Circuit de la Sarthe 24hr I (with chicane's)

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
I was on this track using B-spec and around lap 200 or so I was at least a lap ahead. I believe this was about 12 hours later.
I look at about hour 15 and all of a sudden I was a lap behind!!! :nervous: I have no idea what happened. Well by pure luck he somehow started to drive better and caught back up and I only won by 2 minutes. :scared: Now that was a pretty close race. I saw him run out of gas several times too. The only thing I can think of that happened is somehow he flew off the track and it took him over 30 or 40 seconds to return.
EDIT: He didnt start running out of gas until around lap 200 (approx 12 hours) Why would he just start running out of gas like that?
Estimated answer is that he was possibly bumped or got stuck by a car right before he went in to pit, thus he missed the pit and ran out of gas for an entire lap.
I forgot to mention that I used the Minolta.
What cars did you use for this track?

This one is tricky, had the Minolta with r1s and r2s and was ahead for most of the race and after eight hours was down my 45 laps, don't know what happened. I must try again.

CAMAROBOY69
I have no idea what happened.

CAMAROBOY69
I saw him run out of gas several times too.

2 + 2 = 4
icon3.gif

jake11375
Haven't done this race yet. So what happens when they run out of gas, is the race over?
Nope. They just crawl around the circuit at something like 80km/h until they get back to the pits to refuel.

Greyout
2 + 2 = 4
icon3.gif
He never ran out of gas until after 12 hours of racing. Then out of no where it would happen on occasion. Why would he just start running out of gas after 200 laps? When the first 200 laps he was fine.

jake11375
Haven't done this race yet. So what happens when they run out of gas, is the race over?

Your car goes about 15 mph around the track until he pits and refills. It sucks and the only way I can think to fix that is this. Your car's gas in running out way before the tires go red. So just use one step softer tires, like R2 instead of R1, and he should start pitting before the gas is empty.
But I haven't attempted this race, and I'm defiently not looking forward to it since people seem to be having some problems in B-spec.
In an earlier post titles fuel dynamics, someone eluded to oil being a factor in fuel consumption. But I don't think that 200 miles has much effect on the oil in this game, but it was worth mentioning.

CAMAROBOY69
He never ran out of gas until after 12 hours of racing. Then out of no where it would happen on occasion. Why would he just start running out of gas after 200 laps? When the first 200 laps he was fine.
I've had trouble with other tracks that the driver would drive and drive without pitting sometimes. The tyres were red and he wouldn't pit, then he would for a while. Annoying.

SnyperP
Maybe he got tired after 12 hours of racing and forgot? =p
:lol: .....thats what I was thinking. Now that would be realistic. I look up and hes parked on the side of the road sleeping. :lol:

Anyone else get stuck at La Sarthe yet? I was doing an important race and somehow my car got stuck on a piece of sand, and kept backing up and then driving stright forward into a wall :banghead:.

I have done both 24 hr races at Circuit de la Sarthe.
Sarthe I WON it with a Minolta Level 3 (steady) R3 tires, 2nd place 9 Laps behind.
Sarthe II LOST it with a Nissan R92 Level 3 (again) R3 tires came in 2nd 2 Laps behind.
I couldn't leave car on Level 4 , car would spin out in several places around track.
Tried R4 and R2 to compensate for lost time, nothing worked to get me back into race.
My B-Spec points 4200
Came going to re-race but am still licking my wounds.
Both cars have over 1100 HP. Don't know why can win one and lose the other.

Having problems b-spec'ing Le Sarthe II as well.

Tried Minolta and BMW V12 LMR fully tuned with combination super-hard and hard tires but always end up a lap behind te Sauber.

It appears if you actively manage the race (i.e. alternating between 5 on the straightaways, 1 on the tight corners and 3 for the rest of the track, b-spec will make great progress in relation to the Sauber (at the noticeable expense of fuel consumption. Leaving B-spec on 2 or 3 just doesn't seem to cut it. Sauber pits in about the same time (similar tire wear and gas mileage?).

But if you are going to sit there and actively b-spec for almost the entire duration, better off a-spec'ing :)

CAMAROBOY69
I was on this track using B-spec and around lap 200 or so I was at least a lap ahead. I believe this was about 12 hours later.
I look at about hour 15 and all of a sudden I was a lap behind!!! :nervous: I have no idea what happened. Well by pure luck he somehow started to drive better and caught back up and I only won by 2 minutes. :scared: Now that was a pretty close race. I saw him run out of gas several times too. The only thing I can think of that happened is somehow he flew off the track and it took him over 30 or 40 seconds to return.
EDIT: He didnt start running out of gas until around lap 200 (approx 12 hours) Why would he just start running out of gas like that?
I forgot to mention that I used the Minolta.
What cars did you use for this track?

I used that same car but setting two for that track. front rh back rsh

ecartdc
Having problems b-spec'ing Le Sarthe II as well.

Tried Minolta and BMW V12 LMR fully tuned with combination super-hard and hard tires but always end up a lap behind te Sauber.

It appears if you actively manage the race (i.e. alternating between 5 on the straightaways, 1 on the tight corners and 3 for the rest of the track, b-spec will make great progress in relation to the Sauber (at the noticeable expense of fuel consumption. Leaving B-spec on 2 or 3 just doesn't seem to cut it. Sauber pits in about the same time (similar tire wear and gas mileage?).

But if you are going to sit there and actively b-spec for almost the entire duration, better off a-spec'ing :)

Leave on setting two are three will cut it. Also if you go to the race monitor screen.
Hold L1 press right to speed up the race.

Your B spec skill plays a factor in his driving so maybe do some more of the easier endurance races first to get more points.

5200 b spec skill points 20550 miles all endurances finshed. 👍

Your car will lose about 50hp after that race so get another one.

icemanshooter23
Anyone else get stuck at La Sarthe yet? I was doing an important race and somehow my car got stuck on a piece of sand, and kept backing up and then driving stright forward into a wall :banghead:.
Funny you mention that. I was on La Sarthe II today (b-spec) and my girlfriend said this happened so I told her to shut the game off. :banghead:
She e-mailed me at work and said "Your Jim isnt going anywere" :lol: We call him Jim for some odd reason, dont ask why.
I also forgot to mention I only have one more endurance race left to do. La Sarthe II but thats a diffferent subject that I dont want confused with this one.

Apollo
I'll agree to that I did the refresh after 5000 miles and the car was still junk for handling, just buy a new one.
Oh wow no kidding? IVe used that car for as many endurance races as I could. (only 1 left to do) OOPS. :scared:

I did the 24 Catre endro ( the one with no chicane )with the Toyota Minotla 89 with stage 4 turbo ( with a changed transmission for max speed ) and super hard racing tires. I baby sat the game for about 30 minutes with pushing hard in alot of areas , after i was ahead i put it on cruise and one the race the next morning

for winning that one i got the bentley Speed 8 , slapped in a stage 4 changed the gearing on the tranny, and racing super hards all around and then won every endro in the endro hall. once you are ahead , put it on to cruise or even slowdown.

As for missing the pit , if its a tight track and there is losta traffic around the pit other cars can sometimes bump yours near the pit making it miss . Also if you are going to fast you can miss the pits too . on the Nurb. 24hr my b.spec driver missed the pits cause he flew off the track , he was only going on 3 ( steady ) too

theGTfreak
I've had trouble with other tracks that the driver would drive and drive without pitting sometimes. The tyres were red and he wouldn't pit, then he would for a while. Annoying.

This happened to me at the Nurb 24 hour race, my driver missed the pit the last 20 mins of the race and kept hitting the wall and backing up...my heart was beating becuase the 2nd place was 4 mintues behind me...anyways he kept going and about 5 miles in he ran out of GAS!!!! :scared: :scared: Then the 2nd place car PASSED ME!! :scared: :scared: :scared: somehow he pit at the same time as me and passed him with 20 SECONDS TO SPARE....kinda crazy since there was 24 hours for something to happen.

BTW i was in a 350Z PITWORKS (JGTC) It was the only good thing i had.
And as of Right now im 6 hours in SartheII with my Formula :sly: but only 20k Feet ahead of the 2nd place car...NOT AGIAN! :scared:

z06camaro
This happened to me at the Nurb 24 hour race, my driver missed the pit the last 20 mins of the race and kept hitting the wall and backing up...my heart was beating becuase the 2nd place was 4 mintues behind me...anyways he kept going and about 5 miles in he ran out of GAS!!!! :scared: :scared: Then the 2nd place car PASSED ME!! :scared: :scared: :scared: somehow he pit at the same time as me and passed him with 20 SECONDS TO SPARE....kinda crazy since there was 24 hours for something to happen.

BTW i was in a 350Z PITWORKS (JGTC) It was the only good thing i had.
And as of Right now im 6 hours in SartheII with my Formula :sly: but only 20k Feet ahead of the 2nd place car...NOT AGIAN! :scared:
It did happen to me in 24hr Nurgurgring. He never ran out of fuel though...

Brickhead1
As for missing the pit , if its a tight track and there is losta traffic around the pit other cars can sometimes bump yours near the pit making it miss . Also if you are going to fast you can miss the pits too . on the Nurb. 24hr my b.spec driver missed the pits cause he flew off the track , he was only going on 3 ( steady ) too
This must be exactly what happened to my guy because if he is 1 entire lap ahead in over 200 miles, how else could he become 1 lap behind. That really is great info. Now I have even more to worry about when my guy is in B-spec. :scared:

I think that PD have just packed out the game with too many Enduros' and I'm up for like a 2 hour race but these 8 and 24 races are ott imo.

BTW is there any way to keep B-spec at x3 spped after it makes a pitstop as it just goes back out on x1 :( and after babysiting afew of the 10-200 lap enduro's so far I was bored stiff.

Thanks for any help.

Gilly
BTW is there any way to keep B-spec at x3 spped after it makes a pitstop as it just goes back out on x1 :( and after babysiting afew of the 10-200 lap enduro's so far I was bored stiff.
Thanks for any help.
There are cheat codes that allow "no tire wear" and "unlimited fuel" Thus you will never pit and you can leave it on 3x.
I havent used it yet. I just ask my girlfriend to put it on 3x whenever she gets a chance.

when ever my car pits it keeps the same settings . if i go in to the pits with speed 3 and overtake on , i come out with speed 3 and over take on

all i ever have to do is put it into the info view mode and speed up the race to x3

Brickhead1
when ever my car pits it keeps the same settings . if i go in to the pits with speed 3 and overtake on , i come out with speed 3 and over take on

all i ever have to do is put it into the info view mode and speed up the race to x3

Thats what his question was for. So he didnt have to keep putting it on x3 every time he came out of the pit.
If it was stuck on x3 it could be done in right around 9 hours instead of 24. 👍
24/2.66= 9 hours.
DIvide any race by 2.66 and that approximately how long it will take if you keep it at x3

CAMAROBOY69
Thats what his question was for. So he didnt have to keep putting it on x3 every time he came out of the pit.
If it was stuck on x3 it could be done in right around 9 hours instead of 24. 👍
24/2.66= 9 hours.
DIvide any race by 2.66 and that approximately how long it will take if you keep it at x3
If the race is 24 hrs
1x=24 hrs.
2x=12 hrs.
3x=8 hrs.
8+8+8=24
How do you come up with 2.66? Just a question not looking to get slammed.

Back