PURE | Congrat's to members going on to GT Academy National Finals!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 68 comments

Should CALM Le Mans 3 hours - Saturday, June 9th or Sunday, June 10th?

• Saturday, June 9th

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Sunday, June 10th

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez

Special thanks to Terronium-12 for the amazing feature on this week's Weekly Rewind news segment on the GTP blog!
https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanet-weekly-rewind-weekend-warriors/
Still lots of great things down the pipeline for us and GT so stay tune to the thread and our racing support site as it's being updated to keep track!

Please visit our website and forums at http://pure.gate19.net and help us out with a like on Facebook linked in the button above, thanks!

Welcome to PURE headquarters. This thread is for series racing under PURE backing, or sanctioning. You can apply for league membership, discuss all aspects of the organization, and find all information on PURE regulations here for easy access.

Any series, of any racing type, is able to apply for PURE sanctioning. The application form will be made soon. This is some of what we can provide to you:

• Less talking, more racing:
    Our main focus is support and we want to take the weight of dealing with points tables, on-track incidents, taking sign ups, dealing with regulations, off of the organizers, so they can go back to running the series and leave the rest to us and our automated systems (down with Google Docs!).

• Series incident marshaling, active support:
    We'll be providing a new incident report system for easy sorting and archiving of any racing incidents for any series that wishes to partner up with us. You'll have full access to our extremely experienced team of race stewards. The system will be worked through a penalty reporting form and database back-end. This database will only be vieweable by PURE officials in order to achieve the best possibly neutrality for your league. There's also a lighter form of incident penalty support that is moreof a filter process, we'll handle the low-level incidents and pass on only major incidents that need direct word from series heads.

• Active support community:
    By becoming a PURE league member, applying race organizers and select stewards will be allowed admission into PURE's private administration forum for anything from simple advice, series or incident breakdowns, promotion, administration management, requests, archives, sacrifice, as well as full automated league points tracking support and membership support.

• Adopt our penalty solving structure! Go ahead, we don't mind, just link us yeah? ;)
    The "4 C's" process approach to resolving incidents - Contact, Confirm, Convene, and Convey.
    Contact - contact all drivers involved. People will be told against PM'ing us, instead they will only need to fill out the PURE report form then they'll need to wait for us to contact them.
    Confirm - we will then follow up by confirming either the validity or proving wrong available evidence, like replays, photos, stories, and comparing them for consistency.
    Convene - it will be a rule that in order to complete the process we must get together with at least one more official to get their opinion and confirmation on findings or proposed action, we will not contact any drivers involved at this point.
    Convey - we will contact the drivers involved and officiate the results or penalties and send the package to series heads for posting/archiving.

• We can provide our penalty systems that are currently in use at various PURE Sanctioned series for easy and effective penalties for disciplining bad driving. We have two types of penalty sets, active and passive. Active means the penalties are handed out directly after racing rounds, before the following round takes place - Passive penalty systems only dock points or places at the end of a season.

• We'll be establishing a place for all replays from races to be posted for easy access by every one. We want to make it a rule that every authorized race host must know how to upload a replay and it will be mandatory for them to post up their replay and are encouraged to find an alternative replay from another region (so if the host is NTSC they'll be encouraged to find a PAL driver to post their replay as well.

• We'll also provide driver coaching, pre-race and post-race, for anyone that needs it. This will either through clarifying rules or on-track driving critique through PM's and demonstrations.

• We can also provide series with our official parity specifications within GT5. We now have added newly formed Le Mans, GT4, GT3, GTE Pro (GT2), GT300, and Grand-Am specifications. Inquire through PM.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PureRacingEvolutionFanpage
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pureracingevolution

Last edited:
Main contacts, heads of PURE SB:
Edward Gomez - Wardez (https://www.facebook.com/Deargomez - Deargomez@gmail.com)
Dennis Hörtin - Denilson

Official PURE stewards, please don't contact them unless they're directly involved in your case (all qualified officials who are authorized to take on incidents and make decisions):

There are now three types of Pure official:
Marshal - our eyes in the race and what used to be known as qualifying "stewards." They can report incidents they are not involved in. All officials above this position are also considered acting Marshals in that they can also run qualifying sessions.

;Biffy (GTP_Biffy)
;carracerptp(carracerptp)
;DA6righthand (DA6righthand)
;Green (GTP_GREEN)
;Iforcev8 (iforcev8)
;Josh_F (Josh_F_1998)
;joshua1994 (joshua1994)
;Michouw94 (GTP_MichMich)
;MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242)
;OwensRacing (OwensRacing)
;Paginas1 (Paginas)
;Petros (tpe_rus)
;R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo)
;Sail IC (johnkiller2)
;SG15 (SG15)
;WiiFreak (WiiFreak)
;will-i-am (Trajikone)

Steward - only a select few number of members that will work with each other in order to investigate and settle matters of incidents during races, if a steward is involved in the incident the rest of us will make a new thread in which we will debate the details without them. They were chosen by experience and able dedication and the list can change at any time. Contact them or the Core members in order to follow up on your incidents during racing.
;Aderrrm (GTP_Aderrrm)
;cicua (cicua)
;CSL (GTP_CSL)
;ealirendur (GTP_ealirendur)
;outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc)
;GV27 (GV27-)
;paulmac2k9 (GTP_PaulMac)
;RIP_Welsh_Don (GTP_Welsh-Bain)
;SuperSic (tony1311)​

Core members - these are your administrators, have final say on all incidents (again, unless they're involved in one of them), and dedicate themselves to driving the future of Pure in its racing and its expansion. In JGTS we will be the rule makers, discipliners, and will be the ones responsible for completing all penalty reviews for a race and posting the summary for them in the main GTP thread.

;Dennis (chorda)
;Dr_Watson (TnJF)
;Twistedfirework (GTP_Twist)
;Wardez (Wardez)
;outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc)​

Last edited:
PURE Incident Penalty Outline (PURE IPO)

Note: this penalty set is geared toward serious championship series that contend with heavy damage and have race distances of around one hour. They may be modified to suit light-damage series or various race distances to scale time penalties accordingly.

Objective:
The focus of this penalty set is to encourage good sportsmanship behavior on track. It gives the opportunity to the drivers that commit the offences to "right their wrongs" during a race in order to reach compromise instantly and avoid the necessity of review and deliberation. Simply waiting for the driver you faulted to reclaim their position relative to you before an incident shall suffice in correcting the mistake, most of the time.

/Incident Penalty Outline /
Time penalties
1 - Using an illegal car specification - Disqualification
2 - Over-stepping more than two tires past track boundaries more than three times during a race - 30 seconds
3 - Disregarding pre-defined 'hard' boundaries such as pit lane entry and exit markings - 10 seconds
4 - False race start/Jump start - 20 seconds
5 - Avoidable contact resulting in lost time and not yielding position back to victim * - 50 seconds
6 - Avoidable contact resulting in damage - 40 seconds
7 - Illegal blocking/blue flag rule/forcing drivers off track** - 30 seconds
8 - Not yielding position(s) gained through course cutting - 40 seconds
9 - Rejoining track from out of bounds resulting in blocking race traffic - 20 seconds
10 - Sustained aggressive driving during race *** - First detailed warning
11 - Committing any offense while under probation - Championship disqualification

How to self-serve or otherwise resolve the incidents during the race, effectively ridding or severely reducing penalties, classifying the accident a racing incident
1 - Not applicable.
2 - Let off the throttle by at least 50% for at least 3 seconds after cutting, do more so at your own discretion if a more severe cut has taken place.
3 - See 2. If cutting on pit entry, simply either hold yourself in the pit stall for three seconds after release (use the start button) or give a slow start coming out of the pits by using less than 50% throttle for at least 3 seconds.
4 - Either get back in line or give back positions gained. If you caused the field to al jump start in a mess, the formation lap must be reformed and corrected on the next lap.
5 - Wait for the victim to re-gain control and start again behind them. You are not to attempt a re-pass until going past two major (numbered) corners.
6 - Wait for the victim to re-gain control and start again behind them. You are not to attempt a re-pass until going past two major (numbered) corners.
7 - Wait for the victim to re-gain control and start again behind them. You are not to attempt a re-pass until going past two major (numbered) corners.
8 - Allow the driver to safely re-take their position before the following lap ends.
9 - Allow all drivers past and start behind them. (See #5)
10 - If it’s apparent enough to the driver, simply serving a self-sustained 15 second pit box hold penalty will resolve the issue on track.
11. Not applicable

*The rule for yielding positions is that you must wait for the car you affected to rejoin or otherwise reorient themselves into the race on track no matter how long it takes for them to do so. Once they are on an effective course either to continue the race or make their way to pit lane for repairs you are allowed to overtake normally as per OLR rules.

**Blue flag rules state that lapped drivers, in the same class, must do their best to allow the leaders an unobstructed racing line. If the lapping car approaches the back-marker during mid-corner or if in a group of multiple back-markers then they must be treated the same as in a mixed class race with said driver(s) being the lower class - this means the lapping driver must follow basic multi-class racing etiquette, allow the drivers to hold regular lines and overtake at the safest following opportunity.

*** Being warned the second time will incur a championship points penalty of a value equal to 7th place position in the championship. A third warning will put the driver in probation therein by committing any subsequent offence will cause them disqualification from the championship.

Last edited:
Thanks Alex, you're definitely a good one to be counted on. It's the core group that makes the model shine :) 👍

hah, now that I think of it again, I should just post it. If there was a crown of PURE, JGTS and FMSC would be the two jewels :D.

I know we have enough of them already, but anyone thought about a SuperGT series based on the standard cars? There's quite a selection to choose from...

yes, I've actually gave that a thought the other day.. Thing is that I'm kind of want to leave the SGT's for a while, but I still want to race SGTish cars..

So what did I come up with?

A dream car series with cars limited to 30/55 DF, and around the 600 pp mark..

Ford GT40 Test Car Spec I
Ford GT40 Test Car Spec II
Corvette Z06 RM
Corvette ZR1 RM
Corvette C5R
Viper Team Oreca
Camaro RM
Challanger RM
Pagani Zonda R
BMW M3 GT-R Race Car
Audi A4 DTM Touring Car
Audi R8 LMS
Toyota YELLOWHAT YMS SUPRA
Honda RAYBRIG NSX
Nissan GT-R R32 TC
Nissan GT-R R35 TC

I got a few more up my sleve.. So what do you think?

I know we have enough of them already, but anyone thought about a SuperGT series based on the standard cars? There's quite a selection to choose from...
I have very much. I have lots of testing and trials in mind for every single GT500 car in the game. (though primarily standards, since I've gotten to know the premiums so well by now)

The gt40 test car is in a league of its own.
It is phenomenal.
But I'd love to race with it, too. Great car.

I have very much. I have lots of testing and trials in mind for every single GT500 car in the game. (though primarily standards, since I've gotten to know the premiums so well by now)

I thought about starting up a league using them, but then comes the issue of there being so many SuperGT leagues already that it might get lost in the shuffle.

So I'll just sit here and wait for someone to take my idea. :lol:

Edit: FMSC thread should be up in about a week. I'm pretty excited about what it's looking like so far. Should be rather tasty. :P

yes, I've actually gave that a thought the other day.. Thing is that I'm kind of want to leave the SGT's for a while, but I still want to race SGTish cars..

Corvette Z06 RM
Corvette ZR1 RM
Corvette C5R
Viper Team Oreca
Camaro RM
Challanger RMNot enough DF, burns rear tires
Pagani Zonda R
BMW M3 GT-R Race Car
Audi A4 DTM Touring Car
Audi R8 LMS
Toyota YELLOWHAT YMS SUPRA SGT car
Honda RAYBRIG NSXSGT car
Nissan GT-R R32 TC
Nissan GT-R R35 TC

That's exactly what I think, by the way. :D

Will there be ballast penalties?

Last edited:

Corvette Z06 RM
Corvette ZR1 RM
Corvette C5R
Viper Team Oreca
Camaro RM
Challanger RM
Pagani Zonda R
BMW M3 GT-R Race Car
Audi A4 DTM Touring Car
Audi R8 LMS
Toyota YELLOWHAT YMS SUPRA
Honda RAYBRIG NSX
Nissan GT-R R32 TC
Nissan GT-R R35 TC

This is what the list looks like for now.
Dom, I know that I had 2 SGT's in the list, but I want them there. I want the cars available to be a mix of the finest GT5 have to offer.

But, for now, the Camaro and Challanger are out. The BMW M3 is also not possible to get on par.
I'm not sure about the A4 DTM car either. I have not yet tested it.

The rest of the cars is limited to 35/60 DF at the moment.
Weight between 1270-1300 kg.
Bhp around 630ish..

Cars will be faster with less grip than the SGT's we're currently racing. But with the skill of the PURE drivers, I'm sure it will be successful as soon as we get a few practice runs in the cars.

I'm def going for the Zonda R, or one of the GT40's.. Perhaps the Corvette C5R..

From what I'm told, the '03 Takata NSX will blow the doors of any premium NSX, with the added benefit it hasn't been used so much.

I'll dig around and look for some others, in case any more don't work out though.👍

Current car list..

Corvette Z06 RM
Corvette ZR1 RM
Corvette C5R
Viper Team Oreca
Pagani Zonda R
Audi A4 DTM Touring Car
Audi R8 LMS
Honda RAYBRIG NSX
Nissan GT-R R32 TC
Nissan GT-R R35 TC
Lamborghini Diablo GT-1
BMW McLaren Race Car.

Last edited:
Wardez, here's a quick photo that goes along with that idea I pitched the other night. These cars are super close, literally every track I tested them at they were within .150 seconds of each other.

v8super_1.png

Just because one of the cars in that picture is in that series doesn't mean you should imply the idea is already taken ;)

Have you guys thought about a series where there are separate championships for DS3 users and Wheel users, but they all drive in the same race, maybe in the same car or in different classes, something like that. And then, at the end of the series, the DS3 Champ is pitted against the Wheel Champ. The idea is a bit muddled and not very detailed, with a lot more thought put into it I reckon it could be quite interesting.

Just because one of the cars in that picture is in that series doesn't mean you should imply the idea is already taken ;)

Both cars actually.

Have you guys thought about a series where there are separate championships for DS3 users and Wheel users, but they all drive in the same race, maybe in the same car or in different classes, something like that. And then, at the end of the series, the DS3 Champ is pitted against the Wheel Champ. The idea is a bit muddled and not very detailed, with a lot more thought put into it I reckon it could be quite interesting.
Interesting concept, it's just some of the faster DS3 users would be in the same car at the same speed as the wheel users, but not actually racing them, it could get a little confusing, maybe if they were in different races, like a second division, but based on controller instead of actual skill level.

This.

My idea goes with the Holden vs. Ford thing, except with Mercedes vs. Lexus in a one-on-one fight and running under the V8 Supercars banner.

Completely different IMO. :)

Edit: Logo. :D

v8super_logo.png

Last edited:
Back