*Closed*

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
Hello, and welcome to the thread!

337294_206767206117163_13146577_o.jpg

The World Motorsports Association strives to bring the joys of all forms of motorsports to all GTP users.

This series, a drifting series, proves that fans of one type of motorsports can be fans of many types of motorsports. Just as rally, touring cars, and endurance are all parts of motorsports, so is drifting.

Therefore, we're very excited and happy to bring you the first W.M.A. sanctioned drifting event on GTPlanet!

Specs:

All cars will be purchased for less than $50,000.

Tires used will be comfort hards.

All cars shall be FR, unless otherwise accepted through PM messaging.

400 hp maximum

Once you choose your car, you may not choose another car.

After this, there are no further requirements.

No downforce allowed. No rear wings!

Perfect example:

Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89, FR, 389 hp, 0 downforce.
413304_206767632783787_1017751045_o.jpg

Rules/judging:

Drivers will be judged by a team of judges (size undetermined) appointed by several well-known names in GTP drifting competitions.

The judges will look for, (in no specific order,) the following criteria, from which they will decide who takes a run, in a best 2 out of 3 grouping.

• Angle (the sideways angle of the driver's car
  • Speed (the velocity of the car)
  • Line (using clipping points, how closely you can follow a simple "racing line")
  • Proximity (how close can the chase car come, to the lead car?)
  • "Stun factor" (the amount, with which the driver stuns or shocks the judges and audience)

334156_202402233220327_1961822870_o.jpg

Tandem Drifting Guidelines:

In Tandem drifting, drivers will be organized into lead/chase cars.

As the names imply, lead cars will lead, in front of chase cars.

Lead cars are trying to outperform the chase cars.

Chase cars are trying to outperform the lead cars.

Contact is generally considered unnecessary.

However, proximity to lead car will score chase car more "points," which will sway the decision between chase car and lead car.

After one run, the chase and lead cars will switch positions. The judges will announce "advantage."

After two runs, the judges will announce the winner, OR will announce a "OMT" One-More-Time sudden death battle, as the battle was too close to call. This is the preferred outcome, for some, because it means that they've met their equal match, as a drifter, and in these battles, drifters will improve their talents and skills.

If a driver does not agree with judging, the driver may PM both judges, asking for specific reasons why the other driver was or was not let through. Judges are obligated to give out a simple reason, such as "speed," "angle" or "spin," in these PMs to avoid confusion.

Should the judges not agree, an "OMT" One-More-Time battle will be held, as the competition was too close to call.

Glossary of terms:

Advantage- this is a simplified way to say, that a driver has slightly outperformed another driver in one of the two runs.

Angle- this is the noticeable slip angle of a car, which is drifting.

OMT- this is a shortform of "One-More-Time!" meaning that both drivers must complete another [sudden death] round.

Round- the drifting equivalent of "race day," in which all drivers compete.

Grouping- two drivers who are battling in a round, in tandem runs.

Tandem Runs- The "passes" of the two Drivers, in a grouping, through the designated course. These are what's being judged, by the judges. Each Tandem Run shall consist of two passes, excluding the OMT battles, which are simply repetitions of the initial Tandem Runs, which may lead to a decided winner, and an advancement.

Judges- fully trained and qualified GTP judges, who will be judging the competitions. Their goal is to give an unbiased representation of an audience's reaction, based purely on the performance on track.

Qualification Runs- Similar to "quarter finals," these are the first groupings in a round. Anyone who "does not advance" to "great eight", will drift against the other drivers who don't advance to semi-finals, for the final two points spots.

Great Eight- These are the groupings directly after the Qualification runs. Everyone in Great Eight gets points. A maximum of 8 drivers can get into Great Eight, competing for the top spots in the Final Fours. Anyone who doesn't advance in semi-finals, doesn't advance to Final Fours, but continues, to settle the remainder of the Great Eight points.

Final Four- These are the groupings directly after the Great Eight runs. Everyone in Final Four gets points. A maximum of four drivers can get into Final Four, competing to get into the Top Two spots. Anyone who doesn't advance in Final-Fours, will face the other driver, who doesn't advance in Final Fours.

Top Two- The final grouping. This is the grouping directly after the Final Four runs. Everyone in Top Two gets points. A maximum of two drivers can get into the Top Two, competing for the win. The driver who is defeated here, comes second for the day.

Non-advancing Delay- Those who don't advance, will be asked to stay, until AFTER the Top Two grouping is completed, to then continue to drift. This means, that those who advance are given priority, and then drivers from the Qualification Runs, Great Eight, and Final Four will continue to drift, until all 16 places are decided.

Points- Points are awarded after the Top Two runs. Their values follow:

1st: 100
2nd: 90

3rd: 80 -First among the drivers who don't advance to Top Two
4th: 70

5th: 60 -First among the drivers who don't advance to Final Four
6th: 50
7th: 30
8th: 20

9th: 10 -First among the drivers who don't advance to Great Eight
10th: 9
11th: 7
12th: 6
13th: 4
14th: 2
15th: 1
16th: 0

337125_206767439450473_171065110_o.jpg

Last edited:
Registration/registered drivers:

Please register here:

Google Documents Registration

Registered Drivers:

VelineonVXL/RedSuns-Velineon/Camaro SS '10/black & chrome

devintheninja/blueninjacivic/RX-7 FD/- & orange

Knight Spirit/Knight_Spirit/Nissan Silvia S14 Zenki/purple

fcpmarcus/fcpmarcus/Toyota 86GT/white

LittleZippyUK/LittleZippyUK /Nissan 240SX 1996/Bordeaux Red Pearl & Isotope Green wheels

Jackthalad/CHRYSTALBUDS/Nissan Silvia (S13)/Red

GeeRandel/GeeRandel/Nissan silvia s13/Warm white two one

MrMelancholy15/MrMelancholy15/Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M '89/black & white

projectS2K/JSD-Duddy/RX-7/?

Massradia/Massradia/Nissan 350Z/??

Blitz/xBLiTZzZ/Z34/Purple

Twitcher/Twitcher_6/S15 Silvia/White

CJDA9/STONER723// white & red rims

Blurr905/OsakaHQ-Blurrrr/Skyline HT 2000/RS-X TURBO C (R30) '84/Snow white

JoRdY105/JoRdY105/Nissan Silvia (s15)/blue

mad4missiles/redsuns-deedub/Z33/flat black & green

Last edited:
After two runs, the judges will announce the winner, OR will announce a "OMT" One-More-Time sudden death battle, as the battle was too close to call. This is the preferred outcome, for some, because it means that they've met their equal match, as a drifter, and in these battles, drifters will improve their talents and skills.

If I'm reading this correctly, the judges will judge the two runs as a whole, as opposed to declaring a winner (or giving an advantage to one of the drivers) after each run?

Just my opinion, but I think judging the two runs together is the right way to do things. I believe that's the way FD is judging right now. You guys seem to really have your 🤬 together 👍 I really hope I can compete in some of your events.

Will you run events that cater to North American time zones (particularly western ones) as well as Euro timezones?

Best of luck with the competitions :)

If I'm reading this correctly, the judges will judge the two runs as a whole, as opposed to declaring a winner (or giving an advantage to one of the drivers) after each run?

Just my opinion, but I think judging the two runs together is the right way to do things. I believe that's the way FD is judging right now. You guys seem to really have your 🤬 together 👍 I really hope I can compete in some of your events.

Will you run events that cater to North American time zones (particularly western ones) as well as Euro timezones?

Best of luck with the competitions :)

Thanks for the input. Certainly, depending on international interest, we will cater to all of the timezones, as possible. We'll just have to see how it plays out, correct? :)

Regardless, I'm glad to see that the Drifting community's still strong, and happy. I like all forms of motorsports, so I can't "trap" myself in just one discipline of motorsports for too long. Saying that, I'll organize this, but not necessarily join it. That too, depends on interest.

As for the runs/advantage/scoring idea, I'm considering changing it, but I'm not sure if the drifting needs the added "stress" of being down, without advantage. I'd like to see what everyone thinks of this.

You posted this in another thread:

Thanks for the info. I'll shoot FRAG a PM, once I see him posting, again, asking if my newly formed D1SL may run at that track, at least to test, to see if it's a good track for competition.

I have that track as well, I'll share it with you if you'd like.

That track is much to long to have a comp on the entire thing (well, it could be done, :), but it would be very unorthodox) . I've never looked for "comp section" on that track, but I'm sure you could find one.

I bet you could make a pretty good section out of the final sector, which includes the jump in LazyLiquid's pictures...

I bet you could make a pretty good section out of the final sector, which includes the jump in LazyLiquid's pictures...

I've always been a huge fan of drifting at Ebisu. :) I'll check it out. :D Add me on PSN, or I'll add you. It's fine by me, either way. :)

VelineonVXL/RedSuns-Velineon/Camaro SS '10/black & chrome

I'm not sure but It got more then 400hp stock I think ,I could be wrong

I'm interested as well.. When i find out the car i will use i sign up :) I love D1SL/MSC Challenge and Drift Muscle stuff so something related in GT5 is awesome!

Nice professional first post!

Thanks. :) :sly: It's generally something I've been practicing, as part of the W.M.A., as we've been making quite a few series, for different types of drivers, etc.

Can I sign up please?

I know that, apparently, this driver was recently banned, so he might have trouble... but, anyone can sign up. :ouch: Still weird seeing guys banned immediately after trying to sign up...

When will the events be?

Well, depending on interest, there will be events split by continent, because I know that there are plenty of drifters, from plenty of continents. :)

Perhaps, we can join North America and Europe into one, but, Australian timezones don't work with us, for that sort of thing.

Anyways, weekdays, likely, but, I don't know when. That's up to you guys.

I've decided to open this up to teams, too.

Therefore:

• Any team may send two representatives, per continent (depending on sign-ups)
  • Any team's entries should be identical cars
  • Teams will not score combined results, but will have both drivers included in the points leaderboards here.

Full scoring also announced.

And, this series will be included in the W.M.A. leaderboard, here.

Last edited:
No worries, I warn you now tho I'm only on weekends mainly as I visit my dad where the Ps3 and I have internet thats not on my phone. So hopefully I can make it, never done a comp before :sly:

No worries, I warn you now tho I'm only on weekends mainly as I visit my dad where the Ps3 and I have internet thats not on my phone. So hopefully I can make it, never done a comp before :sly:

Oh, you haven't? That's really cool. The W.M.A. considers itself a nice, easy stepping block into GT5 competitions. We have good success in allowing beginners to slowly "get up to pace." We offer help, if anyone needs it, through PMs. It doesn't matter if it's tuning, racing lines, passing strategies, little techniques, or just a general "here's where you're going wrong," or "here's where you can improve."

Just PM me, and I'll gladly help with any help you need, and I'll clarify anything for you. Of course, saying that, I have full faith that your adjustment from normal drifting, to competitive drifting will be smooth.

Back