2.02 Chase Camera Change - Now Dynamic

  • Thread starter Thread starter energyracing
  • 389 comments
  • 41,896 views
seriously? why ruin a great game by making it look like an 1990's arcade ?
 
A:38 B:39 and you are only just asking how to turn off screen shake?
 
A:38 B:39 and you are only just asking how to turn off screen shake?

its part of the update as ive never come across this before?

feels like im on a boat.
 
Are you referring to the new chase cam?
 
seriously? why ruin a great game by making it look like an 1990's arcade ?

i think who plays with chase cam want an arcade game.. otherwise one never would use such a cam..
i never used chase cam
 
i think who plays with chase cam want an arcade game.. otherwise one never would use such a cam..
i never used chase cam

I just use cockpit/roof cams and a DFGT, I can't drive as well with the chase cam.
 
i think who plays with chase cam want an arcade game.. otherwise one never would use such a cam..
i never used chase cam

i use the chase cam but i hate this one , like jason said it seems that im in a boat 👎
 
i use the chase cam but i hate this one , like jason said it seems that im in a boat 👎

as far as i could see, now it's more like other racing games, including forza. car is more "mobile" and not fixed.. i think you only have to get used to that.. but if i can give you an advice: try bumper or cockpit views. they are hard at first but are more accurate and precise and give you better driving feel.
 
Wow... Im a bit nervous now about the update... I use chase cam 100% using my DS3.... I may be using the wheel more (I use bumper cam with my wheel) if I dont like the new screen shake on the chase cam :(

And for those of you that think it is arcade to have the chase cam, what I have always liked about it is its the widest view of the track. You can see further down the track with it than the other views
 
Wow... Im a bit nervous now about the update... I use chase cam 100% using my DS3.... I may be using the wheel more (I use bumper cam with my wheel) if I dont like the new screen shake on the chase cam :(

And for those of you that think it is arcade to have the chase cam, what I have always liked about it is its the widest view of the track. You can see further down the track with it than the other views
what's the need of having further view of the track if you know the track? :)
 
as far as i could see, now it's more like other racing games, including forza. car is more "mobile" and not fixed.. i think you only have to get used to that.. but if i can give you an advice: try bumper or cockpit views. they are hard at first but are more accurate and precise and give you better driving feel.

all i ask...is an option to turn it off :(
 
what's the need of having further view of the track if you know the track? :)

I still like to see whats ahead, even if I know the track I draw my lines based on what I can see ahead of me ;)
 
The new cam is awesome. What's wrong with it?
 
I agree with you wanting to turn it off. When I first tried it (I alternate views all the time, one minute I'm in cockpit, next I'm in chase, then bumper...) I sorta freaked out lol. I find it a bit disorientating to be honest o_O.
 
The new cam is awesome. What's wrong with it?

remove your drivers seat and replace with a bouncy castle...then come back and ask that question
 
I'm currently racing on Tsukuba (9 hour enduro)in my Subaru Impreza TC, and in EVERY hairpin, about halfway through... the actual view of the car shifts left or right (depending on the turn) like a very crappy framerate issue has now been caused. ANybody else with this problem?
 
whats your views on this camera view i think its like driving a boot lol
 
Jai
There is a new camera view?

No, the chase cam has been stiffened a lot and it follows the car more rigidly.
 
That's good.. I still wish we could look around our cars using the analog, like in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and a few others..
 
We need more view customization.. I don't like not being in control.
 
yes I agree, my WRX feels like im driving my Nike AirMax 180's. :)
 
From what I've seen on youtube I think it looks good. Haven't tried it yet though.
 
I don't use the chase cam but I took a look at it and it's so stiff and rigid it's nearly looking and feeling like the older games where the track moved along the screen but the car didn't.
 
what's the need of having further view of the track if you know the track? :)

I too have used the chase cam since first GT, not as much to see the road but more to see the people on either side of me. It gives me a better view when turning and avoiding other cars.
 
It looks good especialy on the 86 because its so close.
 
I too have used the chase cam since first GT, not as much to see the road but more to see the people on either side of me. It gives me a better view when turning and avoiding other cars.

This too... AND you also get to see what the car is doing since there are no g-forces in the game that you can feel ;)

And like you I have been using this view since GT1 so...

Delta: another way to see cars next to you is set your map size on 1 or 2. I sometimes even drive off of the map (set it fixed to car). It comes in handy for hotlapping with your ghost, online races or anything else where you want to see exactly where the cars around you are
 
Back