How do you win the vitz/yaris race in pro' league?

• Thread starter j.brassy
  • 59 comments
How do you win the vitz/yaris race in the professional league? I've tried to win in a yaris 1.5 rs which i've bought everything for. They just seem to be so much faster than me and it's really frustrating. :banghead:

Please Help!!!:(

Drive better? I won every race by nearly a full lap...

Seeing as it's you, here's my precise Yaris 1.5RS settings for the Rome track - the only significant alteration they need is for the Test Course race, when you'll need to lengthen the gear ratios.

Yaris 1.5 RS, 280hp @ Rome Reverse (Pro/Vitz Trophy)
Tyres; T3 Front, T5 Rear
Springs; 7.0 Front, 9.5 Rear
Ride Height; 89 Front, 92 Rear
Damper Bound; 10 Front, 10 Rear
Damper Rebound; 10 Front, 10 Rear
Camber; 2.5 Front, 2.0 Rear
Toe; -1.0 Front, -2.0 Rear
Stabilisers; 4 Front, 4 Rear
Brakes; 22 Front, 19 Rear
LSD Initial; 5 Front, 0 Rear
LSD Accel; 5 Front, 0 Rear
LSD Decel; 5 Front, 0 Rear
Gears; Final 3.600 @ Auto 15
ASM 0, TCS 0

For the gear ratios, you may or may not know the "Tranny trick". For this trick you:
Move Final Drive full right (hold down R1...)
Move AutoGear full right, one step at a time, then full left. Now Auto is minimum @ maximum Final...
Move Final to the desired value - and only ever move the Final ratio to adjust ratios track-to-track.

The game stores two Final Drive values - one for current setting, and one for setting at which Auto was set. So by doing this trick you set the gear ratios as close as possible - useful in microscopic power-band cars like this - but still have the capability for the vehicles absolute top speed.

Have fun.

It's not that bad. I managed to do this in a 268 HP Vitz with stock suspension/brakes/transmission. FF cars are just tricky because they handle so differently (and so badly). The Pro Vitz race stands out as a hard race because it's the only one in the game that forces you to drive FF competitively, as opposed to the way you can just crush everybody in the Pro FF Challenge with the Integra, Spoon Civic, Xsara, or about anything with full mods.

The most important thing in the Pro Vitz race is using T2 Super Slick tires so that you don't have to pit the entire race. The other cars will pit around lap 5 or 6, and sometimes you'll see one pit on lap 9. The cars are so slow that a pit stop takes almost 30 seconds, so not pitting really helps.

Special Stage Route 11 is the hard race in the series, so you might want to practice that race first. When you can win it, you'll be able to do the whole series easily.

I haven't tried getting all funny with the transmission like Famine suggests. The stock 5-speed is actually pretty good and tops out at 127 MPH (although that makes Test Course really hard).

The LSD is pretty important. There are two very different ways to drive an FF car. I use either a 1-way LSD or a 60/60/5 custom LSD. This gives you the best acceleration out of corners, but it also gives you massive acceleration understeer. You have to brake hard and turn hard while the differential is opened up. The more you accelerate, the more the car understeers, so you're actually steering with the accelerator as you exit

If you use a 5/5/5 LSD like Famine says, the car is much easier to handle, especially with good suspension settings. This way you're tuning out as much of the understeer as you can. It's not going to pull out of corners as well, but you may still get better lap times because you can run a better line.

Thanks for the help you two. I did what you said, but is there any way you can make the yaris handle better because it's turning in corners is terrible. Has anyone got any good suspension or LSD setting for the Yaris 1.5 RS.

On ANY FF car, set rear toe to -2.0. This cures almost all understeer at a stroke. I like to set front toe to a negative too, for a sharper turn in, but that's my style. Might not work for all.

IMO Vitz Pro at SSR11 is THE most challenging race in the game. Italian Avant Grade is a close second. Many players who are used to killing the competition in an overpowered car cannot handle a fair race, let alone one where they are outmatched in power and handling (Avant Grade). :mischievous:;)

Ummm, no.

Italian Avante Garde is close to the MOST challenging race in the entire game - but only insofar as the most powerful car eligible won't help you win by much (or in fact win at all). The fact that I slaughtered the AI by an entire lap at SSR11 - and I'm nothing special - would attest to the not-trickiness of the race.

IMO the most difficult series is the Pro Elise. The hardest race I've ever had to endure in GT Mode was a Honda Integra Type-R at Pro/PD Cup/Seattle. The hardest race I've ever won was an OLR in a full-tune Integra-R at Seattle, Arcade Mode Hard - 5 laps against the TS020, R390 and 787B... Scary, scary race.

The only reason people find the Pro/Yaris difficult is because they spend so much time with super-fast, oversteery cars that they can't cope with an FF - they shove it full of power which just makes it understeer more. One simple setting - Rear Toe to -2.0 - cures almost all of it, and after that it's just gear ratios.

Originally posted by Famine
- and I'm nothing special -
Eh, quiet you!... you know you can whoop everyone's asses over here. :P

The hardest race I've ever won was an OLR in a full-tune Integra-R at Seattle, Arcade Mode Hard - 5 laps against the TS020, R390 and 787B... Scary, scary race.
:eek: Bejeezes! What'd you win by?

Just a smidge over 3s... You just had to get in front by the top of the straight and hold them off - then the last sector was all yours. Usually the 787B could get back past by the first hairpin and you'd be fighting to get past him by the top of the straight again... :D

i rekon the hardest part of gt3 gotta be complex string time trial in the ruf.... took me countless tries to get that one and your lap is like 4 minutes so its time consuming...

Originally posted by j.brassy
Thanks for the help you two. I did what you said, but is there any way you can make the yaris handle better because it's turning in corners is terrible. Has anyone got any good suspension or LSD setting for the Yaris 1.5 RS.

You seem to have missed everything everybody said. You were already given a complete rundown on settings by Famine, along with a couple good options for LSD settings depending on your style.

If you're expecting to find some magical settings that make the Vitz handle like a race car, you won't. I doubt you could ever find settings that would make it handle more "normally" than Famine's settings. Softening up the LSD, giving it some toe-out and bumping the ass up in the air a little will make it handle more like a RWD car, but it's still FF.

No, make him pay like that site...he might be willing to pay for your settings...:P

Did that site give settings for this car or that cheaper Vitz? Anyway, the Pitz series wasn't too hard, the Avant Garde was quite hard...

If you're still having trouble...

I just re-ran the Pro Vitz series with nothing but a Stage 2 Turbo, Chip, Muffler, Lightweight Stage 2, T2 tires, Racing Flywheel & Triple Plate Clutch. That's 268 HP with stock suspension/brakes/transmission and no LSD.

I was trying to do a comparison of LSD settings but ended up finding that you don't need an LSD at all.

I didn't change oil before the series, so by the time I got to SS11 I was down to 255 HP. If you've got a Sharkport / X-Port, here's the replay of me doing SS11 in 23'00.092 (won by +12.295).

Attachments

• brett_vitz_ss11_255hp.zip
    65.5 KB · Views: 60
My stats sheet from 12 days ago says:

SSR11 Reverse; 1st - 21'43.467 (-1'24.987); FL 2'07.412

But that's in the fully-tuned, my set-up, optimised-gears-for-circuit Yaris 1.5RS.

And you probably weren't even trying that hard as I'm sure you were a full minute out in front as soon as they pitted.

My laps in my crap-tuned Vitz were between 2'15.230 and 2'18.222 on a lap where I ran into a wall and braked (broke?) way too late on the first hairpin.

I think it's just hard to get used to braking really early and still having to go easy on the accelerator coming out of the corners. Once you get the hang of FF cars, it's pretty easy.

Well, I was having a go, 'cos I was after some of the trophies on GT3Times. I think I got 2nd overall, but andywitz came along and raised the bar a little... I'll get him one of these days :D

the easiest way is to put on t2's and full mods and then when ure going round a corner LET GO of the accelerator you may slow down but you can take the corner faster if not accelerating through it! i know it sounds wierd but just try it youll see what i mean! whilt accelerating the vitz has one of the poorest turning circles on gt3 but if throttle is released while turning its has one of the best turning circles :rolleyes: if u dont believe me try it for yourself u will be surprised as to how far ahead of the pack u can stay;)

Originally posted by ZZII
IMO Vitz Pro at SSR11 is THE most challenging race in the game. Italian Avant Grade is a close second. Many players who are used to killing the competition in an overpowered car cannot handle a fair race, let alone one where they are outmatched in power and handling (Avant Garde). :mischievous:;)

originally posted by famine:D
Italian Avante Garde is close to the MOST challenging race in the entire game - but only insofar as the most powerful car eligible won't help you win by much (or in fact win at all). The fact that I slaughtered the AI by an entire lap at SSR11 - and I'm nothing special - would attest to the not-trickiness of the race.

what the hell are u lot talking about?
the zonda race car can be won at two places the first is the all japan gt champ in pro mode then from there u can use it to win the avant garde and either sell the zonda race u get or keep it stock with a fully tuned zonda race car teh avant garde is a piece of piss!!!:cool: most people when the yare trying to beat the game for the first time dont bother with fair races they just jump in with the most powerful car they can muster then whup the competition to hell and back :lol: but i do agree it is difficult with anything other than a fully tuned zonda race car

Originally posted by bondy_1625
the easiest way is to put on t2's and full mods and then when ure going round a corner LET GO of the accelerator you may slow down but you can take the corner faster if not accelerating through it! i know it sounds wierd but just try it youll see what i mean! whilt accelerating the vitz has one of the poorest turning circles on gt3 but if throttle is released while turning its has one of the best turning circles :rolleyes: if u dont believe me try it for yourself u will be surprised as to how far ahead of the pack u can stay;)

So, are you saying you have to brake early? Are you saying the more you accelerate the more the car understeers?

Hmm... That sounds oddly familiar... :lol:

Originally posted by bondy_1625
well i didnt say brake early but.......oh yeh i see well i couldntbe bothered to read the rest of the thread! :rolleyes: :lol:

I doubt it matters anyway... The guy who started this thread just registered, made 3 posts about the Vitz race, and now hasn't been back on the forum for 2 days.
:odd:

Ummm, no.

Italian Avante Garde is close to the MOST challenging race in the entire game - but only insofar as the most powerful car eligible won't help you win by much (or in fact win at all).

IMO the most difficult series is the Pro Elise.

I have to agree that the Elise Trophy is the hardest thing in Simulation Mode. I just did Pro Elise at Deep Forest in a 280hp Elise 190, and that was pretty tough. My tires stayed blue for the first 4 laps, and the Motor Sport Elises just don't let up. The AI also seems to drive the Elises pretty well. I never saw one spin out, but if they nudge the back of your car once, you're off in the dirt.

The Italian AG is pretty easy, though. I did it with a totally stock Zonda Race Car without changing the oil. I even forgot to turn off ASM and TCS, and I still won by over 20 seconds (even after pitting, since I left the stock T5's on).

Just about anything in the Formula GT is probably the second hardest thing.

Originally posted by Gt3iSaLlIc
I dunno about the formula GT, i found it fairly, easy mind you i was using a really good setup for my P001.

I didn't even tune my P001 and I won by a bit over a lap on each track. Sometimes I think it was almost two laps.

Drive better? I won every race by nearly a full lap...

Seeing as it's you, here's my precise Yaris 1.5RS settings for the Rome track - the only significant alteration they need is for the Test Course race, when you'll need to lengthen the gear ratios.

Yaris 1.5 RS, 280hp @ Rome Reverse (Pro/Vitz Trophy)
Tyres; T3 Front, T5 Rear
Springs; 7.0 Front, 9.5 Rear
Ride Height; 89 Front, 92 Rear
Damper Bound; 10 Front, 10 Rear
Damper Rebound; 10 Front, 10 Rear
Camber; 2.5 Front, 2.0 Rear
Toe; -1.0 Front, -2.0 Rear
Stabilisers; 4 Front, 4 Rear
Brakes; 22 Front, 19 Rear
LSD Initial; 5 Front, 0 Rear
LSD Accel; 5 Front, 0 Rear
LSD Decel; 5 Front, 0 Rear
Gears; Final 3.600 @ Auto 15
ASM 0, TCS 0

For the gear ratios, you may or may not know the "Tranny trick". For this trick you:
Move Final Drive full right (hold down R1...)
Move AutoGear full right, one step at a time, then full left. Now Auto is minimum @ maximum Final...
Move Final to the desired value - and only ever move the Final ratio to adjust ratios track-to-track.

The game stores two Final Drive values - one for current setting, and one for setting at which Auto was set. So by doing this trick you set the gear ratios as close as possible - useful in microscopic power-band cars like this - but still have the capability for the vehicles absolute top speed.

Have fun.
Yeeeeeaahh, but you would have most likely practised and practised with the Yaris, whereas our new friend here might be just going for it with no drive-time and stock setts...

Try Using the Yaris LM Race car

950bhp when fully tuned and +350kph...its a beast....you can win this on the Toyota Series in Super Ridiculously Hard Mode

it out accellerates and corners better than the Poly001...

honestly..its true...

(what you mean, you dont believe me?)

I did the Yaris Pro series the other night. All races but the SSRII were a breeze, but SSSRII was a frickin' nightmare. It took 12 hours straight, re-racing over and over. I used Famine's (thank you sir, you're a saviour) settings and they worked very well. (Albeit with a few minor tweaks!)

Trying to fend off the other competitors from lap 5 onwards was the most difficult thing I've ever done in a game. And I even won the Castrol Supra for my troubles, it's a monster of a motor.

I'm just wondering... All the people who think the Pro Vitz at SS11 was hard, did you think it was harder than the Pro Elise Trophy at Deep Forest or Rome?

Back