**Mid-week Caterham Racing League- MCRL**sign up now**

ok mate sorry for not clarifying this, you can only request a color if you make your own team. Also, what do you drive with DS3 or steering wheel. Welcome to the MCRL

Sorry about that, I have a DS3.

motegi east= :D

I'm pretty pleased with Monaco I think it will be good

Last edited:
Izzyracer97
update please reply

Did you try running laps around those? It would seem that some races would take 20 minutes, while others will push 40. Is that your intention?

While there aren't enough weeknight leagues here, proposed format does not make we want to join. By mandating driving both stock and tuned cars you arre losing a ton of people. There are quite a few players here that either hate tuning, or driving stock cars. I'd pick one option and run with it.
Reverse grid is ok if you're shooting for 30+ minute second race.

Did you try running laps around those? It would seem that some races would take 20 minutes, while others will push 40. Is that your intention?

While there aren't enough weeknight leagues here, proposed format does not make we want to join. By mandating driving both stock and tuned cars you arre losing a ton of people. There are quite a few players here that either hate tuning, or driving stock cars. I'd pick one option and run with it.
Reverse grid is ok if you're shooting for 30+ minute second race.

you make a good point but the OP never says you have to race both. A driver can race one or the other or both if a driver runs just one then then he/she has a chance of winning the championship in the selected series but if a driver runs both series he/she has a chance at winning the overall championship. The same goes for team championships. I have done a great deal of thinking and contemplating and the reason why I have qualifying during the week is because it allows for more drivers than just 16 the race order was determined because it is a lot harder to make up ground when everyone has the same setup so qualifying is in stock specs.

EDIT: and thank you for pointing that. The OP has now been updated

Last edited:
EDIT: and thank you for pointing that. The OP has now been updated
Thanks for taking my comments as constructive ;)
If someone didn't race in the first race - the game will put them in front on the grid in the tuned race. Is this your intention? If there are multiple people like that - they will start in random order. Not sure that would make people racing in a tuned-only championship happy.

Personally, the first poll I'd run would be to see which interests people more: stock or a tuned series. And then taylor the rules to suit more popular category.

Thanks for taking my comments as constructive ;)
If someone didn't race in the first race - the game will put them in front on the grid in the tuned race. Is this your intention? If there are multiple people like that - they will start in random order. Not sure that would make people racing in a tuned-only championship happy.

Personally, the first poll I'd run would be to see which interests people more: stock or a tuned series. And then taylor the rules to suit more popular category.

hmm....thinking....thinking 💡 your right that is a bit of a problem, guess we will just have to do it Flintstones style and manually line up. now to fix the problem of the unfairness of people starting in back when they didn't race race 1.....more thinking..... 💡 I will have to do what I didn't want to do and have qualifying for both series. oh well I'll update the OP now

thanks again your very smart would you consider being a steward if you decide to join the league?

working on the track list what do you guys think:

1. Tsukuba Circuit- 20 laps

2. Eiger Nordwand short Track- 20 laps

3. Autumn Ring- 15 laps

4. London- 25 laps

5. Circuito de Madrid Mini- 25 laps

6. Twin Ring Motegi East course- 15 laps

7. Monaco- 25 laps

8. Nürburgring GP/D- 20 laps

9. Trial Mountain /reverse- 15 laps

10. Indy- road course- 15 laps
please give me some feed back. I'd like to keep it to a modest 8-10 races.

update race lengths changed also check the OP for new regulations

Last edited:
thanks again your very smart would you consider being a steward if you decide to join the league?
Thanks for the offer, but I barely have enough time to run in one GT5 league these days. I might be able to squeeze one more league into my schedule, but that's about it.

Thanks for the offer, but I barely have enough time to run in one GT5 league these days. I might be able to squeeze one more league into my schedule, but that's about it.

ok your always welcome as guest driver if you don't want to join. You won't be in the points but the Caterham is just fun to drive

I will be practicing till around three today so if anyone wants to join my lobby send me a FR through PSN and I will also have the room number posted below

working on the track list what do you guys think:

1. Tsukuba Circuit- 20 laps

2. Eiger Nordwand short Track- 15 laps

3. Autumn Ring- 15 laps

4. London- 35 laps

5. Circuito de Madrid Mini- 35 laps

6. Twin Ring Motegi East course- 15 laps

7. Monaco- 15 laps

8. Nürburgring GP/D- 15 laps

9. Trial Mountain /reverse- 15 laps

10. Indy- road course- 15 laps
please give me some feed back. I'd like to keep it to a modest 8-10 races.

update race length all races are now 20 min

This is the official schedule questions/ concerns?

Last edited:
here is a decent setup for this car it is not the fastest but at least it stabilizes the car a good bit.

LSD:

Suspension:
ride height- -4/4
spring rate- 8.8/3.8
dampers(E)- 2/7
dampers(C)- 4/3
anti-roll bars- 6/2

Wheel Alignment:
camber: 1.7/0.0
toe: 0.02/0.02

please comment so that I can make it better keep in mind this is just a bases

this guide was very helpful
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149604#post4406139

Last edited:
Since we're sharing tunes, I'll hand out mine. it's a work in progress and I'm still trying to iron out the bugs as well as ad more stability without diminishing turn-in

It's also from memory (I'll update it as needed)

LSD:

Suspension:
ride height- -3/3
spring rate- 8.6/8.1
dampers(E)- 7/10
dampers(C)- 4/4
anti-roll bars- 5/7

Wheel Alignment:
camber: 2.1/0.0
toe: 0.02/0.02

Since we're sharing tunes, I'll hand out mine. it's a work in progress and I'm still trying to iron out the bugs as well as ad more stability without diminishing turn-in

thanks mate are you going to join the league it will be very fun and judging on how well you did last night you will be one of the top guys

Interesting idea. I will keep an eye on this.

I assume this means a formation lap onto a rolling start is the way you're going. If so, what's the speed limit? On a different series I raced in the general speed limit was 60mph, but I kept to 40mph (was pole) after the last corner for Monaco to help keep the field bunched up (though, that was double file). Would a similar pace be maintained?

Also, though my presumption may be wrong, but would you be going for a 16 + 4 split if we had 20 people? If we had 36 people, I think 3 races of 12 people would be better than 2 races of 16 and a race of 4. I would also find it hard to believe that a steward would be in both rooms, as I've found that Stewards tend to have a fair amount of ability more often than not.

Finally, how much of a gap between stock and tuning races? Just worried about stuff going down, making people need a breather; d/c's holding up the race start possibly; and most importantly toilet breaks (with time to grab a beer :sly:).

Back