Musical_Artist's Canvas - NEW: Photo Comp. Entries & a few extras

I'm looking for suggestions on cars to take photos of.
If anyone has requests, please say.

I don't really do photo shoots, I normally just take one or two really good shots and then edit one of them, resulting in 3 or 4 shots usually.

Okidae. That sounds interesting.

Shots that will possibly come in the future(currently just ideas I see in my head that I like):

1. Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R - Black Metallic - SSRX - midnight
Editing: crisper, cleaner, halogen headlights, fog

2. Mitsubishi Evo 6 Rally Car - Chaminox - clear
Editing: crisper, cleaner, cloudless sunset setting.

3. Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Race Car - Eiger K Trail
Editing: crisper, cleaner, editing to make track darker like Pikes Peak.

4. Jay Leno Tank Car - unknown
Editing: extensive cleaning, a lot crisper. Showing off of skill kinda.

5. Jaguar XJ220 (silver) & Ferrari F40 (red) - TGTT
Editing: crisper, cleaner, wet track surface with ponding, near the beginning of sunset lighting.

6. Mercedes-Benz 190e DTM & Mercedes Benz 190e (maybe a second DTM) - Nurburg Ring - daytime - clear
Editing: crisper, cleaner.

7. Jaguar XJ220 (metallic black) - SSRX - Daytime
Editing: cleaner, crisper.

These are just some of the more developed ideas I can see in my head, I have other ideas that I am not yet gonna say because it is either a competition entry idea or it is not yet developed enough to mention it.

You can probably tell now why I do single shots over photo shoots.

My next theme/gallery will be:

Painting-Style Classic Car Photos Gallery

It will consist of cars like:
Muria
Ford GT40
Jaguar XJ13
Ferrari 330 P3/4
etc.

Sounds interesting - I like the 512BB above, so I'll be looking forward to it. :)

yeah, it will be really interesting I think. Once I get done with classics, I will start on newer cars that are legends, like the 190E and Mclaren F1 GTR.

512bb at Monza by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

I also used a computer in my university's art department to use photoshop and add a brush stroke filter. So the 512bb photo has changed now. I will be doing this to all of the photos in this series in the future.

This is my gallery of classic car photos from GT5 that have been edited to look more like paintings than photos. I hope y'all like them.

The Modern Car Painting-Style Photo Gallery Will Soon Become A Sub-Gallery along with the Classic Car Painting-Style Photo Gallery. They will both be listed under the Painting-Style Photo Gallery.

Classic Car Painting-Style Gallery

Modern Car Painting-Style Photo Gallery​

Last edited:
Wow, those two paintings are amazing! I think your compositions are amazingly creative, And the light play shots are just surreal! Keep up the good work.

Wow, those two paintings are amazing! I think your compositions are amazingly creative, And the light play shots are just surreal! Keep up the good work.

You do know that they aren't actual paintings, right?
I am just trying to replicate the same kind of feel and appearance as those canvas paintings of legendary race cars at Le Mans and stuff that cost upwards of $3,000 usually.

Not bad but I really think you went over the top with the editing. On the plus side, it really worked well for the Pagani. :sly:

A bunch of new photos for the painting-style photo gallery. I'll add them to the gallery later, when I have some free time.

Le Mans Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Daytona Speedway Legend Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Bluebird Rally Classic Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

F1 LM Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Le Mans Morning Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Stratos Rally Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Trans Am Challenger R/T Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

F1 LM at Spas Painting by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Morning at Le Mans for Audi by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Morning At Le Mans for Audi - Stylized Version #3 by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Morning At Le Mans for Audi - Stylized Version #2 by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Morning At Le Mans for Audi - Stylized Version #1 by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

Here are some shots I edited with photoshop in the time I had left over after finishing projects in my "Art With The Computer" class. I am ahead of the class schedule because I know how to edit, so, some more stuff like this might be coming soon.

If anyone wants to have a cropped version of any of the stylized ones, just tell me.

That one looks cool (would look good on a black t-shirt).

I will see what I can do. I completely agree with you, it would look great on a black shirt.

The problem is that I can't call it my own and make a profit by selling it, so I can't make a shirt technically. I will see if I can find a good site that will make an order of 1 custom shirt, and then I will format images to add to their shirt to make it work easily with the shirt maker.
Therefore, technically, someone would be ordering the shirt for themselves. But, they can only print one for themselves. If they sell it and make profit, then there will be issues.

I probably shouldn't even do anything like this. I might just go bring the design down to my local t-shirt screenprint store and have them print me a shirt for myself, then just take a photo of it.

wow .

the 1 of aventador and f2007 (my 2nd fav ferrari next to 512BB) are :drool:

Yeah, I love the color of the Aventador. It is Midnight Purple Pearl.
I tried to make it look like the old Diablos that were purple, and it just made the Aventador look even more amazing that it normally does. :D

Back