriction to only use Photo Travel or City Circuit. I finally decided on the McLaren F1 and took it all over Photo Travel trying different things and finally down to London, which worked out better than I thought it might. You can see there are a few that look similar where I was experimenting with settings and filters. :odd:

Last edited:
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '67

Got my first 20M cr. car yesterday! :D Took it for a spin around photo travel and snapped a few shots. I think I'm going to like it more in motion than photo travel stills though. Just seems a little too...simple for the backgrounds. The first shot here at Bern was an accident; I hit the wrong button but it looked decent so I kept it. :dopey:

Last edited:
XANAVI Nismo Z '06

I like this car quite a bit to drive. It was the first JGTC car I bought and I've raced it in just about every GT500 event in A- and B-Spec. I took a few quick snaps and here they are...

Last edited:
Honda NSX Type R '02

My biggest collection yet for a single car! I think I like taking pictures of this car as much or more than some like the F40. :dopey:

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10

This was my very first attempt at using the photo mode on a replay. I didn't really understand much of the camera settings and was just fooling around a bit. This was done from my WRS qualifier replay from the AMG Driving Academy special event, hence the rather dull color. :D The best I can say about them is that I can use them to see how much I have improved my skills. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Nice sls shots. I like your XJ13 shots too 👍 although unless you already won it, it's a prize car for the A-spec Indy 500. I also like how you do lots of close ups on the cars details 👍 nice work

Those are great shots - especially as a first attempt. 👍
I looked back the other day on the first couple of shots I ever took in photomode and I can tell you they weren't nearly as good as these, they were pretty embarrassing really.

Thanks Ash, Solo, Nato. I appreciate the comments. 👍

No, haven't gotten around to doing most of the endurance races yet as I don't have that much time generally to do it all at once. Did get the Laguna Seca race in by leaving it paused for a few hours in the middle though. :D

As for my first go, I can see a lot of places where my newness shows: the focus, panning modes and the composition feels a little off on some. For the follow up I think I will post up my latest shots, those being my California and Silvia RM snaps.

Thanks for all the positive comments! Flattering to see that some of the guys I look up to in the competitions like some of my shots. :dopey:

Another update should be coming shortly.

Ferrari Enzo '02​

To me this has never been a great looking car. Compared to say an F40 or a 599 or a California the Enzo looks like it has been beaten with an ugly stick. I think I finally did find a color combo that does look good and has the right feel on this car. I ended up with the black Trinity wheels and Titanium Grey paint from the R35 GT-R and I think I will leave it as such. Anyhow, my latest creations include some of my more artistic endeavors with the camera. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Looking good. :P
The panning mode 1 shots are great. But I think your best attempt was the 2nd shot. That, good sir, is awesome. 👍

Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) RM '02

You can't go too far without meeting someone on GTPlanet who has seen or at least heard of Initial D. Back in the day it was one of my favorites. In a long and convoluted way I eventually found my way to Best Motoring and the Hot Version segments on the DVDs. In one of the Touge MAX showdowns I was introduced to the Kei Office S15 and this is something of my version of that car. It is still waiting some tuning but it sure does look good! :sly:

Last edited:
Ferrari California '08

I love driving this car just because you can do so without the top up. I really wish that was an option for at least the premium convertibles. Perhaps that will be a GT6 option? We can hope. It certainly makes for some good shots.

Last edited:
What? no comments on the Touge set, what happened there - it's a great set and so is this one. 👍

The Silvia was okay...a few shots that will be some good editing practice with the smoke jaggies. With the California you can see that I've changed style just a bit. The yellow were taken quite a while ago and the white were for the more recent CCCL. Once the tournament quals are done I'll post up my latest shoot. I'm actually excited to get it up here: :dopey: I aksed my artsy wife for her opinion and even she had a hard time choosing the best of them with all her art theory knowledge. :mischievous:

It also occurs to me that I didn't change the subject line for the new set....off to fix! :D

Last edited:
Gotta say I really like these last two sets
Eiger%252520Nordwand%252520-%252520Short%252520Track%252520-%252520Ferrari%252520California%252520%25252708%252520-%25252006.jpg

This shot I think is amazing 👍

Thank you, Solo! I have to say I like that one as well and I considered using it for the "fans" 2.0 but I thought the Xanavi Z I entered turned out a little better.

And thanks as well to FishyJuice for the comments. Sorry I lost you in there. :D Panning mode 1 sort of makes my brain ache. I don't ever really like anything I shoot with it for some reason. I appreciate that you like those shots though. I will experiment with it more and see what I can come up with.

Really can't wait to get my newest shoot posted but it will have to wait until the tournament qualifier is done. In the mean time I think I will post up a couple older sets and start whittling down that "coming soon" section.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09​

I actually don't like the Veyron much at all. I respect it as a technical achievement but what purpose is there to it beyond that? I also don't find it very good looking, especially being a standard model, and it's GT5 uses are pretty limited given the thousand other options. Still, it has it's uses.

Last edited:
Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99

I don't know what it is about this car but I love it. I used to drive the road car back in the early Need for Speed days and even then it was a car I had a strange attachment to. The styling is great but I wish PD had done it justice rather than slapping on their junk textures. At any rate, these should make for some good editing and clean-up practice.

Last edited:
VW Golf IV R32 '03​

No, not that R32. The better one, as far as I am concerned. :sly: I owned a MkIV GTI for 10 years so the big brother has always had a special place. I am considering one as my next car, in fact. The bigger VR6 is hard for me to overlook in that understated but functional body.

Last edited:
Back