Touge Drivers Club | Organized Racing | 440PP/SH

Nightingale__ (two underscores)
Banner.png

Photographer: CrossFade94

Graphical overview of the registration process and how to enter a racing series: [Link]

SERIES 1-C DRIVERS LIST

Yakan Demons
Mopar-383
180SX Type X '96
Turbocharged (Stock)

OSE_CAP__SHADOW
Integra Type R (DC2) '99
Naturally Aspirated​

ANNOUNCEMENTS
04/09/2011
Registration for Series 1-C is now open.

30/08/2011
Registration for Series 1-C will likely at the end of this week. In the meantime, TDC members should prepare for registration by joining the available teams and downloading all of the official courses for practice.

26/08/2011
The TDC now has another administrator (CrossFade94). If he is available, you may attempt to register by entering a mock battle with him.

23/08/2011
Racing teams can now be created and joined, although no racing series are open for registration yet. To create a team, send a private message to my GTPF account, and we'll get things sorted out.

21/08/2011
The creation of racing teams and series registration will be put on hold until more members join.

20/08/2011
This thread is currently under construction. Some details are still being worked out. This should have enough information right now to give prospective members a rough idea of how the TDC operates and how to join it, but if anything here is vague or if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask for clarification by posting this thread.​

TOUGE DRIVERS CLUB

The Touge Drivers Club is a group of Gran Turismo 5 players interested in the niche sport of touge racing in GT5. The purpose of the TDC is to provide a fun environment for polite, competitive, and above all, safe touge drivers to compete in. Drivers who are not willing to learn to avoid collisions with other cars and learn the track rules are, quite simply, not welcome here. Otherwise, players of all skill levels are welcome to join.

RACING TEAM SYSTEM

The TDC features multiple racing teams which newly registered users may join and compete in. The TDC will schedule official battles between drivers of different teams, and the results of each official battle will be recorded on a public scoreboard. There will be no points system for drivers and no rankings for teams; how well an individual time or driver is doing should be apparent from the data on the scoreboard. Currently, teams may have up to four members, including the team leader. If you are a team leader, please report any changes to your team roster to the chairman so that he may update the team lists.

Newcomers to the TDC will first have to join a racing team before they can enter a series. If all the racing teams are full or you cannot find a team leader that will accept you, you may begin a team of your own and will become its leader. To do this, send the chairman a private message.

Team leaders may give their position to another driver on their team, should they choose to do so.

TDC RACING SERIES

Once you have joined a racing team, you will be able to register in a series, where battles with drivers from opposing teams will be scheduled for you by the TDC. The course location and time of day will be chosen for you as well, so you should be prepared for driving in night-time conditions if need be. In addition to the driver that will be competing in the battle, each team will also need to send a judge to spectate the race and judge gap times in favour of their teammate. It will be up to the teams to decide amongst themselves who they will send as a judge.

To register for a racing series, send me a private message and include the following details: the name of the racing series you wish to enter, model of car (exact), and induction type. Once you have registered for a series, you will be unable to change any of these things until it ends, so choose wisely.

Within each season, all drivers will be given the same number of races to complete, and no two drivers will compete against the exact same set of opponents. The results of these official TDC battles will be entered into a publicly-viewable scoreboard.

Every week (some time during a Sunday in the Americas), you will be given the details of your next battle, including the opponent, race location, and time of day. You will have until the following Sunday to complete this battle with your opponent. It will be the responsibility of the drivers to organize an appropriate day and time for the race and to bring along the judges that will be needed.

COURSES

To promote a competitive and standardized racing environment, official TDC battles will all take place on a common set of touge courses. Official TDC courses will be named with [TDC] tags for the sake of clarity, and the comment-boxes will also include the track version. Be sure you have the right one by checking this post occasionally. The arrows on the course diagrams below show the orientation of the courses, and the breaks in the line indicate the beginning and end points. In-game pictures of the exact start and end points should follow soon.
[TDC] Sekigahara (ver.2)

Sekigahara.png

[TDC] Ushimine (ver.3)

Ushimine.png

[TDC] Ginkyou Line (ver.2)

GinkyouLine.png

[TDC] Tsuetsuki Pass (ver.1)

Course map pending.

[TDC] Mount Okue (ver.2)

Course map pending.​
Members are encouraged to suggest additions to the course list if they have made touge courses of their own. Each course will be tested for driveability, and once approved, will be added to the official course list. However, the criteria for this process will be very stringent, as it is very difficult to generate "driveable" courses with the course maker which have considerable length, a high number of corners, and good driving flow.

You may download these courses from the TDC members listed below. This list is incomplete, as there are currently more courses than distributors available, but this should be sorted out before registration for the first series begins.

Sekigahara - Nightingale__, Stavingo
Ushimine -
Ginkyou Line - CrossFade94
Tsuetsuki Pass -
Mount Okue -

CAR CLASSES & TUNING REGULATIONS

Listed below are the four different vehicle classifications which will be used to separate drivers into competitive divisions. As the club is currently very small, the only class you may register in for now is Class C. As more racers join, Classes A, B, and D will eventually become open for registration. It will probably be a few months before the TDC will have enough members to run two classes simultaneously.

Only mass-production cars may be registered. Race cars of any kind, race-modified cars, rally cars, concept cars, pickup trucks, SUVs, station wagons, and pre-1970 cars cannot be registered. Other unreasonable cars which I may have forgotten to list here will also be forbidden to register. Listed below are the only permitted tuner cars (adopted from LotS, with minor changes):
Amuse S2000 R1 '04
Amuse S2000 Street Version '04
Gran Turismo 350Z RS '07
Opera Performance 350Z '04
Mugen S2000 '00
Nismo 270R '94
Nismo 400R '96
Nismo Fairlady Z S-tune concept by GRANTURISMO (Z33) '02
Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03
Nismo Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34) '99
Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00
Spoon CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '00
Spoon INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '99
Spoon S2000 '00
Spoon Spoon CR-Z
Tom's X540 Chaser '00
TRD Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231) '00​
There will also be regulations over how you may tune your car. Your car's power limiter must be between 95.0% and 100.0%. You may not use the fully-customizable transmission. You may not use a ballast. All other modifications are OK. Once registered in a season, you may not change your induction type, including the type of turbo kit (so if you entered a series with a low-RPM turbo, you would not be able to switch to a high or mid-RPM turbo). To compensate for gradual PP change, swap the exhaust, intake, ECU, or adjust the power limiter instead.

The typical opponents lists provided here are by no means exhaustive of car selection, and are only intended to give a rough impression of what cars may be participating in each class. Although Japanese sports cars are the most expected type of touge machines, any type of mass-production vehicle, such as the TVR V8S or Chevrolet Corvette C4 may be registered, as long as it meets other regulations.
CLASS A - 520PP | Sports: Medium Currently Unavailable
Typical Opponents
Toyota Supra RZ '97
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) '99
RUF BTR '86

CLASS B - 480PP | Sports: Hard Currently Unavailable
Typical Opponents
Honda NSX Type S Zero '97
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '98
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Version IV '97

CLASS C - 440PP | Sports: Hard
Typical Opponents
Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95
Honda S2000 '06
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97

CLASS D - 400PP | Comfort: Soft Currently Unavailable
Typical Opponents
Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '83
Nissan Silvia K's (S13) '90
Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) '93

RULES OF THE TOUGE

Although there are a great number of ways to race on a touge course with no single "correct" method, TDC races all follow a common set of rules. These are meant to standardize competition for all TDC members so that no two racers will be surprised by each other's racing habits and expectations on the course. All official TDC events will make use of the cat & mouse method of racing; races done using other methods such as the grip gambler will not be eligible for the scoreboard.

RACE PREPARATIONS

Official TDC battles require the participation of four players: two drivers, and a judge from each team. After starting the race with both drivers inside the course, both judges should enter the spectator mode and observe the race.

To minimize lag, official TDC battles should take place in lounges with no more than 8 people. Spectators should try to avoid leaving after a race has started to prevent lag spikes. For the best possible race quality, battles should take place in 4-player-capacity rooms.

Official TDC battles should use the following settings:
Laps: 200
Penalties: OFF
Damage: HEAVY
Grip Reduction: REAL
Tyre Wear: ON
Driving Line: OFF
SRF: OFF
ASM: OFF
TCS: Enabled
ABS: Enabled

After each race, both drivers should submit their battle results to the TDC chairman via PM. The only pieces of data that you need to include is the winner.

STARTING THE RACE

Before the first round begins, the drivers must determine who will lead the race on the first round. Once this is done, a rolling start is executed with the leading car followed closely by the chasing car, directly behind (that is, not to either side). The speed of the rolling start should be about 60kph (~40mph), and the nose of the chasing car must be no further than 3 meters behind the rear of the leading car. Such a rolling start should begin a good distance away from the start of the course (at least 25m) in order to give both drivers time to synchronize their speed and gap. Once the leading driver enters the course entrance, he may signal the start of the race by lightly flashing his brake lights twice in quick succession. In this way, it will be clear to both parties exactly when to begin racing.

THE FIRST ROUND

After the leader has signalled the start of the round, both drivers are free to drive at maximum speed. As most touge courses are very narrow, it will often be difficult for the chaser to pass unless the leader first makes a mistake of his own. Lane position and blocking are very important skills to have on the touge, and drifting around a corner to block the width of the road is an acceptable tactic. While blocking is permitted, weaving is not, however; each driver is permitted only two lane changes between corners before being disqualified, similar to FIA rules. If you are disqualified for weaving, then you will automatically lose the battle unless your opponent agrees to a restart. The first driver to sustain damage (indicated by red icons on the HUD) or spin out will automatically lose. In the event of a collision involving both cars, it will be the responsibility of the judges to decide who is at fault. The driver at fault will automatically lose the race, unless the opponent agrees to a restart. Although these rules may seem harsh, they are intended to reward safe and consistent drivers and to force drivers to make tactical decisions based on risk assessment. (If you cannot agree to these conditions, then the TDC is just not for you--sorry.) The round ends after both cars have crossed the designated end point of the course. After crossing the finish line, both cars should slow down, stop, and be prepared to enter another round if necessary. Use of the pit is forbidden; you must use the same tyres throughout the entirety of the battle, regardless of how many rounds it will take.

AFTER A ROUND

If the chasing car is in front by the end of the round, then the chaser wins the battle. If the leading car has increased the gap considerably, then the leader wins the battle. If the gap has remained the same, then the battle will enter another round with the positions of leader and chaser switched. It will be the responsibility of the judges to determine whether or not the leader has won or if another round is necessary.

Once the judges determine who is the winner of the battle, both drivers may exit the race. The replay data will then be available to download by selecting the results button from the pre-race menu.

PASSING

Great care should be taken when attempting to pass in order to avoid an accident. In almost every case, the leading driver will have the right of way on the track and the chaser must brake and/or swerve to avoid a collision. It will rarely be the fault of the leader if an accident occurs. The car which enters a corner first will be free to take any line through the corner and the following car must yield. As a chaser, unless you have managed to put the nose of your car ahead of the leader's, you cannot expect your opponent to make way for you to pass. It will always be safer to pass on corner exits and straights. If you are right on the tail of the leader and finding it difficult to pass cleanly, don't get frustrated--instead, you should try being patient and wait until the positions are switched next round and then win by spreading the gap.

FOR JUDGES

As the gap between the cars will suddenly increase immediately after the race starts, you should wait until the second or third corner to begin recording their gap. The "gap" as defined in the TDC is not based on absolute distance or time; it is a subjective measure determined by how fast one car "feels" in relation to another in terms of pace. If you are chasing another driver and notice that you cannot keep pace, then that means your opponent is increasing the gap. Likewise, if you feel that you are able to enter and exit corners faster than your opponent and may even be able to pass him with enough time, then you are decreasing the gap. Of course, there will be many times when it will be difficult to tell whether or not the leader has increased the gap enough to deserve a win or if another round is in order. Decreasing the scale of the map included in the spectator interface (so that the track appears larger) should help with getting a better sense of the gap. If the judges are unable to agree on either a win or loss, then the battle should proceed into another round.

MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION

You can not become a TDC member without direct approval from a TDC administrator. You can get this approval from either joining a TDC public track day while an admin is present or sending a friend request to an admin. In both cases, you will need to enter a mock battle with an admin before you can become a TDC member. You don't need to win in order to become a member; this is not a test of driving skill. If you demonstrate that you understand the rules listed above and can drive without incident, then you will be added to the TDC members list. If you fail the first time, you can try again after a week or so has elapsed (sooner is fine--just don't overwhelm the admins with mock battle requests).

TDC MEMBERS (by PSN ID)

01. Nightingale__ (chairman, administrator)
02. Mopar-383
03. CrossFade94 (administrator)
04. P_Lav
05. anderson1256
06. DoctorFool
07. MONSTAR-1
08. Gr3yKn1ght
09. hanablemoore
10. ThelMightyGabe (sp.?)
11. che69velle
12. CHRYSTALBUDS
13. Start2Finish5432
14. Stavingo
15. walternate420
16. OSE_CAP__SHADOW
17. badboy_etc
18. ChivanChang
19. maximus254
20. fullmoonzer0
21. HKS_RagGT-R
22. Wynter92

RACING TEAMS (by PSN ID)

W.M.E.
hanablemoore (leader)
-
-
-

Midnight R
MONSTAR-1 (leader)
Stavingo
-
-

Yakan Demons
Mopar-383 (leader)
OSE_CAP__SHADOW
-
-

Kansei Spirit
CrossFade94 (leader)
Nightingale__
-
-

Ridge Strikers
Wynter92 (leader)
DoctorFool
-
-

Last edited:
If were online together ill try out.
If and when the Class A 520pp opens up can we use the WRX or is that only for Class B 480pp?

You can pick any car you like so long as it fits the other regulations; the typical opponents lists are there only to give you a rough impression of what each class is about. Unfortunately, if you intend on running in the A and B classes, you'll most likely have to wait a long time before they open up. Not everything in the TDC has been decided on yet, but the club has just started, and I don't want to fragment the members into the four classes so soon. Also, I didn't want to begin with either the 520 or 480 PP classes since they are both similar to the 500 of LotS, and I wanted the TDC to bring greater diversity to the touge scene. Sorry if you got excited there.

That's ok. I see what you mean. I'll try out for the 1 st class that's open and when things get bigger I'll move up to the top class.
How about everyone starts at the lower level and they get promotes to a higher class if they do well? That could give a bit of an assentive to get into the top class and race the beat drivers.

That would be one way to prevent the less-skilled drivers from clustering into class A power monsters, but with the restrictions of the TDC, I don't think we'll be having too many of those kinds of drivers here. That, and not all drivers will necessarily want to race at a higher PP-level (myself included). But I will keep your suggestion in mind when we need to consider how to split up the different classes later.

When will you be free for a mock battle? It'd be great to have the LOTS champion be the TDC's first member.

Last edited:
I'm nit the champion unfortunately :( lol.
I'm at work ATM but I'll be home in about 8 hours. If your on I'll send you a message.d

Thanks for the help, Timber; I appreciate your work with TOSS and what you've done to bring the sport of touge to GT5. I had some great races with you guys in LotS, but I thought that perhaps the touge community would like some more variety in touge groups to choose from. Good luck with LotS! :)

Nightingale
Thanks for the help, Timber; I appreciate your work with TOSS and what you've done to bring the sport of touge to GT5. I had some great races with you guys in LotS, but I thought that perhaps the touge community would like some more variety in touge groups to choose from. Good luck with LotS! :)

Thanks, I'll see if I can drop by one of your lobbies. Our paths hardly crosses due to our time differences but if I'm not doing anything and see you on, I might drop by. Meanwhile, I'll be watching this thread... haha... :)

I'd be happy to try something like this out, sort of like what I was talking about in the LotS thread.

Sounds good, Stavingo. Just send me a friend request and hopefully I'll be able to get you and Monstar registered sometime soon.

i found out what i wanted to run for the 440pp class
lightning 1999 nissan silvia spec-R aero (s15) and yes its the standard one
with 439pp

439PP? Are you sure you want to run with a 1PP disadvantage? There's no rule forcing you to tune to 440PP, but you won't get a score bonus like in LotS, as there will be no scores in a racing series.

By the way, teams can now be created. To stay updated, you can check the announcements section of the first post every once in a while.

And Monstar & Stavingo: Sorry I haven't had a chance to get you guys registered yet. In the future, when and if the TDC grows to be large enough, I intend to give more members the administrator status, so hopefully drivers from your part of the world will have an easier time joining.

lol i know...and my car isn't about power after all motor is and weight is stock, its all about the balance and suspension. and thats what seems to matter in touge

Passed the mock trial, was a good fun first night of TDC for me. Lobby is fun, 440PP is def more fun then 500.

Cya!

Thank you to everyone who has joined or taken an interest in the club; I wasn't sure a touge league as strictly-regulated as the TDC would gain too many members, but now it looks like we can get a racing series running sometime next week. :)

I think I would like to wait until we have at least 12 members (3 teams) before opening up registration for the first series. But for now, some of you may want to consider starting your own teams.

For now, I have decided for now that drivers in a racing series will be given one race per week to complete, beginning on Sundays. I think this will give members plenty of time to practice the courses and should give enough flexibility in terms of scheduling for everyone to get their races done. How does everybody feel about this? Is this too often? Not often enough?

In addition, how many races do you guys think would be appropriate for one series of racing? 4 battles and one month series? Or perhaps something longer? Shorter?

That sound's alright. 1 race a week, 4 a month = a season. Gives everyone a chance to win + lose some.

So after some in-game discussion with other TDC members, I have decided to have each series last 8 battles over the course of 8 weeks. 4 just isn't enough for a whole season.

And now we come to the issue of track-sharing. Since it's not possible to share more than one track at a time, we'll need to designate some members as track distributors so that members can download all of the TDC tracks at any time. Any volunteers?

And for clarity's sake, I will rename the official TDC courses so that they have [TDC] tags in their names (eg. [TDC] Ushimine) so that there will be no confusion of similarly named courses.

And remember guys, we need to have racing teams organized before we can begin a racing series, so now would be a good time for some of you to consider creating one. Just send me a PM that includes the name of the team, and I'll add it to the team list in the first post.

The TDC now has a second administrator: CrossFade94. From now on, (in addition to myself), CrossFade94 will be available for conducting mock battles. This should make gaining membership an easier process for new players.

And thanks for volunteering for track duty, you two. Right now, I have given Ginkyou Line to CrossFade94 to share. Next, I will be uploading Sekigahara; you can take that one when you see it, Stavingo.

Looking forward to joining this club. Hopefully i'll get to see one of you guys for a mock trial during this weekend. Already thinking of a team name haha

I just wanted to know who of the TDC Club live in america on the west coast. At least close to my time zone. im trying to practice and tune with another member. I think tuning with a partner speeds up the tuning process. Also how are you going to regulate the transmission upgrade? by time, mph, just asking.

Latest Posts

Back