GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 28 : Decisions, Decisions

• Thread starter EDK
  • 274 comments
And with one post, Kevin destroys my social life for a week :D
Outstanding combo! Tuning/testing is going to kill me, but I'm all for it!

Otherwise I might as well skip as I can't tune a kazoo. :lol:
👍 :lol:

Had a test drive with one of the cars, not much tuning just whatever I already had on there (pretty open LSD, soft suspension) and some transmission adjustments.

T1: 35.649
T2: 26.268
T3: 27.552

Going to try another one later tonight. I kind of hope one of them sticks out - enough variables with just the tuning options for a single car, nevermind three!. :)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but would it be acceptable to make a new local user named "GTP_xxx", buy the cars in the OCD then run this week offline (so it still says the correct driver name in the replay)? I only have one of each of the cars and don't want to add permament upgrades to them. :(

Why not start a new account and gift them to yourself? Or are they just over the trade limit value?

Just to let others know, the server (for me) is having maintenance at the moment.
Good thing I have all the cars or I'd be pissed off.

Looks like a great set of combo's, Kevin. 👍

Still not on the board, any suggestions?

Hi Remo,

Welcome to the WRS. I think the problem is that you registered with your remo_of_oz account but are posting splits under GTP_Remo. Try posting the splits with your other account.

Cheers

Stephen

Hi Remo,

Welcome to the WRS. I think the problem is that you registered with your remo_of_oz account but are posting splits under GTP_Remo. Try posting the splits with your other account.

Cheers

Stephen
I qualified with GTP_Remo as required, I'm in the registry as such.

First 10 laps with one of the cars.... one I've had for a while and has about 1,500 miles on the clock already. No chassis rebuild, oil change, setup I already had on it. Pretty well balanced springs and dampers, no toe, fairly loose diff. same as Jonas.

Good fun - love the GP/F circuit except I'm crap through the Schumacher S. That license test with the BMW through the Schuey S nearly drove me insane trying to get Gold.

Time to go run another car in...

I qualified with GTP_Remo as required, I'm in the registry as such.
Maybe so but the username you submitted your qualifying entry with is remo_of_oz. That's what is listed in the registry:

GTP_Remo / remo_of_oz / USA (3.744)

So Fetchbot will only pick up your splits from that GTP account. To change it you'll have to message Vaxen and/or JoostBaksteen and request your username be changed to GTP_Remo 👍

Well I bought one of the cars. Dont buy the one I did its so slow. hahahaha

I think it might be the driver not the car.:)

I will give another car a shot later tho just in case.👍

I want to buy the two that I do not have but the GT server is down! What a time to go down, when the WRS has JUST posted up a race that requires the OCD....grrr

Had a few laps in the car which I will refer to for now as Bob and well, Bob was fine but I sucked. I'll have a few more laps later and hopefully get to try out Edwina and Nigel.....

Just to let others know, the server (for me) is having maintenance at the moment.
Good thing I have all the cars or I'd be pissed off.

Looks like a great set of combo's, Kevin. 👍

Sorry to be off topic, but have you seen all the maintenance coming in the next couple of weeks, it's insane.

We can only hope for some great updates in there, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

On topic this combo sounds like great fun, probably start it tomorrow as i'm a bit burnt out from the last one :sly:

First 10 laps with one of the cars.... one I've had for a while and has about 1,500 miles on the clock already. No chassis rebuild, oil change, setup I already had on it. Pretty well balanced springs and dampers, no toe, fairly loose diff. same as Jonas.

Good fun - love the GP/F circuit except I'm crap through the Schumacher S. That license test with the BMW through the Schuey S nearly drove me insane trying to get Gold.

Time to go run another car in...

Maybe so but the username you submitted your qualifying entry with is remo_of_oz. That's what is listed in the registry:

GTP_Remo / remo_of_oz / USA (3.744)

So Fetchbot will only pick up your splits from that GTP account. To change it you'll have to message Vaxen and/or JoostBaksteen and request your username be changed to GTP_Remo 👍
Ah got it now, Thank you.

Nice split Chris, are we gonna have one of those weeks again? ;)

The next car I tried was a massive 3/1000s faster at the line! Then I did a little tuning and some better driving and improved by about a second. :sly:

T1: 35.507
T2: 25.924
T3: 27.325

Will there be a prize for biggest air in the last chicane?

EDK
Why not start a new account and gift them to yourself? Or are they just over the trade limit value?

You know, it didn't occur to me to try because I just assumed they couldn't be traded... Will check when the servers let me. :)

Last edited:
I drove 2 of the 3 cars and began to worry. I thought I had a good set-up but way off pace. Forgot to add full downforce.:P

Had a quick 10 laps with a stock set up on my car of choice, I say car of choice but its the only one of the three I have and with the servers being down it looks like PD 'assisted' my decision.
T1: xxxxxx
T2: xxxxxx
T3: xxxxxx

EDIT: Quick tweek on the diff and new splits:
T1: 36.218
T2: 26.679
T3: 27.847

Last edited:
Good fun - love the GP/F circuit except I'm crap through the Schumacher S. That license test with the BMW through the Schuey S nearly drove me insane trying to get Gold.:

I'm glad to here somebody got gold on that test.👍

I gave up thinking it just wasn't possible.:crazy:

Drove a bit with Edwina, but I liked Nigel more:
T1: 35.407
T2: 25.990
T3: 27.200

Some nice splits posted. I had to fight for these splits. Only did some basic changes to my set-up.

Slight improvement overall, not much in the splits,
T1: 36.341
T2: 26.438
T3: 27.700

Anyone have a general setup that might work with all three cars? Really struggling with a tune for this :-(

PD's server won't let me have access to the online dealership. Gerrrr

T1: 36.627
T2: 26.921
T3: 28.637

Oooooh. Probably rusty, and it'll hurt, but it's vaguely possible my week(end) won't be destroyed for this one.

I think I've got multiples of at least two of the cars :dopey:, and had already bought them all (again) but I might choose the one that chose me.

Like Super Grover 2.0, it showed up.

(First and only DTM I saw in the UCD around when I wanted to do the A-spec event on my main).

I gather the servers are down right now, but I'd say buy buy buy (x3). Aren't we due for an OCD refresh today/tomorrow?

EDK

I was going to say the same, they are, in fact tradeable.

CSLACR
I was going to say the same, they are, in fact tradeable.

Are you sure? I tried one of them earlier and it told me I could not give the car to a friend. :odd:

I was going to say the same, they are, in fact untradeable.

Fixxed! They're all 1*10E6 Credits, really (at full price).

I'm away from the PS3 - are the OCD zero-odo specials odd with not needing break-in?

Nice split Chris, are we gonna have one of those weeks again? ;)
I hope so :cheers:

Non-tradeable cars unfortunately - I also tried earlier. Possible solution - buy one on another account, do oil change and tune-up, then make it a shared car and "borrow" it with your GTP account. When HP drops, un-borrow it and then borrow it again....

I'm away from the PS3 - are the OCD zero-odo specials odd with not needing break-in?
Seem to be full power after oil change 👍

New splits after some setup changes and practise:

Awesome T2 Remo... I know my T2 is poor and I know why, but still you're the fastest in that sector over some very fast people.

I'm not seeing any improvement on HP with break-in either on Sabine. I have breifly run Sascha, but Steffi is still in the garage. Running max downforce and still messing with suspension and gear ratios.

I'm pretty sure I will stay with Sabine for the duration of the event - on paper she's the fastest and I'm having a lot of fun. I really like this track for some reason - doesn't make me any faster than any other week, but it makes the laps go by quicker :)

Race on :cheers:

Last edited:
Back