POLL: Happy or unhappy with Standard cars?

Are you happy having standard cars in GT6?

• Yes, I'm happy of having standard cars in GT6

Votes: 188 31.8%
  • No, I'm not happy of having standard cars in GT6

Votes: 237 40.0%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 167 28.2%

• Total voters
Canada
Canada
I need to know how many folks here are happily comfortable or uncomfortable with standard cars featuring in GT6, even when there updated to clear out the whole premium/standard thing that happened in GT5.

ALL cars (including standard cars) will be able to be in photomode and customizable.

Just in case, heres a link to read up about them below my comment.

Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 6 Standard/Premium Cars, DLC, PlayStation 4, & More
https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-standardpremium-cars/

So vote away.

Last edited:
Standard cars was one of the biggest problems with GT5. Why does PD insist on repeating their biggest mistake ever with their new game? The way I see it, if you can't make every car have the same quality, don't even bother putting those cars in. 800 standard cars and 200 premiums? That is pathetic. Transferring GT4 models over to GT5 comes off as lazy and PD trying to cut corners to make their game seem "better" when it is nowhere close to other sim games. I don't know of any other company out there that puts half-assed cars into their games.

For me they are just out of place. There is no need for them now. GT6 1200 cars?

That means 400 premiums plus however many standards they manage to upgrade to full premium. Who knows what that number is? PD. 25?, 50? or 100 at absolute best.

That means between 425 and 500 premiums. Honestly, that's easily enough cars to allow a great deal of diversity in the game.

The issue for me isn't with having or not having standard cars in GT6, it's what would we have instead of them if they we're removed. The answer is nothing, or close to nothing anyway. The standard cars aren't wonderful but they do add to GT5. Of course if they we're all premium then that would be amazing but that was never an option. By including them we are getting more than we otherwise would have got. At least there are more premium cars and less standards in GT6 than GT5.

It would have been nice to have all the cars as premium but it was never realistic. Apart from the effort of modelling them, PD would have had to go and find all the cars they already had as standard and have them all rescanned/photographed/whatever - was never going to happen.

The only usable thing with standard cars are the paints, they're ugly, the only one I'm was using is the Chaparral 2j only for B-Spec

I don't care.
Besides cars won't be categorized as standards and premiums in GT6 anymore.

They could remove the categorization in GT5, doesn't mean the models are suddenly equal. It's more a way of hiding it.

It's way too early for me to judge whether i'm happy on there being standard cars in GT6.

I want to see if standards at least get the premium external treatment. If it does, i'll be happy. If not, i'll be sad.

Ahh the votes are coming along well, come on guys vote vote. Oh, and adding reasons why is also helpful as well, I want to understand them. :D

So far the unhappy is winning, how will this end up? ^_^

It's way too early for me to judge whether i'm happy on there being standard cars in GT6.

I want to see if standards at least get the premium external treatment. If it does, i'll be happy. If not, i'll be sad.

Hehe. That's why I added the "Don't care" option. 👍

If there were no standard cars i would not be able to drive my real car in the game so i would be gutted to see standards vanish !!

They could remove the categorization in GT5, doesn't mean the models are suddenly equal. It's more a way of hiding it.

Oh, you mean in GT6. Yes, that's right. Maybe the old standards will get a little more clear coating.
Thank god they will optimize the loading time of the full carage, won't they? :nervous:

Let me say it like this: if I want to drive a RUF Yellowbird, I want to drive a RUF Yellowbird, and a RUF Yellowbird is a RUF Yellowbird regardless if premium or standard, simple as that. My only issue with standards in GT5 was the lack of Photo Travel, but with that looking to get fixed, where's the problem?

Let me say it like this: if I want to drive a RUF Yellowbird, I want to drive a RUF Yellowbird, and a RUF Yellowbird is a RUF Yellowbird regardless if premium or standard, simple as that. My only issue with standards in GT5 was the lack of Photo Travel, but with that looking to get fixed, where's the problem?

Do you want to sit in the cockpit of a Yellowbird? Do you want to admire a highly detailed model of the Yellowbird? You can't do either with a standard.

I am fine with it, why? Because there were lots of them that I really like and there is no way they had enough time to change them all to premium so either they are in as less than premium or they are not in and I much prefer they be there.

If they had been removed then I would be a bit unhappy, how much so would depend on which cars were not there but all are there and I am happy with that. Very much looking forward to the game.

SimonK
Do you want to sit in the cockpit of a Yellowbird? Do you want to admire a highly detailed model of the Yellowbird? You can't do either with a standard.

But at least he can drive one with the standard model in the game. Your argument only works if it was a case of the having the standard car or the premium car but its not. If they threw away all the standards they wouldn't replace them with a load of premium cars, we'd just be without the standards.

But at least he can drive one with the standard model in the game. Your argument only works if it was a case of the having the standard car or the premium car but its not. If they threw away all the standards they wouldn't replace them with a load of premium cars, we'd just be without the standards.

He asked where 'the problem' was, I gave him the problem and why many people do not like standard cars. I'm not going to get into the same discussions over and over again though, there is already a thread for standard cars. Toko just wanted to get something to cover his arguments it seems.

Exactly. And if you kill your Andy or Bob by driving said killer canary it doesn't matter.

My real issue with the standards was the polarization within the car list. Standard cars don't get high beams, windshield wipers (rain and snow is a pain inside these thing's interior view) and photo travel (I really want to take a pic of the Tank car in the Piazza place in front of all the virtual people).

Kaz's statements about the rest of the standard cars who haven't gone premium going pseudo premium in GT6 is good enough news for me. I'm still not sure about what level of detail these "polished standards" are gonna get. Not all cars are getting interior views.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with standard cars. They did fine in GT4/GTPSP and they looked even better in GT5, so why would I want them gone from GT6? Many exotics were only available as standard cars in GT5 (I'm guessing this will be the case in GT6 also) and I still drove and will drive them. I don't care about the cockpit view or the photomode so why should I even care?

GT5 would have been a boring game with only the premium cars... No RUF, no 180/200/240SX, no Veyron, no Volvo 240, only Zonda R... Many nice cars would have been GONE! :crazy: Infact, most of my favourite cars were standards. :)

SimonK
He asked where 'the problem' was, I gave him the problem and why many people do not like standard cars. I'm not going to get into the same discussions over and over again though, there is already a thread for standard cars. Toko just wanted to get something to cover his arguments it seems.
Fair enough.

Honestly, I don't want them in the game at all but since they are allegedly closer to premiums this time around, I suppose I won't mind them as much.

It also means the damage will also look ridiculous for 80% of the cars, again. Also I am guessing it means no bodykits for standards, just the same wings which look awful on many cars. Also obviously they look inferior to premiums, which is very visually jarring. Not happy.

Happy, ALOT of fun cars in GT5 are standards and they should be recieving some sort of upgrade in appearance. I personally don"t use interior view so that doesn't matter to me. More cars the merrier. I also do not think they will call them standards.

Back