CLOSED: POLL: PTournament: Round 1 - PMC side

Portugal
Lisboa

54119771.jpg

First round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either: PMC or 2.0

PMC
[Click to raise dashboard]

pmcmatch1.jpg

Show how GT Academy tries to project their drivers into the top of the class.
CARS: GT Academy Car and a Gran Turismo sponsored GT or LMP Car from the 2000's or higher
LOCATIONS: Real World Circuit
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Both cars must be seen.

pmcmatch2.jpg

Use the Formula GT or Formula 1 cars and capture your ultimate Formula moment
CARS: Formula GT, F10 '10, F2007
LOCATIONS: World Tracks (non fictional)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Se above.

pmcmatch3.jpg

Focus on BOB helmet
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Focus must be on BOB helmet.

pmcmatch4.jpg

Shot must include two cars of the same model, one standard, the other premium. For example, a standard S2000 and a premium S2000. Trim and year do not matter, just same make and model.
CARS: Any that have a standard as well as premium variant
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Two cars must be seen.

pmcmatch5.jpg

Show off a V8 powered car.
CARS: Any V8 powered car
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

pmcmatch6.jpg

All 4 wheels have to be in the air.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: All wheels in the air, the highest possible.

pmcmatch7.jpg

Take a shot of the interior of a car.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:Interior must be the main focus.

pmcmatch8.jpg

What a ninja, Batman or any covert type person would drive
CARS: Black Cars
LOCATIONS: Night Tracks
PHOTOTRAVEL: Night Locations
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

pmcmatch9.jpg

Show those circular rear-lights
CARS: Any with circular break light
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Focus must be on the rear lights.

pmcmatch10.jpg

Show extremely tight and intense racing whether it's side by side, avoiding a crash or fighting with another driver.
PHOTOTRAVEL: Any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must show racing intensity.

pmcmatch11.jpg

Cars made on the same years as you were born
CARS: Any car made in the same year as you were born

pmcmatch12.jpg

A shot from a car kicking sand, water or grass over another car

pmcmatch13.jpg

cphbullet - Take a shot of any supercar (Scary Monsters)
Boabdulrahman - Take a shot of any hot hatch/sport car
CARS: Any supercar, hot hatch/sport car

pmcmatch14.jpg

Inspired by the Judas Priest song... some of you may remember it from GT3. Take a picture of any turbocharged car.
CARS: Any turbocharged
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must be turbocharged from factory.

pmcmatch15.jpg

A GT series staple, show off the license tests!
CARS: Any from license test
LOCATIONS: Any from license test
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Shot from license test.

pmcmatch16.jpg

The Chaparral 2J was a radical concept, which was unfortunately banned from racing. Fortunately it's preserved in GT5.
CARS: Chaparral 2J
LOCATIONS: Laguna Seca, Monza, Nurburgring, Circuit de la Sarthe.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The shot must also feature any other race car from the 1960's or 1970's.

ruleshz.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You can vote in as many entries you want;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • Do not tell which is your photo until poll closes;
  • Only the 32 most voted will get through next round
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will be the deciding factor;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;
  • If there is any problem, regarding entries, please, report to me via P.M.

deadlineatnakl.jpg

Last edited:
For everyone who is new to this: It is easy to figure out whose is whose this time. Remember to vote for only 1 photo out of each pairing. You can vote for the themes you like as well and it's encouraged. It is best to view the full size version of each entry before voting. And it's accepted to say you really like a shot but try to hold the critiquing to a minimum until after the polls have closed.

Best Wishes everyone!

I'm not sure whether this can be changed or not (not that it's that big of a deal), but my username is spelled incorrectly on the bracket. The b at the beginning should be capitalised.

For everyone who is new to this: It is easy to figure out whose is whose this time.

Wouldn't it be interesting to PM everyone their theme and not tell them who they are up against. That would bring anonymity back to the tourney.

I'm not sure whether this can be changed or not (not that it's that big of a deal), but my username is spelled incorrectly on the bracket. The b at the beginning should be capitalised.

Sorry. I can't change it now, but I'll take into account in round 2. ;)

What, I think people started doing that during the last tourney, you gotta show some love for the banners as well. :lol:

It doesn't really surprise me, to be honest. I wasn't around here for the last tourney, so I'm a bit new to it.

Seeing as the poll is up, I can now show which photo I would've entered:

k6lyx4nxpzzsfah3bah0.jpg

Damn, why did I have to send the wrong one?

Just something I have noticed already, it says there has been 22 voters but not all the groups add up to 22 votes :confused: Come on guys/gals please try and remember to vote for all of the pairs before clicking the vote button!

Just something I have noticed already, it says there has been 22 voters but not all the groups add up to 22 votes :confused: Come on guys/gals please try and remember to vote for all of the pairs before clicking the vote button!

Shoosh you! I mess up.

My vote in round 1 goes to ijkhk4, it was my theme even :lol:

@tonilleshusband: :bowdown:

but, how? Where or what is that red eye?

I think it is a Ford GT (#1) parked behind another Ford GT (#2) and then shown via a reflection in the (#2) Ford GT's light. And I'll fully agree, that is a fantastic and incredibly creative entry. :bowdown:

I think it is a Ford GT (#1) parked behind another Ford GT (#2) and then shown via a reflection in the (#2) Ford GT's light. And I'll fully agree, that is a fantastic and incredibly creative entry. :bowdown:

Here is how I did it:

I had my beautiful wife (Tonille, if you hadn't guessed) park my yellow Ford GT
at the end of the SS Route straight, with the brakes on. I then took my red GT and plowed into the back of it at 200+ MPH. I got really close to the taillight of the red moving GT and locked my focus (at F45) onto the yellow stationary GT. The effect at 1/60 shutter speed is that of light burn from the red GT while the yellow GT shows up in the non lit up portion of the red GT taillight because I am close enough to the red GT to make the car, but not the burn disappear.

And I needed to pull that out of my butt. Bluck Boster's shot is awesome - I love that mirrored road surface you get with head and tail light reflections. Kudos to BB for an amazing closeup.

Here is how I did it:

at the end of the SS Route straight, with the brakes on. I then took my red GT and plowed into the back of it at 200+ MPH. I got really close to the taillight of the red moving GT and locked my focus (at F45) onto the yellow stationary GT. The effect at 1/60 shutter speed is that of light burn from the red GT while the yellow GT shows up in the non lit up portion of the red GT taillight because I am close enough to the red GT to make the car, but not the burn disappear.

And I needed to pull that out of my butt. Bluck Boster's shot is awesome - I love that mirrored road surface you get with head and tail light reflections. Kudos to BB for an amazing closeup.

Interesting and impressive! 👍

TH's has given such a clever shot, superbly composed 👍

@Beeblebrox, Thanks:cheers:

Cars do not reflect on each other.

tonilleshusband
tonilleshusband

And seeing how you did it, impressive. Here I've been playing with various filters and darkening images and working over the f stop, and you're doing that :lol:

Here is how I did it:

The work of a genius!

Congrats, Lellep. :grumpy:
Lost within the first few hours of the poll :( Seems like I have made the wrong decision.

Back