Gran Turismo 5 Update V2.14 [OP UPDATED 07/17]

• Thread starter Lock2Lock
  • 206 comments

Lock2Lock

EVERYBODY DO THE FLOP
Premium
United States
United States
New update for GT5. Version 2.14 is weighing in at 13MB. The update seems to be aimed at Hybriding once again.

Some advancements in sound in some cars have been changed. Backfiring noise and visibility, on a few cars has been changed. Seems many have said the turbo sound is louder/different on some cars.

Also, corrected adjustments to some cars features have been added. For example little things PD change but don't say, like the Skyline Pace Car lights.

Hybrider's confirmed these things have changed.
Confirmed HYBRIDING aspects patched in this update.

All hidden parts such as
Stage 4 & 5 weight reduction
Stage 4 & 5 Turbos
Drive train parts- Racing Flywheel, Triple Plate Clutch
Racing catalytic converter
All hidden tires

Confirmed HYBRIDING aspects that still work after this update.

You are still able to paint un-paintable cars. This does include the cars that were able to have their stock rims painted.
HP multiplier
You are still able to borrow glitch cars.
Add car tickets
The use of the Secret Menu
Not anything to do with hybriding, but the weather glitch still works.

NOTE
Any of the cars you have installed weight reduction (before or after the patch) will be reset to stock weight. To get the stage three weight reduction back on your car, simply go to the tuning shop and buy and install weight reduction again.

Some advancements in sound in some cars have been changed. Backfiring noise and visibility, on a few cars has been changed. Seems many have said the turbo sound is louder/different on some cars.

As more hidden things are found that PD did in this update, I will continue to update the OP.

Last edited:
Let's not be rash in making conclusions, if anyone worried, just wait until there are more people update and make reports. I'll update mine now.

Checking my slammed cars at the moment....
Still slammed :D
Gallardo still has 36,000+HP
X2010 5G is still 38,000HP
Update 2.14 is safe so far. :)

Hidden parts like Stage 4/5 weight, race cat, race flywheel and triple plate clutch are all gone.

Steering angle in tact though...

Maybe the update is something to do with the rampant cheating occurred in the TT about a month ago.

Looks like PD got fed up with cheaters and is on a roll now :lol:

Hidden parts like Stage 4/5 weight, race cat, race flywheel and triple plate clutch are all gone.

Steering angle in tact though...

I still have my parts. 4/5 weight,racing cat, flywheel clutch, turbos, and brakes.

Edit: looks like my 1,000 hp supra and 3000gt have been reset..

I still have my parts. 4/5 weight,racing cat, flywheel clutch, turbos, and brakes.

I think the parts have been stripped of their qualities like the Nitrous upgrade back on 2.12. I still have them in my inventory but upon adding them to a car, nothing happens. :guilty:

Interesting.

Any news on the hidden tires?

Did the update, remove the parts from the GT5 items list, or from the cars themselves?

I just started a new game and the hidden parts breathed a little bit of life back into it. Looks like I won't bother with the update and find a different game to play. Pretty sad really with GT6 coming out in a few months.

Interesting.

Any news on the hidden tires?

Did the update, remove the parts from the GT5 items list, or from the cars themselves?

I will be lost without triple plate clutch! Oh well, it will be fine. :grumpy:👍

Back