Rome_5_zpse845929a.jpg

Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92

Rome_6_zpsc76c5052.jpg

Rome Reverse

Rome_8_zpse859bb80.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Seasonal Events : World Compact Car Race / Rome City Reverse : 5 Laps
  • Track: City > Rome Reverse
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > Mazda
  • Model: Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • Laps: Race in Seasonal Event Mode

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Performance Points (PP): 395 PP Max - This is the PP with an Oil Change, Full Break In, Wing with Full Aero, and Minimum Weight (No Ballast).
  • Power: 97 HP (After Oil Change and Full Break In)
  • Weight: 647 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: All Allowed
  • Engine Modifications: ECU Tuning and Engine Stage 1
  • Intake Modifications: Sports Intake Manifold and Racing Air Filter
  • Exhaust Modifications: Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Cat Converter and Racing Exhaust
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Upgrades Not Allowed. Turbo Upgrades verifiable by looking at turbo meter on HUD in replay theater.
  • Drivetrain Modifications: All Allowed
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: ON (Forced ON in this game mode)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension
  • Aero: Full Aero Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Comfort Soft (C3's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All Surfaces Are Track
  • AI Contact - 1 Incident in which AI initiates contact is allowed. Review is based on steering input. If car is turned in toward AI car, contact is illegal.

Steward's Comments
Strong car and track this week. This is our first event with AI cars on GT5, please show up.

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Replay'. This is the only option in this mode.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.

Save-Replay-Icon_zps1e7f7a20.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap Time of First 4 Laps
  • Total Event Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total event time or lap times of the first 4 laps

Rome_9_zps4b71fb8f.jpg

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Last Lap Time
  • Any settings discussion

Number of Splits: 1

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to. It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 101 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Submitted Time is Total of All Laps Combined
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final race time
  • The deadline is Monday, January 28th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Rome_7_zps86ab1adc.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh! Sounds interesting. Hopefully I can find some time for this.

I will be the one to ask the dumb question for clarification: post last lap time, submit entire race time?

Additionally to Barra333´s questions :

-Your Car Choice May be Discussed this week.
Do we have a choice ?

- Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
Means we have to PM Fetchy the complete race time via the Time command and add the last lap time to Fetchy ?

Oooh! Sounds interesting. Hopefully I can find some time for this.

I will be the one to ask the dumb question for clarification: post last lap time, submit entire race time?

Do we have a choice ?

Means we have to PM Fetchy the complete race time via the Time command and add the last lap time to Fetchy ?

The car choice line and the PM your final lap time are copy paste errors from last weeks thread.

In order to compete you have to send the total race time of the 5 laps to fetchy.

In the meantime only the last laptime can be discussed here in this thread but it may not give information about the total racetime.

I will edit the OP.👍

Last edited:

Do we have a choice ?

I've further clarified the OP. Sorry for the errors, I was in a bit of a rush last night.

Submission is total race time, all laps combined. The last lap is posted here in the thread. In theory, it should be your fastest lap, as it will be run in clean air.

The car choice line and the PM your final lap time are copy paste errors from last weeks thread.

In order to compete you have to send the total race time of the 5 laps to fetchy.

In the meantime only the last laptime can be discussed here in this thread but it may not give information about the total racetime.

I will edit the OP.👍

Thanks for the help. 👍

BTW, for all participants. The car likes to be short shifted. With the transmission I had in it, correct shift point was about 8,000 RPM. It makes a significant difference, you should not wind it to red line, and if you are used to using an auto trans, this would be a good week to learn to shift for yourself.

EDK
I've further clarified the OP. Sorry for the errors, I was in a bit of a rush last night.

Thanks for the clarification.
No need to apologize i think, you all doing a good job in their leisure time here.
👍

[/COLOR][/B]
SRF is forced ON

That's odd.

I drove the car on some other seasonal events, and it did not seem different to me in testing.

It is what it is at this point, and everyone is on a level playing field. Not what I would normally like to do for a WRS, but then again, we have AI this week, so can likely use any available advantage.

5 laps, nice. With the PP being so low, I don't think having SRF on will make too much difference.

watchdrama8jm.gif

Jerome

First race try.

1'46.927

Not sure how too see the exact complete racing time, in the replay time is not stopping when passing the line. And on the replay in the theater is not the time, theres only the finishing position. Any trick for me to learn ?

Last edited:
First race try.

Not sure how too see the exact complete racing time, in the replay time is not stopping when passing the line. And on the replay in the theater is not the time, theres only the finishing position. Any trick for me to learn ?

Live timing monitor works, correct?

If not, you can just grab the times off the HUD in replay.

Directly after race i did not noted the time, but thats the same when checking a replay later on. So you have to see it in the replay. But the the total time which is top right side is not stopping when passing finishline. No idea where to see it otherwise.
One way could be to add the five laptimes, they are displayed in the datamonitor each round in the replay.

Directly after race i did not noted the time, but thats the same when checking a replay later on. So you have to see it in the replay. But the the total time which is top right side is not stopping when passing finishline. No idea where to see it otherwise.
One way could be to add the five laptimes, they are displayed in the datamonitor each round in the replay.

That's exactly what you need to do, add the 5 lap times together.

Remember that there are 60 seconds in a minute, not 100. That's a common error when adding lap times.

Something new and challeging 👍 But Kevin you are giving us a lot of work. Not only do we need to drive 5 laps, on top of that we need to make calculations aswell :D

Ok, thanks, now i got it.
Made a short OpenOffice Calcular File for it, than its fast and easy to add.

Thanks for help.

1'44.221
1'38.747

Last edited:
EDK
That's exactly what you need to do, add the 5 lap times together.

Remember that there are 60 seconds in a minute, not 100. That's a common error when adding lap times.

You can also do this easily with excel :) it will probably be more accurate just use the time format mm.ss.000 then sum it all up

First time I turn the volume off my tv down, this car has an awfull anoying sound !!:ouch:

1'37.137

Last edited:
Bought the car,painted it orange and took it to the track.
Stock settings,last lap 1'37.633

Fun combo,:)

Last edited:
What a fun little car. :D Excellent choice Kevin. 👍

Motegi just got to me today so decided to give this one a couple of runs... and glad I did. 2 goes at the race so far after a quick shakedown to put a setup on the car:

mazdaaz1.jpg

For gear ratios:
Set Max Speed to 93mph (150kph)
Set ratios as above
Set Final to 3.168

1'31.273

Keep partial throttle through the bends to avoid lift-off over-steer and use every slip-stream you can. Keep foot in when overtaking as well - after a few runs you'll see how the AI responds when you're close and learn how small a gap you can squeeze through. ;)

Nice combo and a good choice for our first AI race event. :)

What a fun little car. :D Excellent choice Kevin. 👍

Motegi just got to me today so decided to give this one a couple of runs... and glad I did. 2 goes at the race so far after a quick shakedown to put a setup on the car:

mazdaaz1.jpg

For gear ratios:
Set Max Speed to 93mph (150kph)
Set ratios as above
Set Final to 3.168

1'31.273

Keep partial throttle through the bends to avoid lift-off over-steer and use every slip-stream you can. Keep foot in when overtaking as well - after a few runs you'll see how the AI responds when you're close and learn how small a gap you can squeeze through. ;)

Nice combo and a good choice for our first AI race event. :)

:cheers: Chris. Great points all around. As you get pace going, you can typically catch AI at predictable places, and they normally have a predictable line. The kink is the only place I found to be a lap killer, and once you're past the first couple of laps, that's not much of a risk.

Also keep in mind that the lineup of cars/drivers changes when you re-load the event. If you're having a lot of trouble with the AI, load and try again.

I had a pretty good idea from Friday on that this was the event I wanted to use. The issue I had was finding a car that was at or under the PP limit with all of the unverifiable parts added.

That, and some cars are just terrible when you max them out (Insert Toyota Vitz).

I was really hoping to make either the Lupo or mm-R cup car work, but the Lupo allows window weight reduction, of all things, and the mm-R is over on PP out of the box.

I also built a VW Beetle with a Low RPM Turbo. I don't think that car is capable of winning the event, but it was fun to drive. It REALLY had to be short shifted, maybe 3,000 RPM, IIRC.

I started scouring the dealers for low PP cars and came across this one. The technology for the time is crazy, neat to have all that thrown at a Kei Car! It turns out that it's a Suzuki, so I guess this is our second Bike Engine event. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autozam_AZ-1

As far as I know, the F6A engine has never been used in a motorcycle, and as far as I know, there are only two Bike-engined cars in GT5. One being the Suzuki GSXR/4 concept and other, the Caterham Fireblade. :sly:

Car running in now.

1'37.325
1'35.732

Wondering a bit about my pp.
Have now 352km and 72kw which is approximately 96.5 hp but only 395 pp.
Someone has 400pp ?

Last edited:
Hello!

1'33.352

Sounds like an insect hive!

1'31.984

Last edited:
EDK

Teehee. I knew there was a reason I liked Amemiya; they're nuts. I looked up the mentioned GReddy VI-AZ1 (aka GReddy 6) from the article:

http://rojasblog.wordpress.com/2011/03/15/re-amemiya-az-1/

http://thekevinchen.wordpress.com/2010/06/06/greddy-vi-az1/

http://pedal2themetal.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/re-amemiya-greddy-vi-az1-born-as-elf-raised-like-a-giant/

There's very little info on it, because there's precisely one.

Can we use the blue one sometime? Can we can we can we?

I'm really bummed I didn't get to have a proper crack at GT-R/Motegi (one session last week, spent more time in the Supra, and was quickly unconscious last night), so I'll try to get off my date for this one. Interesting event!

Car running in now.

1'37.325
1'35.732

Wondering a bit about my pp.
Have now 352km and 72kw which is approximately 96.5 hp but only 395 pp.
Someone has 400pp ?

Did you add the wing and max the aero?

Have you done a follow up oil change?

Did you do all weight reduction, including window and hood?

My car had the same stats as Chris' after I did all the mods (and re-checked them twice) - 94hp, 647kg, 392PP. I thought that 8PP was going to be a big gain for break in, but I will have to wait and see. I haven't driven it enough to need the follow up oil change yet.

Back