How do you win the vitz/yaris race in pro' league?

• Thread starter j.brassy
  • 59 comments
It was harder than both those put together, in my opinion. The Lotus deep forest is probably third, with the Avant garde race 2 being second.
I just have the F1 series and Polyphony cup left, and I'm dreading them. I always get demolished whenever I attempt the F1 races!

Originally posted by Martin Aston
It was harder than both those put together, in my opinion. The Lotus deep forest is probably third, with the Avant garde race 2 being second.
I just have the F1 series and Polyphony cup left, and I'm dreading them. I always get demolished whenever I attempt the F1 races!

I think people who find the Avant Garde difficult must just not be good at tuning. The Zondas don't turn that well without a little tweaking. Try adjusting these:

Ride Height: 55mm front, 55mm rear
Camber Angle: 4.0 front, 2.0 rear
Toe Angle: -0.5 front, -2.0 rear
Brake Balance: 16 front, 12 rear
LSD Initial: 60 rear
LSD Accel: 60 rear
LSD Decel: 5 rear
Gear Ratio: Auto Setting 30
Downforce: 0.85 front, 1.00 rear
ASM: 0
TCS: 3

For the Italian A.G. race 1, I blew them away with my 651 HP Zonda Race car without changing the oil or tires or buying anything. That's really easy, since they pit in on the first race. On the 2nd race, they didn't pit. I changed the settings to those above, though, and I was able to catch up after pitting on lap 5 and win by over 20 seconds.

It's important to change the settings so the car can turn a little better. If you use the settings above, you can go through the whole backstretch without having to brake to turn in front of the pit entrance. That helps a lot, and you'll gain several seconds every lap on the main straight.

I must agree, I'm not a fantastic racer, but I'd like to think that I can tune a car and I found the zonda race a great deal easier than the vitz race (did the vitz race second) though the vitz race did a lot to make me a better driver :)

Originally posted by SandStorm
Yeeeeeaahh, but you would have most likely practised and practised with the Yaris, whereas our new friend here might be just going for it with no drive-time and stock setts...

Pffft. Like I'd actually take time to practice in that thing... :D

I ran three Q-laps (pit-out, qualifying lap - three times) on Rome II to get those basic sets, then just changed the gears each time (and the toe/camber to 0 for Test Course).

I must be strange or something, when I did the game for the second time i used all road cars and just found good setups, or made my own and the only hard thing i found was pit-stop strategy and the time consuming aspect.

I must be strange or something, when I did the game for the second time i used all road cars and just found good setups, or made my own. The only hard thing i found was pit-stop strategy and the time consuming aspect.
And that was hard im a very inpatient person.
But if i had a pick i would put the pro Elise and Yaris up there as 2 challenging events.

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
I think people who find the Avant Garde difficult must just not be good at tuning. The Zondas don't turn that well without a little tweaking. Try adjusting these:

For the Italian A.G. race 1, I blew them away with my 651 HP Zonda Race car without changing the oil or tires or buying anything. That's really easy, since they pit in on the first race. On the 2nd race, they didn't pit. I changed the settings to those above, though, and I was able to catch up after pitting on lap 5 and win by over 20 seconds.

It's important to change the settings so the car can turn a little better. If you use the settings above, you can go through the whole backstretch without having to brake to turn in front of the pit entrance. That helps a lot, and you'll gain several seconds every lap on the main straight.

It will turn better if you set the LSD Initial to 5..

I found this race very easy.. I used a non-racing Zonda C12s - And after you get used to the understeering beast, the Yaris race is not very hard either..

Originally posted by CloneHead
It will turn better if you set the LSD Initial to 5..

I found this race very easy.. I used a non-racing Zonda C12s - And after you get used to the understeering beast, the Yaris race is not very hard either..

LSD settings are pretty subjective, so everybody's going to have their own settings that they like. Setting LSD Initial to 5 is about as close as you're going to get to just turning the whole thing off. If you set initial & accel high, it's going to pull out of a corner better and straighten out better if you drifted a little. Setting them low will let you turn a little better coming out of the corner, but you can't get on the gas as much.

LSD settings are pretty subjective, so everybody's going to have their own settings that they like. Setting LSD Initial to 5 is about as close as you're going to get to just turning the whole thing off. If you set initial & accel high, it's going to pull out of a corner better and straighten out better if you drifted a little. Setting them low will let you turn a little better coming out of the corner, but you can't get on the gas as much.

I hardly ever drift, and the main question here is to get the bloody thing turning - because it handles like a badly behaved shopping trolley...

I've tried going to the settings for the Yarisrs1.5 and it won't let me change anything they're unable to be changed (red) are I doing something wrong? :mad:

Originally posted by CollyGT
I've tried going to the settings for the Yarisrs1.5 and it won't let me change anything they're unable to be changed (red) are I doing something wrong? :mad:

Take the car to the Tune Shop and buy racing parts for it. Now you can alter the settings. I'm currently running this race so if you need any pointers, ask them now.

Thanks a million dude :D
Now I only have one more race that damn Zonda one, even with alterations (Gear ratio etc) i still can't manage to win :banghead:

I'm surprised how many people can't beat the IAG. My C12S had a stage 3, race exhaust/muffler, racing chip, and T-2's and I beat one race by 3.5 seconds, the other by 17 seconds. That's with changing no settings and with a horrible driver.....so horrible that I can't beat the Pro Vitz cup. ANd its not like I use overpowered cars (I used to, though).

I already have problems for Beginner's League Vitz Race. Talk about Professional League. I won't be able to stand 10 laps on Test Course with a Vitz.

On most leagues you do trail behind or are up with them, use Suoer slicks so you won't have to pit, eventually they will pit and they pit for a good 15+ seconds which gives you time to get a decent lead. In pro i won by nearly half a lap

The only races I need to complete in GT mode are now the Elise trophy, the Vitz / Yaris trophy, Dream Car Championship, Polyphony Digital and F1 Series. Dream Car should be a breeze, as should the Polyphony Digital, so I've not given them much thought yet. I've just bought a MotorSport Elise ready for that cup, and I just started the Vitz / Yaris cup today. Test Course was easy enough, if not very boring, and I just managed to win the Rome race by about 8 seconds. After one attempt at the Laguna Seca race, I came second by about 4 seconds. I held him off until lap 9, but then he was just too strong. I'm going to try that race again using Famine's settings, and I'll report back after that. Hopefully I can get this tournament done quickly - I hate the Yaris.

I know this is a old post, "I searched and didn't have to waiste ***Bandwidth***"! I just recenly redone the Vitz Race In Pro League, That didn't go well on the first time, Did anyone else have any problems with this race? The Ai cars kick but in this race, I had to run two of them against the wall to win! :-)

I just did the pro vitz race again last night using Famine's settings, and had no problems with the competition at all. I'm definately not the best driver out there and was able to win all of the races pretty easily (by at least 10 secs with a pit on each track). I recommend doing the qualifing for each race (except super speedway), not for position, because you have more than enough power to catch the lead car, but just to get use to the vitz on that track. I doubt that you race with it that often anymore and the couple of practice laps before you start the race really helps.

ZZII
IMO Vitz Pro at SSR11 is THE most challenging race in the game. Italian Avant Grade is a close second. Many players who are used to killing the competition in an overpowered car cannot handle a fair race, let alone one where they are outmatched in power and handling (Avant Grade). :mischievous:;)

Italian Avant Garde is probably the most challenging race in the game. It took me about two weeks.

xjr-9

I haven't got to the Pros yet...i've done the Beginners & Amateur races. Fun times in a Vitz, eh?.

yea, the vitz is fun except for the super speedway, 10 laps in a car that tops out at about 150 mph isn't my idea of a good time. IMO the elise series is the toughest one in the game. The AI is overly aggressive in that series and even with a fully modded motor sport its a real close race. I'm still trying to figure out settings to make it a little easier.

The italian avante gaurd isn't that tough in a Zonda race car, don't get me wrong, its still challenging, just not as hard as the elise trophy. If you're not using the race car, good luck and more power to you. Although I have heard of people beating it with the c12s, but I'm not that good of a driver.

srpst23
I just did the pro vitz race again last night using Famine's settings, and had no problems with the competition at all. I'm definately not the best driver out there and was able to win all of the races pretty easily (by at least 10 secs with a pit on each track). I recommend doing the qualifing for each race (except super speedway), not for position, because you have more than enough power to catch the lead car, but just to get use to the vitz on that track. I doubt that you race with it that often anymore and the couple of practice laps before you start the race really helps.

Good to see they're still helping, even after all this time :D

srpst23
The italian avante gaurd isn't that tough in a Zonda race car, don't get me wrong, its still challenging, just not as hard as the elise trophy. If you're not using the race car, good luck and more power to you. Although I have heard of people beating it with the c12s, but I'm not that good of a driver.
It can be done in a C12S with approximately the following build:
Medium slicks T4
Race suspension
Sports brakes/balancer
NA1 tuning
Race intake/exhaust
Chip
Race trans/LSD
3x clutch/flywheel
LW1 weight reduction

I'm not that good a driver either, and I was able to win by a 3 second margin at Rome II, and more than 15 seconds at Rome (without qualifying), thanks to their inane pit strategy.

srpst23
yea, the vitz is fun except for the super speedway, 10 laps in a car that tops out at about 150 mph isn't my idea of a good time. IMO the elise series is the toughest one in the game. The AI is overly aggressive in that series and even with a fully modded motor sport its a real close race. I'm still trying to figure out settings to make it a little easier.

Yeah that's a rare thing I HATE in GT3---racing a Vitz (or even a Civic) at Super Speedway is one of the most boring experiences. In my 20+ years of digital gaming, I can't think of much that's more boring than racing here or around the Test Track in the friggin Roadster Challenge. I'd rather break out my Atari 2600 and play Tank or Yar's Revenge.

So far as the Pros go: GOOD! I'm glad the races are challenging...I'm used to close racing so I'll be right at home :)

Last edited:
It’s July 2020 now and my son, Jay, and I have just won this race for the first time!

We used Famine’s set up with a final drive setting of 3.450, T4s on the front and T6s on the rear.

We went from losing by about 15 seconds every time to winning by 15 seconds.

We did spend a bit of time on YouTube working out what gear ratios actually mean.

It’s great that the PS2 that’s been under my bed for the last 10 years still works perfectly!

Thanks to all who posted on this!

Last edited:
Back