Guinness World Records - It could be you!

• Thread starter Jenny GWR
  • 117 comments
locoman88
Fastest lap in a redbull without crashing?

Or longest time driving the X2010 without committing suicide.

I set the fastest lap around grand valley speedway in a x2011 with a steering wheel
59.948 as stock with racing soft tires

I have some records for you:

Shortest game time taken to complete Gran Turismo 4 (absolute): jbrennan (774 game days) - 8th June 2006
Shortest game time taken to complete Gran Turismo 4 (physically played): Famine (791 game days) - 22nd January 2006
Shortest game time taken to complete Gran Turismo 4 (perfect game): jbrennan (835 game days) - 29th May 2007; equalled by Smallhorses (835 game days) - 21st July 2011
Shortest game time taken to complete Gran Turismo 3: Famine (229 game days) - 20th September 2002; equalled by others since

And of course the largest single-platform, single-series game fansite in the world? GTPlanet.

I spoke to him recently and it seems he prefers not to use his real name. From recollection of GWR's gamer section, they like real names.

I set the fastest lap around grand valley speedway in a x2011 with a steering wheel

Lol, doubt thats any kind of record. I know alot of people that can beat that time without even trying. Better come up with something a whole lot better than that kid, lol.

This is tought with Red Bull X2010 but I bet they dont want book with 1200 different cars and every track fastest laps...
This is best what I find so far from youtube 👍
0:58.856

Your 59.948 is damn fast tought 👍

This is tought with Red Bull X2010 but I bet they dont want book with 1200 different cars and every track fastest laps...
This is best what I find so far from youtube 👍
0:58.856

Your 59.948 is damn fast tought 👍

Set one of the alien drivers loose in said car on said track and I guarantee you that time will be shattered.

Someone needs to contact ImmortalPilot for one. That gentleman holds records on many tracks. Not saying he's the best. Just taking action based on the OP.

Set one of the alien drivers loose in said car on said track and I guarantee you that time will be shattered.

Which is (one of myriad reasons) why laptimes shouldn't really be invoked in the print version of the GWR.

I saw something similar once (a print gaming record book) which included fastest licence times... I'd beaten most of them and, though I'm a Goldjunkie, I'm not exactly the fastest licenceer out there.

It might be a bit odd, but why not put in the worst GT-driver? I'm a good candidate for that.

Give me a wheel and I'd be a good candidate too.
Was forced to use the R8 race car for the German Championship...

It might be a bit odd, but why not put in the worst GT-driver? I'm a good candidate for that.

According to your signature, you're already better than thousands of gamers( dare I say millions?) at GT5. You were 60th at Eiger Time Trial, champ ;)

Maybe breaking real life track record with same car in GT5
Example :
Tsuchiya JGTC Tsukuba WR
In a 5 lap shoot out, beat Tsuchiya's record of 51.875 seconds at Tsukuba using unmodified ARTA Honda NSX GT500 '00, no aids allowed - including ABS, RH tires or less, fuel/tire wear enabled, limited tuning ( aero-suspension-transmission-LSD ).
Real challenge and of course the fastest in GT5 would hold the virtual record alongside the real life record :)

Maybe breaking real life track record with same car in GT5
Example :
Tsuchiya JGTC Tsukuba WR
In a 5 lap shoot out, beat Tsuchiya's record of 51.875 seconds at Tsukuba using unmodified ARTA Honda NSX GT500 '00, no aids allowed - including ABS, RH tires or less, fuel/tire wear enabled, limited tuning ( aero-suspension-transmission-LSD ).
Real challenge

But does the ral car have TCS or ABS?

But does the ral car have TCS or ABS?

The real car used by Tsuchiya or the world record lap does not have any aids, TCS or ABS. The JGTC rules do not allow electronics to assist the driver.

"Electronic aids such as ABS, Traction Control and Stability Control are not allowed even if fitted to the road going variant, and ceramic brakes are prohibited. There are also restrictions regarding placement and size of aerodynamic aids such as wings and spoilers. From 2010 onwards canards fitted to the front sides in the front bumper are prohibited. The choice of tires is also varied with Bridgestone, Yokohama, Dunlop, Kumho, Michelin and Hankook (new for 2006) available to teams."
Source :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_GT

http://everything2.com/title/JGTC

Makes me wonder some drivers in GT5 uses aids when driving JGTC/SuperGT cars ;)

The world record for GT5 is the beating the real life time and be the fastest driver with given restrictions to mimic real life counterpart.

Last edited:
According to your signature, you're already better than thousands of gamers( dare I say millions?) at GT5. You were 60th at Eiger Time Trial, champ ;)

When I qualified, yes (3 hours after the seasonal was “opened”). Currently, I guess I'm no. 5000+.

Which is (one of myriad reasons) why laptimes shouldn't really be invoked in the print version of the GWR.

I saw something similar once (a print gaming record book) which included fastest licence times... I'd beaten most of them and, though I'm a Goldjunkie, I'm not exactly the fastest licenceer out there.

Point understood Famine. I only said what I said was because the kid claimed to have set the fastest lap at Grand Valley in the X10. Just for craps and giggles, I just tried it myself. I am by far an alien, especially in this car. My best time after like 10 min. was 1:03.891. So, with that being a sort of a baseline, I know it can be done a whole lot faster. Even faster than what the kid claims to be the record. That was my whole point. His so-called record lap is not a record at. JK already gave one example. I know of at least 10 people off the top of my head that can break that time with no problem at all. His claim is false.

When I qualified, yes (3 hours after the seasonal was “opened”). Currently, I guess I'm no. 5000+.

In light of competitions such as this, the overwhelming tragedy for some of us who play GT5 is, in reality, we're simply average. I feel your pain.

This of course is a negative perspective, however, and should not be labeled as an assertion of any kind.

I may qualify for:

Most broken GT4 & GT3 discs (I was in love with the old GT at the time so I played it way too often)
Most Mazda RX-8s (Premium)
Dirtiest Driver on Indy Road Course
Shortest time to sell first car (I bought the XL Edition post-2.05)

And what come's for record points and times it is just crazy to search from youtube..
Just example I just broke shmogt's one record..and prety easily.

"- I think I have the highest record for drifting the midget"
(he told me track on PM and about pts..well I'm sure he don't remember so mutch wrong that he beat my score)
I'm not even world best to do DT's and I did it.
(I saved replay if someone want see it 👍 )

Only way solve record times and points is PD should organize competitions for it (never happens)

Back