24 Hours of Dubai 2012

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 335 comments
Am I the only one that doesn't like the Joker lap rule? Maybe its just me, but it comes off as once again manufactered racing. Why limit how fast people can go?

It's similar to bracket racing in drags. You "dial in" how fast you reckon you can go and try your hardest to get to it. The Joker lap merely means that if you fail by breaking out less than 2% of the time you're fine.

Really enjoyed this race. For a team of young rookie racers (save for Lucas), 3rd in SP2 is good.

Excellent!! XD

Not to thrilled about the joker lap rule though. And a shame the empty stands lent it an empty atmosphere (I love how Le Mans and Nurb has campers all throughout the race) But all and all, loved the Dubai 24 hours.

But from what I could gather nobody was penalized for putting in a fast lap... or did I miss something??? the only penalty I could figure out was that by putting in those kind of laps the fuel and tyre consumption would be much greater and the cost would be also greater than the benafit.

Really enjoyed this race. For a team of young rookie racers (save for Lucas), 3rd in SP2 is good.

Blancpain GT4 Series champion Jordan Tresson is hardly a rookie. ;)

But from what I could gather nobody was penalized for putting in a fast lap... or did I miss something??? the only penalty I could figure out was that by putting in those kind of laps the fuel and tyre consumption would be much greater and the cost would be also greater than the benafit.

All the cars that got drive-through penalites received them for running too fast.

Back