CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - Week 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
35header.jpg

Raphaele was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Graphics Week.

CCShaft7 took out the public vote, and the theme he has selected is Postcards!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 33 Winner, CCShaft7:

Yeah... you remember them? Just send us a postcard showing your car in any exotic location(s) or near some famous landmark(s) from anywhere on your travels. Make it clear in text where you are and maybe throw in some colloquial phrases. This kind of straddles graphic/manipulation criteria but you can have more than 1 image in your postcard so feel free to be as creative as you like and good luck.

And remember... be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

"Just send us a postcard showing your car in any exotic location(s) or near some famous landmark(s) from anywhere on your travels."

Looking back I probably should have made it clearer but ideally any GT5 car in a real world location,.... although I don't see any reason not to use any of the locations in game if its a good representation of a travel Postcard... multiple shots without a car can be used along with another with a car or even just a logo somewhere in your finished result. :)

The first entry is a good example and a nice start, 👍 con360

Ill just add this and see if CC accepts it as I took it before I read the rules properly but I can always redo it if its not acceptable :)
FINAL ENTRY IF ALLOWED

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

It took me 10 shots to create this panorama view of Monaco port.
And if you are lucky you will find out what car I chose…
Hope you'll enjoy it…

Final Entry

I'm sending all of you a postcard from my home :)

Click for BIG

Very nice man! Love the avatar with the Fish 'n' Chip shop :lol:

Man.. theres some real skillz on show here :drool: Nice entries from everyone.
Makes me wanna go book my travel arrangements now :) Shame I don't have a Lambo or R8 to take along for the ride :ouch:.

Think we've still got almost a day to go to get those entries in 👍

Final Entry

I want to do some more to this pic. Add some text and maybe another pic in it, but hell, BF3 comes out tomorrow...not sure if I will find time then...:scared:

I want to do some more to this pic. Add some text and maybe another pic in it, but hell, BF3 comes out tomorrow...not sure if I will find time then...:scared:

That's only in the US though. It's the 27th here in Europe, I believe.

Sorry for going off-topic. Nice pics, everyone.

That's only in the US though. It's the 27th here in Europe, I believe.

Sorry for going off-topic. Nice pics, everyone.

Nope, got the notification that amazon sent it today. So it will be there tomorrow (hopefully) ;)

Sorry for another off-topic response.

FINAL ENTRY
There are seven GT5 cars in this postcard. Can you find them all ? ;)

I recommend the very hi-res version ;)

No no no !
No-one deletes anything!
I like your entries a lot. They look very pro 👍

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back