The Photomode Awards - Spring 2012

Ferrari_458

Premium
England
Cumbria
Thomas_George
photomodeawards.png

Welcome, one and all, to the inaugural Photomode Awards!

It is my pleasure to be hosting this special event designed to reward the very best of the Photomode community. So, without further ado, I'll introduce the categories being contested this time around:

bestphotographer.png

besteditedphoto.png

bestunedited.png

bestphotoset.png
bestgallery.png

bestnewphotogapher.png

bestphotoeditor.png

bestphotoshopper.png

mostinfluencial.png

criticschoice.png

specialrecognition.png

Nominations are now open!

This means that you can nominate people and pictures that you think deserve to win the Award in each category, in all the categories you are eligible to vote for.

Rules

• You must only nominate one person/photo in each category.
  • You must not nominate yourself.
  • Nominations should be PM’ed to me (Ferrari_458) and NOT posted in this thread or discussed elsewhere.
  • You do not have to nominate in every category.
  • It would be helpful if nominations could have links provided with them, although this is not vital.
  • Once you have nominated, you may not change your nominations, so think carefully before committing.
  • Only photos first shown publically before 7/2/12 are eligible for nominations.
  • Do not try to sway other members to nominate you.
  • The 5 most nominated people/photos will make it through to the voting stage. In the event of a tie for 5th place in terms of nominations, all nominations tied for 5th place will make it through to the voting stage.
  • Nominations will close at 19/2/12. The final nominations which you will then be able to vote for will then be released.
  • You are eligible to nominate and vote in the Critic’s Choice category only if you have won two or more times in any of the 5 recognised competitions (PMC, 2.0, CCCL, Secret Santa, Photoshop) One win in two different competitions is fine. Critic's Choice refers to a photo, not a person
  • A new photographer is someone whose gallery was started after the 1/11/11
  • Best Photo Editor, is for enhancements, Best Photoshopper is for edits beyond enhancements, such as putting cars into GT5 scenery, or creating magazine covers etc.
  • The Special Recognition Award does not need nominations or a vote this time, as it is fairly obvious who this needs to go to.. ;)
Click THIS link to send in your nominations

Please help to make this a fun, fair and enjoyable event for everyone involved, and please don't hate on me if you are not nominated, I have no say in the decisions ;) Prize cars will be released later

Thank you all in advance, and thanks especially to Gtuned for making the excellent banners, and Fido_le_muet for helping come up with categories.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Great set up 👍 The only thing is having people pick 5 of the same photos/galleries/sets/anything seems a little hard. Maybe include them all ?

Nice presentation Ferrari and nice banners! I believe Gtuned has something to do with them ;)

I'm gonna start browsing through galleries here and on flickr to see what and who I'll nominate. I already have a few ideas though.
I think this is going to be great ! Again, excellent idea Ferrari. 👍

Fun fun. I don't understand what you meant for special recognition award though. What is that category for? Also, for Critics Choice, is that a vote for a particular photo or a particular photographer?

Last edited:
Special Recognition is for someone who has been a long servant to the Photomode community, consistently producing outstanding amazing works and organising the whole community. For example at this years BRIT awards, the outstanding contribution to music is going to Blur. Its the same kind of idea as that.

Also, Gtuned and Crushed, I don't particularly get what you mean, although thats probably just me being slow :lol:

Also, Gtuned and Crushed, I don't particularly get what you mean, although thats probably just me being slow :lol:

Well, with people submitting their nominations, they all have different tastes, so the likelyhood of 5 people voting for the same gallery, shot, or anything for that matter will be a bit hard with all of the choices out there. So I think all the nominations should be put in, to increase the chances of there actaully being a poll :lol:

Well, with people submitting their nominations, they all have different tastes, so the likelyhood of 5 people voting for the same gallery, shot, or anything for that matter will be a bit hard with all of the choices out there. So I think all the nominations should be put in, to increase the chances of there actaully being a poll :lol:

I was going to go for the 5 most nominated, not ones with 5 or more votes :lol: But from the few nominations I've had so far, it is looking like everything will be different, so the likelihood is that every nomination will go into the voting stage..

I was going to go for the 5 most nominated, not ones with 5 or more votes :lol: But from the few nominations I've had so far, it is looking like everything will be different, so the likelihood is that every nomination will go into the voting stage..
:dopey: I meant nominations. But yeah I'm guessing it's quite a wierd pattern :lol:

Nice setup F_458. 👍 This is going to be very interesting. :)

Oh and by the way you have on your banners "Best New Photogapher" and "Most Influencial Photogapher".
I think you mean "Photographer" (also influencial is spelt influential) ;)

EDIT: Would also like clarification as to what we are voting for in Critics Choice - Photo, Gallery, Photographer?

Last edited:

Oh and by the way you have on your banners "Best New Photogapher" and "Most Influencial Photogapher".
I think you mean "Photographer" (also influencial is spelt influential) ;)
DAMNIT DYSLEXIA. :ouch:

I don't know nobody really yet.
I am still fairly new and haven't yet looked at what most other people have done. :indiff:

I don't think I will nominate anyone, because my nominations probably wouldn't be fairly judged, since I don't really know people yet.

I don't know nobody really yet.
I am still fairly new and haven't yet looked at what most other people have done. :indiff:

I don't think I will nominate anyone, because my nominations probably wouldn't be fairly judged, since I don't really know people yet.

Same here. I'll be voting on the finallists though.

@Nato: Critic's Choice is for a photo, sorry for not making that clear
@slzk: Nope, just the ones you can think of a deserving winner :)

At least 2 wins? Lol ive havent won any, i have yet to make it into a poll.

Nuuuu.... Theres goes my vote xD

Any restrictions to when the photographer/gallery was active the last time?

You should click on the enter key between best photo set and best gallery. :P

I've been away for some months, so I don't really know who to vote for.
And just a quick suggestion, it would be cool for this to be a season event for each season (spring, summer, autumn and winter). Just an idea. ;)

It lives!

*Slip rushes home to update his gallery*

:lol:

Looks good 458, I'll be sending in my nominations within a day or so :cheers:

You should click on the enter key between best photo set and best gallery. :P

I've been away for some months, so I don't really know who to vote for.
And just a quick suggestion, it would be cool for this to be a season event for each season (spring, summer, autumn and winter). Just an idea. ;)

That pretty much corresponds to Ferrari_458's statement (in this thread):

[...]

I thought it could be maybe every 3 or 4 months if it takes off, or happens at all.

[...]

I, personally, like this idea. ;)

I have sent my nominations. I tried to choose with as much diversity as possible, but still it was really hard because some great ones were left out.

Good luck all, and great work Ferrari 👍

I have sent my nominations for the Grammy Oscar Teens Choice GTP Photomode Awards. :D

Just updated the rules to clear one thing up: Critic's Choice is a photo not a person, which I didn't seem to make clear before :ouch:

@Sir Tuddle: That only means you can't nominate in Critic's Choice :sly:

I also rather like the idea of a monthly competitions, maybe then seasonal categories like "Best Summery Shot" could be ran in future awards.. :)

Also, I am going away for a week tomorrow, so if I don't get back to you on any questions, I am very sorry, but I will try if I manage to find wi-fi :P

i have one moar question , if i nomate someone for "insert category" do i have to link a pic of his work ? or is his name enough ?

i r confused like confucius ..

i have one moar question , if i nomate someone for "insert category" do i have to link a pic of his work ? or is his name enough ?

i r confused like confucius ..

it says it in the rules, 5th bullet

REally hard to pick only one per category.....:ill:

I think I need a few hours for this. But great work F_458:tup:

just sent my list , but i would have liked to have at every categorya Top 3 or something like that . to choose only one person is not easy and maybe not fair .

Back