24 Hours of Dubai 2012

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 335 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Does anyone know if this will be broadcast in the USA? If not, does anyone know the best internet stream available for this race? I know it's a bit early, but it's just around the corner and I want to be prepared.

Second, Nissan has just announced that Lucas Ordonez, Jordan Tresson, Bryan Heitkotter and Jann Mardenborough will be teaming up in the RJN 370Z for the race! An all GT Academy driving team! Super stoked to see how they do. Baring any mechanical failures, I think they'll do great. :)

http://www.facebook.com/GTAcademy

379480_10150430216550197_170858255196_8394751_1005239625_n.jpg

Last edited:
So the Triple Eight Vectra's haven't made the race? They were planning on running 2 if they could get the drivers.

Im not sure how gamer they can be since most of them had driven Karts before anyways. Other than that, good on them!

@hawkeye
I've driven / raced karts with friends for many years and as far as I know, racing a LMP2 at 300 Km/h down the Hunaudieres at 4 AM while being overtaken by Wurz in his 908 ... is something I can only conceive myself qualified to do as ... the gamer I am.

@hawkeye
I've driven / raced karts with friends for many years and as far as I know, racing a LMP2 at 300 Km/h down the Hunaudieres at 4 AM while being overtaken by Wurz in his 908 ... is something I can only conceive myself qualified to do as ... the gamer I am.

Yeah but that's without the training they were given and a host of other things that were shown and taught to take on such a task. If they were just drivers that raced karts then GT and then picked to race a 24h race without any of the training then I'd say that is extraordinary.

Im excited! especially to have some Americans in there! I think it is the first time any american driver has raced at the Dubai 24, and the 24 Hour series.

Morning guys, just locked in for this race - been hungry for enduro racing for a while! Good to see RLM get it as well.

I've been a fan of the GT3 series cars for a while, the SLS looks particularly good, and I love the R8 LMS. This is gonna be fun :)

Anyone got a sort of runners and riders guide? i.e. cars to watch for this one? And I'm curious to know if anyone running R8 LMSes would be competitive in this race?

EDIT: Man, the GTR looks brutal...forgot how awesome that thing looks in GT trim. Does the GT3 version have a V8 like the GT1 variant?

Last edited:
The live timing (particularly the downloadable one) is brilliant, only shows the top 40 cars though. http://live.24hseries.com/live-timing

Entry List

Highest placed R8 is the #26 United Autosports car, currently in 8th.

EDIT: Man, the GTR looks brutal...forgot how awesome that thing looks in GT trim. Does the GT3 version have a V8 like the GT1 variant?

No, it runs a modified version of the 3.8 V6 that's used in the roadcar.

Back