CLOSED POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition 68 (W: bmxmitch)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 60 comments

THEME: Legends

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk68.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by nanabu:

"Take the legends to the legendary tracks; as an example, GT-R R35 to the 'Ring or the Ferrari 330 P4 to Monza or Audi R10 TDI on 24 Heures Du Mans and so on .. you decide the weather and time of the track."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: World Circuits only
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No in-game filters, must be single-car shots

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

Damnit, didn't make the poll again. I even went for a more balanced image after the over-exposed shot from last week!

Any pointers guys? I seem to be getting worse and worse :indiff:

feedback for maybe every entry will be published tonight , if i get home .

cheers

Feedback, please?
(Hey, I just added a 'please'! :D)

I know this is 🤬, but I'd like some feedback on this.

Last edited:
The Mercedes-Benz CLK LM and the Peugeot 906 Race Car pics are the best and my vote went to peugeot.

I seem to be getting worse and worse :indiff:

I wouldn't say this. It's the other way around. The others get better and better. ;)

Also guys, nanabu already said he gives feedback later if he's home. So just be patient and give him some time. It's also not his duty to give feedback to everyone.....but I think we already had this talk. ;)

One of the pictures wont load for me its between the 69 camaro and the GTR, is that Primus' GT40? If not where is it?

Didn't make it, not surprised.
Maybe all you crying for feedback should take a look at your shot, then the polls and figure it out yourself.
Sound's dickish, but it's really true.

The amount of people just posting their photo with the word 'Feedback' is astonishing. People could at least have the decency to ask for it nicely or add something else to their reply to add to the topic!

The amount of people just posting their photo with the word 'Feedback' is astonishing. People could at least have the decency to ask for it nicely or add something else to their reply to add to the topic!
QFT.
Not even asking politely, just demanding is quite annoying. They seem to fill up the poll's thread every week.

It's a strange trend, one that only started with GT5: while people would ask for feedback in GT4, it was far less frequent, typically more polite, and didn't take up the majority of the poll thread's discussion. I don't typically give much feedback on my poll selections since I feel, for 90% of those asking, an honest comparison between their image and the poll images is usually enough. There are exceptions, of course: Moglet, I can tell you that you were one of the last to be cut, going by Nanabu's PM, for example. I'm sure he'll cover why, though :)

I just could not resist...

~EDIT~ My second pick would have been bmxmitch's entry. :)

Last edited:

Things certainly changed around here since the good ol days. I thought you had a great shot which I told you, and I'm pretty sure I would have put you in the poll. I didn't make the poll sometimes either now, but the overall quality of everyone improved, plus there are more people participating than before.

One thing I feel why people ask feedback so often is because sometimes they just want some sort of acknowledgment. Honestly that might sounds pathetic and whiny but after a few weeks of entries into these comps with good shots and nobody commenting or giving any feedback can discourage some. I know I've been there and I've stopped a while because I thought no one was caring but I know now that if i kept going at it I'd improve, which I think , I hope I did. :D

Well that's my two cents. Or it could just be a case of monkey see monkey do :lol:

first of all , if you believe you are not so skilled you should visit this link and view every winner and compare them with your entry .

and now to the actually important side . it wasn´t easy for me to judge .. yes i won already a few times somewhere else but this was my first 2.0 win and iam glad it is over .

i felt a little bit disappointed by Moglet and Gtuned because you both are probably the very best of the best on Gtplanet and your entry was not good enough for 2.0 . it was lacking of creativity and even the editing was not top-notch :/

this is my original PM to kyle aka god aka SlipZtrEm

"hey Kyle ,

well this is my top 15

FishyJuice #4
Fyshokid #10
zambuca #19
CCShaft7 #32
bmxmitch #36
Fido_le_muet #44
Aleman #48
Boabdulrahman #73
DarkR #74
Dolp #80
Rpanico14 #82
Andrea #88
CellingFan #102
Nato_777 #124
SmFan #140

top 20 is added with these 5 ... i hope these 5 are added to the poll and we have a top 20 because they are also AWESOME!

cheers mate

kind regards , Nanabu

Stiggy #110
PrimusOrtus #28
Zerox #27
Moglet #53
NBDESIGNZ #79 "

well these entries are still good but not my taste or maybe still needs some more effort like editing or camera angle or ...

Wallbreaker #121
Ironbash #101
gtsteviiee #65
RedSuns-Ryuu #25

Aragam #35 <-- your entry was actually very good in the first place but i think you added some "noise" and that was just too much sry mate .

the 3 guys with the "destroyed" entry
McZachenF138 #99
MusicalArtist #105
GT HP Nut #93

too much editing is just too much .

now to everyone who came back from the hall of fame ... if you are using photoshop or any other editing software .. grab a beer sit down and view some tutorials on youtube , i don´t mean it in a bad way like you **** no i hope you understand that 2.0 is like formula 1 and if you take part in here you better work on your editing skills and view some tutorials here on gtplanet .

[GUIDE] Make the most of the GT5 Camera v2.1

[GUIDE] GT5 Photomode Tutorial - The Lab Method [All Secrets Disclosed]

[GUIDE] SlipShots Tutorials: Particle Clean-up!

[GUIDE] Moglet's Photomode Guide [v1.1 Editing - Colour Balance]

thank you

Nanabu

I don't know why, but I just smiled when I saw I was in the 'destroyed' list :lol:
Thanks nanabu for the feedback!

Great poll Nanabu - loads of realism in many of those shots. Congratulations to those who made the poll. :)

first of all , if you believe you are not so skilled you should visit this link and view every winner and compare them with your entry .

and now to the actually important side . it wasn´t easy for me to judge .. yes i won already a few times somewhere else but this was my first 2.0 win and iam glad it is over .

i felt a little bit disappointed by Moglet and Gtuned because you both are probably the very best of the best on Gtplanet and your entry was not good enough for 2.0 . it was lacking of creativity and even the editing was not top-notch :/

this is my original PM to kyle aka god aka SlipZtrEm

"hey Kyle ,

well this is my top 15

FishyJuice #4
Fyshokid #10
zambuca #19
CCShaft7 #32
bmxmitch #36
Fido_le_muet #44
Aleman #48
Boabdulrahman #73
DarkR #74
Dolp #80
Rpanico14 #82
Andrea #88
CellingFan #102
Nato_777 #124
SmFan #140

top 20 is added with these 5 ... i hope these 5 are added to the poll and we have a top 20 because they are also AWESOME!

cheers mate

kind regards , Nanabu

Stiggy #110
PrimusOrtus #28
Zerox #27
Moglet #53
NBDESIGNZ #79 "

well these entries are still good but not my taste or maybe still needs some more effort like editing or camera angle or ...

Wallbreaker #121
Ironbash #101
gtsteviiee #65
RedSuns-Ryuu #25

Aragam #35 <-- your entry was actually very good in the first place but i think you added some "noise" and that was just too much sry mate .

the 3 guys with the "destroyed" entry
McZachenF138 #99
MusicalArtist #105
GT HP Nut #93

too much editing is just too much .

now to everyone who came back from the hall of fame ... if you are using photoshop or any other editing software .. grab a beer sit down and view some tutorials on youtube , i don´t mean it in a bad way like you **** no i hope you understand that 2.0 is like formula 1 and if you take part in here you better work on your editing skills and view some tutorials here on gtplanet .

[GUIDE] Make the most of the GT5 Camera v2.1

[GUIDE] GT5 Photomode Tutorial - The Lab Method [All Secrets Disclosed]

[GUIDE] SlipShots Tutorials: Particle Clean-up!

[GUIDE] Moglet's Photomode Guide [v1.1 Editing - Colour Balance]

thank you

Nanabu

Honest. I like that.
Btw, about the top 20, dontcha guys think it might be appropriate to change the 2.0 rules and make 'em polls a bit bigger? IMO top 20 is just the right number. With all the problems it may bring, I think now is right time to think about it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback nanabu, it looks like I'll just have to step my game up even further for this week! :P

Didn't make it, not surprised.
Maybe all you crying for feedback should take a look at your shot, then the polls and figure it out yourself.
Sound's dickish, but it's really true.
I realise my shot is not usually anywhere near the quality of those in the poll, but I like getting feedback from experienced photographers as it helps me improve.
I hope I'm not too rude...

On that note, could I please have some feedback on my entry:

On that note, could I please have some feedback on my entry:

Personally I really like it. The car is well positioned within the frame, the lighting is really nicely chosen and the composition is great; the way the stands lead your eye across the image is excellent. The only thing letting it down for me is the watermark. It's not often left on the photo in the 2.0 contest as it can be quite distracting.

IMO it's actually better than some of the photos that made it into the poll but I'm not the judge!

Personally I really like it. The car is well positioned within the frame, the lighting is really nicely chosen and the composition is great; the way the stands lead your eye across the image is excellent. The only thing letting it down for me is the watermark. It's not often left on the photo in the 2.0 contest as it can be quite distracting.

IMO it's actually better than some of the photos that made it into the poll but I'm not the judge!

Thank you. In fact it is unedited save for the grass in the foreground, which I blurred using photobucket's low tech editing software. You're right that I should have removed the watermark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back