"A network error has occurred..."

• Thread starter t_w_a_h
  • 125 comments
Barra333
All week I have been getting super long load times before I even get a cursor at the main menu, then occasionally it wont let me even go to the community tab. Took me 10 min to load a seasonal event one evening. When I did get to try and join a room, I was incompatible with host twice, once I got a wait a while and try again message. There were also 3 different server error messages. Some of them boot me out of gt life back to the main menu for kicks too.
I signed out of psn, re-entered password, power cycled router, gt5 cache cleared yesterday.

Anyone else having problems? At the moment my internet connection isnt great, so I might accept disconnects once I am racing, but to spend 45 minutes and not even make it a race lobby, that really gets me going :grumpy:

Haven't you done the latest PS3 SYSTEM update not GT5 update. The update isn't mandatory yet. And i made a thread but closed it. Before I did others that were having problems with loading times/black screens reported back telling me it fixed it for them try it out. Go to the XMB screen then click System update. Let me know if it works. Sometimes like this case it fixes it

Thanks for that, almost certain I did update to it, unless it failed to DL. I left it to update overnight and told it to switch off when done. PS3 was off next time I used it, so I assume it worked. Will put it on a USB to take home this afternoon just in case/.

Barra333
Thanks for that, almost certain I did update to it, unless it failed to DL. I left it to update overnight and told it to switch off when done. PS3 was off next time I used it, so I assume it worked. Will put it on a USB to take home this afternoon just in case/.

Ok. I hope if you didn't do it. I hope it works. Remember once in a while the update come out before they are mandatory (as in you don't have to do it to sign in)

Ok. I hope if you didn't do it. I hope it works. Remember once in a while the update come out before they are mandatory (as in you don't have to do it to sign in)

I have a feeling my net went down before 4.30 came out, so when I got back on, it was mandatory, and I went straight to 4.31.

Back