Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
United States
Brooklyn, Wi
krenkme
shootout.png

Well, is there a better way to start new year then with Classic cars, at a Classic track, in a Classic time attack shootout?... Probably, but this is all I could think of :dopey:.
What is this?
--Time attack shootout at Cote d' Azur (fastest wins)
--Monaco is all about style so take a picture of your car at the track for a photo poll (no editing outside the GT photo mode please )
--A drivers choice will be picked by the testers 👍
-- Each event is judged seperately not together (Time/Photo/and Drivers choice)
This event will follow the F.I.T.T. Standardized Rules (found here) with these specific rules in place:

#1.) Cars are to be pre-1975
#2.) No race cars, RMed cars, Rally cars, or Tuner cars
#3.) Cars are to be run on Sport Soft Tires (or less)
#4.) 500pp is the limit the car can be at, but feel free to go lower :dopey:
#5.) NO power limiting (because I don't want it, that's why :D )
#6.) Weight adjustments (a.k.a adding ballast) is set at 3% of cars weight, no more. (example - if a cars weight is 1500kg you can add 45kgs)
#7.) only ABS1 and driving line allowed, grip must be real, tire wear/fuel consumption on, and mechanical damage off
#8.) Most important HAVE FUN!!!

How it works
--Tuners sign up and submit a tune by the Deadline (one car per tuner)
-- Testers submit a time per car by the Deadline
-- Top average speed is the winner 👍
-- Tuners can also be test drivers
-- Testers will chose there top three drivers choice (please send my your choices by PM and I will publish them all at one time on the deadline, for a suprise feel :dopey: )
--Top three drivers choice will be scored: 1st- 6pts, 2nd- 4pts, 3rd- 2pts
--Photo competition photos must be taken at Cote d' Azur.
--If entry is over eight, groups of cars to test will be made. (i.e. two groups of four, testers only need to test a group) I'm an idiot :dopey:

Deadlines
**Tuner & Tester sign ups start - Jan. 2nd, 2012
**Tuners must submit tune and photo by - Jan. 11th, 2012
**Testers must submit times and drivers choice by - Jan. 21st, 2012
**Fast times, photo poll, drivers choice, and prizes after Jan 22nd
all times are subject to change at the discretion of the event sponsor

Prizes
Tuners
First place - Any Premium tradeable Car (tuned by Clueless if you'd like)
second place - Any Premium car under 500,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like)
Third place - Any Premium car under 250,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like)
fourth place - Any premium car under 125,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like)
Fifth place - Any Premium car under 75,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like)
Last place - Honda Beat Z (tuned by Clueless :dopey: )
Drivers Choice - Any Premium car under 125,000cr
Testers
fastest Lap - Any Premium car under 250,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like)
ALL TESTERS!!! - Any Premium car under 175,000cr

Photo Poll winner - Any Premium car under 200,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like)

-Well there it is, the first Clueless shootout event. Lets go have some FUN!!! :dopey:
*in case I missed something or the rules do not make sence, please feel free to point it out to me, or ask. Thank you.

Last edited:
ITS OVER

Well the Clueless Tunes Concours d'Elegance @ Cote d'Azur Classic Car Shootout has come to an end, and there are some Awards to hand out. So here we go:

Check out the official spredsheet HERE

Fastest Lap
And the Award Any Premium car under 250,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) goes to...
DaDog with a 1'43:723 in a car prepared by Rotary Junkie
Ok speech time :

**waits for the people to :censored:up**

I would like to thank you all for allowing me to crash drive you're cheap rusty bagger ridespriceless classic automobiles .

Special thanks will go to Krenkme for hosting this event and listening ( reading ) my whines of me not beeing able to drive this damn wheel , and to praiano to giving me pointers on how to use my wheel .

Photo Poll winner
With 9 votes the winner of the best photo in the photo poll and Any Premium car under 200,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like) is...
Dylans1o

Top Five Fastest Cars
Fifth Place
With a average time of 1'46:499 ... ACSR421
Fourth Place
With a average time of 1'45:985 ...praiano63
Third Place
With a average time of 1'45:315 ...VTiRoj
Second Place
With a average time of 1'45:277 ...Rotary Junkie
First Place
With a average time of 1'44:944 ...Dylans1o
All winners please select you prizes and PM my your choices. If you select a tuned by Clueless please tell my what kind of tune you'd like on the car. Thank you

And last
Drivers Choice

Theo777
Looks like Rustbuckets on the Riviera is turning out to be a huge success. I know this is hard work even if you only had to tune and drive. Great job setting this event up! :cheers:

My Driver Choices

1st ACSR421’s “lil Ray” Corvette Convertible has to be my favorite car in this shootout. This was a tough call… I loved DigitalBaka’s Corvette (Voted for it in the Photo Comp. :)) but it felt just a tad bit unstable on the lower speed corners. "lil Ray" is what I image a perfect handling pre-1975 sports car should feel like cruising this track. :bowdown:

2nd Prainano63’s Camaro Z/28 was my favorite of this shootout dominating Camaro’s. I found it had a slightly different feel that suited my driving style the best out of the cars. Even though I put down a faster lap in Rotary’s Camaro by 0.130s this would be my second choice.

3rd Snake55wildcat’s Fairlady 2000 wasn’t much of a surprise to me given how I was thinking about entering that very car for my tuna. I guess I just like rooting for the underdog.

Motor City Hami
1. Digitalbaka Corvette
2. Dylans10 Lambo
3. Tris_73 Mach 1

tris_73
Hi Mate,

My choices for the driver's award are -

1. VTiRoj
2. Dylans1o
3. MotorCityHami

DaDog
1st Dylans01
2nd ACSR421
3rd XDesperado

DigitalBaka
OK, so driver's choice. :)

1 - Dylans1o
2 - Praiano
3 - Tris

Onboy123
3. Cykosis
2. Tris
1. Dylan1o

krenkme
1. DigitalBaka
2. Nighthaunter
3. krenkme VtiRoj

And the Drivers Choice winner, and Any Premium car under 125,000cr, with a score of 26
Dylans1o

Oh my... I think I may have overdone it :lol:

But seriously everyone this was an amazing event indeed, I had a blast with my tuning my Countach (I nearly choose the Camaro until my last lap on Cote D'Azur in my Countach) but seriously Drivers Choice, Photomode and fastest car winner! :embarrassed:

I guess the saying "Irish eyes are smiling" is true. :D

Well I really enjoyed this event alot and I think my comeback went well.. Thanks Krenkme for hosting the event and everyone for being so friendly thoughout the competition! :P

[/Worst acceptance speech of all time]

well that's it... :dopey:...

Oh one more thing.
Slowest Average Time
The "winner" of the Honda Beat. The tuner that got "Beat" by all the rest is...

Snake55wildcat with an average time of 1'51:154

Haha, oh wow I don't know whether to be happy or embarrassed.. I guess i'll be both :lol:
I knew my car wouldn't win, but not as bad as this, but its the fun that matters, I took a gamble of entering a car completely off the wall and the wall fell with me :P
I have really enjoyed this little shoot-out (as this was actually my first one I have ever entered) and its been great to be here, I am definitely thinking of entering more of these types of events. Big thanks to all the drivers, other tuners and event organisers for this great demonstration of classic cars around a timeless race track! :)

I'd like to thank all the tuners for puting some great tunes together and to all the testers for putting in alot of driving and time with all the cars. Seventeen cars all within six seconds of each other, and the bottom two seperated by less the one tenth of a second. Great job everyone, and thank you all for making this shootout very FUN!!!!
THANK YOU!!!

That's it.

all over.

Nothing left.

I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here. :dopey:

Bye-Bye

parrot2.png

:dopey:

Last edited:
Need any more placeholders? :lol: and I'm in, and I've already gone ahead and done 2 cars! :D A muscle car for our USA guys and something from Norfolk for those who aren't that scared of a lairy ride.

Also…I'll test as well. As usual. :D

Need any more placeholders? :lol: and I'm in, and I've already gone ahead and done 2 cars! :D A muscle car for our USA guys and something from Norfolk for those who aren't that scared of a lairy ride.

Also…I'll test as well. As usual. :D

Only one car pure Tuner :dopey: so chose well 👍 (maybe I should add that to the OP :dunce: )

Putting you down for both. Hope you have fun.

Only one car pure Tuner :dopey: so chose well 👍 (maybe I should add that to the OP :dunce: )

Putting you down for both. Hope you have fun.

I know. :P But you're going to help me pick because I like those two cars too much. :dopey:

Hey krenkme looks good and happy new year. You can sign me up for tuner and tester.

Can you please sign me up as a possible tuner, not sure if I will get my PS3 fixed in time.

I sure hope you can get it fixed, and got ya down as a tuner 👍

Jacktalad
Hey krenkme looks good and happy new year. You can sign me up for tuner and tester.

Happy new year to you as well. Got you down as both 👍

Last place - Honda Beat Z (tuned by Clueless :dopey: )

So that's why I've been seeing all those Honda Beat Z's on share. :lol:

I might as well enter in as a tuner. Still got enough time to work on a good tune. Nice to see you're going down the drivers choice route though. I have more than enough classics for the job...

I might as well enter in as a tuner. Still got enough time to work on a good tune. Nice to see you're going down the drivers choice route though. I have more than enough classics for the job...

Who wouldn't want a Honda Beat? :lol:

Nice to have you on as a tuner 👍

Oh……a member of the Goof Patrol has joined! I must defend my honour as Goof Patrol Unit 01 and defeat you! :lol:

Only one question, are the cars to be tuned and tested online or offline?

VTiRoj
Thanks. :) Sign me up as a tuna then. :P

No, I want a Clueless Tuned one. :lol:

:lol: it's much better than an Onboy one :lol:

I'll get you in as a Tuna as soon as I can get back to my computer, and not this awful phone :mad:

This even looks great but I'm concerned that a car other than the fastest outright car will potentially get the fastest average lap time due to average driving from testers. After all, faster is faster and this is a time trial. If it meets the approval of the OP, I would like to sponsor a prize for the outright fastest lap time, each for the tuner and tester (additional to the other prizes on offer).

Also, I will likely enter as either tester or tuner or both.

Last edited:
:lol: it's much better than an Onboy one :lol:

I'll get you in as a Tuna as soon as I can get back to my computer, and not this awful phone :mad:

:lol: Screw you, I tuned it to be a bonkers lunatic. And the fact that you were scared of it means I've succeeded! :D

Remember the spelling, it's 'Tuna', not 'tuner. Change me to a Salmon.

Oh……a member of the Goof Patrol has joined! I must defend my honour as Goof Patrol Unit 01 and defeat you! :lol:

Oh right so what unit am I then. :boggled: If you're a salmon though I could just eat you now. 'Cept I don't eat salmon :lol:

I also already have ideas for cars to use - and I'm not even near the PS3. I think they would be very good, but a) I don't know if either makes it to 500PP (one might, the other probably won't) and 2) I can't choose between them!! :scared:

Though I do have other resources I know of to use. :)

Oh right so what unit am I then. :boggled: If you're a salmon though I could just eat you now. 'Cept I don't eat salmon :lol:

I also already have ideas for cars to use - and I'm not even near the PS3. I think they would be very good, but a) I don't know if either makes it to 500PP (one might, the other probably won't) and 2) I can't choose between them!! :scared:

Though I do have other resources I know of to use. :)

Unit 0. :D

Is it…a French rustbucket that shall not be named?

Unit 0. :D

Is it…a French rustbucket that shall not be named?

Why not Sub-Zero? I wanna be, like, super cool :lol:

And you're wrong! It is not a...Ski Slope of any sort. Wasn't even considering one of those, not if I wanna win Driver Choice anyway... :lol:

Why not Sub-Zero? I wanna be, like, super cool :lol:

And you're wrong! It is not a...Ski Slope of any sort. Wasn't even considering one of those, not if I wanna win Driver Choice anyway... :lol:

Think NGE.

Well…driving with the hammer down while left foot/finger braking for the corners does making it drive…I was about to say better, but I think I mean…not as bad. :lol:

Think NGE.

Well…driving with the hammer down while left foot/finger braking for the corners does making it drive…I was about to say better, but I think I mean…not as bad. :lol:

Yes, I got it. Was just saying :sly:

But yeah, I'll still have to work out if said car gets to 500PP in the first place. Needless to say though, a 240ZG doesn't make it to 500 fully modded...but then the cars I'm planning are lighter, and as we all know, weight screws the PP system over.

Yes, I got it. Was just saying :sly:

But yeah, I'll still have to work out if said car gets to 500PP in the first place. Needless to say though, a 240ZG doesn't make it to 500 fully modded...but then the cars I'm planning are lighter, and as we all know, weight screws the PP system over.

It's…not from Norfolk, is it? Though I can't really think of any more lightweight bathtubs from the 70's or 60's yet…No Miura, right?

Back