CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Tournament - Season 2: Semi-final Round - 2.0

Photomode Tournament - 2.0

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

headerjo.jpg

Semi-final round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either PMC or 2.0

[Click to raise dashboard]

20match1.jpg

Take a close up picture of the driver in action behind the wheels
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Focus on the driver.

20match2.jpg

Well now, simple really: one part Lexus IS-F RM, one part N24. Shake well, and serve!
CARS: Lexus IS-F RM (preferably white)
LOCATIONS: Nurburgring 24H layout (time/weather change allowed)
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

rulesq.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You have to vote in one entry of each match;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will decide;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;

deadline.jpg

Wow, tough decisions, I'm going to have to mull these over for awhile.

Great entries I agree with Nato, need to spend a bit more time looking before voting 👍

A high quality poll 👍

Btw, the title says second round, and its semi-final round (not that it matters I know)

The first one was very easy to me, but the second one was so hard to decide that I voted for both :P

👍 Well done Moglet
Let me be the first for the congrats on whats looking like a truly deserved win (barring a monumental comeback :crazy:)...
I'm very happy... overwhelmed really with my run in the 2.0 comp, probably 'punched above my weight' a bit to get this far but I do know that I couldn't have produced any better an image for this round :)
Massive cheers to everyone for their votes in this and the previous rounds 👍👍

The match at the top is definitely going to the wire though ..... I actually thought with my preference there would be a clear winner there.

Oh, as I've been utterly swamped the past two weeks: Review time!

Round 1: - I'll make the same joke about it being an easy choice now... okay, that out of the way, Rev's shot is stupendous for the clean-up work and the tones. Viewed in full-size, though, I can't say I'm a fan of the foreground motion blur - it looks muddled, like it wasn't in focus. The other thing my eye gets drawn to is the pixelated fan just to the right of the driver. It's tiny, sure, but that white space is where my eye goes, following the (apparent) view of the driver. To be honest, I played it a bit safe here, following the theme more closely, in my opinion, than Rev, but his adventurous shot paid off here. Looks like it's CCS7 and I for bronze...

Round 2: Who would've expected such similar shots from my theme?! I like it though, as it really made deciding difficult. On one hand, I like the tone of Mog's shot more, the lower amount of contrast helping it look more realistic, and avoiding the slightly burnt-out feeling of the white in CC's shot. But, CC's shot counters with a more interesting sky. In the end, he got my vote, but both are superb and far more than I could've hoped for when I suggested the theme. Well done to both of you.

Looking forward to the clash of the titans now... and how well timed, since once this is done, we're gonna have a lot of new toys to play with...

CC7, I loved your shot, when you enlarged it the depth of the background really caught me off guard. Moglet's was just a touch on the dark side to me but the spectators look phenomenal.

SlipZ got my vote based on the subject material. Rev's is great but I was drawn more to the background and what was going on than the actual driver.

What a great result!
Revo vs. SlipZ make me proud of having suggested their theme.
Though, for the photo shoot, I somehow would have expected the choice of
rally car drivers because of their "helicopter style helmets"
which reveal the EYEBALLS other than those full-face helmets used in most vehicles in GT5.
(Sample here)
Nevertheless it's a stunning competition in a real heavy-weight league.
I'm looking forward to the final round!

What a great result!
Revo vs. SlipZ make me proud of having suggested their theme.
Though, for the photo shoot, I somehow would have expected the choice of
rally car drivers because of their "helicopter style helmets"
which reveal the EYEBALLS other than those full-face helmets used in most vehicles in GT5.
(Sample here)
Nevertheless it's a stunning competition in a real heavy-weight league.
I'm looking forward to the final round!

Thats awesome! I'd never noticed that happened before.

This 2.0 tournament is absolutely amazing! Such a high quality of work is produced every round, the final will be amazing. Good luck to you all 👍

Aah what a tight result! We were neck and neck all day yesterday Slip, I was nervously keeping an eye on the votes with my fingers firmly crossed!

Thanks to the folks who voted for me!

Back