Baddest AWD Talon in the world.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boost Lee
  • 36 comments
  • 2,193 views
Damn, that car's fast. Without those stickers and the 'chute, it'd be a major sleeper....
 
Even with the stickers, it's a major sleeper. It should be pointed out it did those times on DOT approved, street legal tires.
 
Really? Hot damn!
 
100% road legal. When it was running low 9's he drove it to work and back home almost every day.
 
Wow! Fast anyone ?! :)
I think those stickers ruin the whole car 👎
 
At the drag strip around my place, about 5-6 years ago, there were a 10-1 ratio of talons/eclipses vs other cars...guess I am just sick of seeing them, but damn, that is a freakin wicked machine.....take the stickers off, remove the chute, hits the streets and kick everyones ass " Hello Mr. Enzo, wanna race for slips ?"
 
Cosmic
I think those stickers ruin the whole car:tdown:
ND4SPD
Without those stickers and the 'chute, it'd be a major sleeper....


Without the stickers i'm sure it wouldn't be fast enough to need a chute, being those are the folks that are sponsoring that car.


I love that car 👍
 
Its totally rice. :)

What was the thing that was next to it? I almost thought it was the Talon for a second by the quick launch.
 
I read somewhere that he is making a little over 800 whp. The white drag car looks like an older 300zx.
 
LoudMusic
But ... it's still a Talon ...

Who cares? A real car guy can admire a fast machine, even if it's a Kia, or in this case, a Talon...
 
shepard racing = geniuses...
He's cool because he'll respond to your email like within a day and answer DSM questions....only things he won't tell you..is his engine setup..

There's a 9 second Honda insight in town thats setup to run mid/low 8's but they havn't got a single good run in it yet...something keeps goin wrong.but....it's a 9 second insight!
 
His recipe to run high 9's is hidden somewhere in an old 2001 Turbo mag' I've got at home, way back when he ran Toyo RA-1s and had no sponsors...

Insights are pretty light, and they've got a really good drag coefficient. The guys at InlinePRO dropped a K20 in theirs, and it runs 10s with barely any mods.
 
yeah don't insights have the lowest drag coefficient of any production vehicle out there?...Like .25 or something
 
Ive got a few friends with Talons. Im a huge DSM fan and I plan on getting a 1st gen TSi or GSX for the winter and doing a few things to it, it will be no Shepherd Talon but it should be fairly quick. One of my friends has a Big 16G and a lot of supporting mods, its pretty quick and its all gutted and caged, spins all 4. Right now I have a non turbo 2G Eclipse which I cant wait to get rid of. I made a huge mistake getting this car, it looks alright but knowing that a Dodge Neon can keep up with me is a horrible feeling. Its my first car and I was just excited to own a car but now I realize I should of looked around more. I guess its a good thing I didnt get an AWD turbo for my first car but I have a bit more experience driving now and im ready for something faster. Ive driven my friends cars and there nuts. I wasnt expecting them to have that much power when I first got in but it didnt take long to realize how fast these cars can be. I just cant wait to have my own.
 
Shep is a DSM god. His car is amazing to see run in person. Only car that tops it is Buschur Racings tube frame 2G.
 
LoudMusic
But ... it's still a Talon ...
And your point???? Shep rebuilt the trans in my car , and its been like stone since. You can absolutely hammer through the gears in the thing, and it just loves it. I can now do full bore launches, and rip all 4 tires through 1st gear. Simple fact, if you have a DSM, and want to go fast, talk to Shep.

Hilg
 
bustwave.
Agreed 100%.
The point isn't that its a fast Eagle Talon. Its the fact that it can be street driven and can run 8's. Thats the point. I'm not a muscle car fan, but if an F-body driver told me he could do 8's or 9's and then drive it home if he wanted, I'd applaud him. Fast cars are cool in my book, no matter what they are. Quit acting like this car is no big deal. Its a very important car in the compact, small displacement drag scene.

Hilg
 
They don't get it man. The car could run 4's, and they still would not get it.

Hilg - Do you know Ryan Kopp or Joey Keymen from Sioux Falls, SD?
 
Yea, they really don't get it. Oh well........

No, I don't know them. I've actually never been up that way. Whats their story???

Hilg
 
Joey is the owner of Excessive Auto Sports here in Sioux Falls ( he has built quite a few cars from Nebraska) his old CRX drag car is roaming around Omaha. I believe it's running 8's now.

Ryan Kopp has a dark green Talon that makes close to 700whp on juice. He might have his car at Scribner this weekend for a few runs before going to a drag-only setup next year.
 
DOT approved tires because its awd you dont need slicks... :dunce:

And as the car currently is he doesnt drive it on the street.
 
You do need slicks when making that much power, awd or not.
 
JNasty4G63
The point isn't that its a fast Eagle Talon. Its the fact that it can be street driven and can run 8's. Thats the point. I'm not a muscle car fan, but if an F-body driver told me he could do 8's or 9's and then drive it home if he wanted, I'd applaud him. Fast cars are cool in my book, no matter what they are. Quit acting like this car is no big deal. Its a very important car in the compact, small displacement drag scene.

Hilg

I see where you are coming from, but even though its a big deal to be able to run 8s and still be streetable, its not too common, but its not THAT uncommon. I have heard of and have seen proof of many late 80s\ early 90s mustangs that are streetable and run 9's, 8's and even a high 7! :eek: you can even get a streetable lenginfelter (sp?) corvette that will run 8's.

But still, I am a fan of all cars that are fast, and it is amazing to see any street car run such low numbers. that is one badass talon 👍 👍
 
Yeah, powripper, but I venture to say that any RWD car running below 9's has quite a few chassis changes that whould make it pretty much unbearable in anything but a straight line. (Drag shocks, locking diffs, etc.)

This car is doing it on DOT tires.
 
Back