JGTC at Infineon Enduro

• Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 7 comments
United States
Bastrop, TX
I've been wanting to try this race with a JGTC Ride for quite a while & finally got around to it. Spent more time than the Race would have taken "Attempting" to tune a JGTC NSX for the circuit since I haven't used one yet in GT4. Just like in GT3 "PD" seems to have dealt them a poor hand AGAIN :irked: Try as I might (I'm NOT a very good chassis tuner) I could NOT get rid of the tendency to spin under hard braking on R-1 Tyres! :mischievous: No wonder that even with 917 HP, 114 A-Spec points were offered! :eek:

Finally "Threw in the Towel" & went back to the Garage for my trusty XANAVI Skyline. With nearly 700 hard miles on it already I was pretty sure ther'd be a severe HP fall off near the end of the race & indeed 45 Horses did "go missing" late in the Race. :indiff: First opposition I drew included the NISSAN R89C / NISSAN R92CP / NISSAN R390 GT / SAUBER C9 & CORVETTE C5? (Which should NOT have been there!) These are the same guys I faced HERE. This is an "Excellent" field if you're looking for a tight race. The first three cars stay close together the entire time & none of the "AI" do anything stupid!

Started out with 888hp & fitted a R-2/R-1 Tyre combo. Left the trans alone since even though I only used 1st thru 5th there were no real "Awkward" spots where I felt like I was in the wrong gear. Pushed the button & joined the fray. Got cleanly by the 'Vette & the Sauber & was trailing the R390 into Turn #4 when the Sauber decided to punt me into the Grass! :irked: No matter...I knew there was 2 hours & 44+ minutes left to go! :lol: Got back by him & everyone else by the end of Lap #3. 👍

Stayed out 'till Lap #14 even though my left front was WAY beyond yellow! :eek: Fortunately the "3 Muskateers" came in right behind me. I switched to R-1 fronts got out ahead of them & never lost the lead. Although the margin dwindled to as little as 3 seconds at one point I also extended it to more than a minute a couple of times. Changing fronts put me on a 18 Lap cycle so we didn't pit together again 'till late in the Race.

Had a totally "Un-Assisted" spin on Lap #64 in a spot I've NEVER spun before :banghead: that cost me about TEN Seconds & ultimately ONE Lap! :irked: Felt the HP "Go Away" about Lap #90. At the Final Pit (Lap #104) I switched back to R-2 fronts in an attempt to set my Fastest Lap...but with the HP "Gone" I couldn't best my earlier effort. Finally got around the fourth place car (The R92) on Lap #114 just as he was exiting the pits, but couldn't see the R89 or the Sauber. Finished 1'05.xxx ahead of the Nissan. 2 Hours & 45 Minutes of racing & just over a One Minute Victory qualifies as a "Close Finish" I guess, but I'd have preferred to see more "Traffic" than just the R390 & the 'Vette as I repeatedly Lapped them! :indiff:

FINAL RESULTS:
NISSAN Skyline "XANAVI" JGTC...116 Laps
NISSAN R89C...116 Laps
SAUBER C9...116 Laps
NISSAN R92CP...115 Laps
NISSAN R390 GT...Unknown (Down about 10)
CORVETTE C5...Unknown (Down about 14)

Race Time: 2:45'03.982
Fast Lap (R-2 Fronts): 1'21.260 (Lap #7)
Fast Lap (R-1 Fronts): 1'22.069 (Lap #47)
Horespower: 888/843
A-Spec Points: 85

That's All Folks!
As always Please let me know if you spot an error & I'll attempt to fix it! ...O.G. :D

Excellent race report, O.G. Looks like the JGTC car does it again

BTW - I know you've won the GT World Championship twice with a JGTC ride, but those were modded. So, do you think a STOCK JGTC ride could win the GT World Championship? (with a weaker field, of course.)

torque998
Excellent race report, O.G. Looks like the JGTC car does it again
THANX torque998! 👍

torque998
BTW - I know you've won the GT World Championship twice with a JGTC ride, but those were modded. So, do you think a STOCK JGTC ride could win the GT World Championship? (with a weaker field, of course.)
Not with ME driving! :lol: Although I didn't take notes the first time I ran it with the Toyota 88C-V Race Car...I don't think there is a "Weak" line-up. It seems to be the classic Three Fast Cars & Two Rolling Road Blocks scenario! :irked: ...O.G. :D

Another exceptional post by our accomplished associate. And, to have performed this feat on a somewhat - shall we say - 'unfriendly' course such as Infineon Raceway only adds to the luster. As discussed here and elsewhere, the competitive mix, like a throw of the dice, can vary but too often is not all that it shoud, or could, be.

Old Geezer
Not with ME driving! :lol: Although I didn't take notes the first time I ran it with the Toyota 88C-V Race Car...I don't think there is a "Weak" line-up. It seems to be the classic Three Fast Cars & Two Rolling Road Blocks scenario! :irked: ...O.G. :D

:lol: it is always the case. you just have to hope that the slower cars start near the front so they slow down the faster ones for you :sly:

Back