Wheel Of The Day Database (JPN/Asia version)

• Thread starter franz
  • 46 comments

franz

Premium
Canada
Vancouver
GTP_Franz
This database is based on Japan/Asia release
It may not be compatiable to US, PAL or Korean version
With this database, you can browse your favorite wheel, also you can plan ahead without missing it
The following is the calculation to determine which set of wheels you are having at specific day

P = number of day passed
S = Set number in wheel database

C = (P-1) / 32 then take out all the numbers behind the decimal
S = (P-1) - (32xC)

e.g.
You are at Day 288, then
C = (288 - 1) / 32 = 8.96875 then C = 8
S = (288 - 1) - (32 x 8) = 31
on Day 288, you will get set 31 at wheel of the day

P.S.
if you have US or PAL version, please let me know if this database is compatiable
I noticed set 31 had less wheels, did US/PAL version add a few extra on this set?

thanks guys ...
actually Chaserfan posted 5 sets 2 weeks earlier, but he didnt complete, so I made my own

Locust> I will look over the calculation again later, which version do you have?

This wheel of the day thing is one of the best new features in GT4!!! Well, apart from nürb, 700 cars and all that :) !!! Boy does it give you more to play around with or does it! :crazy:
EDIT: BTW, nice work franz!!! 👍

Locust >
I am at Day 640 ... so my calculation gave me 31
then I went to check wheel of the day, I got the set 31 there
I also did a calculation for you at day 1394, you should have set 17
hope this help

Wow this is a great tool. I'd be willing to check on the U.S. version if you were to tell me howm I'd love to generate a wheel diagram like that for the U.S. I'd also include names. I think that's a great thing you've done. Lemme know.

2JZFAN
Wow this is a great tool. I'd be willing to check on the U.S. version if you were to tell me howm I'd love to generate a wheel diagram like that for the U.S. I'd also include names. I think that's a great thing you've done. Lemme know.
I used video capture card to connect PS2 and PC
start a new game, buy a cheap used car
go in Gt Auto then screen capture all the wheels of the day
enter a license test and quit to pass a day (it is next to GT Auto for convenience)
or you can buy a wheel to pass a day (if you have lots of money to buy 31 wheels)
then capture a new set of wheels again
note that there are 32 sets per cycle in asia/Japanese version
then many hours of work to put all the wheels together with photoshop
that's how I did
btw, I do think the list will be pretty much identical
just go check if you have US GT4

that's crazy man, could you provide the pdf files of the wheels without a background? I think what you've done could also be useful to a programmer looking to make a modding program for GT4. With your wheel gallery they could provide a visual selection of wheels in their program. I think it'd be a big help, I'll even provide the names to the wheels or something. 💡

Good thread idea and really a good job of putting it together, but damn you for doing it :crazy: sorry, just i can't resist looking at these things but by the time the game is released i will not be surprised by ANYTHING.

Set 31 has wheels from the classic mini cooper, i'm gonna have to try them on a modern car to see thm in a large diameter :) Also good to see both polishe and detalied Porsche Fuch replica's to put on my aircooled VW's (When i get the game)

I checked and some of those sets are different in the NA version. I checked the red wheel on set 27; it's grouped with different wheels in the NA version than what you have pictured of the Japanese version.

mine is PSD format ... not acrobat reader file
I didn't cut all the wheels, but I used an orange layer with lots of holes to cover the real background instead
you know what I mean??
I know I could add the wheel name, but it was too crazy to get it done, so I gave up :ill:
making program? I thought 4 jpegs would be good enough to browse around
but they hurt your eyes real bad ... LOL :D

edit> thanks charger ... I guess I should get my US version soon and see what they are
Nice to know you guys like it .... thankyou for your support

I love what you did! I have checked this with my US Version. It seems they decided it would be fun to move it around.

I'm on day 142. So I calculated I would get set 13. But instead I have set 25 from looking at your diagram. :crazy:

Looks like we need to cook one up for the US version. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't have a high powered video card.

There are extra wheels form most of the new cars for pal/NA. Allot of the wheels have there own set. Novulari, Pikes peak(I so want this car), 300c, Alpha GT i know are all in this set

I have the US version and after running the calculations at day 504 it should come up with set 23 but it doesnt work out right. It was a great idea just didnt work for US Version. After having Trig in college im sure I did it right :lol: Actually looking at all of your diagrams, none of them match my current Wheel of the day. 💡

ya i dont think US is the same at all.. because i was looking at some of the wheels of the day and once i got 5 wheels.. once i got like 20 and it was just random..

i also found out, in the US version, if you go out ot the GT place, go back in and go to wheel of the day, its already changed.. (odd?)

XCNuse
ya i dont think US is the same at all.. because i was looking at some of the wheels of the day and once i got 5 wheels.. once i got like 20 and it was just random..

i also found out, in the US version, if you go out ot the GT place, go back in and go to wheel of the day, its already changed.. (odd?)

I don't know about the calculation stuff but since I'm not worried about money. What I would do is buy a wheel, go to the wing area, look at it, go back to the wheel of the day and it would change. As long as I bought a wheel and the game did an auto save it changed everytime.

I bought the US version a week ago
found out some wheels were different from JP/Asia version every day
now I am working on "today's special" for US/Pal version
hopefully coming out in a week or 2 :)

I'm not exactly sure what day this happens, but I was on my quest to get the black beauties before bed last night... and this is between approximately between days 640-680, but I saw one day where there were 4... 4! rims in the wheel of the day section... I thought, how crappy is that?

CAMAROBOY69
I have the US version and after running the calculations at day 504 it should come up with set 23 but it doesnt work out right. It was a great idea just didnt work for US Version. After having Trig in college im sure I did it right :lol: Actually looking at all of your diagrams, none of them match my current Wheel of the day. 💡
this is set 10 ... the first wheel was replaced with a new one
note that the 2nd to 5th are identical to set 10
seems like the cycle is shorter in US/PAL version ... around 30-31 days I think
and I found one day only had 5-8 wheels available
seems like we have less choice of wheels to buy than jp/asia version
suck @$$ ....
but those bling bling still in the database ... which is a good thing :P

edit> that 4 wheels only day is what I just mentioned ... Bad Bad Bad

i have pal version and i cant find wheel of the day!

i can find used wheels but not wheeld of the day

GT_Fan2005
i have pal version and i cant find wheel of the day!

i can find used wheels but not wheeld of the day

:odd:

btw, the calclations dont work...but the wheels are in the right order, if you wanna get to a set quickly just keep buying wheels from the used wheel thing and a day will pass.

franz
this is set 10 ... the first wheel was replaced with a new one
note that the 2nd to 5th are identical to set 10
seems like the cycle is shorter in US/PAL version ... around 30-31 days I think
and I found one day only had 5-8 wheels available
seems like we have less choice of wheels to buy than jp/asia version
suck @$$ ....
but those bling bling still in the database ... which is a good thing :P

edit> that 4 wheels only day is what I just mentioned ... Bad Bad Bad
Oh ok excellent so if we use your calculation and subtract 13 will that equal the US version? Since you said that I was on set 10 American and your calculation said I should be on 23 in JPN. I will check my next set of wheels. If the next set is 11 then subtracting 13 from your formula shoud be correct for the US version.
edit: Excellent...on day 13 I get some Skyline wheels! Then on day 15 I get bling bling. :lol: :) This database is excellent work Franz! 👍

Can't you find some other place to host the pictures of the rims? I'm tying to look at them but the site where they are on is down every minute.

Back