Nurburgring 4HR Vendetta

• Thread starter route_66
  • 37 comments
route_66
So it's not too hard.......hmmmm......how about the Panoz? Or maybe the Ford GT LM spec-II? Possibly over-extending myself here..........I did it in the Black R390 before and that wasn't too much trouble......hmmm.....time for some testing, I think.....

Hmmm... the Panoz or the McLaren F1 might be interesting but I tend to doubt they'll have enough ummpph without an extra turbo.

But, for someone who likes rides that require a little taming there is only ONE!

The Chapparal 2J! :sly:

Of course, I don't want to be responsible for any harm that may be caused when the handling starts really getting shaky in Hour #20! :nervous:

jdw
Hmmm... the Panoz or the McLaren F1 might be interesting but I tend to doubt they'll have enough ummpph without an extra turbo.

But, for someone who likes rides that require a little taming there is only ONE!

The Chapparal 2J! :sly:

Of course, I don't want to be responsible for any harm that may be caused when the handling starts really getting shaky in Hour #20! :nervous:

I think you might be onto something there................just been trying the Panoz....Not bad...got close....reckon maybe a little more power and it's in with a shout. However the 2J? You'd have to be mental.......oh....hang on..........be back in 24hrs 👍 👍 :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding, :guilty: I'm not trying to take anything away from a remarkable achievement, any way you want to look at it! :)

So, Paul, Jeremy or Bob, if I may be so bold as to use your real names, if one of you is going to attempt Sarthe I or II, can I request that you log the AI's pit strategies? Post them in my AI Pit strategy thread when you're done. :cheers:
There's been a report that the Jag XJ-R9 will do 16 laps of Sarthe II before pitting, which I don't think is possible, it would have to have twice as big a fuel tank as all the other cars to manage that!
I did try out the Ford GT LM Edition '02 with NA3 but no oil and with RSH tyres against the second lineup at Sarthe II, (it has R89C, Sauber C9, Minolta Toyota, Mazda 787B & Toyota GT-One) its worth 188pts but I'm so unfamiliar with the Sarthe courses that I couldn't keep up. Its fast in a straight line, up to 251mph while drafting, but it has normal brakes & no balance controller so slowing it down is a bugger! Sure one of you more experienced faster chaps could make it work! It wears rears quicker than fronts, but that's not surprising any of you I'd imagine!

Smallhorses
Sorry for the misunderstanding, :guilty: I'm not trying to take anything away from a remarkable achievement, any way you want to look at it! :)

So, Paul, Jeremy or Bob, if I may be so bold as to use your real names, if one of you is going to attempt Sarthe I or II, can I request that you log the AI's pit strategies? Post them in my AI Pit strategy thread when you're done. :cheers:
There's been a report that the Jag XJ-R9 will do 16 laps of Sarthe II before pitting, which I don't think is possible, it would have to have twice as big a fuel tank as all the other cars to manage that!
I did try out the Ford GT LM Edition '02 with NA3 but no oil and with RSH tyres against the second lineup at Sarthe II, (it has R89C, Sauber C9, Minolta Toyota, Mazda 787B & Toyota GT-One) its worth 188pts but I'm so unfamiliar with the Sarthe courses that I couldn't keep up. Its fast in a straight line, up to 251mph while drafting, but it has normal brakes & no balance controller so slowing it down is a bugger! Sure one of you more experienced faster chaps could make it work! It wears rears quicker than fronts, but that's not surprising any of you I'd imagine!

Sure. It's going to take a while to do the 24, though I'll try to have it done by the end of the week - I think it'll be the Ford, unless the 2J suprises me in my testing.....obviously you can expect a full write-up!

66 (Paul).

route_66
Sure. It's going to take a while to do the 24, though I'll try to have it done by the end of the week - I think it'll be the Ford, unless the 2J suprises me in my testing.....obviously you can expect a full write-up!

66 (Paul).

Look forward to it!;)

I'm nowhere near unlocking Extreme Hall yet, so I've no chance of testing the Ford GT LM Spec II '04 for winning the last thing in Professional Hall either.
Is there much of a difference between that car and the Ford GT LM '02? I notice the other one has a bigger wing to begin with, does that help much?

Smallhorses
Look forward to it!;)

I'm nowhere near unlocking Extreme Hall yet, so I've no chance of testing the Ford GT LM Spec II '04 for winning the last thing in Professional Hall either.
Is there much of a difference between that car and the Ford GT LM '02? I notice the other one has a bigger wing to begin with, does that help much?

Dunno, I just think the Spec-II ('04) looks nicer! Maybe another test is in order......

UPDATE to Post #24
Even though it appears the MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98 is no longer in contention, I thought I'd add the results of my tests this AM just in case someone else would like to attempt the 24 Hours with it.

Test#1: Dropped down to Turbo3 & made MINOR Chassi adjustments. Fuel economy improved to the point I could make EIGHT Laps BUT the tank was absolutely EMPTY! :eek: Tyre wear was a bit better as well, "IN" the Pits w/40 second lead..."OUT" w/28 seconds on the "Pack." Best Lap of 3'23.4xx.

Test#2: Dropped the Turbo completely & A-Spec points rose to 47! 👍 Drew a "New" line-up so wasn't sure what to expect. Again Eight Laps was no problem & had 4 "Units" of Fuel left as well! Because "ALL" the Fast Guys (Sauber/R89/R92) pit at the end of Lap #7 I pitted "IN" w/42 Second lead. "OUT" lead dropped to 12 seconds as I handed it over to "Bernie" so I could see how the others Lap times compared. BTW: This is a MUCH Slower combo than I tested with before! Sauber seems to be about 3 seconds per lap behind the R92's time when he's the "Leader"!!! In Five Laps "Bernie's" already lost 37 SECONDS!!! :eek:

I feel that this ride should yield a good CLOSE RACE for the Average driver who wants to A-Spec the whole thing. After 24 Hours of intense concentration (NO Telling what the least few hours might be like! :eek: ) The Big "Merc" should finish atop the Podium! 👍 ...O.G. :D

Back