Guinness World Records - It could be you!

• Thread starter Jenny GWR
  • 117 comments
United Kingdom
London
Are you a potential record breaker?

Guinness World Records is on the lookout for extreemly talented GT players who may have broken a world record.

Exmaples would be the fastest lap time, the highest points achieved, youngest/oldest player to complete the game, the biggest collection of merchandise etc.

If any of these sound like you or someone you know please get in touch asap.

Many Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!

I think I believe you. :)

What kind of things do you mean for a GWR? Because not everyone in the world is on this site, so proving you have the record could be tough. Also, lots of people are very good at the game, and have achieved lots, so finding an individual with a unique record could be difficult too. Just my 2c, because I'm actually quite crap at GT5. :lol:

Hmm I would really like to be in this somehow.

- I have the largest amount of drift tunes in the world
- I think I have the highest record for drifting the midget
- possibly lots of others but I'd need to see a list of what counts

Guinness World Records is on the lookout for extreemly talented GT players who may have broken a world record.

Exmaples would be the fastest lap time, the highest points achieved, youngest/oldest player to complete the game, the biggest collection of merchandise etc.

I think I might be a potential record breaker in someway but I'm not sure how. Is it possible that you could list all the records that you have for GT5?

I've restored and cleaned up this thread a bit. Just so everyone knows, I can confirm Jenny is associated with the Guinness World Records organization. 👍

How about most swear words verbalized during one race of Vettle Challenge?...J/k...I would like to hear what some of the collectors have as far as most cars(one model),...etc.I just might rank up there in that category.

Im down for an endurance attempt. I could probably run the Ring for at least 30 hours, maybe more.

I've restored and cleaned up this thread a bit. Just so everyone knows, I can confirm Jenny is associated with the Guinness World Records organization. 👍
I think someone hacked Jordan's account. No jk

Hopefully, you can move this to the main GT5 section or simply make an article about it. Either way, it isn't everybody that checks the Questions and Answers section.

May I ask how or why Guiness is making this happen?
Also, should people contact Guiness directly? Not for me. I'm not good enough.

I think he means 100 % but what about the trophies
*she

*extremely
*examples
I'm so sorry, but when else am I ever going to get the chance to do that. :D

Last edited:
Im down for an endurance attempt. I could probably run the Ring for at least 30 hours, maybe more.

I was thinking this too. As far as I can remember, the longest time for players to be continuously playing a racing game was some time ago (Don't remember and can't find it :lol:) was with 4 guys playing Need For Speed Shift 2 for 25 hours. That could be beaten. :mischievous:

I was thinking this too. As far as I can remember, the longest time for players to be continuously playing a racing game was some time ago (Don't remember and can't find it :lol:) was with 4 guys playing Need For Speed Shift 2 for 25 hours. That could be beaten. :mischievous:

I couldn't stand playing that game for so long, the physics are so bad!

I have ideas for records:

Longest Reverse Entry Drift (Distance)

Fastest Laptime Drifting

Tightest Parallel Parking

longest burnout????

Hmmm that would be too easy if it allowed braking.... Without braking it would make sense...

Also, am I the only one who's thinking "But how will they measure the length of the tyre marks when doing these kinds of things?"

no no no no... i mean you would put replay or something and then see how long it lasts

I don't see how that is going to challenge people because it will be more like "Who can hold down the gas and brake pedals/buttons for the longest period of time before getting really bored?"

hmm.. correct.. maybe who has spent the most on a sig for the real experience? they would have to have reciepts or sometihng

I'm pretty sure they would be looking for things that wouldn't have to use the physics of the game. Otherwise, if you wanted to do it over every racing game, there would be major inconsistancies. This would include drifting, drag racing, and probably lap times too.

^They can still use a lot of the different categories.
They have a special video game edition and there are some game specific records in it.

I've got the most missed gear changes in a single online race covered...

(Learning the feel of the clutch when I first got the G27)

Jenny, Do we contact your London office if we think we really have something?

I'd be up for doing most GT5 race series competed and completed in a month. At the moment I have about 7, lots I have considered doing though. Could push 20.

Back