Should PD have let the modding slide? ... OP Updated.

Should PD allow this activity in GT5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
London, Ontario
Starky513
Today is a sad day in the world of Gran Turismo as PD has erased all manipulated automobiles from peoples garages. As much as we all hated the 100,000 horse power cars we loved the ability to create OUR OWN CARS. You could see 5 beautifully created automobiles for every over powered piece of garbage there was. Whether it be illegitimately cool creations in drift rooms with epic motor swaps or wide body, stanced JDM cars in cruise rooms. This "modding-spree" opened up massive doors for Gran Turismo 5, yet Kaz & the gang slammed it shut on our tails. If they were smart game creators that made car games for car lovers rather then make games for profit, they would have updated the game with engine swapping capabilities and called it a day. This way, everyone would be happy. Drifters, JDMers, Drag Racers, and everyone would love to see the atomic-powered cars dropped like a bad habit. I for one will not be updating my game for a long long time and will make many videos with the modded cars I've created. If I feel like racing, F1 2012 and RFactor will be where I'm at. For those who hate on "personalized cars" or rejoice in seeing them go, you have either never experienced an enthusiast built car, or you were mad you never had one. Keep in mind this is a 2.5 year old game, and we haven't seen GT5 have such a relevance in the last year.
Also: before anyone asks, I'm not saying people who manipulated cars are the ONLY automotive enthusiasts that play the game. That clearly makes no sense.

An example of "hacked cars" replicating real world cars.
.... hacked :rolleyes:

Example of realistic hybrids at work.👍

Last edited:
I think they are cool in realistic specs and not used to ruin the serious online races.

Anything above 1500hp starts to get a bit ridiculous and useless.

But I'm all in for 1000hp Supras, GTRs, etc... or 300hp Beetles.

IMHO PD could put a "hardcoded" limit to around 2000hp...

I think they are cool in realistic specs and not used to ruin the serious online races.

Anything above 1500hp starts to get a bit ridiculous and useless.

But I'm all in for 1000hp Supras, GTRs, etc... or 300hp Beetles.

IMHO PD could put a "hardcoded" limit to around 2000hp...

I'm in the same boat as you.. the 3k hp Civic is over the top.

I have no problems with the 1000hp Supra, it's possible to tune a 2JZ-GTE passt 1000hp in real life. Also, I've been playing around with a hacked AE86 Shigeno, with hi-RPM turbo it can output 689hp. I don't think a race-spec 4A-G can be tuned up to that, but you can always think of the hacked AE86S as a car that had an engine swap. I've also seen a Nissan S13 that has around 475-500hp.

I'd like to make a point. If it was this "easy" to mod/make hybrids through hacking, then PD should have implemented engine swaps in the first place.

The 1000HP Supra, 1800HP Skyline R34, RB26DETT S13, 500HP GT86 are fine when being used online.

The 100,000HP X2010, 3000HP 307, 3000HP Civic EK, 2000HP FGT, 40,000HP GT-R Spec-V should be kept offline.

The 1000HP Supra, 1800HP Skyline R34, RB26DETT S13, 500HP GT86 are fine when being used online.

The 100,000HP X2010, 3000HP 307, 3000HP Civic EK, 2000HP FGT, 40,000HP GT-R Spec-V should be kept offline.

What's the difference? It's up to the host.

The ideal would be keeping them fully in game while giving room host proper options/control. 100000 HP X1's are perfectly fine online, but the host gets to choose what is allowed and what's not. 100,000 HP X1's should be able to be banned. 1000 HP Supras should be able to be banned. Stock Subaru 360's should be able to be banned.

However I wouldn't really blame PD if the modded cars are patched due to the nature of their creation.

Who cares what the 6 year olds do when their programmer father gives them some fun 6 year old cars?

When I was six, the most fun things were: crashing and winning.

But, the second you take it online, it's unfair and annoying.

Online: no

Offline: let the 6 year olds be 6 years olds, yes!

Yea I'm pretty sure everyone would agree to have them free to use in a lounge for fun and all, but restricted from public rooms to avoid unfairness.

If engine swaps were allowed I believe it would only be right to swap between the same manufacturer and have no more power than the motor can get in game fully upgraded. That would be cool.

i think they should just ban those idiots who overpower the use them. Anyway i moved away from the unrealistic mods. and going to the realistic mods. Like S13 RB26.....

If Sony would put a ban alot of us would be banned.

The trouble is I assume other car settings can be changed by people making these cars (like mechanical grip). That is something hidden in the game data that can't be seen by most users. So to online room filters it would be an unchanged car. However it could be set up to stick to the road like glue giving it an unfair stealth advantage. Coding would be complex and slow to identify those types or car.

The trouble is I assume other car settings can be changed by people making these cars (like mechanical grip). That is something hidden in the game data that can't be seen by most users. So to online room filters it would be an unchanged car. However it could be set up to stick to the road like glue giving it an unfair stealth advantage. Coding would be complex and slow to identify those types or car.

No one found out how to do mechanical grip yet. Anything considered to change grip values freezes the game.

One of my friends has a car that looks like a Fiat 500, but has the engine and chassis of an X2010. I'd say there's a way to change grip levels. :sly:

One of my friends has a car that looks like a Fiat 500, but has the engine and chassis of an X2010. I'd say there's a way to change grip levels. :sly:

Ill tell you a fact. it cant turn like the X2010. Its Rubbish. Its pointless with tire wear and fuel because it cant hold on fuel lolol. And infact no one will have the balls to bring it in a race. Since they will get kicked. Anyway or how. Its pointless because you will know if its modded.

Last edited:
Haha, why?

Because they can be as much as a problem as any other car when you're trying to race something else that's in a different class entirely.

Or it could simply be that the host wants to race very slow cars excluding the 360. Options are always good.

Yeah it should be there, through PD or any other way.

Finally it opens doors for me to create replicas that have real-life specs beyond PD limits.
Slender_Man tuned 2 cars for me, an Honda CR-Z Bisimoto which has 538bhp (!) and a SPEEDHUNTERS Toyota 86-X (Driftcar) which (top of my head) got 580bhp.

A new world opens up!

What happens when you do an engine swap with an NSX Chassis? You drop say 500 hp into an NSX how much PP does it have? Can you make an NSX 4wd with the same handling? Who's to say you can't multiply someting like the effect of the carbon drive shaft and other drivetrain parts that don't affect PP but affect performance? Guaranteed, there will be a way around the PP limits, someone will find it.

What happens when you do an engine swap with an NSX Chassis? You drop say 500 hp into an NSX how much PP does it have? Can you make an NSX 4wd with the same handling? Who's to say you can't multiply someting like the effect of the carbon drive shaft and other drivetrain parts that don't affect PP but affect performance? Guaranteed, there will be a way around the PP limits, someone will find it.

It was hinted before on another thread prior to v2.11 coming out that cheating online is possible by the programmer's acquaintance. I would believe cheating in T/T is not excluded either.

It was hinted before on another thread prior to v2.11 coming out that cheating online is possible by the programmer's acquaintance. I would believe cheating in T/T is not excluded either.

I have absolutely no doubt this will happen, just a matter of time. One or two guys you might rely on not to affect the integrity of the game. Thousands? Not a chance. It's probably happening already, but won't likely come out into the public eye until it becomes pretty obvious. This is why I think it's happening already:

I havent read the entire thread, even last page lol

but i was racing in a 550pp i usualy go, and there was a Lancer, i dont know how much power it had but it was really fast on the straight, i had the TVR speed 6 wich is one of the fastest straight line car at 550pp and he left me in the dust, he was slowing down later and he denied using an hybrid... it was obvious...

The thing is the limit was set to 550pp, did they finaly hacked the PP limit as well?

Mike is one of the fastest in the world at the Ring and he knows hundreds of cars inside and out there and if he says he got beat by a hybrid I believe it, without question. Only a matter of time now for it to become like a cancer.

Personally I am fine with hybrids, as long as they don't ruin the experiences of others when playing online. Unfortunately, the aforementioned is deemed inevitable~

Well all the polls are tied up.. ._. Honestly i would kick people using Hybrids. In PP Rooms. Serious racing. i would only use hybrids for offline use. or Lounges :P.

I have absolutely no doubt this will happen, just a matter of time. One or two guys you might rely on not to affect the integrity of the game. Thousands? Not a chance. It's probably happening already, but won't likely come out into the public eye until it becomes pretty obvious. This is why I think it's happening already:

Meantime for the T/T seasonal you can easily spot them if they just show up on top 100 and they never reached that tier before. Like the Gokart one. Difficult to get under 200 as it is. But you can see based on history average.

As for Online...reviewing replays :ouch: But, the group I run with are honorable. 👍

Meantime for the T/T seasonal you can easily spot them if they just show up on top 100 and they never reached that tier before. Like the Gokart one. Difficult to get under 200 as it is. But you can see based on history average.

As for Online...reviewing replays :ouch: But, the group I run with are honorable. 👍

I see names on the leaderboard all the time I've never seen before. It isn't the same from event to event.

I see names on the leaderboard all the time I've never seen before. It isn't the same from event to event.
Well tune sharing each T/T is a killer though. You got new folks jumping leaps and bounds but not to the top 20. I work to get in under 200 mark and new tune throws me back to the 300 zone. Just saying that a quicker ET by a noticeable margin and no history of running and or history with very low ranking is fishy. The Gokarts was like that. Have not seen it recently, but not clicking away at 100 members for each event either :scared:

Edit* So far T/T does not seem infected.

Well tune sharing each T/T is a killer though. You got new folks jumping leaps and bounds but not to the top 20. I work to get in under 200 mark and new tune throws me back to the 300 zone. Just saying that a quicker ET by a noticeable margin and no history of running and or history with very low ranking is fishy. The Gokarts was like that. Have not seen it recently, but not clicking away at 100 members for each event either :scared:

Edit* So far T/T does not seem infected.

quite hard to infect it :P. to match pp.

I think Hybriding is fine and that If the hybrid is realistic I.E. a 1500hp Trans cammer(funny car) or a 1000Hp Supra(Veilside's 1kHP MK4 from Forza 1). Now, A 5kHP 360 is a tad ridiculous. I personally see no issue with making realistic cars. If this is in fact the most realistic "driving"(i use driving bc it can simulate nearly any driver's dream situation) In real life there are 302 ford swapped MX5's and LS1 swapped anything's. Hacking is just a hybrider's way of doing what can potentially be done in real life. If a Hacker wants to make me a Veilside Supra with 1kHP or a Realistic Muscle car that can do a wheel stand I'm for it but not a something that is unrealistic(i.e. anything involving parts from x2010, x2011 as it it's self has not been made REAL and DRIVING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back