+++ ForcedInduction's Video Thread +++ Welcome to AWD Drift Video GALORE

+++ ForcedInduction's Video Thread +++

Hi. For those of you who do not know me, I've been active since the GT3 drifting days. I have released a couple of videos in the GT3 days such as The Art of AWD (i-iii) series and AWD Project Black. I've participated in the GTPDC competitions and also have judged them numerous times in both GT3 and GT4.

'Save As' to save bandwidth. Thank you.

till then, happy sliding
-F.i.

Many of you have probably seen this already, but it is reuploaded for those that haven't.

AWD Resurrection WMV Version [right click; save-as] encoded to wmv from the xvid file. Quality is inferior to the Xvid encoded video.
My GT4 movie debut. After numerous videos in GT3, this is the launch of my first GT4 drift compilation.

March 2006:
STi @ Midfield 2 .divx format
My lap highlight video as a judge for GTPDC7. No editting, no music, just the turbo spooling and tire screeching sounds of a blue STi.

Divx player download here!

A BIG shoutout to Boundary Layer for hosting.

AWD Project Black, was an awesome vid.. i remember watching ages ago, one of my favourites at the time.

Looking foward to your GT4 vids... hopefully there upto the same standard ;)

hehe, already had the vid downloaded before you editted your post with the link.

I'll watch it in a few when Im off the phone and post comments.

edit: VVV hehehe

yes I'had watched the AWD project black some month ago and it was great. I remember a F...ing big show off drift at midfield with alot of angle and the rear tires on the white line ( corrige me if I'm wrong[I'll download it after my post])
Well I'll not make a comparaison between GT3 and GT4 because it's 2 thing totaly different for me.
So to talking about your AWD Resurrection I'm not a big fan of the no countersteered drifting but I liked your vid.the drifting was clean with somes difficulty and it was fun to watch.
I even have 2 negative points. I found that the beginning of the video was more fun than the end. the beginning was more attractive with more controle and hardly drifting than the end who was softly. but it's my opinion
the second point its about the audio quality, it will be nice with a better quality.
however it was a nice video dude, keep it the good work :crazy:

Awesome GT4 Drift Video man. I didn't see any counter steer though :D :lol: That was a nice video though. And both songs were awesome. I hope once I get a new PC, I'll be able to buy a video card or w/e it's called and make awesome video's like you and every one else :) Keep it it up

mike le chat no
yes I'had watched the AWD project black some month ago and it was great. I remember a F...ing big show off drift at midfield with alot of angle and the rear tires on the white line ( corrige me if I'm wrong[I'll download it after my post])
Well I'll not make a comparaison between GT3 and GT4 because it's 2 thing totaly different for me.
So to talking about your AWD Resurrection I'm not a big fan of the no countersteered drifting but I liked your vid.the drifting was clean with somes difficulty and it was fun to watch.
I even have 2 negative points. I found that the beginning of the video was more fun than the end. the beginning was more attractive with more controle and hardly drifting than the end who was softly. but it's my opinion
the second point its about the audio quality, it will be nice with a better quality.
however it was a nice video dude, keep it the good work :crazy:

You mean the black r33 GTR at midfield tracing the white line? I think that was Art of AWD 3. I don't have the video :( :( :( I hope someone can send it to me.

Yea, the better drifts were at the beginning of the movie and i slacked off towards the end :nervous:

Audio quality was 56kb/sec...vegas didn't give me an option for 128kbit audio and I didn't feel like fixing it.

Glad everyone likes the video.
Oh, if someone has a copy of Art Of AWD III, can you please tell me? Thanks!

oh yeah it was the Art Of AWD III Wonderfull. unfortunately I don't have it. I have lost somes video of my team to, as " Vince Aston Martin vanquish exhibition drifting " or a full deep forest II lap in R32 skyline". We should be open a new topic to find our lost video lol
however I'm use vegas video and I can chose the sound bit rate in the rendering option. mines its fixed to 320kb/sec. I thinks its maybe because you use a standar rendering, you must try to use a custom rendering if you never try it before

mike le chat no
oh yeah it was the Art Of AWD III Wonderfull. unfortunately I don't have it. I have lost somes video of my team to, as " Vince Aston Martin vanquish exhibition drifting " or a full deep forest II lap in R32 skyline". We should be open a new topic to find our lost video lol
however I'm use vegas video and I can chose the sound bit rate in the rendering option. mines its fixed to 320kb/sec. I thinks its maybe because you use a standar rendering, you must try to use a custom rendering if you never try it before

When i was rendering my movie, I had to reinstall xvid codec to make it show up and I didn't feel like doing the same for audio because my head hurt haha. Better audio encoding probably would have brought up my file size too :grumpy:

woo. ok I know I had never had this trouble because I'm using the wmv compression. it's basic but it working good for me and for the same size that your video I can have a bit better quality. It's just a choice

mike le chat no
woo. ok I know I had never had this trouble because I'm using the wmv compression. it's basic but it working good for me and for the same size that your video I can have a bit better quality. It's just a choice

hmmm. maybe i'll give wmv compression a try.

by the way, does anyone have trouble viewing the video?

I still do. That's why I'm yet to comment.

I've stripped all codecs from my compy and started anew installing your recommended codecs first - still no go.
Can't open in in BSplayer, WMP 10, WMP Classic, Virtual Dub, or Vegas.

I can't figure it out - clearly the problem is at my end.

with regard to the xvid vs wmv conversation that is just getting underway:
if you use autogk you can get great video quality out of an avi handler with low bitrate and next to no knowledge of video compression (of course, the more you know the better).

Check my latest vid (DSJ3 Highlights). It uses xvid compression. here's the stats:

Time: 4min 41s
Size: 32mb
Video: XVID 640x480 29.97fps [Stream 00]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 128Kbps [Stream 01]

Boundary Layer
I still do. That's why I'm yet to comment.

I've stripped all codecs from my compy and started anew installing your recommended codecs first - still no go.
Can't open in in BSplayer, WMP 10, WMP Classic, Virtual Dub, or Vegas.

I can't figure it out - clearly the problem is at my end.

with regard to the xvid vs wmv conversation that is just getting underway:
if you use autogk you can get great video quality out of an avi handler with low bitrate and next to no knowledge of video compression (of course, the more you know the better).

Check my latest vid (DSJ3 Highlights). It uses xvid compression. here's the stats:

Time: 4min 41s
Size: 32mb
Video: XVID 640x480 29.97fps [Stream 00]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 128Kbps [Stream 01]

Have you tried the Divx player on the first post? That one solved problems on my other computer.

Video codec is a Xvid mpeg-4 layer
Audio is the same mp3.

ForcedInduction
Have you tried the Divx player on the first post? That one solved problems on my other computer.

yup.
dunno what my issue is.
~shrugs~ :indiff:
I'll keep working at it, I don't wanna hijack this with my own problems.

Thanks swift and vtec.

But it's sad to see that only a small number of people are watching these vids.
I miss the old GT3 days when a lot of people enjoyed my movies.

Just for everyone's reference, I make vids for you guys and only you guys @ GTplanet 👍

Nice very nice. I had no problems with the vid. I seen one mishap at the end but nothing big. Lol I've watched so many vids I can noticed things but I can't even drift myself :(

S*** sorry dude, I neglected to notice the update.

Im running through some programs to get this video viewed!... ill post some comments as soon as i can see it.

Hmmm...BoundaryLayer's having the same problem also.

Have you tried downloading the xvid codec I used? It's in the first post.

For those of you who had trouble watching the vid but found a way to view it, can you share your secrets? :)

Back