"A network error has occurred..."

• Thread starter t_w_a_h
  • 125 comments
United Kingdom
3 feet high
just ask
"...Returning to the GT5 main menu."

Is anyone else suddenly unable to access GT5 when signed into PSN?

Works fine offline.

General internet is fine, ps3 network test gives results as expected but GT5 "life" unavailable.

Is it just me?

Edit:
Also just got "a connection to the server could not be established. (I'D =3:536)

Edit 2:
Offline portion of game now working (slowly) but getting unable to connect messages on all online sections, seasonal, lobbies etc.

Edit3:
Now working. very very odd.

Please disregard.

Mods please lock.

Last edited:
I was in the middle of a race when it happened... I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one with this issue...
- TheHollander1982

I also had this issue on startup, but as soon as I went to the title screen (from the PS3 menu) it didn't do anything. It seemed as if it told me about a error that wasn't there.

I have begun to have these same issues. Never ever happened before update 2.08. I am about fed up at this point.

I got a network error yesterday before I got to the main screen. However, when I clicked on GT Life, everything was fine. Seasonals came up as well as the OCD. It's happened one other time to me before.

yeah, some real weird stuff happening at the moment.

Over the last few nights i have been offline i have been "disconnected from the lobby server" about 8 or 9 times. I had set up an open lobby and had 4 drivers at the time, who were also kicked.

After the 6th time, i left and set up a room in my own lobby, but it wouldn't let me in saying i was "incompatable with the room owner"......in my own room !!!!

So i rebooted, and then it still wouldn't let me in.......in the screen that shows the drivers in the room, i was already there !!!!! then it rejected me and said "room error"

Hope it gets sorted soon, i have another season starting next weekend with 40 odd drivers, it doesnt do a lot for their mood when they get booted half way through a race, or worse still cant get into a room.....

This is an absolute joke , since the new update its been screwed, fix one thing 🤬 another, DC about 15 times in 24 hours, 🤬

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone found a way round this yet to actually get a game online? I can't even connect to the servers at all now but the online dealership works fine :s

PSN connections fine also as I'm getting about 30meg down and 7meg up.

anyone found a way round this yet to actually get a game online? I can't even connect to the servers at all now but the online dealership works fine :s

PSN connections fine also as I'm getting about 30meg down and 7meg up.

I'm in the same boat.
Can't get online.

Since 2.08 came out, I have numerous disconnects from my own lobby, which has also kicked my friends out too. It's beyond the joke at this point, and has to be sorted out, before GT5 stops working online all together

I think I´m having the same problem that you guys. I had these problems withe losing connection to servers and so on, but since an hour ago, I cant even connect to it. Which is wierd because my OCD and seasonals are working fine. I've tryed to diconnect the router, restart the system and clear the cache, among other things, and it just keeps telling me that it cant connect and giving me the error 268. PD better be fixing this sh¤¤...

Ever since the last update, I've had network issues and freezing,
As of today I can't even get on the main lobby page, fix it pd I'm getting fed up

Everyone is having the same problem. Just started for me yesterday. I have no clue what the problem is. But it's obvious GT 5 really F ed up big. Everything else is fine online. When I'm in the room with me alone I get disconnected to from my own room fixed to host network. 268 error is a server time out. How is the server timing out if there's no lagg, no people and works completely fine with no issues? Then poof. You have been disconnected from server. An error has occurred [268]

The 268 and 282 error started to happen to me from about 2 hours ago, I was in my lounge, alone, got booted .... rejoin my lounge, booted again, it happened 4 times in a row, then I can't even enter main lobby menu or join my own lounge, greeted by error 268 or 282. I guess we have to wait it out for a few hours, see if PD can fix this.

Reporting error 268 and 282

It was happening last night, but right now the lobby is absolulety inaccessible.

Sigh..

same problem here guys, disconnected from my own lobby about 2pm, all the above errors since. PD u suck the b4lls of the monkeh !

i jus want me some ring action :(

PD has just posted a warning on the news of the game, telling that the online services are interrupted and that they are working to fix it. Keep calm.

same problem here guys, disconnected from my own lobby about 2pm, all the above errors since. PD u suck the b4lls of the monkeh !

i jus want me some ring action :(

Hehehehehe XD your funny Tox i like that and agreed PD servers have been rather crappy since yesterday. While there at fixing this internet crap they should fix the physics of the game to. ive noticed some problems with the car response and also online lagg for a while no matter how many times ive clean my cache. Anyone else having this proble,m?

Online Service shutdown completely in my area for GT5. News letter reading Online Service Interruption. 2.08 follows the trend of (GT5) updates making things worse in areas of game that previously worked or were tolerable. :(

Last edited:
Back