Custom Drift Track Project - The Thread

Brazil
Porto Alegre
LazyLiquid
Custom Drift Track Project

6942728916_2ca5487605_z.jpg

So far we have a limited number of standard tracks with good flow and sections, and the DLC tracks, witch is fewer used since its blocked for those who didn´t paid for it.

After a brief conversation in this thread, came up the idea of create another custom track depot (thanks, alpacaflip), but this time totaly focoused for drifting. I wanted to see if there was an interest in a thread for putting up/featuring a track or two a month. It appears that there is enough interest so we will certainly use the network of friends to get this done.

The Objective:

I don´t know if this will going to work, but might to try. I´m trying to find a way to create a database where everyone have a way to share their favorite creations, and of course also everyone be able to grab them. Everyone can create a custom track, but how many of them are trully good and worth to be highlighted? That´s sure that many tracks still unknown to the mainstream drifting community, but with a small push it could become greatly popular.

How it will works?

Same as the most popular threads from GT Planet, only the good ones survives thanks to the people´s participation. I do have dozens of good custom tracks and i can release weekly to bring fresh news to the thread, but its important that everyone who have desire to highlight their gems to show work and bring their tracks into here.

As everyone knows that is possible to share only 1 track by account, the best way to share more than 1 track at once is having more than 1 account. I have 2 accounts (the main Brazilian and a alternative US to get stuff from the US PSN), so ill be able to keep live for sharing 2 tracks.

EDIT: Soon as somebody copy any of the tracks in the DATABASE and also keep it in his shared tracks folder, the creators will be able to share new ones. The author´s name will be maintained, but the PSN account will be changed to another one who desire to share them too. So far that´s the best way to give oportunity to the creators, keep bringing new content.

NEWS BOARD​
- 2 new tracks added by Lazy Liquid.
- 1 new track added by jrkiwiboy.
- F.A.Q version 1.0 released.
- 1 new track added by GODfreyGT5.
- 1 new track added by Lazy Liquid.
- 1 new track added by Twitcher.

Last edited:
F.A.Q.

Why it´s necessary to create a database for custom tracks?
First of all, the track generator - even with all limitations - is an awsome feature, if you know what you´re doing. In this period of gameplay - since the end of 2010 until now - most people know very well witch standard tracks are the best and the "not that good" for drifting, also have their own favorite ones and it´s favorite sections for drifting. But the truth is that this number is not that expressive, plus there are so few DLC tracks arriving, none of them are any focoused in drifting. And always there are those segregation issue of people who have it and who don´t.

It makes everyone wondering: If we have an exceptional tool for circuit building, but its not that easy to get the best results from it, why not create a thread get the most interesting ones and put them all together? So that´s why this thread have potential, and maybe can become important to the drift community as the many others that still on top every month.

How do i download a custom track?
For you to be able to download a track you have to be on that person's friends list. After that here are the steps within Gran Turismo Mode:
1. Go to "Community".
2. Go to your friends profile.
3. Towards the lower left hand part of the screen you should see the track icon. If you click on that you will see any tracks that they have up for share.
4. You should see the option to download the track at this point. Just download it & you're good to go!
SIDENOTE: I know that there are some technical issues to make our life harder. For exemple you can´t add in your friendlist an infinite number of people and also you can´t share more than 1 track at once. So try be patient and organized, if you really want that track, you will find a way to get it.

I want to share my own custom tracks, what is necessary to make it properly in this thread?
1. A drift track that worth to be shared, because many people here will try it and judge i´ts true potential.
2. Keep your shared track in your "shared tracks", ingame.
3. Logon with your PSN account on www.gran-turismo.com, go to the "shared tracks" space and get a caption of the map from the track that you´re sharing. In this same place you will get informations such as number of corners, elevation, and so on...
4. Record 1 lap video, preferentialy using the hood or chase camera.
5. Post in this thread, and i will edit the third post, where the database will stay. Just follow the exemple from the posts in the database, and you will make my life easier. Commentaries are welcome.

Do i really need to record 1 lap? I never did this. Why? How?
Honestly, its necessary. People will not be able to judge your track only looking by the standard information, the map layout and (even) photos. They must see the track completly, see the possible lines, the possible banked hidden traps. So don´t worry about the video quality, because this is not the main goal. Also, don´t be worried if your skills are not good, because everyone here will be judging the track, not your drifter skills. You can use from the most sofisticated capture devices or simply a cellphone with camera and try get a decent video. That´s the goal.

Why use the chase or hood camera in my videos? They are so ugly and lifeless.
These cameras are the best to show exactly the details of your track and the lines that you´re doing. Also, it shows when or if you need throw a powerslide, smashing e-brakes, dirtdrops and so on. Besides, the custom tracks cameras are too much narrow viewed, forcing the camera changes all the time, witch makes the track feel even harder. If you already have a video of your custom track witch is not from these two views (hood or chase) ill not ask to do another video, but if you will do your video right now, i strongly ask to respect this rule, for the good of the thread.

Can i use more than 1 account to share more than 1 drift track per entry?
Yes, im also doing it.

Is it possible to make an entry of somebodyelse´s track and share it from my account?
I don´t see any problem on that, but would be nice if you let the creator knows about it first. Probably he will also endorse the whole idea.

My custom track is not all good for drifting, but have one specific section witch is priceless for drifting. How should i proceed?
Use your imagination, and highligh the strong points in your video and/or your commentary. But don´t be afraid of criticism, because maybe you can do a second try and improve that track even more.

Is this thread also avaliable for requests about any track that is no longer avaliable?
Yes. The best way to make your demand is post your interest here, but also talk with the creator via PM.

Last edited:
THE DATABASE

Mt. Aso TG 5 25
Creator: Lazy Liquid
PSN: MarionJ

rANoW.png

Straight Length:0.53 Miles
Elevation Difference:218.0 ft
Corners:25

Commentary:
Mt. Aso tracks normaly are a big headache to create and also to learn the track. I tried to replicate a touge where you will never stop to shift weigth and face corners to the oposite side. Stills, its a very friendly track, without serious challenges to complete the whole lap or learn the standard lines. Except by the very last uphill (where you probably will hang your car and overspin sometimes), this place is perfect to train tandems, weight shifting and triangle adjustments corner after corner.

Toscana Mixed Trouble 5 51
PSN: LazyLiquid

E7Wsu.png

Straight Length:0.43 Miles
Elevation Difference:140.4 ft
Corners:51

Commentary:
Yes, its Toscana. No, its not a touge. Its all about speed. After a long straight section you will face lots of rounded corners, each one with his own peculiarities. It´s strongly suggested that you should use a car with at least 300hp, but i tested my AE86 on it and was able to hold the standard lines most of time. At the end you will face a tricky corner with a blind end where the angle will elevates and try to throw you away. This track is a blast and a rush of fun, providing solid tandems and fluid lines.

The Yilam touge
Creator: JRKiwibo1
PSN: JRKiwibo1
picture.php

Straight length: Uhh, long. More than a Kay I think.
Elevation difference: Let's say 100+ ft
Corners: 68. I think

Commentary:
I made the track in spite of a lot of bad Toscana courses I had previously driven on. Some were using maximum corner camber and maximum width. Which sucked. This is why I made the track to be tight but flowing. The 1st section is good to link up even though it has some hard corners and requires a long handbrake to link up 2 turns (look at 1:31). The second section (2:03 onwards) Becomes more faster and requires you to be bang on with what lines to take. Overall it is a very fun track. Definitely one of the better ones I've made in my opinion.

D-Max TOKYO Tight
Creator: GODfreyGT5
PSN: FRAG-ME-CG

Untitled-2.jpg

Straight length: 0.14 miles
Elevation: 0.0ft
Corners: 27

Commentary:
Notably the first track to be classed as 'The D-Max Track', this short circuit is tight, slow, and very fun to link, with only one corner that will try to catch you out. You'll find yourself feet from every wall, with a great opportunity for perfecting your wall-taps, and nailing clipping points.

What this track is best for however is tandeming. After a couple of warm-up laps you should find yourself being able to get side by side with the car in front lap after lap, with thanks to the many double apexes, which allow you to get closer and closer.

Eifel Hairpinista 5 33
PSN: lazylkd

BlfWt.png

Straight Length:0.19 Miles
Elevation Difference:63.4 ft
Corners:33

Commentary:
Hard, painfull, tricky, nasty... these words will come up on your mind after the very first lap in this track. And you´re right, because this track is not easy and is not made to be easy. Even without serious banked traps, you will sour to make one single lap without lose the standard lines. I tried to make as wide as possible, but stills a narrow course and any kind of dirt drop is a bad idea. Otherwise it do have a very interesting sequence of hairpins, and it´s enjoyable to drift in regular or reverse direction. Grab this track and try by yourself, but don´t hate me later because im warning you all: It´s a freaking hard track.

Ghost Dance Deluxe
Creator: Twitcher
PSN: twitcher_6

i3c20l.png

Distance: 0.91 miles
Turns: 18

Commentary:
It's a pretty simple track, and not very long...but that makes it easy to learn. That said, I think it still offers challenges even for someone who has spent a lot of time on it. The first corner is ideal for massive wall-tap entries (I didn't really have enough speed in the video, but you can get very sideways through this corner). The whole first half of the track is quite open to interpretation... a creative driver can find several different lines through these corners. The final section is a tricky, long, right hand sweeper, followed by a right hand "hairpin". For an added challenge, try doing a whole lap without using the hand-brake!

Touge8
Creator: ForceMotion
PSN: ForceMotion

4flrk.png

Distance: 7257,1 Metres
Corners: 69

Commentary:
The touge like track i made, i love the first series of corners the most myself :)

Last edited:
Good idea Lazy. Here's one of my tracks:

The Yilam touge

picture.php

I made the track in spite of a lot of bad Toscana courses I had previously driven on. Some were using maximum corner camber and maximum width. Which sucked. This is why I made the track to be tight but flowing. The 1st section is good to link up even though it has some hard corners and requires a long handbrake to link up 2 turns (look at 1:31). The second section (2:03 onwards) Becomes more faster and requires you to be bang on with what lines to take. Overall it is a very fun track. Definitely one of the better ones I've made in my opinion.

So in order to get access to these tracks is to have the creator added as a friend and download the track when it is shared online correct?

Great idea LL! I have a few track that I think would be worthy of adding to the list. I will upload pics, info, and maybe a vid when I get the time.

@jrkiwiboy: Thanks man. I will quote, copy and paste every valid entry to the database, so its unecessary to keep your entry added after that. Ill explain more in the F.A.Q.

@anthalicious: Basicaly, yes. Im still figuring a way to deal with the common limitations such as be able to share just 1 track per account (thats why im sharing 2 tracks in 2 diferent accounts), but what you said is the basic idea.

@twitcher: Thanks, mate! Please don´t make your entry yet, i would like to finish the first version of the F.A.Q., so you guys will know what is necessary to make a valid and functional entry. Im close to finish, just wait a little more.

jrkiwiboy
Good idea Lazy. Here's one of my tracks:

The Yilam touge

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuSzDEwCZy8">YouTube Link</a>

Nice track Looks fun

Allright, the first version of the FAQ is finished. Please let me know any questions or suggestions, so ill be able to improve the mechanics of the thread.

D-Max TOKYO Tight
Creator: GODfreyGT5
PSN: FRAG-ME-CG

Untitled-2.jpg

Straight length: 0.14 miles
Elevation: 0.0ft
Corners: 27

Commentary:
Notably the first track to be classed as 'The D-Max Track', this short circuit is tight, slow, and very fun to link, with only one corner that will try to catch you out. You'll find yourself feet from every wall, with a great opportunity for perfecting your wall-taps, and nailing clipping points.

What this track is best for however is tandeming. After a couple of warm-up laps you should find yourself being able to get side by side with the car in front lap after lap, with thanks to the many double apexes, which allow you to get closer and closer.

Enjoy.​

I won't be able to post my track for a bit. First I need to record a video with my phone, and the. Figure out how to upload it (never uploaded a video before).

The OP is lookin great LL...keep up the good work

This is an awesome idea, and the tracks are looking great. Was just drifting one of ZSPaulus' tracks and it is awesome fun, hopefully he puts it up.

All right. I'm about to go on an friend adding spree to get my hands on these tasty tracks. If anyone needs anything in return do not hesitate to let me know. Also with permission from the track creators is it ok for me to share these tracks with everyone else? If you feel you are getting too many friend requests due to this let me know and maybe I can help take some off the load off you as I'm hoping to get all of these tracks.

All right. I'm about to go on an friend adding spree to get my hands on these tasty tracks. If anyone needs anything in return do not hesitate to let me know. Also with permission from the track creators is it ok for me to share these tracks with everyone else? If you feel you are getting too many friend requests due to this let me know and maybe I can help take some off the load off you as I'm hoping to get all of these tracks.

I accepted your request on my main account, and ill add you too in my alternative account in few minutes.

Actualy if somebody hold the share of any of my 2 custom tracks, ill be able to share a third one. All i need to do is change the account where the track is actualy shared, in the DATABASE area. The creator´s credit stills, but anyone can hold and share somebodyelse´s track, and it would helps a lot to bring new content.

If you like I could share one of your tracks from my account. That way you can do the write up as you normally would and just put my psn up there.

This is an awesome idea, and the tracks are looking great. Was just drifting one of ZSPaulus' tracks and it is awesome fun, hopefully he puts it up.

Ive shared the track so add me and download it!.
Here is a picture of the track layout.
7642634674_8d116260ed_t.jpg

I'll edit this post and add a video if im capable.

Track info: The quite small track is a mix of low and mid speed corners. The width is max on all sections. The track has a straight for launching into battles but it can easily be stringed in case full laps are drifted.
There is no camber on any of the corners and the driving line is almost the ideal driftline.
Most importantly: First corner is *** epic!

In my experience; people usually know the track in 5 minutes.. Its very easy and flowing..

Looks nice! Lazy Liquid I just shared your alt account track Monte Aso tg 25 5 so OP you can put my psn up there instead of Lazy's alt account lazylkd. Thanks guys these are a lot of fun!

Looks nice! Lazy Liquid I just shared your alt account track Monte Aso tg 25 5 so OP you can put my psn up there instead of Lazy's alt account lazylkd. Thanks guys these are a lot of fun!

Double thanks, now i have 1 free spot for sharing. Ur PSN will stay in the database as the tg 5 25 holder.

Last edited:
I have tack i would like to share i just need to know if i should be doing on board footage or just record the replay with the hood cam.

I have tack i would like to share i just need to know if i should be doing on board footage or just record the replay with the hood cam.

Hood cam or chase cam, 1 full lap only. People needs to feel the track in the video, and also know the main lines, the average speed and if there is too many use of e-brakes.

If you saw my videos, the quality doesn´t needs to be awsome. Just 1 clean lap with decent lines and thats it. Oh, by the way, follow the guidelines as the other videos on the database, so will be easier to add your entry on there.

Sorry for the double post... but its for a good reason:
Eifel Hairpinista 5 33 is avaliable, check the database.

Here's one of my favorite Tokyo Cart tracks that I came up with.

Name: Ghost Dance Deluxe

It's a pretty simple track, and not very long...but that makes it easy to learn. That said, I think it still offers challenges even for someone who has spent a lot of time on it.

The first corner is ideal for massive wall-tap entries (I didn't really have enough speed in the video, but you can get very sideways through this corner). The whole first half of the track is quite open to interpretation....a creative driver can find several different lines through these corners. The final section is a tricky, long, right hand sweeper, followed by a right hand "hairpin".

For an added challenge, try doing a whole lap without using the hand-brake!

Sorry for the crappy video

Nice track twitch! Sorry i could not be around to help make the video but i bet its nice have a YouTube account now to upload from. I wouldn't worry about the bad video quality i can tell exactly whats goings on around the track, nice video. 👍

Thanks for the track, Twitcher! Looks like a interesting track with 100% drift fluence.

Just one request:
Can you log into your account via granturismo.com and grab a picture of the map? So your entry will be padronized in the database as the others.

By the way, don´t worry about the video. It gives a perfect clue about how the lines goes... but if (and only if) you want to change the video or somebody else make another video of this track, just tell me and ill swap your old video or any new. Im telling that because maybe in a future i can do it myself in my videos, if (and only if) i buy a decent video capture device for PS3 gameplay.

Here's one of my favorite Tokyo Cart tracks that I came up with.

Name: Ghost Dance Deluxe

It's a pretty simple track, and not very long...but that makes it easy to learn. That said, I think it still offers challenges even for someone who has spent a lot of time on it.

The first corner is ideal for massive wall-tap entries (I didn't really have enough speed in the video, but you can get very sideways through this corner). The whole first half of the track is quite open to interpretation....a creative driver can find several different lines through these corners. The final section is a tricky, long, right hand sweeper, followed by a right hand "hairpin".

For an added challenge, try doing a whole lap without using the hand-brake!

Sorry for the crappy video

Love the long turns perfect for drifting, add me so i can try it out :P

Thanks guys. I hope other people can get some enjoyment out of this track :) If someone wants to step up and make a better video of that track, I'm all for that 👍

Lazy, as requested, here is a photo of the track map
ghostdancedeluxe.jpg

...is that too big?

Also, another track that I think belongs in this thread is the teamorange track. I was drifting on it earlier today, and was reminded of how much fun it is. I could share this track from my other account if you would like. And I can make a video of it, but it will be poor quality like my last one.

Latest Posts

Back