2.jpg

Stats that Matter:
Production: August 2013+
Style: 4-Door Sedan
Engine: 6.2L Supercharged V8 (576 HP)
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual, 6-Speed Auto
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive
AKA: Vauxhall VXR8 GTS

My Take: Good News, it's a sedan a few steps from race car, and more powerful still than the E2 Bathurst S. Bad News, it looks like a modified BMW now. I don't care if it can scream like a Justin Bieber fan, it went too far. Uncool here.

Top Gear article

Brings a whole new meaning to the word naff... I'd rather be seen in a Pontiac Aztec than one of these, at least that implies a sense of humour...

Sub zero, Motor magazine recently did a test and with John Bowe at the helm (a Ford man who is no slouch behind the wheel as anyone in Australia not living under a rock will know) piloted this new GTS to a faster lap than an E63 S AMG despite a weight and considerable straight line disadvantage. This car has the whole package for a third of the price of what cars of this level normally demand, plus it's the fastest car Australia has ever put in to production.:dopey: Despite being a Holden fan, I only wish Ford had the $$$ to build a competitor.:(

Is this basically a Pontiac G8 in the US? But I still like it.

Yup, the Pontiac G8 is a rebadged version of the Holden VE Commodore; which was the previous gen commodore in production. The current one here will be sold in the US as a Chevrolet SS though.

I think because of the aggressive look of it alone makes it cool, but I also like it since when I first saw what these holdens could do.

Absolute weapons-grade car and now a true player in the super sedan business. And at least now unlike the old E3 it's actually worth its price of admission.

Cool. Very cool.

I find it odd that I much prefer the VXR8 iteration over this one. The Bathurst S more so.

Though I really don't like the tackier design all that much, and the extra power does nothing to sway my opinion. Meh.

This is the guy with Metallica T shirt whose band plays heavy metal at a wedding (having gotten the gig by knowing the bride) and completely ruins the event. He's cool, but only to himself and people like him.

Obnoxious, ugly, leaking with testosterone. Seriously uncool.

Meh. Holden add more tacky crap to the outside of their cars every year. I havent seen one of these in person, but I've seen plenty of (horrible) VE GTS's and this looks as if they're going for the same style. Not to mention the stupid LEDs which I hate with a passion.

I find this cool. It's a step up from the old VXR8 but it still has the same brutal charm. It does old school muscle but can also be bags of fun when in the corners. Plus it's docile and comfortable at normal speeds. I find the styling still aggressive and intimidating. This car has presence. I'm glad this is coming to the UK next year.

Nicked a load of gimmicky performance-analysis tech out of a GT-R... I have enough distractions driving, I'm not interested in the heat of the exhaust.

Would rather have the last one.

AudiMan2011
Not even in your drift angle?

:lol: Maybe.

But seriously, you could only use that feature safely and legally on a track. And I haven't got time to go on a track day, heck I'm not even aware of any local tracks that run them.

So overall it's a pretty useless feature that adds to the price.

Last edited:
Cool, purely for being so aggressive-looking, and - I imagine - quite fun to drive.
Watch Top Gear and you'll be amazed how fun they are to drive and how easy they are to drive like Jeremy Clarkson.

It's what we do. By te way it is cool.

It is a contendor with AMG and the M divsion. But it's more accessible and in a way cooler cause it shows that the Australian Muscle Car isn't dead yet. For $40,000 here you can get a large family, a good car that perfroms well in every possible aspect and for a bit more or about that, you can get a brand new one with a 6.0L V8 from a Corvette.

And just so you know, my uncle recently bought a the previous Commodore VE (previous model of which the GTS is based) with the big V8 and with stick shift. Awesome car.

Last edited:
I dig it but I am a flashy low brow car kinda guy. Heck I had a Mustang Cobra as a DD for 8 years,

Latest Posts

Back