NrburgringGP_F_1.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track:World Circuits > Nürburgring GP/F
  • Car Type: Standard
  • Make: Various - See List Below
  • Model: Various - See List Below
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Any of the 3 Cars Shown Below Can be Used, but You MUST Keep Your Car Selection a Secret. All of these are currently available in the Used Car Dealership with 0 Miles for 500,000 credits.

• Audi abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
  • BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
  • Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00

Vehicle Specifics Audi:

• Power: 543 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Stage 3 Engine Upgrade) - This number will go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight: 1080 kg

Vehicle Specifics BMW:

• Power: 557 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Stage 3 Engine Upgrade) - This number will go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight: 1120 kg

Vehicle Specifics Opel:

• Power: 525 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Stage 3 Engine Upgrade) - This number will go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight: 1000 kg

Tuning Specifics for All 3 Vehicles :

• Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications : Stage 3 Engine Upgrade
  • Turbocharger or Supercharger: Not Allowed (Verifiable on replay HUD)
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: No Aero Parts can be installed on this car in GT Auto - Aero Tuning is Optional
  • Tire Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects (Including Cones and Invisible Walls). Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • No other Surfaces are Track.
  • Over Run Tarmac Beyond Rumble Strips, White Track Boundary Lines, or Cones are not track (See Details in Pictures Below)

NrburgringGP_D_3.jpg

Green Painted Tarmac or Black Tarmac Beyond the White line on the outside of Turn 1 (Trackside Left)

NrburgringGP_D_4.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface Beyond the White Line at the outside of Turn 2 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_5.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface outside the Rumble Strip on Entry to Turn 3 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_6.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface Inside Rumble Strip at Turn 4 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_7.jpg

Tarmac Beyond White Line at the outside of Turn 4 (Trackside Left)

NrburgringGP_D_8.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_10.jpg

Green Surface Behind Rumble Strip at the Outside of Turns 5/6 and 9/10 (TrackSide Right)

NrburgringGP_D_2.jpg

Tarmac Beyond White Line on Outside (Trackside Left) of Final Turn

Steward's Comments:
We're finally bringing DTM back to the WRS, as these cars are readily available from the Online Dealership for about the price of one seasonal event race. Have fun. :D

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

NrburgringGP_F_6.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • The Specific Car You are Using

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 28 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, August 29th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site. Beware of the US Daylight Savings Time Change, don't cut it too close.
  • Please send a second PM to EDK, indicating your car choice for the event.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

NrburgringGP_F_3.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Nice :D

Erm - posted set-ups will presumably be of less use this week as we won't be able to discuss which car they are for... oh, and the M3 isn't a DTM car, despite what PD think (but we'll keep it to ourselves for this weeks event:sly:)

Great choice of event and track Kev - yet again 👍

Last edited:
👍 I will be competing for sure this week. Great choice for cars, I was horrible at the GP/D circuit last time, hope it's better this time around. Thanks Kevin.

Oh holy heck! This will be an interesting week! :eek: At least the track will be half familiar from the last time we were here with the Calsonic GT-R. Better get on this one right away!

Carlos Fandango
Erm - posted set-ups will presumably be of less use this week as we won't be able to discuss which car they are for...::

Interesting twist.

Hopefully someone posts some setup info ... Even for all three cars without giving away which they are using... Otherwise I might as well skip as I can't tune a kazoo. :lol:

I know where you are coming from WRP /\
Not so good with tuning myself, definately going to give it a go but not holding out much hope...

Are we allowed to use the Vauxhall astra car instead of the Opel Astra? They are the same car except for the name change???

First to get my times on the board. :)

T1: 38.899
T2: 27.334

Last edited:
Only saw 'Various' and 'DTM' and thought: Ha, everyone will be using the Mercedes CLK, anyway... well, so much for that. ;-)

But I'm not a big fan of Engine Upgrades, I like to keep my cars stock - let's see whether I haven't bought any of the cars eligible in the OCD yet so that I can have a second one...

Set up all 3 cars for 3 initial laps to see which one works best for me on standard setup with max downforce.
From experience with GT4 I presumed this one car would definitely be the fastest but it just doesn't work for me. So I bought the other one again with 0 miles to avoid the insane rebuilding costs and will dig into it for the rest of the week.
Well done, Kevin, as usual 👍

BTW still in need of a Zonda 7.3 to complete my European car collection - anyone willing to trade?

This....Looks....Neat. :D
I've been busy and was planning skipping another week, oh well.

@Steven, I can keep my eye in the UCD for you.

Set up all 3 cars for 3 initial laps to see which one works best for me on standard setup with max downforce.
From experience with GT4 I presumed this one car would definitely be the fastest but it just doesn't work for me. So I bought the other one again with 0 miles to avoid the insane rebuilding costs and will dig into it for the rest of the week.
Well done, Kevin, as usual 👍

BTW still in need of a Zonda 7.3 to complete my European car collection - anyone willing to trade?

It's not tradeable because of the 1 million trade limit otherwise I would. If you need any other tradeable cars I'd be happy to help.:)

It's not tradeable because of the 1 million trade limit otherwise I would. If you need any other tradeable cars I'd be happy to help.:)
That's too bad. I thought it was just (and barely) at the limit but apparently not.

Thanks for the offer Ash 👍 but all 3 I still need (Zonda, both non-hybrid Pescarolo's) are not giftable.

/on-topic

Back on-topic I spent yesterday buying most of the cars in the OCD on my GTP account so I'm ready for this combo once I run in the car/s.:)

Just to get the leaderboard up and running...

To correct the typo for T1 :dunce:

Going to be a very interesting week this week. Choice of vehicles, all tuneable, and a very technical and fast track, and very bumpy in places. Lots of fun though 👍

Race on :cheers:

Last edited:
This is definitely going to be an interesting amd hopefully fun week.👍
Can't wait to get those cars purchased and broken in.
Definitely will be interesting switching cars up during the week to see which one works the best for me.:nervous:

Damn i'm out of town till sundaynight. Would really like to take part of this one

Like the title says, decisions, decisions.

After trying all three cars with some basic tunes I've made my choice.

Tough track, turns 1-4 are killers for me.

Very early splits-

T1, 36.975
T2, 27.018
T3, 28.749

Are we allowed to use the Vauxhall astra car instead of the Opel Astra? They are the same car except for the name change???

No, if you are going to use the Astra, it needs to be the Opel. I know they are the same on paper, but I have not tested anything there, so let's please keep it simple.

Only saw 'Various' and 'DTM' and thought: Ha, everyone will be using the Mercedes CLK, anyway... well, so much for that. ;-)

But I'm not a big fan of Engine Upgrades, I like to keep my cars stock - let's see whether I haven't bought any of the cars eligible in the OCD yet so that I can have a second one...

Yeah, the CLK is in its own class. It has more downforce available than any of the other cars, that's probably the main factor, but it also outperforms on power to weight ratio after the upgrade.

I tried to choose 3 cars from multiple manufacturers that are equally capable on paper. We'll see how it works out.

And I'm also not a fan of Engine upgrades, but PD chose not to list the HP in replays, and with people being able to play around with the power limiter, I don't want to use a regulation I can't enforce, allowing someone that decides to cheat a slight advantage due to increased torque at similar power levels. Just too much for the replay reviewers to watch for there, so I keep it simple by only disallowing the upgrades that can be verified (turbo).

After some engine break-in and an oil change.

New splits-

T1, 36.460
T2, 26.806
T3, 28.472

EDK
And I'm also not a fan of Engine upgrades, but PD chose not to list the HP in replays, and with people being able to play around with the power limiter, I don't want to use a regulation I can't enforce, allowing someone that decides to cheat a slight advantage due to increased torque at similar power levels. Just too much for the replay reviewers to watch for there, so I keep it simple by only disallowing the upgrades that can be verified (turbo).

Very good explanation. Thanks Kevin for your excellent work on this series.

New Splits for me.

T1: 37.077
T2: 26.966
T3: 37.289 (Yeah I know this isn't right, my ps3 has messed up the timing of this sector for some reason, my t4 time though seems about the right length for my t3 time so I don't know what happened there.)

Has this happened to anyone else before??

Last edited:
My first post for WRS. This is fun, new life for GT5!

T1: 35.850
T2: 26.925
T3: 28.058

T1: 35.707
T2: 26.509
T3: 28.006

Times are not legit, had SFR on :dunce:

Last edited:
Worked out what was wrong with my times.

t1: 37.048
t2: 27.278
t3: 27.897

Maybe this is a stupid question, but would it be acceptable to make a new local user named "GTP_xxx", buy the cars in the OCD then run this week offline (so it still says the correct driver name in the replay)? I only have one of each of the cars and don't want to add permament upgrades to them. :(

Maybe this is a stupid question, but would it be acceptable to make a new local user named "GTP_xxx", buy the cars in the OCD then run this week offline (so it still says the correct driver name in the replay)? I only have one of each of the cars and don't want to add permament upgrades to them. :(

I can't see why not.

As much as I love to take part in this one
I won't be able to as I'm working long days(5am till 7pm) this week.

Maybe this one will work, bad 1st time but 2nd and 3rd are better this go around

Improvement on 1 and 2 a bit slower on the 3rd

Times are not legit, SFR was on :dunce:

Last edited:
Back