Nurburgring 4HR Vendetta

• Thread starter route_66
  • 37 comments
So I was in the 200pt thread and jdw suggested a stock Lancia Stratos for the Nurb 4HR, but then said it was too twitchy and would take a madman to concentrate on it for 4hrs...........hmmmm.....I'll take them odds, it's off to GT land we go......

So into the Stratos we go for a few test laps on S1's....oooh, Oversteer, I love oversteer - a few minor suspension tweaks later and I roll up to the grid for 4hrs of Ferrari engined entertainment.

What do I have lined in front of me?

1st - Holden Commodore SS (Ha, your Oz muscle doesn't scare me!)
2nd - Opel Speedster Turbo (You couldn't get a Lotus?)
3rd - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII MR (4WD is for wimps and school runs)
4th - Jaguar XKR-R (The Brit contingent, brought his bus with him)
5th - Skyline GT-R V-spec II (Oh well, youve got to make the numbers up I guess..)
6th - 189hp of Italian Thoroughbred!

Lap 1 -
Green is go and we're off. The Speedster moves quickly up to 1st, I can see that this will be my main competition. Take 5th at Hocheichen and leave the Skyline in my dust. Lack of power costs me through Flugplatz, but I get the XKR and 4th at Aremburg. The Evo moves to take the Holden at Kesselchen and I dive between and take them both! Now for the real race, the Speedster has a 2 second gap at Galgenkopf but I struggle to keep up on cold tyres down the straight.
Lap time: 8:12.012 Pos: 2nd (+5.594)

Lap 2 -
Chasing hard, I get a wheel on the grass at Flugplatz and the Stratos shows it isn't exactly tame. Some frantic Countersteering later and I'm back on course, but worse is yet to come - a big 360 at Pflanzgarten costs me ten seconds and second place!
Lap time: 8:09.3 pos: 3rd (+15.9)

Lap 3 -
With the Tyres warming unevenly, the Lancia's oversteer issues seem to be getting worse, but I make no mistakes on this lap, retake 2nd and start to really reel in the Speedster......I'm coming for you, you ******!
Lap time: 7:54.9 pos 2nd(+7.7)

Lap 4 -
After catching up a lot last lap, I feel like i'm getting in the zone - The stratos doesn't seem to think so though as the rear tyres wear out and force me to fight it through every corner. I Come in to the pits and change to S2's on the Front.
Lap time: 8:15.5 pos 2nd(+12.8)

Lap 5 -
The extra grip of S2's on the front stabilise the handling somewhat and It looks like the speedsters tyres are starting to wear.......get held up by the EVO at Klosterfal, but manage a decent lap and pull back a bit of time.
Lap time: 8:37.9 pos: 2nd (+25.7)

Lap 6 -
Tyres are green and it's time to really get on it. The Opel still hasn't pitted but I'm catching it fast this lap. Aside from a massive drift round the Karussell this is a good lap and I chew 8 seconds off his lead with a new lap record.
Lap time: 7:53.7 pos 2nd (+15.6)

Lap 7 -
Another solid lap puts me within striking distance - I catch up to within 10 seconds by Schwalbenschwanz, but he pulls away a little on the straight, then dives into the pits..........1st is mine! (for a lap at least)
Lap time: 7:56.4 pos: 1st (-1.1)

Lap 8 -
Mess up at Flugplatz again and run wide........tyres are almost dead and the Opel is eating into the lead. Come in for a fresh set and come out just 4 seconds behind (what the hell was he doing in the pits??!!)
Lap time: 8:04.7 pos: 2nd (+4.3)

Lap 9 -
Cold tyres make it tricky to keep up, but the Opel makes a mistake at Bergwerk and has to correct, putting me just 1 second behind..... but I fail to get round him before the straight and he pulls away again. grrrrr.....
Lap time: 7:59.9 pos: 2nd (+ 3.9)

Lap 10 -
No mistake now, My Stratos dog fights the Opel throughout the lap - I take the lead at Adenauer, but lose it at Metzgelfeld, then again at the Karussell only to lose it with a too wide line at Plfanzgarten.....curse you, you small German imitation Lotus! Again the straight is the killer and he pulls away once more.
Lap time: 7:58.8 pos: 2nd (+2.7)

Lap 11 -
finally get past him and hold him off long enough to build a 5 second lead through Kesselchen and Klostertal, block all the way down the straight and lead across the line!
Laptime: 7:55.5 pos: 1st (+0.7)

Lap 12 -
Now i'm in front he seems to lose interest a bit and falls back by a few seconds, then a few more at Eschbach (I think he must have messed up, I took 6 seconds out of him in three corners)...... Have to Come in for tyres and give up the lead though...
laptime: 8:07.8 pos 1st (+12.1)

Lap 13 -
New tyres and fuel and I'm back chasing - Again the Opel seems slow and I catch back up quite quickly, only 9 seconds behind at the end of the lap.
Lap time: 8:32.5 pos: 2nd (+9.2)

Lap 14 -
Still gaining, put in a quick lap and close up to 4 seconds before falling back to 7 behind on the straight. I expect him to pit this lap............
lap time: 7:56.7 pos: 2nd (+7.6)

Lap 15 -
.......But he doesn't!! giving me another lap to rope him in - with bad tyres the Opel can't keep the pace and makes lots of mistakes, he slides wide at Exmuhle and I'm back within 1 second him. I finish the lap with a 5 second lead as he goes to the pits and the clock ticks over halfway.
Lap time: 7:54.5 pos: 1st (+5.9)

Lap 16 -
I'm due in the pits this lap and need to make sure it's a good one to stay in front...luckily I don't make any mistakes and come into the pits with a 32 second lead.
lap time: 8:09.1 pos: 1st (-32.4)

Lap 17 -
Out of the pits just in front and it's back into the dogfight, have to block him for pretty much the whole lap while the tyres warm up and finish up just half a second up.
lap time: 8:33.5 pos: 1st (-0.4)

Lap 18 -
This Speedster sticks like glue! Another hard fought lap of blocking and swapping paintwork but I can't shake him and I'll need another stop before he does - this isn't looking so good.....
lap time: 7:58.6 pos: 1st (-1.2)

lap 19 -
He finally makes a big mistake! cuts into the back of me at Adanauer-Forst and over corrects onto the grass.. I pull out a 10 second lead.
lap time: 7:56.5 pos: 1st (-10.6)

lap 20 -
Again have to really floor it to have a chance after the pitstop, but this lap isn't too hot and I come into the pits only 11 seconds up.
lap time: 8:08 pos: 1st (-8.0)

lap 21 -
If I'm going to win it'll have to be now.......get out of the pits as fast as possible and scream round, cutting 5 seconds of his lead.
lap time: 8:29.7 pos: 2nd (+10.9)

lap 22 -
New lap record and I'm right in the zone. 0.7 down on the back straight as the Speedster pits in with fast fading tyres.
lap time: 7:51.9 pos: 1st (-2.8)

lap 23 -
another quick lap this time, but it's all going to come down to whether I can keep the lead out of the next stop.........
lap time: 7:53.5 pos: 1st (-25.7)

lap 24 -
Got to get of the pits ahead! with one pit stop each after this lap it'll be down to the wire.........I dive in...come on....come on......yes! out in front!
lap time: 8:06.5 pos: 1st (-3.7)

lap 25-26
Dogfight all the way round, pulling a second out here, losing a second on the straights.....
lap 27 - pull in for my last stop, thinking I migh need an extra lap to catch up. Cross my fingers that the Opel will pit before the end of the race...
lap 28 - gaining, but if he doesn't pit next lap then the times up and I'll lose
lap 29 - He pits as I scream down the main straight - the timer ticks past 3hrs55 as he emerges from the pits.......In FRONT! aaaaaarrrrggghhh...I'm 3 seconds down with one lap to go!

Final Lap -
Push really hard, he's on cold tyres and a little wobbly, but making up 3 seconds this lap isn't going to be easy.....I pull past at Wipperman and he chases me to the straight.....the Stratos gets chewed in on the straight and he passes me, but he out brakes himself into Tiergarten and I scream through into the last corner...and.....over the line....PHEW!

Result:
1ST Lancia Stratos
2nd Opel Speedster (+0.96)
3rd Evo VIII
4th XKR-R
5th Holden SS
6th Skyline GT-R

What a race! I'm knackered.

That was a bit of a close race!! Your mad! i would've hate to have lost it on the last lap after 4 hours, that woulda been a pain in the arse. Very good writeup 👍

A7X

WOW route_66 !!! :eek:
GREAT Race & a FANTASTIC Write-Up! 👍 Just been wondering what to use at this venue since I B-Speced it the first time thru. The STRATO'S (Dumb as it is...that IS how it's spelled on the car!) is one of my all time favorites! So glad we don't have to "Hack" it in like we did in GT3! 👎
I'm still chuckling over your line "curse you, you small German imitation Lotus!" Keep the Write-Ups, OOOOPS make that "Race Reports" coming!
...O.G. :D

route_66
.....curse you, you small German imitation Lotus!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love the write up 66! Looks like you had incredible fun!

Only got 175pts for this in a Honda S2000 myself, so this looks like it may be a good challenge for those extra 25pts when I get to 100% and have to start going back & mopping up wasted points!

*edit* Great minds think alike eh, Bob?!!!!

Old Geezer
WOW route_66 !!! :eek:
GREAT Race & a FANTASTIC Write-Up! 👍 Just been wondering what to use at this venue since I B-Speced it the first time thru. The STRATO'S (Dumb as it is...that IS how it's spelled on the car!) is one of my all time favorites! So glad we don't have to "Hack" it in like we did in GT3! 👎
I'm still chuckling over your line "curse you, you small German imitation Lotus!" Keep the Write-Ups, OOOOPS make that "Race Reports" coming!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.....give it a go, it's a great race that needs some serious concentration, and I doubt that some of the other line-ups (the NSX's are particularly devastating) could be beaten.....then again, I've seen a lot of your.....RACE REPORTS...yes, and you look like someone who enjoys proving the impossible possible!

Edit: Smallhorses - your race in the Stock Car thread with the S2000 was jdw's reason for suggesting the Stratos I think, so all this effort was partly your fault! Thanks!.

I believe you're either seriously committed to the game or you should be committed. Madness Sheer Madness. 👍

Brilliant write-up Route 66, there's no way I would roll the dice for 4hrs in the Stratos.
My eyes give up after about a 1/2 hour...

All I can say is :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: route_66!!!

Impressed as I was BEFORE I tested the STRATO'S, I'm even more so now! PLEASE "Warn" me when you're going to enter an OLR featuring "Stock" rides & just save myself the trouble of entering! :lol:

Granted: I am NOT a "Fan" of the "Ring & I'm NOT a "Fan" of rides that handle like a "Beached Walrus"...but still :eek: after two attempts I couldn't even get CLOSE to your times! 👍

Before I detail my ill fated attempts I must say that I do NOT remember the STRATO'S Road version that I drove in Real Life handling so poorly. BUT: It was 25+ years ago AND I did NOT drive it around the "Ring at speeds of 150 MPH!!! :eek:

Test #1 was in my "Near Stock" STRATO'S with everything removed EXCEPT Stage 1 Lightening for 179 A-Spec Points. After 4 Laps I was 3'14.303 BEHIND the Speedster :indiff: with a "Fast" (Yeh, Right!) Lap of 8'33.xxx.

Test #2 was in my "Other" STRATO'S with everything removed EXCEPT Stage 1 Lightening, Racing Suspension & Wing which gave 153 A-Spec Points. Still a "Dismal" showing even though it was lots easier to drive. The big problem was that this time I actually caught up to some other cars (was in 3rd for a VERY brief period) but was shoved off the track by them! :irked: Another 4 Laps yielded a best lap (Notice I didn't refer to it as a "Fast Lap" this time!) of 8.15.xxx & a deficit of "Only" 1'37.518 vs the "Speedster!" :mischievous:

KUDOs Again!!! OUTSTANDING JOB! ...O.G. :D

Old Geezer
All I can say is :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: route_66!!!

Impressed as I was BEFORE I tested the STRATO'S, I'm even more so now! PLEASE "Warn" me when you're going to enter an OLR featuring "Stock" rides & just save myself the trouble of entering! :lol:

Granted: I am NOT a "Fan" of the "Ring & I'm NOT a "Fan" of rides that handle like a "Beached Walrus"...but still :eek: after two attempts I couldn't even get CLOSE to your times! 👍

Before I detail my ill fated attempts I must say that I do NOT remember the STRATO'S Road version that I drove in Real Life handling so poorly. BUT: It was 25+ years ago AND I did NOT drive it around the "Ring at speeds of 150 MPH!!! :eek:

Test #1 was in my "Near Stock" STRATO'S with everything removed EXCEPT Stage 1 Lightening for 179 A-Spec Points. After 4 Laps I was 3'14.303 BEHIND the Speedster :indiff: with a "Fast" (Yeh, Right!) Lap of 8'33.xxx.

Test #2 was in my "Other" STRATO'S with everything removed EXCEPT Stage 1 Lightening, Racing Suspension & Wing which gave 153 A-Spec Points. Still a "Dismal" showing even though it was lots easier to drive. The big problem was that this time I actually caught up to some other cars (was in 3rd for a VERY brief period) but was shoved off the track by them! :irked: Another 4 Laps yielded a best lap (Notice I didn't refer to it as a "Fast Lap" this time!) of 8.15.xxx & a deficit of "Only" 1'37.518 vs the "Speedster!" :mischievous:

KUDOs Again!!! OUTSTANDING JOB! ...O.G. :D

I did warn you....... :) :) I think that I have an advantage in that I basically only drive the 'Ring at the moment, and my 200pt quest has improved my driving massively (Econoboxes on N1's tyres all the time makes the Stratos feel like the F1). Plus my favourite car is the Alpine A310, so hairtrigger oversteering beasts are right up my street, although I think I would never have done it if I stayed on S1's for the Front Tyres all the way through. It wasn't easy, I guess I just play to much GT......... :dopey:

Wow, just reading that wore me out. Congratulations on the excellent writeup (and race)! :D

I'm "attempting" a write up of 1000 Miles! in a mildly tuned 83hp Honda S500. The Mazda 110S looks to be the main competitor, and a little from an Isuzu. I can't believe the extremely long stock gears when the car only had 30hp. Even with 83hp it struggled through third gear, so I added a racing tranny to go with the stage 2 turbo and race exhaust.

With a qualifying lap of 10'06 it looks like I'll be doing a 4hr endurance as well. :P

...imitation Elise :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was some serious racing Route 66 my hat goes off to you, but since we don't a smilie for that yet... 👍 :lol: You must have been on the edge of your seat the whole time. I don't think I've got the nerves for that.

I remember running this in stock Elise 111S (150ish hp version if got the name wrong) for 194 A spec points. I don't remember if I faced an NSX, but now I really wonder :scared:

If you're looking for another big showdown for your Stratos check out the Laguna Seca Endurance and get a line up featuring the Ford Gt and the Saleen. You'll have to spend absurd amounts money and your car will end up a mere shadow of its former stock self, but it's an entertaining race and you seem to get 200 A spec points no matter what you do (admittedly my love of the car's looks kept me from adding a wing :yuck: ). The points and challenge never went away even after I showed up running Racing Mediums :nervous:

route... I say this with all sincerity... You're a NUTCASE! :sly: :lol:

Actually I say that because I'm supremely jealous of your abilities. :guilty: :bowdown:

What really gets me is that you raced and beat the Speedster and it was a 5 lap pitter :nervous: Because, ya know, the Stratos can get 200p with a MUCH easier lineup. It was a 199p lineup vs. a Ford Focus, GTO 5.7, Camaro, Audi RS 4 and the Lancia HF. Those guys have 8'23s for their best laps and two of those jokers are on a 3 lap schedule!

I mean, I knew when I was testing that the couple of 8'18 laps I had weren't the greatest but... 20 seconds difference! :eek:

BTW: I believe the Speedster and the Lotus are the worst. The NSXes are difficult to deal with too but not nearly as difficult as those two.

You say you toyed with the suspension? Did that make a big difference? I would think it would. What were your settings?

O.G. FWIW - I used a stock Clio 24V (no oil + S1s) and Smallhorses used an S2000 Type V '01. As long as you don't race the Speedster, Lotus or NSXes you should do fine. The Vette is probably the next most difficult to deal with.

First off I whole heartedly agree with jdw concerning route_66's driving abilities! :eek: I've been playing around running 4-6 Lap "Tests" for the last few days & I'm even MORE amazed at his "Feat!" 👍
jdw
O.G. FWIW - I used a stock Clio 24V (no oil + S1s) and Smallhorses used an S2000 Type V '01. As long as you don't race the Speedster, Lotus or NSXes you should do fine. The Vette is probably the next most difficult to deal with.
I've probably "tested" 10-12 times & I ALWAYS get the same "AI" Line-Up. The Speedster AND the NSX, an EVO VIII, plus a Camaro & the SVT Mustang! (BTW: This is on 2 different cards w/two different "Saves!") NOT that I'm lookin' for a different line-up (ALL my research would be for naught!) but has anyone got any idea why I'm gettin' the same guys over & over? :confused:
smallhorses
You drove a real one? You lucky, lucky, barstard!
Yes indeed! :sly: And I remember EVERY SECOND of it like it was yesterday. Long BORING story but at the time there were only 5-6 of them in the US...so I felt VERY Honored!

Old Geezer
F
I've probably "tested" 10-12 times & I ALWAYS get the same "AI" Line-Up. The Speedster AND the NSX, an EVO VIII, plus a Camaro & the SVT Mustang! (BTW: This is on 2 different cards w/two different "Saves!") NOT that I'm lookin' for a different line-up (ALL my research would be for naught!) but has anyone got any idea why I'm gettin' the same guys over & over? :confused:

I can tell you the order of that lineup:
Mustang, Camaro, Speedster, Evo 8 MR GSR and NSX Type R.

How could I do that?

1) The First Lineup, in every race, from console reset is always the same. Doesn't matter what car you take in.
2) I need more testing but I'm 90% sure that everyone has the same First Lineup(s).

Oh... and 3) The random ordering of lineups is independent of your saves.

And there's a strong possibilty that people with the same version of the game see the same lineups across the board.

Moral of the story: Can't always take the first lineup that comes along! :sly:

If you have the NTSC version, here's a test. Starting from console reset...
Do you get the following for a stock Stratos' 2nd lineup?
- Focus RS, GTO 5.7, Camaro, Audi RS 4 and Lancia HF.

And another test. If you have a stock RX-8 (regular, not the E or S) do you get this for the 2nd lineup?
- Camaro, Audi RS 4, Delta HF, Audi S4, RX-8 Type S

And one more while at it. If you have a stock Clio V6 24V (used w/o oil), do you get this for the 2nd lineup?
- Cobra, NSX R, Elise 111R, GTO 5.7, Jag S-Type R

Actually, for the Clio I think I waited until about the 8th lineup with
- M Coupe, M3, Evo 8, Lancia HF, Mustang

:eek::eek::eek: WOW jdw...I AM impressed! :eek::eek::eek:
Between YOU & Famine I'm not sure there's ONE GT4 Factoid left to be discovered! 👍
I am on NTSC so I'll check & see what line-ups I get by "cycling" thru them. In fact I think I have all the Rides you mentioned. THANX a LOT! :cheers: ...O.G. :D

Suspension tuning was: errr......

Spring rates up + 0.4 (both)
Ride height 103mm
dampers bound/rebound - default (6 i think)
stabilisers - 3/3

that's all. But yes it made a difference (ride height mainly)
I still maintain that the NSX's are harder to beat, particularly the Type-R, but yes you are all right. I am a nutcase.

Got any suggestions for what I should try next?

Old Geezer
Well...you could check HERE but you'll probably find them BORING...especially the last one listed! :lol: ...O.G. :D

Yes I am familiar with your excellent work with the CLK-GTR and JGTC cars 👍 :) and have tried most of those myself. I'm thinking perhaps CLK-GTR vs Sarthe 24 I? What do you think?

:nervous: :nervous:
Haly crop! Croly Hap! Crapy Hol! Holy Crap! :crazy: ... I can't believe you did this... despite having referred regularly to your 200 A-Spec point thread, this is still the height of mentalisticness!... Well done for pushing those boundaries even further, and for the great write-up (sorry, 'Race Report' :sly: ) too.... you deserve a hundred rounds of applause! :bowdown:

route_66
I'm thinking perhaps CLK-GTR vs Sarthe 24 I? What do you think?

Welllll...that IS the venue it was designed for...NO? :sly: Although I'm NOT sure...is this the Mercedes that did the "Flip" into the trees?

Anyhow, the only "FLAW" (IF you can call it that) I find in the CLK-GTR is it's LACK of Downforce...BUT at Le Sarthe that doesn't matter too much...in fact I need something to do right now! Time for a little "Test" I think...O.G. :D

So the Stratos comes stock with tunable suspension?
I haven't bought one yet and since I'm 3hrs into Sarthe I, I can't check!

Old Geezer
Time for a little "Test" I think...O.G. :D
Unless there are MONSTER Tyre Wear issues (I'm only two Laps into the 24 Hrs) It'll EASILY win Le Sarthe II. (I misread your Post! :dunce: ) 3'10 first Lap starting Last & a 3'06 second even with a pretty good "Git-Off" :banghead: "LOW' 3's are VERY Possible! 👍
The Big Merc in my Garage had been there SO Long that last time I drove it I hadn't discovered how to turn the ASM "Off"! :eek: Also must have been set up for the "Test Curse" but still turned a 3'07 on the first test lap!
Off to test @ Le Sarthe I & try to answer your Original Query...O.G. :D

EDIT:
O.K. Went to the correct venue this time. Drove the first Six laps before pitting on VERY Yellow tyres w/Fuel too low to take a chance...42 seconds ahead, Fast Lap of 3'20. Turned it over to my "B-Spec BERNARD" (I refuse to call mine "BOB") & he came out with only a small lead. Diced it out w/the R92 until he pitted on Lap #7.
"Bernard" got 7 Laps to my 6 :irked: w/a Fast Lap of 3'27 & still had 6 units of fuel left!!! He handed me about the same lead I'd given him but I got out of the pits w/a 8+ second lead. Figured I'd "Attempt" Seven since I should have a good lead by the end of Six & much to my surprise the tyres were in MUCH better shape than after my first stint. :confused: Seven was NO Problem w/a fast lap of 3'19 & into the pits at Lap #20 w/a 1 Minute 7 Second lead.
"Bernie" is up to Lap #25 now & has nearly a 1 minute lead. NO DOUBT this ride is capable of Winning at either Le Sarthe Venue! 👍 This things "Hella Fast" & "Bernie" seems to like it. The only thing I would be aware of is the Chassis going "Away" late in the race. When my Sauber that I used vs the Formula GT Guys got "Loose" it was a real "Handful" even w/MAX DF! :eek:
I want to try it again w/Less than MAX HP. Hope to have results soon...O.G. :D

blue_sharky39
[bit off-topic] Where can I get a Stratos from?
Hiya blue_sharky39: STRATO'S questions are NEVER "Off Topic!" :lol: You get the Rallye version by Winning SPECIAL CONDITION HALL (HARD): "Chamoni." The "Road" version can be purchsed at the Lanicia Dealer...O.G. :D

blue_sharky39
[bit off-topic] Where can I get a Stratos from?

Classics section of Lancia dealer under Italy.;)

*edit* Bob! You must type way quicker than me! That's twice in a couple of days we've posted the same response to something within minutes, & I swear both times your answer wasn't there when I started typing!

Also can anyone confirm if stock Stratos comes with tunable suspension?

Smallhorses
So the Stratos comes stock with tunable suspension?
I haven't bought one yet and since I'm 3hrs into Sarthe I, I can't check!

Nope. It isn't entirely stock, it has suspension (semi-racing) That's why I didn't put it in HiSpeeds thread. Sorry if this tarnishes my race a bit...but I had fun and that's what matters....... :)

Old Geezer
EDIT:
O.K. Went to the correct venue this time. Drove the first Six laps before pitting on VERY Yellow tyres w/Fuel too low to take a chance...42 seconds ahead, Fast Lap of 3'20. Turned it over to my "B-Spec BERNARD" (I refuse to call mine "BOB") & he came out with only a small lead. Diced it out w/the R92 until he pitted on Lap #7.
"Bernard" got 7 Laps to my 6 w/a Fast Lap of 3'27 & still had 6 units of fuel left!!! He handed me about the same lead I'd given him but I got out of the pits w/a 8+ second lead. Figured I'd "Attempt" Seven since I should have a good lead by the end of Six & much to my surprise the tyres were in MUCH better shape than after my first stint. Seven was NO Problem w/a fast lap of 3'19 & into the pits at Lap #20 w/a 1 Minute 7 Second lead.
"Bernie" is up to Lap #25 now & has nearly a 1 minute lead. NO DOUBT this ride is capable of Winning at either Le Sarthe Venue! This things "Hella Fast" & "Bernie" seems to like it. The only thing I would be aware of is the Chassis going "Away" late in the race. When my Sauber that I used vs the Formula GT Guys got "Loose" it was a real "Handful" even w/MAX DF!
I want to try it again w/Less than MAX HP. Hope to have results soon...O.G.

So it's not too hard.......hmmmm......how about the Panoz? Or maybe the Ford GT LM spec-II? Possibly over-extending myself here..........I did it in the Black R390 before and that wasn't too much trouble......hmmm.....time for some testing, I think.....

route_66
Nope. It isn't entirely stock, it has suspension (semi-racing) That's why I didn't put it in HiSpeeds thread. Sorry if this tarnishes my race a bit...but I had fun and that's what matters....... :)

No worries mate! If it comes with semi-racing suspension, then its stock by the game's reckoning and I'd have posted it in Hispeed's stock thread!
I mean otherwise, there'd be no race car submissions allowed at all, & we've all put 1 or 2 of those in, and they come "stock" with full racing everything!
To my mind stock means exactly that, no additional parts other than what is on the car when its bought or won. Possibly exempting tyre choice, but we've discussed that in the other thread already.

:bowdown: still a totally untarnished race by my reckoning! And you're right, fun is what counts most!

Smallhorses
No worries mate! If it comes with semi-racing suspension, then its stock by the game's reckoning and I'd have posted it in Hispeed's stock thread!
I mean otherwise, there'd be no race car submissions allowed at all, & we've all put 1 or 2 of those in, and they come "stock" with full racing everything!
To my mind stock means exactly that, no additional parts other than what is on the car when its bought or won. Possibly exempting tyre choice, but we've discussed that in the other thread already.

:bowdown: still a totally untarnished race by my reckoning! And you're right, fun is what counts most!

You misunderstand - It doesn't come with Semi-Racing. I bought Semi-Racing....because it really needs it! I did have S1's, which are slightly worse than what it comes with, so I guess that balances out. Still, It doesn't qualify for HiSpeed, so I guess I'll have to do it again without!:D.........then again..... :crazy: :yuck:

Latest Posts

Back