World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
South Africa
JHB
Ninja_Nizmo
Logo-2.jpg

Welcome to W.M.A. the World Motorsport Association

Thank you for taking a look at the W.M.A., the World Motorsport Association.

Here at the W.M.A. we provide a central point for racing series that enables drivers and observers to participate under the umbrella of a consistent, clean and close set of racing series. The W.M.A. upholds the GTP OLR Code of Conduct and we value clean and close competition. The W.M.A. encourages all drivers, whether professional hardcore junkies or casual racers, within the GTPlanet community to join us in all of our sanctioned W.M.A. events.

On this thread you will find links to all the W.M.A. sanctioned events currently running as well as future events.

gran_turismo_5_review_01.jpg

world.motorsports.association@gmail.com

The Members:

NizmoDr3 / nizmodr3 - President & Spokesman of the Board, Council & W.M.A./Series Organizer/Host/Driver
TDZdave / TDZ-4-12-14-88 - Handicap/New & Adoptive Racing Series Adviser/Council Member/Co-Ordinater/Series Organizer/Host/Driver
MrMelancholy15 / MrMelancholy15 - Driving Standards/Stewards Adviser/ Co-ordinator/Council Member/Series Creator/Host/Tuner/Driver
polarbear345 / polarbear345 - Chief Council Member/Series Organizer/Host/Driver/StewardCouncil
cnd01 / cnd01 - Chief Council Member/Series Organizer/Host/Driver
rallymorten / rallymorten - New Members Advisor/Co-ordinator/Series Creator/Race Director/Host/Driver/StewardCouncil
Driver 101 / Driverone0one - Driver
Dundermuffin666 / Optimoose20 - Driver
metalgear696 / Aesys - Driver
anirishnirvana / damuemogirl - Series Organizer/Driver
joetruckv8 / JoeTruckV8 - Driver
KingSakery / Sakery - Driver
eddyac / eddyac - Driver
kk20 / killa_kandy - Driver
Scca Norm / norml804 - Driver
mercedesc300 / datboitrey23 - Driver
socalspeedfreak / socalspeedfreak - Driver
salikriaz / salikriaz - Driver
LancerEvo7 / GTP_LancerEvo7 - Driver
gogatrs / gogatrs - Driver
Bex / ScoobyBex - Driver
Knight Spirit / Knight_Spirit - Drifter
curtex / curt_ex - Driver
Lion-Face / Lion-Face - Driver
Afrodeezy7 / Afrodeezy - Driver
jammy21 / GTP_Jammy - Driver
sk8er913 / sweawskater2 - Driver
scraprecon / llGooFyll - Driver
Blackduval / FyeBlackBeast - Driver
marcoboyle / marcoboyle - Driver
TMT / tmt_1985 - Driver
Mad4missiles / Redsuns-DeeDub - Driver/Drifter
NEWDRIVER2 / OTS_NEWDRIVER - Driver
Geisterfahrer / GTRP_Geist - Driver
Fakegangstadie / Cam_from_nj - Driver/Drifter
Sennafan88 / Patrick Palony - Driver
ANFD / ANFD -Driver
Jinobi2 / Jinobi_x - Driver
AceAeon23 / AceAeon23 - Driver/Drifter
OneManRiot / AllyKH2882 - Driver

gt5-karts-081910.jpg

CLICK ON A LOGO TO FIND OUT MORE!!

SPOT RACES

Eagle Talon Spot Spec Trophy Cup

W.M.A. Current Series

CURRENT AND FUTURE IDEAS

Historic Touring Cars / Muscle Car Masters

335174photo11a.jpg

W.M.A. will run a ladder system, meaning that all of the newest/unknown drivers to join this association, will have to work their way up to the ITCC, MCM, Bankfin, or any type of the bigger series.

W.M.A. recognizes all disciplines of motorsport. Just because most of the series listed are touring type events, doesn't mean W.M.A. has forgotten about the other disciplines available. New series ideas and any other ideas are always welcomed. If there are any other event organizers that would like to become associated with W.M.A., then please PM any one of the Board Members.

If you would like to register as a competitor then you can do so ... CLICK HERE.

Competitor feedback, both positive and negative, is strongly encouraged but in a constructive manner.

Last edited:
WMA Points System, Handicap & Leaderboard

1st - 25 points
2nd - 20 points
3rd - 18 points
4th - 16 points
5th - 14 points
6th - 12 points
7th - 10 points
8th - 9 points
9th - 8 points
10th - 7 points
11th - 6 points
12th - 5 points
13th - 4 points
14th - 3 points
15th - 2 points
16th - 1 point

Non-DLC users will automatically gain 9 points per race they cannot participate in. Due to them not owning the Track DLC's

WMA-S.jpg

Leaderboard.png

Last edited:
This section is currently still a work in progress. We all hope, that the entire rulebooks and Driver's Handbooks with tips and such will be completed before October. In the meantime, we offer you the progress that we have made.

Driver's Handbook

This is the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook. The W.M.A. Driver's Handbook, as it progresses, will help all drivers, new or not, to further drop their lap times, become competitive, and have clean, exciting racing. Reading the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook is highly recommended, especially for those who are just joining. It will offer you plenty of tips.

Stewards
  • MrMelancholy15 (organizing steward)
  • rallymorten (timing and scoring official in rally events, steward)
  • cnd01 (steward)
  • polarbear345 (steward)

Glossary of Terms

• Stewards (noun): A group of dedicated individuals, whose sole purpose is to settle disputes, both on-and off- the track
  • Organizing/Head Steward (noun): The dedicated individual, who takes the time to write Handbooks and Rulebooks, to avoid conflict, when possible, and serves as the leader of the Stewards (see above) by conducting discussions fairly, and allowing all Stewards to speak.
  • Investigation (noun): A period of time, during which Stewards discuss the events of a previous event. Penalties may be issued directly following investigation
  • Call for Investigation (verb): the act of messaging a Steward, or the Organizing Steward, asking for an investigation of a given event
  • Call for Investigation (noun): the message received by a Steward, or the Organizing Steward, in which the sender states that (s)he will ask for a Call for Investigation
  • Investigation Discussion (noun): the closed group conversation, in which the Stewards will discuss the events, given replays, driver testimony, and other significant sources of information, before making a decision, regarding the future of the event
  • Incident in Question (noun): The cause for the Investigation
  • Conduct Review (noun): A period of time, in which, without public announcement, the behaviour and professionalism of a member will be verified, following our anti-bullying, anti-racism, anti-obscenity and anti-accusation rules set, found in the Driver's Handbook in Chapter 3.

Application into Stewards Council
To apply into the Stewards Council, you must:
  • Have a clean record with the W.M.A. (never previously penalized)
  • Have good attendance on the GTPlanet forums
  • Private message MrMelancholy15, NizmoDR3, AND TDZdave,
  • Not hold any grudges, biases, or other hate-based reasons for an unfair penalization call

The application will be reviewed. Following the review, the stewards will be notified, and the applicant will receive word of the decision, from MrMelancholy15.

Notes:

The Members of the Board reserve the right to invite W.M.A. members to become Stewards, based on an extremely good standing in the W.M.A., and other valued assets.

Last edited:
I once joined a club like this. It seemed great in the beginning. But it soon lost interest and is now god-knows-where. I'm not saying it's impossible for you to get more success, I'm just saying most people don't give a f-word about a "fictional" online career. I would gladly join any of the Series you are hosting if only times (and in some cases distance) was not as bad for me as it is.

Well this is not so much of a "online career" ... it's more of a centralized focal point for different types of series that's going on on GTP ... Think of it as a one stop shop being able to link you to any type of racing series that catches your eye ...

I once joined a club like this. It seemed great in the beginning. But it soon lost interest and is now god-knows-where. I'm not saying it's impossible for you to get more success, I'm just saying most people don't give a f-word about a "fictional" online career. I would gladly join any of the Series you are hosting if only times (and in some cases distance) was not as bad for me as it is.

Hey Rally. :)

Thanks for the input. It's not that we're looking to make a fictional career out of this, but, it's more that we're looking for ways to sort out the cleanest drivers and the somewhat clean, from the not very clean, and the dirty.

I understand what you're saying, but, I'm thinking that the main goal will be to learn new cars, new techniques, and clean passing procedures, by rewarding good behaviour with more than just a penalty-free season.

The cleanest, and most mature drivers will quickly find themselves in the top tiers of this series. The less clean drivers might not. I think some of this is inspired by iRacing, but is completely different in one way: execution. We have 1000+ cars to play with, on GT5, and a good game. However, there are people who play iRacing because of the cleaned-up racing.

We're trying to run a very clean series, with few bumps and taps, so that the GT5 racing series will be clean too. And, we have full-fledged feeder series everywhere, because, between the three co-chairmen of this Club, we have five series, and each of them looks great. Having a rewards system to reward good drivers, instead of just kicking out the bad ones, might be a very nice and rewarding change from the normal.

I won't trashtalk any other series, or any other drivers, but I'd like to run in the cleanest races possible. I think it's a step in the right direction.

Can you then explain to me how I've misunderstood these parts:

NizmoDr3
W.M.A. will run a ladder system, meaning that all of the newest drivers to join this association, will have to work their way up to the ITCC, MCM, Bankfin, or any type of the bigger series.

Established / Well known drivers are more than welcome to register for any series they may desire. For new drivers who wish to join a W.M.A. sanctioned event, they must first begin in a Rising Star Trophy, to establish themselves as a clean and fair driver, before being able to join one of the bigger series.
But remember, that as a new driver, you will be automatically placed into the Rising Star Trophy.

Especially the first part makes me believe you're trying to make online career, but it might just be me :)
Depending on various criteria I might check out the Rising Star Trophy

Especially the first part makes me believe you're trying to make online career, but it might just be me :)

There will be three. We're discussing some, but one will be a FIAT 500 1.2v Lounge spec series, and the other will be a karting series. Again, it's a spec series, and it's designed to be really nice and easy on beginners, so that they don't have to do any tuning to remain competitive. :)

Once they start to understand more about how it all works, they'll be able to move up in the leagues, all the way up 'til, for example, Formula Masters. After that, I'm pretty sure that it'd be safe to say, that they would have learned a LOT, and this is sorta like a racing school (Skip Barber,) only for a PS3, so it costs WAY less.

No where close to what you assume ... we just want to try and promote clean and close racing ...

Using you as an example, if I may, you would be able to join in on any series your heart desires, due to you being a well known and respected racer in GTP. If you were a newbie and have not made a name for yourself yet on GTP, then you would have to start from the bottom to prove yourself ...

We are not trying to discriminate or anything. All we are trying to do is make sure that everyone who decides to join anyone of the current and future series will know that they can expect a clean and fair race ... all the time.

NizmoDr3
No where close to what you assume ... we just want to try and promote clean and close racing ...

Using you as an example, if I may, you would be able to join in on any series your heart desires, due to you being a well known and respected racer in GTP. If you were a newbie and have not made a name for yourself yet on GTP, then you would have to start from the bottom to prove yourself ...

We are not trying to discriminate or anything. All we are trying to do is make sure that everyone who decides to join anyone of the current and future series will know that they can expect a clean and fair race ... all the time.

Ah, I see.. Me understand :D

I will gladly join a Series if you can host something around 18:00 bst times ;)

Ah, I see.. Me understand :D

I will gladly join a Series if you can host something around 18:00 bst times ;)

Well, Nizmo's Bankfin series is quite close to that time window. I think it's a two hour difference. It's the closest thing, so far. I'll see if I can make something work, though, if the Bankfin doesn't work.

Well, Nizmo's Bankfin series is quite close to that time window. I think it's a two hour difference. It's the closest thing, so far. I'll see if I can make something work, though, if the Bankfin doesn't work.

Well Bankfin time is 22:00 GMT+2 ... so that should make it around 20:00 BST ... Sunday nights ...

NizmoDr3
Well Bankfin time is 22:00 GMT+2 ... so that should make it around 20:00 BST ... Sunday nights ...

25 hours earlier should be possible :)

The problem is when I'm at my mom's place (which I am every time except every other weekend) I may only use the PS3 for about 45 (if I save time I can make it an hour and a little more) in a certain time-of-day slot (though I've succeeded in arguing for exceptions to race previously), but that's my 2 cents. I must say that I'm interested though 👍

25 hours earlier should be possible :)

The problem is when I'm at my mom's place (which I am every time except every other weekend) I may only use the PS3 for about 45 (if I save time I can make it an hour and a little more) in a certain time-of-day slot (though I've succeeded in arguing for exceptions to race previously), but that's my 2 cents. I must say that I'm interested though 👍

Alright. I'll personally keep you in the loop. We're discussing all of the options now, from <400 pp spec series to Formula Masters. :sly: We'll certainly have a nice thick schedule. :lol:

MrMelancholy15
Alright. I'll personally keep you in the loop. We're discussing all of the options now, from <400 pp spec series to Formula Masters. :sly: We'll certainly have a nice thick schedule. :lol:

Sounds good 👍 I'll keep an eye on what you come up with and have a look at it ;)

World Motorsport Association announcing a new series: Star Mazda

Today, it was released, that among the several closed-wheel touring car/endurance series, an open wheel series will also be available, run by MrMelancholy15.

Click here for further details.

Among further information, MrMelancholy15 was quoted, saying "There are lots of series in the works. It's no secret that there might be a kart series, too. If there is, it will run a shortened version of the schedule for the Star Mazda series. It will include tracks like Autumn Ring Mini, Suzuka East, and Grand Valley East."

The World Motorsport Association plans on organizing many series, specifically for the enjoyment of driving.

Mel told me to check this out... And I'm glad I did!

I would like to help organize series/ races and of course race!

A polite welcome to our newest members, Rallymorten and polarbear345.

I'd also like to congratulate -ourselves- on having some pretty awesome series going here. Wow. :)

Big welcome to Rallymorten and polarbear345 ... good to have you guys ... 👍

Dude, this is getting me hyper, man. I can't honestly wait 'til FIAT season starts. :lol: Star Mazda's looking great, it's working out well for my Tuning Garage, having all these different types of cars, and having replays of everything from Star Mazda, to rally, to FIATs, and VLN, and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. It's incredible, the diversity of cars we have here.

Too bad, that you can't really tune go-karts much. :lol:

Dude, this is getting me hyper, man. I can't honestly wait 'til FIAT season starts. :lol: Star Mazda's looking great, it's working out well for my Tuning Garage, having all these different types of cars, and having replays of everything from Star Mazda, to rally, to FIATs, and VLN, and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. It's incredible, the diversity of cars we have here.

Too bad, that you can't really tune go-karts much. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::crazy: ... well Fiat season starts next Sunday, so not long to wait ... this has grown far beyond my initial concept ... I'm greatful to the community here on :gtplanet: for showing such interest ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::crazy: ... well Fiat season starts next Sunday, so not long to wait ... this has grown far beyond my initial concept ... I'm greatful to the community here on :gtplanet: for showing such interest ...

NEXT SUNDAY? Alright, I need to tune, and tune and tune. :lol: Just kidding, I'm okay with the stock FIAT tune, I just need to build one.

Well you better get cracking ... how you get to spec power and weight is up to you ... as long as it's to spec ... 225/900

EDIT: Don't forget to CLICK HERE guys to register ...

Last edited:
Back