GTRA | RSeat WSGTC S3 | Round 2 | Laguna Seca | Corkscrew GT

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 568 comments
France
France

To jump to a different section, just click the links below.

Main Thread | Reports Thread | Round 1 | Round 3

Corkscrew GT

usaqf.png
*.*.*.*
usaqf.png
*.*.*.*
secalogo.jpg
*.*.*.*
usaqf.png
*.*.*.*
usaqf.png

.: GTRA RSeat Round 2 | Laguna Seca | Mixed Class :.

GT500: 1+48 laps
GT300: 2+47 laps

February, friday 10th
pal conference
warningp.png
*.*.*.* connect time: 20.00 gmt | 12.00 pst | 15.00 est *.*.*.*
warningp.png

startp.png
*.*.*.* green flag: 20.30 gmt | 12.30 pst | 15.30 est *.*.*.*
startp.png

D1 Room: 1472 6118 3916 1740 7503
Host: RedReevos
Stewards: RedReevos, GV27, tony, Andil, Falcon

D2 GT500 Room: 1472 6399 8408 2430 9477
Host: Litchi
Stewards: Litchi

D2 GT300 Room: 1472 6399 8494 1423 8892
Host: Twist
Stewards: Twist

February, saturday 11th
ntsc conference
warningp.png
*.*.*.* connect time: 18.30 pst | 21.30 est (sunday 02.30 gmt) *.*.*.*
warningp.png

startp.png
*.*.*.* green flag: 19.00 pst | 22.00 est (sunday 03.00 gmt) *.*.*.*
startp.png

GT500 Room: 1472 6118 3787 3251 3277
Host: Hamilton
Stewards: Hamilton, Will

GT300 Room: 1472 4711 0038 4894 5604
Host: OverHeating
Stewards:OverHeating, CSLACR, iforceV8

color code: pal conference | ntsc conference
follow wsgtc on: facebook | twitter

Current Ballast, click here.

S3PaBr2-1.png

.: Drivers Briefing :.

You must follow the car specs and regulations pictured below! Not following specs will result in an immediate disqualification.

Your car must be fully broken in before each race. Not following this rule will result in an immediate disqualification.

You are NOT ALLOWED to go in the settings page between feature & sprint race.

While inside the race lobby, do not use the 'chat' feature while stewards are sending out instructions for pre-race checks. If you have questions, go ask them now! Otherwise, read the op. We will be using a special pre-race qualifying that is listed below - read it! Thank you for your patience!

car specs and regulations (all cars at max downforce for gt300!)
gt500 regs - open pp tuning.
carspecstempcopiecopie.png

GT300 / GT500 checklist

this is the order that you (steward) have to follow to proceed of the "checks" before a race in an official wsgtc room.

weight checks

• 1210kg -->> NEPALII
  • 1190kg -->> GTP_CSL / MoIeman
  • 1180kg -->> El_Aliens69
  • 1150kg -->> Maxking39
  • 1140kg -->> RFLXWidowmaker / BORTECH
  • 1130kg -->> FAK_EV1L / GTP_Cicua / GTP_L_Hamilton / iforcev8
  • 1120kg -->> themainman1980 / GTP_Erick
  • 1110kg -->> GTP_Biffy / GTP_Josh-F / MONSTAR-1

hp checks

• 315hp -->> apex mr-s / celica
  • 325hp -->> asparadrink's
  • 335hp -->> garaiya's / subaru's
  • 355hp -->> lexus

pp checks

• 528pp -->> NEPALII / GTP_Cicua / GTP_Erick
  • 529pp -->> MoIeman / GTP_Josh-F
  • 530pp -->> asparadrink's
  • 531pp -->> apex mr-s / garaiya '08
  • 537pp -->> iforcev8
  • 538pp -->> garaiya '03
  • 539pp -->> celica
  • 545pp -->> subaru '08
  • 546pp -->> GTP_CSL
  • 547pp -->> El_Aliens69
  • 548pp -->> subaru '03
  • 549pp -->> lexus
  • 593pp -->> BORTECH
  • 594pp -->> RFLXWidowmaker
  • 595pp -->> themainman1980
  • 596pp -->> yms supra / xanavi / calsonic / yellowhat gtr / GTP_L_Hamilton / Maxking39 / MONSTAR-1
  • 597pp -->> motul / takata / arta / raybrig / stealth nsx
  • 598pp -->> denso / petronas
  • 600pp -->> bandai
  • 601pp -->> eneos
  • 603pp -->> castrol
  • 605pp -->> FAK_EV1L
  • 607pp -->> Z

jbq0zm.png

In association with PURE Racing Evolution ©

Last edited:
logoseca.jpg
logoseca.jpg
logoseca.jpg
logoseca.jpg
logoseca.jpg
logoseca.jpg

.: Mazda Raceway laguna Seca | Corkscrew GT | Specifics :.

seca.jpg

laguna-seca-track-map.jpg

qualification rules for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca will be usual. You have 2 laps to submit your superlap.

Tyre Regulations

• All qualifying will be run using Racing Hard tyre's
  • In every race ALL cars will can use of 1 set of Racing Medium tyre's. This also applies to the sprint races.
  • The use of the Racing Medium tyre's is optional.
  • During each sprint race, there will be a "Pit Window". This is where all cars must pit.
  • The Pit Window for each sprint race will announced in the race specific thread (here) in the week prior to the race.
  • If you damage your car and wish to pit, you may, however you can still only use 1 set of Racing Medium tyre's per race. you will also still have to pit in the window.
  • Failure to pit during the window in the sprint race or using more than 1 set of Racing Medium tyre's will result in an immediate disqualification.

important note:

• Make sure to stay on track at ALL times with at least 2 wheels touching white line / Red / White curb.
  • 1st turn is easy to misjudge. If you for some reason misjudge any corner, make sure to act in line with the GTP's OLR. Failing to do so will result in a penalty.
  • Pit lane: When entering the pits, make sure to slow down your car enough to ensure that the AI can control it without hitting walls, barriers etc.
  • You must also make sure to stay on the correct side of the pit line (entering and exiting). Failing to do so will not automaticly end up in a penalty. But if an incident is caused due to a driver crossing that line, the driver who crossed the line will in all cases be the quilty part.

Mixed Class - Formation lap procedure

• GT300's will sort their grid positions first. While GT300's sort their grid, GT500's DO NOT MOVE. GT300 cars move from the grid ONE by ONE in qualifying order.
  • The Pole car drives up and parks about 100 m (300 ft) ahead. (WHILE DOING SO, THE OTHER CARS DO NOT MOVE ONE INCH). As he pases the start line, the
  • next driver can move up, and so on. Once all cars are in the correct position and are NOT moving, the pole car may start the first of two formation laps. When
  • the first lap is completed, be sure to pass the parked GT500 pack with caution. As soon as the GT300 pack have passed the GT500 pack (It's not always that GT300's need to pass the GT500's to lead the formation lap, details will be provided by the host before race start), the GT500's may pull
  • away from the start line ONE by ONE in starting order. From here on, GT300's lead the formation lap, with GT500's about 45-60 seconds behind.
  • We use this procedure to try and ensure that all cars got a decent chance of completing the race before the timer (max 180 sec) runs out. By doing this, we
  • also get finishing times for (hopefully) all cars making any penalties incurred easier to apply.
  • With this in mind, follow the steps below:
  • First, you must remember your Grid Spot (Super Lap Qualifying).
  • Hold your positions when countdown reaches zero.
  • Cars will make their way ONE BY ONE to the front and roll as a separate pack.
  • Cars must roll at a maintained pace of 55 mph / 90 kmh.
  • Field will roll double file (Single file for the Nurburgring 24h race).
  • Odd numbers will start on the inside lane relative to turn 1.
  • Even numbers will stay on the outside lane (Opposite side).
  • The Pole sitter will decide the point at which the race starts as he approaches the start-finish line.
  • You must maintain a minimum of One car length between you and the car in front (same lane).
  • One car length is the minimum, meaning it's up to you how large the gap is.
  • You must always maintain FULL visual contact with the ahead of you (opposite lane).
  • You're front bumper must not overlap the rear bumper of the car ahead of you (oposite lane), doing so can be viewed as a false start and a penalty can be applied as a result.
  • You must wait for the car ahead of you (opposite lane) to accelerate before you do!
  • No passing before the start finish line! Penalties will be strictly enforced for false starts, illegal passing, and overall aggressive driving!
  • * In case of a disconnect during the formation lap; cars behind must maintain position and can NOT move up the grid. Doing so can result in a penalty for breach of "jump start".

S3PaBr2-1.png

.: CODE OF RACING CONDUCT & PENALTY SYSTEM :.

Click here and read!

You want to report an incident? Click here!

All penalty's will be provisional until the 4 C's have been completed by
the PURE Racing Evolution Group

"4 C's" process approach to resolving incidents - Contact, Check, Convene, and Convey.

Contact - we will contact all drivers involved. People will be told against PM'ing us, instead they will only need to fill out the report (which will be a Google docs sheet) then they'll need to wait for us to contact them.
Check - we will then follow up by checking available evidence, like replays, photos, stories, and comparing them for consistency.
Convene - it will be a rule that in order to complete the process we must get together with at least one more official to get their opinion and confirmation on findings or proposed action, we will not contact any drivers involved at this point.
Convey - we will contact the drivers involved and officiate the results or penalties and send the package to series heads for posting/archiving.​

jbq0zm.png

In association with PURE Racing Evolution ©

Last edited:
.: Announcement :.

Important

Go into the settings page between feature and sprint race is strictly prohibited.

The room steward must immediately disqualify any one going into settings and not allow them entry into the next race.
We encourage all of our drivers to photograph their screens by whatever means they have in order to prove that a driver has indeed gone into settings, going against fundamental rules of the series.
The photograph acts as a back-up in case a driver is wrongfully allowed entry into the next race.
Please do not complain to the steward during or after a race about an offending driver.
Simply send us the image of the infraction and we will disqualify the offending drivers.
This picture must be dated properly (automatically done by most cameras) and have the full screen in view in order to be used as evidence.

Formation Lap

Many of drivers seems stressed for the formation lap.
There is clearly no need to stress and drive perilously during the procedure.
Here is an example of a clean and cool formation lap.

Current Ballast

The top 4 points scorers from each round in each division will receive a Ballast Penalty
The Ballast Penalty will be handed out on provisional results
Time penalties and DQ's will be added afterwards
If drivers tie for points, the driver which placed highest in the main race will receive the higher ballast amount
The maximum ballast per car will be 140kg
Ballast will be removed 20kg at a time for finishes outside the top 4 point scorers
Both classes will have the same penalty

1st - 40kg
2nd - 30kg
3rd - 20kg
4th - 10kg

PAL Conference

#7 RFLXWidowmaker : Honda Arta NSX 1140kg - 594pp
#1 FAK_EV1L : Nissan Xanavi NISMO Z 1130kg - 605pp
#4 themainman1980 : Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GTR 1120kg - 595pp
#22 GTP_Biffy : Lexus Denso 1110kg - 598pp

#13 NEPALII : Autobacs Arta Garaiya 1215kg - 335hp - 528pp
#43 GTP_Cicua : RE Amemiya RX7 '04 1130kg - 325hp - 528pp
#31 MoIeman : AutobacsArta Garaiya 1195kg - 335hp - 529pp
#32 GTP_Josh-F : RE Amemiya RX7 '06 1110kg - 325hp - 529pp

NTSC Conference

#46 BORTECH : Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GTR 1140kg - 593pp
#49 GTP_L_Hamilton : Lexus Petronas 1130kg - 596pp
#47 Maxking39 : Nissan Motul AUTECH GTR 1150kg - 596pp
#51 MONSTAR-1 : Nissan Xanavi NISMO GTR 1110kg - 596pp

#70 GTP_CSL : Lexus Wedssport IS350 1190kg 355hp 546pp
#50 El_Aliens69 : Lexus Wedssport IS350 1180kg 355hp 547pp
#71 GTP_Erick : RE Amemiya RX7 '04 1120kg 325hp 528pp
#73 iforcev8 : Autobacs Arta Garaiya '03 1135kg 334hp 537pp

Class and conference switch

Everyone may switch conference or class 1 time this season, meaning if you do, you're stuck there for the whole season.
Car switching is an absolute no, under any and all circumstances. (obviously with a class change, car must be switched, and depending on the field, you may be forced to change cars if you switch conference, but will not be allowed to unless that car is taken.
Anyone that decides to switch a class/conference during the season, will have to forfeit every point they have acquired throughout the season at the point of change.

The "1 time change limit" is effective immediately for:

NEPALII - GT500 -> GT300 - Car: Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
Osr20_L - GT500 -> GT300 - Car: Lexus IS 350
Litchi - GT300 -> GT500 - Car: Nissan XANAVI GTR '08
Toyotsupra - GT300 -> GT500 - Car: Lexus Petronas SC 430 '08
El_Aliens69 - GT500 -> GT300 - Car: Lexus IS 350

Main Contacts

Litchi (Will): For all questions about signs up, OP's, sheets, schedule, links issues, penalties...

twistedfirework (Dave): For all questions about ballast rules and private lounges

CSLACR (Dom): For all questions about cars specs and penalties

GV27 (Álex): For all questions about penalties and Stewards job

Wardez (Edward): For all questions about PURE Sanctioned Orgazisation and penalty rules

Last edited:
With 10kg ballast, Lexus remains at 598PP, just so you're aware.

And if anyone is looking for a benchmark GT500 time, last season's pole lap, with faster specs, was 1'21.1xx, and I currently have a PB of 1'21.8xx, with time still to be gained.

Last edited:
Aw, thanks for putting up my video Litchi 👍

Biffy
With 10kg ballast, Lexus remains at 598PP, just so you're aware.

And if anyone is looking for a benchmark GT500 time, last season's pole lap, with faster specs, was 1'21.1xx, and I currently have a PB of 1'21.8xx, with time still to be gained.

Just out of interest, what pp does it have at 40kg , 30kg and 20kg ballast?

Can we get the lobbies reset to Laguna?This new bug keeps the tires temps low if the track is changed.

hey, one question. in our sprint, gt300 PAL Div 2, there was some confusion over starting on the mediums. toyotsupra stated we could not start on the mediums so we didn't, but I thought tire choice was completely open (between hard and Med) providing only 1 set of mediums is used per race?

cheers

Post that question to the correct specific race thread, this is for next week's.

Really no clue if my pace is good or not so far. Feel like I have an "ok" setup for the Garaiya now, it is stable and that is the main thing, as race pace and consistency is my main concern. It's obviously still very early in terms of Round 2, but what times are you GT300 people getting?

I've so far set a 1:25.952 without ballast, which I see is more or less identical to the time Aderrrm set in Season 2, so I assume that's good, but I can't remember if he got a quick lap or not in quali last season. With ballast I'm managing 1:26.2xx as a best time, even a small amount has quite a big effect around here it seems. It's quite an acceleration heavy circuit so that makes sense. At the moment if I managed a 1:26.3xx in quali I'd be ecstatic, a 1:26.5xx and I'd be happy.

Going to give testing a rest for now, but would be good to compare times, I'm not sure how much more I can get out of the car, feels like any more would have to be down to me as a driver.

Really no clue if my pace is good or not so far. Feel like I have an "ok" setup for the Garaiya now, it is stable and that is the main thing, as race pace and consistency is my main concern. It's obviously still very early in terms of Round 2, but what times are you GT300 people getting?

I've so far set a 1:25.952 without ballast, which I see is more or less identical to the time Aderrrm set in Season 2, so I assume that's good, but I can't remember if he got a quick lap or not in quali last season. With ballast I'm managing 1:26.2xx as a best time, even a small amount has quite a big effect around here it seems. It's quite an acceleration heavy circuit so that makes sense. At the moment if I managed a 1:26.3xx in quali I'd be ecstatic, a 1:26.5xx and I'd be happy.

Going to give testing a rest for now, but would be good to compare times, I'm not sure how much more I can get out of the car, feels like any more would have to be down to me as a driver.

Thanks for sharing this. I have something to aim at 👍

First session...

1.25.559 no ballast
1.25.958 +30kg

FWIW here is my setup (RX-7 '04):

Tranny:
Max speed 180 km/h (the minimum), then...
Final 3.400 for Fuji, adjust to per track to hit max speed in 6th around 7000-7500 rpm (so there is still space for some extra draft speed)

LSD: 8/11/8
Suspension:
10 / 10
18.8 / 17.5
8 / 9
9 / 8
6 / 5
2.0 / 1.0
0 / -0.10

ABS=1
Brakes 3/6 for quali, 2/5 or even 0/7 for race (to save front tyre wear)

If someone find this useful I would be proud, but I do not think much of my tuning skills.

Yeah, fun track :)

Edit: Did some practice, running 1:22.5xx which is not bad, working on setup still

why doc-shipman and me haven't points in "points total" ? you forget us ? :'(

First session...

1.25.559 no ballast
1.25.958 +30kg

FWIW here is my setup (RX-7 '04):

Tranny:
Max speed 180 km/h (the minimum), then...
Final 3.400 for Fuji, adjust to per track to hit max speed in 6th around 7000-7500 rpm (so there is still space for some extra draft speed)

LSD: 8/11/8
Suspension:
10 / 10
18.8 / 17.5
8 / 9
9 / 8
6 / 5
2.0 / 1.0
0 / -0.10

ABS=1
Brakes 3/6 for quali, 2/5 or even 0/7 for race (to save front tyre wear)

If someone find this useful I would be proud, but I do not think much of my tuning skills.

Thanks for sharing your set-up teammate. 👍
I like though CSLACR's easy 3-step transmission set-up due to it's simplicity and practicality. I will try your brake bias set-up, hopefully it will help. :)

why doc-shipman and me haven't points in "points total" ? you forget us ? :'(

No no, we don't forget anyone. Just read this post

And as ByGGy said we're still waiting for some results. If we don't receive all the results, we can't update the standings table...

Just to reply to Andil's request for times. Just jumped straight in my subaru '03 and within 5 laps ran a 1.26.557. As you can see from my qualifying at fuji, that should be relatively easy to beat :P

either that or laguna seca is actually a good track for me (which it sure as hell doesnt feel like :S) :lol:

Just about to toy with some settings and get a bit more from the car on this track as it's just a little *cough* different from fuji :D

Back