Professional Hall: Supercar races.

• Thread starter Savington
  • 62 comments
What car did you all use to complete the Supercar races in the Professional hall? I used a 640hp RUF Yellow Bird to do the first three, but it's got such bad lift-throttle oversteer that I can't compete at Midway. Would the ZZII be a decent idea?

I used a Nissan R390GT1 road car with stage 4 turbo. easily won every single race. Those races wont let you take in a ZZII because for some reason its not considered a production car.

bmw m5
oil change
exhaust
racing brakes

each race was challenging but very fun
especially chasing down the fast cars on any of the long straights and outbraking them
m5 handles so well for the weight it carries

good luck

I used the Corvette ....added a few HP mods of course...was totally fun using that car I tell you! It handles pretty damn good if you ask me! :)

Savington
What car did you all use to complete the Supercar races in the Professional hall? I used a 640hp RUF Yellow Bird to do the first three, but it's got such bad lift-throttle oversteer that I can't compete at Midway. Would the ZZII be a decent idea?

I haven't ran it yet either. I'm considering my SL55 I picked up last night for one of the Mercedes manuf. races. It is by far one of the best stock handling cars I've driven so far 28%. I put all lightening tunes, racing brakes, and slicks on it for the "Ring", and it is phenominal. The car GOES where you point it. Throttle turns like a champ, and stock it is already in the mid 400hp range. The brakes are a must though.

Savington
Sounds like a real handfull, Can't wait not long too go!
Haven't got it yet but surely you can dial out some of that oversteer?

I was able to dominate many races with the Cadillac Cien but too bad its a concept car.

One thing that is weird about these races is i only have an IB license but it still allows me to enter this IA race if i have a legit car. Also in one of the 80's races I frequently raced a 91' celica. Weird stuff.

Madd>>DK<<
Sounds like a real handfull, Can't wait not long too go!
Haven't got it yet but surely you can dial out some of that oversteer?

Porsches (at least until the about mid '90s) are universally noted for catastrophic snap oversteer that sends you screaming backwards through the hedges. Go read about how scared some automotive journalist were of the 911 in the '60s and '70s. (That still didn't stop them from driving them, because they were a joy until they decided to kill you)

I used a Saleen S7 for all except city course. Too much horse fully modded, so I used a GT40. Since the caddy wasn't in I as able to win. It was the hardest series for me so far.

I'm currently using the Audi 4.5 million race car. It's working fine for me.

I first bought the Gilet race car for 1 million but it wasn't close to being good enough for those races. It's alot easier if you get one of the multi-million credit race cars.

The protomotors company in france and mazda also has decent race cars.

Savington
I used the ford GT with all drivetrain mods and racing muffler, just under 600 hp and I won pretty easly. I guess if you want to win for sure just mod it to the max and go at it you cant looooose.

danno30

I first bought the Gilet race car for 1 million but it wasn't close to being good enough for those races. It's alot easier if you get one of the multi-million credit race cars.

Oops! Thought you guys were talking about the final series in the professional events. My bad.

danno30

You used the Audi race car to beat the supercars?? Thats a little unfair dont you think, and as far as I know you cant use that car in that race its only for production cars only.???

danno30

I think you can only use production cars in the Supercar races. They also need at least 490+ horse.

Locost7Rules
Porsches (at least until the about mid '90s) are universally noted for catastrophic snap oversteer that sends you screaming backwards through the hedges. Go read about how scared some automotive journalist were of the 911 in the '60s and '70s. (That still didn't stop them from driving them, because they were a joy until they decided to kill you)

Snap oversteer = drivers error.

I used the Mercedes SLR McLaren to win that championship. It's amazing how stable that car is in the 310+ km/h range. The steering wheel shakes like crazy with a lot of other race cars.

danno30
No prob man. Has anybody done the very last series race in profesional events yet? Pretty tough with anything less than a multi-million credit car. Proly possible tho.
I didnt yet but I will soon. Im trying to collect money for the LMPs

Isn't there already a well established thread covering this competition.

f1king
May be but we like this one.

No doubt, what is it with the spoil sports?
I'm also saving for the Black LMP's. Last night I was doing the Bspec X3 thing and noticed in a couple of races my dude was blowing it in a couple of areas. Placing 2nd and 3rd in two of the courses in the JGTC Championship. I worked up 3mil and wanted to get back into the game. Went and blew close to a 1/2 mil on a few cars for manuf. races. And played with improving my guys Bspec skill in a few other courses. I have around 70 or so days left, so I doubt I'll be able to save up enough to get all of them.

Sorry, bit bad of me if you've already read that post jparker sorry. Just a little annoyed that I've still not got GT4, I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Latest Posts

Back