Musical_Artist's Canvas - NEW: Photo Comp. Entries & a few extras

United States
SW Louisiana
Musical_Artist
6740935353_8cab324bf5_b.jpg

I am fairly new to GTPlanet, but I believe I am fairly skilled with using Photomode on Gran Turismo 5.
My style of photography is interesting. I don't always have the most beautiful shots, but I like to have my photos have movement and interest that is unique. If I can get a photo to tell a story that is interesting, I do that. I am kinda ADD, so I like my images to be very "eyecatching", because that means they keep my attention better usually.
I also have eyes that are oversensitive to light(in a good way, it means I just see colors more vibrantly and stuff like that), so some of my photos can be fairly dark, but they don't seem dark to me because my eyes are like that.
Well, enough explaining, here is a link to my flickr page to see all of my photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72459649@N06/

Here are a lot of my best photos I've taken using GT5.

Lamborghini Photo Gallery

Newest Shots

Jump Drift! by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Dual Coasters by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

135i at Nurburg GP/F by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Scale-Play by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 5_21 by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Stop and Stare (Museum Matte) by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Back In Black by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Please tell me what you think and provide as much feedback as possible.

Last edited:
New photos added.
I especially love that I now have a GT5 photo that could actually be a painting.
I did some more abstract light stuff, but now I don't know what to do next.

Great start to your gallery! I have to admit my favourites so far are the surreal ones, :lol: 👍 Especially "Stargate"

I'm starting a gallery of what will be 7 cars. The photos will be considerably edited. The color schemes on them will be decided by my friends.
I do not have all the cars finished yet even. I am still waiting on a few to be decided. I will post them as I get them finished.

My Friends' Cars Gallery

Non-Stylized

Stylized

Last edited:
These photos exhibit unique uses of light and shape to create something that can be somewhat abstract. I think most of these look really cool.
I will continually add to this gallery over time.

Light Play Gallery

Last edited:
Here are my post-GT5 edited photos that aren't part of any specific gallery and are the only photo of that car that was taken in the photoshoot for it.
More will be added soon.

Edited Single Shot Gallery

Last edited:
Here are my single shots that have not been edited.
I will add more photos over time.

Non-edited Single Shot Gallery

Last edited:
The light play set is fantastic, some awesome angles and reflections. Non edited set is great aswell. Loved your Ghost n Flares comp entry 👍

Great shots. It really shows what amazing shots you can produce without the effects of an outside editing source.

New Photo. I used a new logo that Gtuned helped me with making in the new photo. I tried to make it look like the movie Bullitt.

Wow, that MP4-12C picture is amazing in so many ways

Thanks.
I really like it. I am considering possibly adding one lightning bolt in the background, but I am still unsure of whether I should do that or not. And, it I can even make a good looking lightning bolt.

5 new photos added today.

1 in the "Edited Single Shot Gallery"
&
4 in the "Friends' Cars Gallery"

I think some of these new photos are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The Corvette Z06 one really blows my mind into little tiny bits all over the wall.

All the new photos can be access through the gallerys they are in now and will be temporarily accessible from the opening post.

With these last 4 photos in my "Friends' Cars Gallery", the gallery is now done. I might in the future get more friends to decide on stuff for cars on GT5, but for now, I am gonna wrap it up.​

6724149835_569406ac57_m.jpg

Lovely picture for an unedited one! Shows how well the new Track works for Photomode.

Yeah, I guess it is good. A lot of people have told me they like the unedited McLaren, sometimes even more than the edited one. I still like the edited one, the unedited one just seems to lack textures I think, which kinda affects how interesting it seems to me.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Also, the new track is just amazing for photos in general.

I prefer the 1st but their both very cool :)

I like your C3 Corvette photos also. They are a bit "sharp" though.

It is part of my collection of cars with colors chosen by my friends. That is why I have one with orange rims. I would've gone with silver.
The car is actually one of the DLC Gunmetal colors. I think 002-Gunmetal. It looks blue though after I edited it.

Are you the person I told "I wish I could do realistic, I am just stuck in artistic."?
Because I remember a response being something like: "well, anything can be called artistic, but, it is actually fairly hard to get realistic."

Well, I think I am so far into artistic that I don't qualify as a person calling just anything artistic. I actually do artistic work with the photos.

I like your C3 Corvette photos also. They are a bit "sharp" though.

It is part of my collection of cars with colors chosen by my friends. That is why I have one with orange rims. I would've gone with silver.
The car is actually one of the DLC Gunmetal colors. I think 002-Gunmetal. It looks blue though after I edited it.

Are you the person I told "I wish I could do realistic, I am just stuck in artistic."?
Because I remember a response being something like: "well, anything can be called artistic, but, it is actually fairly hard to get realistic."

Well, I think I am so far into artistic that I don't qualify as a person calling just anything artistic. I actually do artistic work with the photos.

Wrong guy lol

Back