Touge One Stop Shop (TOSS): Everything Touge on GTP - Interview #7 Up

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 97 comments
Australia
Perth, Australi
GTP_TimberW
Welcome to TOSS
[Subscribe]

Hi everyone, TOSS is created by touge fans for touge fans. Here, TOSS would like to collect and compile all the Touge events/happenings on GTPlanet into a single thread. There are a lot of touge fans on GTPlanet, but the touge community on GTPlanet just couldn't sustain and establish themselves. Many threads just come and go. The hope is to help grow the Touge community into a respectable community like the Drifting community. TOSS would like to support your Touge events, and if TOSS happened to miss you out, you can point me in the right direction by PM-ing me.​

Current Online Touge Events on GTPlanet

TOSS' Legend of the Streets (LotS)
Classes
Up to 500PP with SH
No Fully Customizable Transmission
Power Limiter use from 95% to 100% Only
Initial D Style RPG
Duel scoring system

Touge Drivers Club (TDC)
Classes
CLASS A - 520PP | Sports: Medium
CLASS B - 480PP | Sports: Hard
CLASS C - 440PP | Sports: Hard
CLASS D - 400PP | Comfort: Soft

Touge Battle Open Lobby (Initial D style on custom tracks)
Gran Turismo 5 Touge Club
Touge Showdown by mopar-440
TOSS' Let's Touge! Find the room numbers!
Gran Turismo Touge Championship (GTTC)

TOSS Current Question!
I've got a question for you guys, what is the recommended minimum PP needed for a 4WD car?
From my records, on the 450PP class, I hardly see any 4WDs at all, mainly 2WDs.

Really depends, I reckon the lower classes should be bumped up by about 5-10PP or so.

In response to your question TimberW: my opinion is that at least 460PP is a good minimum if you want to include 4WD cars. An average lightly tuned (350HP, 1250kg) would probably have a PP of about 470. Although they are nice, round, multiples of 50, I think that 450PP and 500PP are awkward standards to tune to; you either end up with 400HP monsters or sub-240HP RWD cars (most JDM 4WDs are 280HP).

TOSS Resources

TOSS Articles
Street Car Tyres (WIP)

Tuning Garage Supporting TOSS
Top Performance Tuning
RLT Garage
T-Spec Garage
K Tuning

TOSS Interviews

vasho
(PROTOSS Team Member)

scoRRRp
(GTTC Spokesperson)

xXHannibaalXx
(PROTOSS Team Member)
Insert Image of Yellow NSX R 02 Here
InitialR
(LotS Player)

Jackthalad
(J's Tuning Owner)

MONSTAR-1
(LotS Pre-Season Legend)

OSE_CAP_SHADOW
(LotS #1 on Season 1 Leaderboard)
GT5 Touge Courses
Touge Course Review by TimberW
Toscana (Tarmac)
Sekigahara by Nightingale__
Mt Fusterkluc by McClarenDesign

GT5 Touge Photomode
Style over Substance

GT5 Touge Videos

Best Motoring/Hot Version Touge Videos
Touge 200
Season 1 [Full Video] Touge Showdown 3
Season 2 [Full Video] Touge Showdown 200 (Season 2)
Season 3 [1|2|3|4|5] Touge Showdown 200 Round 3

Touge 300
Season 1 [Full Video] Touge Showdown 280
Season 2 [1|2|3|4|5] Touge Showdown 300 Round 2
Season 3 [1|2|3|4|5] Touge GP 300

Touge MAX
Season 1 [Full Video] Touge Showdown MAX
Season 2 [1|2|3] Touge Showdown Round 2
Season 3 [1|2|3] Touge MAX Round 3

Other Touge
2WD vs 4WD [Full Video]
Touge 200 vs 300 vs MAX [1|2] Touge Grandprix

Single Battle
RE Amemiya FD3S vs MCR R34 [Clip]

Initial D
Anime

Last edited:
TimberW's Rant/Talk/Thoughts on Toe-Gay

Some things still in discussion:

Whenever someone hosts a touge racing thread, these discussions will probably be raised up, so instead of cluttering the thread, it'll be good to compile the discussions here. And let the hosts determine the restrictions. Regulations will ultimately be decided by the organizers and sponsors with the community input, not really the other way round.

Tyres
1. Which Compound in GT5 is considered street tyres?
The community agrees that "GT5's Racing Tyres" aren't street tyres and also agrees that "GT5's Comfort Tyres" are definetly Street Tyres. That leaves "GT5's Sports Tyres"! GT5 stock cars usually come in three types of tyres, Comfort Medium, Comfort Soft and Sports Hard. Only some high performance Tuner cars come in Sports Soft.

My thoughts are that Sports Soft are really 'everywhere' online. And wouldn't really define the touge scene. Sports Medium really is not too popular online. Sports Hard and Comfort Soft is always in Battle for the right "Touge" Tyre.

2. Should different classes run different tyres?
In the touge, grip management is a big part and if you want more horsepower, that would have to come at a cost. So, I think the classes should run with the same tyres.​

Type of Cars
1. Japanese Only!!
This is usually suggested by the purist fans. Some have gone further into restricting the years as well!?! I think all make of cars should be allowed just as long as it's within the restrictions.

2. How about tuner cars and RM cars?
This is one hard one. Some Tuner cars are just faster than their stock counterparts when tuned to the same PP. Whether it's the tuning elements or the driver, there isn't enough data to decide on that yet. I think there should be a seperate division for Race cars.​

Class Division, Regulations & Restrictions

Due to the huge influence of Hot Version's Touge Battles, the GTP touge community almost always try to adopt a classification system to divide different cars into their appropriate catergories. There hasn't been any concrete way of classification just yet, but in summary this is what is available:

1. GT5's Performance Points
I think this is the easiest way to regulate rooms and it gives enough flexibility for people to modify their cars. And although the PP system is not perfect, it does help keep the cars race closer.
Current Popular Trends:
1. Low Power - 420PP to 425PP
2. Mid Power - 450PP to 460PP
3. High Power - 500PP (Some call this MAX already)
4. Max Power - Unlimited PP

2. Power & Weight
Power and weight is more technical and I think it'll be harder to facilitate a closer race. There is too many variables which is not automatically calculated to promote a competative race between competitors.

3. Restrictions on parts
With GT5's current online hosting system, there isn't anyway to restrict any parts, so it is hard to 'police' this area. Some do say that custom tranny and 'racing' parts are questionable.

4. Statistical Data: Lap Times vs PP
There's a seperate thread to help determine the competativeness of the cars by different catergories. You can help contribute to the data and help the touge community here.

5. How Hot Version does it?
Hot Version basically seperate different cars into 3 catergories.
Touge Racing Divisions
1. Touge 200: Max 2.0L Engine Size, Max 200ps, Usually NA Engines
2. Touge 300: 2.0L+ Engine Size, Max 300ps, Usually NA Engines
3. Touge MAX: Unlimited Engine Size, Over 300ps, Usually Turbo Engines
In stating that, there are instances where Hot Version had cars on the Touge which didn't fit the three classes above. The series are alled "Touge Racing Cars" and "Touge D1 Drift Cars".

Power Limiter
The controversial topic! Should it be allowed?

Battle Rules
Deliberate blocking is prohibited on straightaways.
1. Grip gambler - Regular race with side by side start
2. Cat and mouse - Rolling start into the first corner

Damage & Tyre Wear?
1. Damage?
Damage is a big part of Touge, but this does really depend on the having clean drivers.
If you are new and have lots of newer players, you should go for light damage.
If you have a lobby full of clean regulars, go for heavy damage!

2. Tyre Wear?
Like Initial D, tyre wear is a big part of touge and racing.​

Tracks
1. GT5 Tracks
There are a few tracks which sections that have touge properties. Eg: Nürburgring.

2. Custom Tracks
Custom tracks, this is really the one which will define the touge. But I think hosts should allow 'racing line' to be switch on, so that fellow racers can run the track properly even if they aren't familiar with it, especially if your track is in the dark.

More on custom tracks here.​

Dummies guide to enjoying Toe-Gay
1. Learn how to drive cars on Sports Hard Tyres and below!!
2. Learn how to drive cars on Sports Hard Tires and below!! (just in case you didn't get it and you spell tyre differently!)
3. Switch on the driving line!
4. Get familiar with the track before getting ahead of yourself!
5. Have different types of monsters in your garage.
--- Common Classes are (Subject to change):
--- 425PP / 450PP / 475PP / 500PP
6. Tune your monster on Sports Hard. You just can't pick a tune which is done on Sports Soft.

Why I think The Big Toe-Gay Registry doesn't work!
So far, whenever I have a list up (I've got a couple), I never actually added anyone through the list. And you really wouldn't want to randomly add people either.

I find out that the way I add friends most is if I met them in an Online game and had great fun with them, then I add them. It'll give me time to figure out if that person is a whinner, complainer, and all the other negatives you can think of for him not to be on your friends list. This just to help keep your friends list clean and tidy!

If you still want to 'be' on a list, you can try the "Gran Turismo 5 Touge Club" which is a latest list. Whether the list is still being updated is questionable.

How Would TimberW Do It?
I would basically first separate road legal cars and non-road legal cars first.

Road Legal Class
This would include all Production / road legal cars
Tyre for this class: Sports Hard

Touge 420-425PP (Low power touge)
Entry level, beginner levels, whatever you call it.

Touge 450-460PP (Mid power touge)
This should have moderately modified 2WDs and 4WDs starts their entry here

Touge 500PP (High power touge)
This is always a popular class

Touge 550PP (Extreme power touge)
Not too sure about this yet...

Touge MAXPP (Unlimited power touge)
Max power on Sports Hard!? It'll be interesting​

Race Car Touge
RM cars and non-road legal cars.
Tyres: Probably Not Sports Hard

Last edited:
I liked the FAQ. But i defend the use of serious damage instead light damage, thats the only way to make both cars acting like if they afraid of hit or even trade paint. A judge spectating would be good to decide who is the winner in case of massive crash between both racers.

And a question, this format is based on 1x1 or is open for several cars?

I liked the FAQ. But i defend the use of serious damage instead light damage, thats the only way to make both cars acting like if they afraid of hit or even trade paint. A judge spectating would be good to decide who is the winner in case of massive crash between both racers.

Adjusted and tweaked the FAQ. 👍

And a question, this format is based on 1x1 or is open for several cars?

This is a place where you'll find touge information. I haven't decided on how to facilitate hosting. I'm now thinking of writing a section on how to host a touge room.

Cool, bro. I wish you the best and i think if you do everything right, you can turn ur lobbie a reference to the GT5 scene (same as Evergreen Drift is for the drifters.

Came up another doubt. Since its more based on races instead "drifting", where the avaliation will be purely based in reach the finish line in first (or not if you decide to use the "psicological win", similar to Kaido Battle games) you will set the room for Racing instead Drift in the filter, right?

Cool, bro. I wish you the best and i think if you do everything right, you can turn ur lobbie a reference to the GT5 scene (same as Evergreen Drift is for the drifters.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Came up another doubt. Since its more based on races instead "drifting", where the avaliation will be purely based in reach the finish line in first (or not if you decide to use the "psicological win", similar to Kaido Battle games) you will set the room for Racing instead Drift in the filter, right?

Yes, I don't think the host should put their rooms in the "Drift" catergory. I think "Race for Real" is a good way to filter out the people. And if you put the tyre limit, it'll further filter the people.

Before going too far ahead, using simple mechanics first before applying too many rules is important when starting out.

I've got a question for you guys, what is the minimum PP needed for a 4WD car? From my records, the 450PP class, I can hardly see any 4WDs at all, mainly 2WDs.

Well seasonal events had a 4WD event set at 400PP, but the problem is there is barely any room for upgrades like tyres or horsepower.

Well seasonal events had a 4WD event set at 400PP, but the problem is there is barely any room for upgrades like tyres or horsepower.

I know, my Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX typeR STi Version VI ‘99, after I did an oil change and engine rebuilt, it's already at 465PP!!

Why make a semi-professional looking post and then end it with a few "toe-gays"? That's cute.

Lol, yeah, it's never too good to be too serious! Have you seen some of the stuff they do on Hot Version? The jokes are funniest when the group laughs at themselves! :dopey:

Wow, this thread feels just like home
Thanks TimberW!

I host Touge lounges regularly and on custom tracks which i take a lot of time and tweaking to make.

I'll post up room numbers here for y'all to join whenever im online

Touge!!
room number:
1472-6118-3701-4254-4658

custom tracks (Ttoscana & Mt. Aso)
All aids off except driving line for those that wanna take the time to learn the layout

Comfort soft

Back