how to break-in a car

  • Thread starter Thread starter blknazn
  • 27 comments
  • 3,052 views
Messages
41
Messages
SuperHI
hi, ive searched the forums and cant find out how to break in a car.. any help out there? thanks
 
hi, ive searched the forums and cant find out how to break in a car.. any help out there? thanks

Just.. Drive it. Pretty simple honestly..

Around 200 miles should do it.
 
Depends. The OCD cars come with a little higher Horsepower and a few more Performance Points VS a car that came out from a ticket. Before 200 miles it seems to have reached it's max HP level without any goodies added into them.

For me, it seems that OCD cars allows you to do chassis and engine over hauls much quicker than a ripped car. Those you dont have any option for engine overhaul till near 180miles on the odometer. Chassis over haul depends if you start the AI or hit the walls.
 
Just.. Drive it. Pretty simple honestly..

Around 200 miles should do it.

300KM is the limit, not sure what that equates to in miles. But do the 300KM endurance at Grand Valley, or get a bob to do it. Make sure you change the oil before and after break in too for max hp.

Chassis over haul depends if you hit the walls.

No, this has no effect, simple mileage is what causes this deterioration.
 
Breaking in a car is a very difficult prodecure, so I'll give it to you in the easiest form.

1) Drive the car for 1 hour straight.
2) Do the 4 hours of Nubugring in it.
3) Paint the car pink.
4) Crash the car and make part of it fall off.
5) Do another 4 hour enduro.
6) Do 5 hours on Special Stage Route 7.

Your car is now broken in.
 
hi, ive searched the forums and cant find out how to break in a car.. any help out there? thanks

Drive it for a coupe hours then your car going to be broken in.i made my xjr-9 have 1005 hp by breaking it in and putting a high rpm turbo in it.
 
Breaking in a car is a very difficult prodecure, so I'll give it to you in the easiest form.

1) Drive the car for 1 hour straight.
2) Do the 4 hours of Nubugring in it.
3) Paint the car pink.
4) Crash the car and make part of it fall off.
5) Do another 4 hour enduro.
6) Do 5 hours on Special Stage Route 7.

Your car is now broken in.

OP will probably do all of this.
 
"Sorg has calculated that 300km appears to be the constant value at which all new cars achieve maximum engine power output during the “break-in” period."

News FTW!

Breaking in a car is a very difficult prodecure, so I'll give it to you in the easiest form.

1) Drive the car for 1 hour straight.
2) Do the 4 hours of Nubugring in it.
3) Paint the car pink.
4) Crash the car and make part of it fall off.
5) Do another 4 hour enduro.
6) Do 5 hours on Special Stage Route 7.

Your car is now broken in.

:lol:
 
The easiest way that I've found is to let b-spec bob to it in the Indy 500 eduro race. Sure, it goes over the 200 mile mark, but it can be done overnight while you sleep. Wake up and you have a fully broken in car after oil change.
 
I've never really tried to break in cars, it just happens while I'm messing around driving them. Therefore, I recommend not "trying" to break them in, but just driving around on your favorite tracks and having fun. This is how I broke in my F2007, and I had a great time hot lapping Spa.:D
 
At night before I go to bed, I throw the car on the Nurb 4 hour endurance with my bob's. Win or loose, it gets broken in.
 
Don't forget any distance you drive backwards will undo the break in by a factor of 2:1

;)
 
Crowbars usually work quite well, or so I've heard.
 
A NOTE ABOUT MY PREVIOUS POST: This process WILL break in your car, maybe just a bit too much. However, if you want to A-Spec it, simply go onto a SSRX enduro.
 
Breaking in a car is a very difficult prodecure, so I'll give it to you in the easiest form.

1) Drive the car for 1 hour straight.
2) Do the 4 hours of Nubugring in it.
3) Paint the car pink.
4) Crash the car and make part of it fall off.
5) Do another 4 hour enduro.
6) Do 5 hours on Special Stage Route 7.

Your car is now broken in.

:lol::lol:;):lol::lol::lol:
 
At first, I thought the title said "How to break into a car"
 
Or if you want a fast way to do it, just use up one of the 'restore car to new' tickets from the latest seasonals.


👍
 
Last edited:
I'm fond of the...Roll it till the parts fall off method.:sly:
 
Crowbars usually work quite well, or so I've heard.

Phillips-head screwdriver - the rozzers get less suspicious :sly:

On a more serious note, it seemingly depends on where you accumulate your mileage. With a mixture of on and offline mileage, my R35 GTR TC took 260 miles to fully run in, others stopped accumulating power at a little under 200 miles. I've yet to experience a singular specific mileage that works across all cars, so generally run to at least 250 miles.
 
Phillips-head screwdriver - the rozzers get less suspicious :sly:

On a more serious note, it seemingly depends on where you accumulate your mileage. With a mixture of on and offline mileage, my R35 GTR TC took 260 miles to fully run in, others stopped accumulating power at a little under 200 miles. I've yet to experience a singular specific mileage that works across all cars, so generally run to at least 250 miles.

Running seasonal time trials adds mileage to the odometer, but they are not "real miles." Meaning, they don't add any wear-and-tear to the car, which would include break-in. So you can run 1,000 miles in a TT and your car will have 1,000 miles but still be in pristine non-broken-in showroom state. I believe that online races which do not have tire/fuel consumption activated work the same way.

There may or may not be some other ways to add "fake" mileage to your car's stats, but those are the ones I am aware of that can cause discrepancies between the odometer and your break-in status. The consensus seems to be that it is approximately 180 miles/300 kilometers of "real" mileage to reach a fully broken in state. It's possible but unlikely that PD did something really complicated here, but most claims of one car or another being different probably have some of those "fake" miles added to them.
 
Running seasonal time trials adds mileage to the odometer, but they are not "real miles." Meaning, they don't add any wear-and-tear to the car, which would include break-in. So you can run 1,000 miles in a TT and your car will have 1,000 miles but still be in pristine non-broken-in showroom state. I believe that online races which do not have tire/fuel consumption activated work the same way.

There may or may not be some other ways to add "fake" mileage to your car's stats, but those are the ones I am aware of that can cause discrepancies between the odometer and your break-in status. The consensus seems to be that it is approximately 180 miles/300 kilometers of "real" mileage to reach a fully broken in state. It's possible but unlikely that PD did something really complicated here, but most claims of one car or another being different probably have some of those "fake" miles added to them.
Didn't know that the TT's won't break-in the car. It is true that tire wear has to be on when racing online for the car to break-in.

Also, I found out the hard way that turning off the tire wear in practice mode still breaks-in the car. I wasted an hour tuning a tranny on a car only to find out it was losing hp even with tire wear off :ouch:.
 
Back