• 67 comments
Jamaica
Kingston, Jamaica
pj-gm
PJwasHere876
Sao Paolo, Brazil

braziliangrandprix_interlagos_2006_start_3.jpg

2008_brazil_interlagos_2008_start.jpg

Hello boys and girls! As the racing world in F1 2011 is relatively inactive at the moment, I've decided to follow in the footsteps of Silent7Sniper7, and host a fun online race for us all. The race will take place on Saturday, November 26th. The race will take place at 10pm GMT, which is 5pm US time.

First and Foremost, please ensure that you follow the GTPlanet OLR Racing Rules and Guidelines in regards to your racecraft, both on, and off the circuit.

interlagos.jpg

Regulations:
-100% Race Distance
-Rules and Flags will be set to Realistic
-Tyre Wear and Fuel Consumption will be enabled
-Collisions will be enabled
-Damage will be set to Full
-There will be a Qualifying Session before the race
-Weather will be set to Dynamic.
-Al Driving Assists will be Banned with the exception of transmission settings and Driving Line.
-Safety Car will be Eanbled

michaelschumacher_juanpablomontoya_interlagos_2001_2.jpg

Drivers and Teams:
Drivers will be teamed with whomever uses the same car as they are using. There is a limit of 2 cars per team, of course. To sign up, post that you are interested, right here in this thread, along with your PSN ID. I will require someone to host the race, as my connection is not very good. That person will also be whose PSN will be added by all the drivers who are interested, so that the invitation process can take place.

Drivers:
1. Peter. - Ferrari (pj-gm)

2. VINCE__ - McLaren-Mercedes (VINCE__)

3. Mr. S - McLaren-Mercedes (PSN?)

4. PAWEL17 - Williams-Cosworth (PAWEL17)

5. crooky369 - Mercedes (GTRacerUK)
6. GTOmen - Williams-Cosworth (OmenF1)
7. RivaLCF - Ferrari (RivaLCF)

8. PS3Noob - Torro Rosso-Ferrari (landet09)​
9. RaciGManiac - Lotus-Renault (LKWTrailer)

10. terrible1fi - Torro Rosso-Ferrari (terrible1fi)
11. ShaneMcKane - Mercedes (ShaneMcKane)

Teams:
Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes - VINCE__ & Mr. S​
AT&T Williams-Cosworth - PAWEL17 & GTOmen​
Scuderia Ferrari Santander - Peter. & RivaLCF
Scuderia Torro Rosso - PS3Noob & terrible1fi
Mercedes GP - crooky369 & ShaneMcKane
Lotus Renault GP - RaciGManiac &
*If you want to join the race, but you do not have a GTPlanet ID, message me on Playstation Network. PSN: pj-gm*

Race Concluded. Congratulations to Peter. (pj-gm) in the Ferrari for winning!

2011_British_GP_-_Alonso_win.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in with the driving line assist though. Just checked to see and the real GP is over at 12:30 pm EST I am pretty sure. Double check me on that just to be sure.
Silent is copacetic with you being the Steward for this I assume?

Yes, he said that I could do so. I'll allow Driving Line, as I understand that some are still relatively new to the cars and tracks.

What car will you be using?

The McLaren Mercedes will do fine this go around. However if people are wanting the same rides for the series I will go with the Ferrari again.

11642800.jpg

I'd need the driving line anyway (for corners) since my eyesight doesn't allow me to see the distance markers on the grass properly. :/

It's still up for debate if you'd like. Nothing is written in stone as yet. If more persons would prefer a Saturday race, then we will have a Saturday race. You can't make Sunday?

Have to work on Sunday - would definitely join in on Saturday if that's ok for the others. Count me in for McLaren in said case. :)

Thing is though, that Saturday may not be doable for me. Unless it's Saturday evening. Is 10pm GMT good for you UK users, for Saturday?

I'll add you on PSN later on, Peter. Just don't like to post it everywhere on the interwebz. :D

Regarding Saturday: time doesn't matter for me, I'm up until 3am anyway.

I'd be up for Saturday at 10pm as well.

Apart from a preferable midday Sunday race it actually works out perfectly 👍

Is 10pm GMT definitely 10pm in the UK though?

If you guys have any friends on GTPlanet that would be interested, feel free to inform them about this race.

:cheers:

I'll be your team mate then, I will try to participate. Sign me up for Ferrari, no disqualifiying this time.

EDIT: Can it be 9PM instead? It's already 11 o'clock here when It's 10pm in England. I wouldn't be able to stay till 1:00 midnight, let alone 1:30-2:00.

Last edited:
Well I am in,

if you can set me up for toro rosso :) so then I juse this day to Practise on that TC hate to have that off:yuck:

PSN landet09

Last edited:
Well I am in,

if you can set me up for ferrari:) so then I juse this day to Practise on that TC hate to have that off:yuck:

PSN landet09

Imagine you're driving a normal car in real-life: slow but steady on the throttle. :)

I'll be your team mate then, I will try to participate. Sign me up for Ferrari, no disqualifiying this time.

EDIT: Can it be 9PM instead? It's already 11 o'clock here when It's 10pm in England. I wouldn't be able to stay till 1:00 midnight, let alone 1:30-2:00.

I'll see what I can do.

Would everyone else be able to make a 9pm starting time?

Qualifying will start at 10:00pm GMT, and the race shouldn't take more than one hour and a half. Call it 1 hour and 45 minutes, the most. That will take you to 12:45am. Come on man, give it a try!

Back