**Mid-week Caterham Racing League- MCRL**sign up now**

United States
mooresville, NC
FRT_LEGACY97
DISCLAIMER: This league is for racing enthusiasts and Caterham enthusiasts alike. It is a clean and fun league that follows the OLR rules.

The Mid-week Caterham Racing League
or MCRL for short​

picture.php

THE CAR: The Caterham 7 Fireblade is a British built kit car and is one of my favorite cars in Gran Turismo. Seriously hats off to the British for building such a fun car!!

Why should you join?

Well, if your like me you have been searching for a Caterham league for a long time and just haven't found one yet. I got tired of searching and waiting for the day someone would finally form a league for this spectacular car. So folks that day has come!! Like I said in the disclaimer at the top of the page in, red in case you didn't see it, This is a clean racing league and I try to follow the OLR rules.

ROOM SPECIFICS

The Host Will be no_bull_racing97 or any other steward that I see fit to run a league room.

Hosting: depends on host
Race quality: standard
Mics: OFF
Tire restrictions: sport soft
Horse Power restrictions: 256 for tuned 169 for stock
Aids: only ABS and Traction Control
visible Damage: off
Mechanical Damage: light
Disable collisions: off
Slipstream: weak
Boost: off
Penalty: off
Tyre wear/Fuel consumption: on
Grip reduction: real
Finish delay: 50sec
Tuning: there will be one race with tuning and one without. During the tuning race there will be ballast changes but during the stock race no ballast changes are allowed do to tuning prohibited specifications.

TIME AND DATE

picture.php

Events will be held on Wednesdays. The events will start at 6pm EST

Qualifying

Qualifying will begin 15 minutes before the start of the first race for both tuned and stock races. If a driver is too late for qualifying they will start at the back. the second race of both tuned and stock races will be determined by the reverse grid of the previous race.

The qualifying procedure is drivers will get 15 minutes to qualify for the first race for both tuned and stock races and will be lined up in the second race for both tuned and stock based on the reverse grid of the race before. It is important to note that once the 15 minute countdown is started it can not be stopped.

RACE PROCEDURE

The race lobby will open about 45 minutes before qualifying starts. There will be two races for both stock and tuned same number of laps for both. The first race will be stock and we will qualify for 15min. The second race will also be stock, but will be reverse grid of the first race. Then the process will be repeated for the tuned races with a 10 min break in between the second stock race and qualifying for the first tuned race

If a driver is too late getting into a room and the race has already started the race can not be stopped. Each and every driver is held accountable to making it on time.

Lapped cars are to let lapping cars pass cleanly. If two cars are battling for position and a lapping car comes up behind them then the two must allow for the lapping car to pass even if that means one driver has to give up position.

The MCRL adheres to the same rules outlined in the GTPlanet OLR. Drivers competing in any MCRL event must adhere to those rules and all other rules previously stated.

Drivers are to drive with respect and avoid making contact with other cars. If a car is pushed off track or spun out by another car then the driver of the car afflicting the collisions must stop and wait for the car that was spun or shoved off track to get going again. failure to do so will result in point penalties

Points system

1 : 25 Points
2 : 18 Points
3 : 15 Points
4 : 12 Points
5 : 10Points
6 : 8 Points
7 : 6 Points
8 : 4 Points
9 : 2 Points
10 : 1 Point
11+: 0 points​

it will be one series with and an all around championship and an individual championship for each type of race (non-tuning and tuning). A driver can race one or the other or both if a driver runs just one then then he/she has a chance of winning the championship in the selected series but if a driver runs both series he/she has a chance at winning the overall championship. The same goes for team championships.

If more than two drivers in a team race on any given race night, only the top two finishers in that team will count towards the team points. Meaning, for example if one driver in a team finishes 2nd, the next driver in that team finishes 5th and another driver in that team finishes 6th only the the drivers that finished 2nd and 5th will add their points towards the team championship. The 6th place driver would not add points to the team points championship.

DRIVERS
honorary MCRL drivers: Shoe_67, dsgerbc, BFBullpup
picture.php

All around:
picture.php

Stock:
picture.php

Tuned:
picture.php

TEAMS

picture.php

Please note that a driver must have his/her car painted the same color as the team that they are on for any of the driver's points to be counted towards that team.
All around:
picture.php

Stock:
picture.php

Tuned:
picture.php

All Teams are limited to four drivers. Each team has a team color and a team captain.

If you are interested in joining the series then please post a reply below with this template:

PSN name:
GTP name:
steering device:
team:
team color (only if you create a team):
If you want to create a team and be a team captain then please give a team color

If you would like to be a steward I'd greatly appreciate it I need at least 4 people to help me out with race review, disputable debates, and in cases where I can not make it to a Wednesday's races

thanks to the guys at GTRRL and IMMORTALPILOT for letting me use some of there rules and ideas

Thanks to MonSpaNur for helping me better the series

STEWARDS: no_bull_racin97, MonSpaNur
Next Race

MONDAY:

WEDNESDAY: The final MCRL season race: Indy-road course: The American Grand Prix- all races 6 laps

22:00 UTC- free practice starts
22:45 UTC- qualifying for race 1 starts
23:00 UTC- race 1 starts
23:10 UTC- race 2 starts
23:15 UTC- qualifying for race 3 starts
23:30 UTC- race 3 starts
23:40 UTC- race 4 starts

RESULTS:Week 4
RACE 1 (stock)

RACE 2 (stock)

RACE 3 (tuned)

RACE 4 (tuned)

Last edited:
The first team to be created will be Team Holy MaCRL and I will be the Team captain
Team colors will be ... drum roll please...............Matte Dark Blue

Last edited:
Looks good, I would be more interested if the we kept the cars stock, as this car produces great races when the "tuning prohibited" option is selected.

Looks good, I would be more interested if the we kept the cars stock, as this car produces great races when the "tuning prohibited" option is selected.

sorry I meant originally to have one tuned race and on stock race but I was tired last night and forgot to put that in. It is now updated

sorry I meant originally to have one tuned race and on stock race but I was tired last night and forgot to put that in. It is now updated

Cool, this looks good 👍. Do you mean there is going to be two separate series with one with tuning and one without? Or the same series, one race with tuning and one without?

I think I see now, same series. Also, Wednesday is the only day that I can't do it, if you decide to switch the race day, I would definitely sign up. 👍

Cool, this looks good 👍. Do you mean there is going to be two separate series with one with tuning and one without? Or the same series, one race with tuning and one without?

I think I see now, same series. Also, Wednesday is the only day that I can't do it, if you decide to switch the race day, I would definitely sign up. 👍

it will be one series with and an all around championship and an individual championship for each type of race (non-tuning and tuning). Sorry m8 Wednesday is the only day make it when you can make it.

changes to the rules please read.

-tires are now prohibited to sports softs
-Disable collision is set to off

practice lobby will be open tomorrow all who are interested in joining please join my lobby.

This looks fun. I'll have to see how I like the car. What time are you going to run the lobby?

Also, did you mean for the success ballast to be in lbs? The game is in kg, but with as light of a car as this is (369kg, 813lbs), I think 30 lbs is a fair weight gain for a win (~4%). 30kg is almost 10% total weight, which might be a little excessive.

Last edited:
This looks fun. I'll have to see how I like the car. What time are you going to run the lobby?

Also, did you mean for the success ballast to be in lbs? The game is in kg, but with as light of a car as this is (369kg, 813lbs), I think 30 lbs is a fair weight gain for a win (~4%). 30kg is almost 10% total weight, which might be a little excessive.

oh yeah oops thats right i'll change the ballst incraments are only for the tuning race so the same person doesn't always win it's will be fair and may even help the person who gets them because the torque is huge with these cars.

it will be one series with and an all around championship and an individual championship for each type of race (non-tuning and tuning). Sorry m8 Wednesday is the only day make it when you can make it.

I may be able to do 8 pm central, but even then I would be cutting it close most of the time, I will probably just sign up as a reserve, and make the ones I can.
@Veloci, this car is great, always produces great battles, especially with the tuning prohibited option selected.

I may be able to do 8 pm central, but even then I would be cutting it close most of the time, I will probably just sign up as a reserve, and make the ones I can.
@Veloci, this car is great, always produces great battles, especially with the tuning prohibited option selected.

ok m8 that is fine I know not everyone will be able to race on Wednesday but at least it gives people something to look forward to in the middle of the week.

working on the track list what do you guys think:

1. Tsukuba Circuit- 20 laps

2. Eiger Nordwand short Track- 15 laps

3. Autumn Ring- 15 laps

4. London- 35 laps

5. Circuito de Madrid Mini- 35 laps

6. Twin Ring Motegi East course- 15 laps

7. Monaco- 15 laps

8. Nürburgring GP/D- 15 laps

9. Trial Mountain /reverse- 15 laps

10. Indy- road course- 15 laps
please give me some feed back. I'd like to keep it to a modest 8-10 races.

Last edited:
Top gear will be interesting with the cross-through. I'd suggest replacing the triangle of Madrid Mini with something a little bit more challenging, like Madrid full or Monaco something similar. Maybe add some reverse courses to the list as well?

Top gear will be interesting with the cross-through. I'd suggest replacing the triangle of Madrid Mini with something a little bit more challenging, like Madrid full or Monaco something similar. Maybe add some reverse courses to the list as well?

yes I may add trial mountain/reverse

PSN: tbwhhs
Color: Formula Chameleon Green

ok mate sorry for not clarifying this, you can only request a color if you make your own team. Also, what do you drive with DS3 or steering wheel. Welcome to the MCRL

working on the track list what do you guys think:

1. Tsukuba Circuit- 20 laps

2. Eiger Nordwand Track- 20 laps

3. Autumn Ring- 15 laps

4. London- 25 laps

5. Circuito de Madrid Mini- 18 laps

6. Twin Ring Motegi East course- 15 laps

7. Monaco- 25 laps

8. Nürburgring GP/D- 20 laps

9. Trial Mountain /reverse- 15 laps

10. Indy- road course- 15 laps
please give me some feed back. I'd like to keep it to a modest 8-10 races.

update please reply

Back