2.02 Chase Camera Change - Now Dynamic

FLYER_Z
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed this, or if I'm just the only one who uses Chase cam regularly, but it's definitely changed after 2.02. It bobs and sways when you brake/accelerate and turn. I'm not sure I dislike it, but as of now, there's no option to turn it on or off (that I can find.)

Thoughts?

energyracing
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed this, or if I'm just the only one who uses Chase cam regularly, but it's definitely changed after 2.02. It bobs and sways when you brake/accelerate and turn. I'm not sure I dislike it, but as of now, there's no option to turn it on or off (that I can find.)

Thoughts?

I'm sure its just a matter of getting used to it. Once you get used to it you probably wont notice anything "wierd" in the way the camera moves and it will feel normal.

Yeah, for some reason it's really making me feel sick. Not figuratively, I'm actually not reacting to it very well at all. Hopefully I do get used to it, because that is one awesome feature!

Thoughts?

The Rigidity of the camera has been changed so it keeps your view facing front.

Oh the days of GT2 when you had the freedom of choosing between different modes for the chase view. At what point they lost the concept of giving choice..

Would much rather have the old chase cam back. Why couldn't they have added the new one IN ADDITION to the old one? 👎

At Daytona it felt like the car had hydraulics and was tolerable. When I tried it on Autumn Ring it was NOT tolerable so I switched to Bonnet camera.

Dynamic?! are you kidding?

It's now even more locked to the car than before. Because now it also rotates as the car's body rolls. I feel like it's going to make me sick.

We are getting to the point now where they are starting to change things for the worst. I really hope they start to leave the game alone :/

Yep, pretty much, it tilts slightly when you turn, or when there's a banking lol.

I also noticed that certain cars have revised chase cam zoom levels; the camera used to stick at the Skyline R33's ass but after the 2.02 update, it doesn't seem fat anymore since the camera was zoomed away. If you know what I mean.

Killzone 2 made me feel sick so I know where you're coming from. I haven't had a problem with it for the short time I used it (only use chase when drifting) as I normally use bonnet/hood cam anyway.

If it's that bad I'd suggest getting used to another cam.

Man...PD ruined my favorite chase cam, now I have to use the hood cam.
I cant believe they would give us new heads up display options and awkwardly shakily chase cams.

Yep, pretty much, it tilts slightly when you turn, or when there's a banking lol.

I also noticed that certain cars have revised chase cam zoom levels; the camera used to stick at the Skyline R33's ass but after the 2.02 update, it doesn't seem fat anymore since the camera was zoomed away. If you know what I mean.

Has anyone tested the Merc SLS and SLR to see if the chase cam views for those cars were fixed as well? As of before the patch, both seemed 'fat'.

Has anyone tested the Merc SLS and SLR to see if the chase cam views for those cars were fixed as well? As of before the patch, both seemed 'fat'.

The SLS doesn't look fat anymore, yes.

The SLR... dunno how to put it but it isn't fat, yes, but it's that the camera zooms a little too high... :|

Is the chase cam different? I was taking a spin on High Speed Ring on my CRX and I noticed the camera was tilting more dynamically during the curves and whenever I braked, it literally started tilting. Reminded me of GT3. Is this a new feature? Or..have I not been paying attention to this game since release..

It has changed, I've seen it in other threads this morning. I haven't tried it myself, it still early for me.

Already 3 posts on the subject, so they're all merged now 👍

How do i turn it off? its the most annoying thing ever? feel like im playing GTA when you get your character drunk.

any help with this is much appreciated :)

Jason

Last edited:
Back